Recommended Reading

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Recommended Reading

Post by JimT »

Especially if you have never read it!

Unintended Consequences by John Ross

It's time to read it again and share it with younger shooters who have not read it.

Since it is out of print and copies go so high, Kindle is a good way to get it.
https://www.amazon.com/Unintended-Conse ... ref=tmm_ki...

OR you can download a free copy in a few different formats. For reading on the computer PDF is very easy and works nice.
https://archive.org/details/unintended- ... -John-Ross
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Recommended Reading

Post by Bronco »

I searched long enough to find a good condition copy for $14.95.
Why are so many asking $60.00 to $100.00 or more. Why is the book so expensive most places ??
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well, I tell ya Jim…….I’ve been reading some really good stuff and in one story my question was answered….many years ago me and a friend were hiking through the mountains of Wyoming and came across an old cabin which was obviously long abandoned. We walked in and the next thing I know spots of sunshine were appearing in the walls and then the bed spring got hit and ricocheted and hit my friend….DRT….

I ran for what I was worth and came across an old prospectors cabin…it was dark…..stumbled over a mason jar filled with Mexican pesos……shots rang out from an old 44-40…..I got kilt….

I highly recommend Jim’s books…easy to read formats and each story is not drug out with fillers.

Fine reading Jim in the gloomiest month of the year….thank you….:D——006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:31 pm Well, I tell ya Jim…….I’ve been reading some really good stuff and in one story my question was answered….many years ago me and a friend were hiking through the mountains of Wyoming and came across an old cabin which was obviously long abandoned. We walked in and the next thing I know spots of sunshine were appearing in the walls and then the bed spring got hit and ricocheted and hit my friend….DRT….

I ran for what I was worth and came across an old prospectors cabin…it was dark…..stumbled over a mason jar filled with Mexican pesos……shots rang out from an old 44-40…..I got kilt….

I highly recommend Jim’s books…easy to read formats and each story is not drug out with fillers.

Fine reading Jim in the gloomiest month of the year….thank you….:D——006
Ha! I thought that shooting story sounded familiar. :lol:
You are most welcome my friend.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jim…..for real…no b.s…….how did you and your dad do with prospecting?…..it’s a very interesting subject and what you tell me are only words so I’m not gonna go running to the IRS………

The more I read in your books the more interested I am in your life……….akin to Elmers life, when people did what they had to do to survive or to get ahead, with no government interference ……….and most people felt the same……

Ya know, unlike me, a single action Colt was kept for life and wear and tear didn’t mean nuttin’…only dependability mattered..….I arrived too late in the wrong part of the country…..——006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

We found color in lots of places ... but it was a lot of work getting to it or getting it out. Never found a "strike" or a big pocket. Dad was always looking though. Met interesting people along the way. Some of those interesting people were the kind you did not want to be around for very long. :lol: