9mm Henry...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

9mm Henry...

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Re: 9mm Henry...

Post by Lastmohecken »

I kind of like, but I don't know about the price.
NRA Life Member, Patron
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Looks like a cool little carbine. Reminds me a bit of the old Winchester '07. Would be cool to see some other caliber choices.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sure wish they would make it in .30 carbine as well.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Straight blowback design, you run into serious issues if trying to upscale too much. Makes me wonder if it'd hold up to that Seismic ammo Ray posted about recently. 185 gr 9mm out of a carbine should be interesting - if the action can handle it.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Why does the action look long enough to be a 30-06?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

44shooter wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:04 pm Why does the action look long enough to be a 30-06?
Perhaps due to the heavy weight 'slide' needed for blowback-mechanism 9mm's.

Still, I'll bet they could do a 45 ACP, like the Marlin Camp Carbine. Those were (are) a nice under-appreciated little 'camp' gun. Too bad they didn't make them accept double-stack magazines though. Guns like the Mech-Tech 'upper' can be set up to use double-stack 45 ACP mags, so although they are about as ungainly and awkward as the Thompson 45 ACP's, they do make an inexpensive way to get a 45 ACP with 20-round magazines that are only a couple inches longer than the grip on a 1911.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:41 am
44shooter wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:04 pm Why does the action look long enough to be a 30-06?
Perhaps due to the heavy weight 'slide' needed for blowback-mechanism 9mm's.

Still, I'll bet they could do a 45 ACP, like the Marlin Camp Carbine. Those were (are) a nice under-appreciated little 'camp' gun. Too bad they didn't make them accept double-stack magazines though. Guns like the Mech-Tech 'upper' can be set up to use double-stack 45 ACP mags, so although they are about as ungainly and awkward as the Thompson 45 ACP's, they do make an inexpensive way to get a 45 ACP with 20-round magazines that are only a couple inches longer than the grip on a 1911.
MyRuger 10/22 mag has a 1pound( I weighed it) breech block, I believe you are right Doc.
I'd like to see this in 40, then I could use the G23 mags I already have.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

It looks good and traditional. Just big for what it is. Expensive too. Like a slightly miniaturized BAR sported.

BTW I think Ruger has discontinued the 40 cal version of its PC Carbine. It’s not perfect either but the ability to use two different mag systems of which I own is appealing.