Paco

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Paco

Post by JimT »

from this morning... Paco holding his old S&W .45. This gun was a total wreck, missing the hammer and other parts. Someone had tried to chrome-plate it and totally messed the gun up. Gary Reeder took it and completely restored it. It took a year or more to hunt down some of the missing parts but he got the job done. The old gun is beautiful .. completely remarked like originally. Paco just recently got the gun back and this morning his daughter sent me the photo. I called and talked to him and he is totally excited to see the restoration.
Paco_Old_S&W.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Paco

Post by Blaine »

I love good news.... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lookin' ready! Is that a mdl 25?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Griff wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:39 pm Lookin' ready! Is that a mdl 25?
No .. it's an old long-action .45 ... maybe the civilian version of the 1917? I am not really very familiar with the old S&W guns.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JimT wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:25 pm
Griff wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:39 pmLookin' ready! Is that a mdl 25?
No .. it's an old long-action .45 ... maybe the civilian version of the 1917? I am not really very familiar with the old S&W guns.
Heck I'm not that familiar with new ones!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
arclight
Levergunner

Post by arclight »

Great to see two old warhorses still rarin' to go!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

What arclight said. I hope Paco gets to shoot that beauty real soon.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Cool!. That's great news for sure.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Cool Roscoe. Curious, has he always been cross-eye dominant?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

samsi wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:13 pm Cool Roscoe. Curious, has he always been cross-eye dominant?
I really don't know.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It’s a 1917 resighted……I think good ole Paco is sighting down on an NVA insurgent…..or maybe a NYC druggie.

I like how the front sight is with the “glare reducer” is cut on the proper side.

I shoot the same way…right arm strong with the left eye…….rifle is shot from the left shoulder…extreme left eye dominate….
Model A Uzi’s
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Thanks Six. I was slightly left eye dominant when I was younger but shot enough to train the right eye to take over. Now older, the left eye definitely sees better but I'm being bullheaded about retraining myself - again.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Samsi…..don’t think into it….just shoot however you feel more comfortable with……not like the Catholic nuns who would beat your knuckles with a ruler if you were writing left handed……

I bet ole Paco could tell stories……..the guys who did the real thing never talk about it. The only things I ever had gun battles with were beer cans at 20 yards.—-006
Model A Uzi’s
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

samsi wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:13 pm Cool Roscoe. Curious, has he always been cross-eye dominant?
I think so. I can’t put my finger on why, but I shoot that way and remember from a ways back that he does.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Reeder took a derepit old gun that barely was useful as a boat anchor, and made it young and functional again...!!! 8)

.....so.....maybe I need to send MYSELF into Gary Reeder for a 'restoration'.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Very cool! Always love seeing and old Smith back to like new again!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Tycer wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:19 pm
I think so. I can’t put my finger on why, but I shoot that way and remember from a ways back that he does.
Well I guess I'm gonna have to try it since it seems a lot of the cool kids do it! :D
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good to see Paco Jim, thank you.
Good to feller that restored that revolver.
I bet it could tell some tales if it talked!
Best regards Paco.
N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Born left handed, neither eye dominant. I can shoot left handed just as well as right handed. Was beaten into being a right hander as a toddler.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:58 am Born left handed, neither eye dominant. I can shoot left handed just as well as right handed. Was beaten into being a right hander as a toddler.
this is amazing ! same story here, I was able to bat and pitch right or left handed. terrified Mom so I was "trained" to right hand everything. i rebelled by eating with my left hand, which i still do. i am right eye dominant and now can't shoot left handed.

Ugh, training !

LOL
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Grizz wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:42 pm
piller wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:58 amBorn left handed, neither eye dominant. I can shoot left handed just as well as right handed. Was beaten into being a right hander as a toddler.
this is amazing ! same story here, I was able to bat and pitch right or left handed. terrified Mom so I was "trained" to right hand everything. i rebelled by eating with my left hand, which i still do. i am right eye dominant and now can't shoot left handed.
Ugh, training !
LOL
Same here... Was forcibly trained to write right handed in school... Many years later Mom got upset as she's also a lefty! But, really neither eye dominant so when Dad taught me to shoot he suggested it go at it as a righty, less limiting on guns, etc. I still find it VERY hard to shoot with both eyes open. I've only been able to do it with my AR and scope at 1-power and concentrating hard. It's more time consuming than just closing the left eye and getting on with it!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Griff wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:23 pm
Grizz wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:42 pm
piller wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:58 amBorn left handed, neither eye dominant. I can shoot left handed just as well as right handed. Was beaten into being a right hander as a toddler.
Ugh, training !
LOL
Same here... Was forcibly trained to write right handed in school... Many years later Mom got upset as she's also a lefty! But, really neither eye dominant so when Dad taught me to shoot he suggested it go at it as a righty, less limiting on guns, etc. I still find it VERY hard to shoot with both eyes open. I've only been able to do it with my AR and scope at 1-power and concentrating hard. It's more time consuming than just closing the left eye and getting on with it!
that is really interesting! i had binocular vision shooting right handed and up to a certain point in time i could see the front bead superimposed on the animal with no blurring. i learned to shoot with both eyes open, that's how Dad instructed me, and that's how i shot until the eyeballs rebelled and i started squinting. Ugh, ageing!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I can shoot with either eye or both. I am pretty consistent no matter how I do it ... I shoot equally lousy in all modes. :)
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

:) I'm in the same club. Shoot equally poorly with either hand.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Awesome! Thanks for the post, on both Paco & his Smith .45….
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I needed a pick-me-up. Thanks Jim! :D