Anyone have load data for HP101 powder?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Anyone have load data for HP101 powder?

Post by geobru »

I have some Herters Perfect 101 powder to use up. Does anyone have any load data for 348 caliber 200 or 225 gr. lead or jacketed bullets or 308 cal 150 gr jacketed bullets?
Geobru
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anyone have load data for HP101 powder?

Post by earlmck »

Well that's a blast from the past! I don't think I ever did have any data for the Herter's powders. I have 100 and 103 here; should probably figure out something to use them up in while they are still fresh (less than 50 years old). Hmmm.... well, maybe not much over 50 years old.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

A number of old gun powders had some load data printed on the label. If this powder has any data it might help to be able to figure out how it might reference to another cartridge.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Well,,,,,
I did some digging and found out that one of the Herters published a book with load data in it. I ordered it, so hopefully I will get some load data from it.