Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by .45colt »

Oh Six , wakey, wakey , it's time to go get your new appliance.....buy one made under the Blue dome this time......
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Squawk Box! You won a page! What's your address and I'll send you a box that weighs about 45 pounds but you have to pick up the freight.....you could rip out the insides and bolt it to your work bench with a lock and hasp for your pliers, hammers, crow bars,
hacksaws and other advanced tools you have.

We only have the electricity on for two hours a day. Had to siphon fuel from the mighty Kubota (yea, you can mix a little diesel with gas.) so we have fuel to get to Target......

Picked up a second hand microwave….$59…..new one was $20 more but we needed that for gas.
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Was trying to put a link up to the Garst museum in Greenville Ohio. don't want to work, they have a big display of Annie Oakley stuff. including Her Marlin 44-40 smoothbore .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

She had two….I have the other one….at least I’ll know for sure as soon as that letter gets here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=garst+m ... nt=gws-wiz
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We got a ton of 44-40 and 38-40 smoothbores up here.
Of course, they didn't start out that way. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:14 pm We got a ton of 44-40 and 38-40 smoothbores up here.
Of course, they didn't start out that way. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

24f here and I'm cold... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

12 degrees here.....and I'm not. :D

Hey buddy. Wondering where you been. Glad to see you're ok. Wasn't sure if the Russians invaded. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, be 72 here Wed.

Tell you what, make it here you can shoot my Rossis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The only reason I'm cold is a scented candle doesn't give off much heat..... I never thought I would miss my log burner so much.....

OS I've never seen 72f here even with the central heating full on....and I've had a couple of Rossi's of my own in the past it's your Colts I'd like to get my hands on :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We can certainly take those out for a spin. But you have been in the desert so you know how it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I let a few go in acquisition of hunting rifles. Generally they have been quite accurate particularly the 44 Spl and the New Frontiers.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Six, do you have the "Marlin firearms' book by Brophy? I wonder if it would have records on how many smooth bore rifles were made.?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, I have dat book…..and I studied it and every book I have…….and found nothing, nada, zilch, nada, nada, nada..as to statistics. The Winchester 1892 smooth bore was a more popular gun with the.B.B. Wild West shooters and you know how many of them were made……I’ve never seen one……..when something isn’t even talked about in a book …or very little…….it’s rare beyond rare….

Like an extra lightweight 1886 ……they were only made in 45-70 and .33…..never catalogued in any other caliber as the configuration was different and Winchester didn’t want to make new jigs and tooling to accommodate a few people …but……some were made in other calibers for special people, like me, who happens to have two extra lightweights in 45-90 with nickel steel barrels…

Now, on to business………..weather is decent for a change…41…..
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Like a Model 61 Winchester smooth bore …..they were catalogued and there was even a “mini skeet” game invented just for the gun…..they are out there indecent numbers but how many do you see? And that’s a catalogued item.

I once drove around 85 miles to a two bit farm auction to buy one of those…..I waited all day for it to come up and when it did, 20 other people were also waiting for it……..I went to many an auction just to come home empty handed, but that’s part of the game…and it is a game…the chase is adrenaline filled…..after the “catch” it’s on to a new item.

Those two extremely rare and nice Colts was a 2 year chase from a guy who had more money than Jay has fiddleheads, no intention of selling them and other obstacles I needed to overcome. THAT was the chase of a lifetime. Many times it’s luck…….being in the right place at the right time…..but……believe it or not, we all create our own luck…..
Ooooohhhhhh……..let the party roll…….let them attempt to take their toll…………they will lose, I will win, and then we will all have a tonic and gin….——0000000006
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"and then we will all have a tonic and gin" Hell Ya! that's what I'm talkin about.. :wink: ......it's been 15 years since I was at the Garst and saw the display on Annie. it looks like it has been much improved since then. I was dumbstruck just to see some of the guns She had used . Greenville as most know is where She was from. Here's a real Brain buster........I'll talk Momma into a two day trip..............go over to Findlay Ohio to the best gun shop in the state, Jacques Firearms....and then south to Greenville. By the time I say the words Her Bags will be packed.!! Once again I'm a Hero. :shock: .
And if I was smart when I was a lot younger I'd have an 86 EL .........Elmer wrote that He had Five of them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, Elmer did….I’ve got 4…..two in 45-90, one in .33 and one in 45-70. Plus the older ones…a 10 pounder in 45-70 and another 10 pounder in 40-65 which is one of my most accurate of all leverguns….next to my 13 pounder 1881 Marlin in 40-60 which I won more than a few matches with.oh, also got a 45-70 SRC….that was a story getting that one……..had to pay traveling expenses for a guy from Texas who beat me on the bid……man,did he lose. :D I told him, “you beat me on the bid…..you give it to me for what you paid and I’ll pay all of your traveling expenses…….ha….I quit the bidding early cause I knew something he didn’t then I exposed it……he was more than happy to take my $500…

Now, it mostly all memory…had enough after pulling the trigger a half million times, excluding rimfires.

Mom likes to travel, huh?…..well, she will like that. Can I come and ride in the back seat? I promise I won’t whine and continue to ask, “are we there yet?”. That will be fun……we can go to all the gun shops and go out to eat…….I can sleep on the floor, next to you guys….oh boy,I’ll get ready and pack too! Can I bring my dog, Miss Apple?

My wife don’t like to travel and neither do I. Mom never had any real friends, just a few acquaintances. She never trusted anyone other than her sisters. She tried to warn me many times about people but I learned the hard way that most people are back stabbers. Besides, we have everything we want right here…woods, streams, open land, shooting range for small stuff, pasture, lots of “keep out!,” signs and even a little swamp….
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes boys! I'm wiped out.
I got up this morning and figured I'd head up to camp. Now last time was dicey getting out, so i figured I'd throw the snowblower in the truck and snowblow the high center in my trail in. It was 9 degrees up there, so I threw on some long John's (I usually never do), thinking when I was done I'd get a fire going and have some lunch and a coffee. Dad couldn't go so it was a solo trip. As it turned out, it was probably a good thing.
So I drove the truck down to the cable and unloaded the blower. I had probably half a mile to snowblow, but had to make two passes. It started out going pretty well, but when I got to where I had trouble with the truck last week, it was tough sleddin'. Nine degrees or not, I was soaked with sweat and down to my t-shirt before long. When I got to the corner (about half way), I figured I'd hike back and drive the truck down to the corner.
I started down the tracks as usual, but didn't go 50 yards before both sets of wheels slid off to the right side. I managed after some screwing around to get the front wheels back up but the rear wasn't ever going. It was scratchin', but I got it to the corner, where the turn allowed the rear back up. This was a bad sign, as I'd never had an issue going in. Had to go all the way now, cause I had to turn around, and the camp dooryard was the only place safe for that.
So I cranked the blower up to do the second half, which didn't prove much easier. When I got back to the truck, I loaded the blower and headed in for the second half.
Yup....didn't go 50 feet this time, and the rear slipped off the left. No choice but to let it crab walk and have the rear body plow through the bushes for a quarter mile. I got to camp and turned the truck around, then headed in to sit for a minute. I'd brought up an end table, a small shelf, and a knockoff Winchester thermometer. I put them inside and briefly thought about getting a fire going, but decided against it, not knowing what a mess getting out would be. I sat outside in the sun and drank a bottle of water while I cooled down and dried out.
Then it was the moment of truth. When I headed out I was super cautious. I left the driver's door halfway open and sat with one cheek on the seat so I could see the exact position of the front tire. I went slower than a walk. Seriously.
I got all the way back out to the corner with no problems.
I swung the corner real careful and started up the grade. This part was a mess from the trouble last week. There were many times the frozen tracks were narrower than the tires. I got out and looked often. It was slow going, but was going ok.......right up until the truck slipped off to the left with both sets if wheels. The passenger side was about up to the doors, but the truck would still kind of move. Especially back, as it was downhill. I thought if I backed all the way back to the corner the truck would get itself back on the frozen tracks, but it kept slipping farther towards the ditch. That would NOT be good.
It was at this time I realized I had forgotten to bring a shovel. So, I walked back to camp and got one, then walked back to the truck. I cleaned around the passenger side a little and made a taper on the frozen ridge so the tires would climb up onto em. It worked!
Then I started over. Again it was super super slow while hanging out the door watching. I finally made with no more issue. It's weird, cause the steepest part is the end going up into the road, but I NEVER have a problem there. Go figure.
In the pictures it doesn't look like much snow, but trust me, it's up to my thigh if your off something frozen or packed.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yikes Oldwin!! we have had a lot of snow here that is thigh deep and until you need to move it it's no problem...... :shock:
Here is a funny thing that happened to me , Momma goes away for the weekend and leaves Me all alone......The grass needs cutting and I'm into a bottle of Whiskey and put the mower in the ditch by the road,..... :oops: . Then it Dawns on Me that the ditch is part of the "right of way" as the Highway Patrol goes by. No problem I thought just get the Jeep and pull it out...... :lol: . Great ,but I get the Jeep in the ditch as well . :shock: . no way out of this so I put the jeep in low range and cut the wheel and 6,000 rpm later We are out in the yard. ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay that's sounds like quite an adventure, It's a long long time since I did anything similar. I remember when I was 17 my GFs brother put his LandRover in a snow covered ditch next to a canal late one night, that was fun getting it back out...
I found out today that I'm not cut out for that sort of fun anymore, I got a chill in the jaw and teeth just walking around in the freezing cold, I never used to complain about the cold but now I can't get away from it outside or in, it's only 31f at the moment and that wouldn't be cold enough for me to wear gloves last year but now I'm wrapped up like Nanuke of the North.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"Mom likes to travel, huh?…..well, she will like that. Can I come and ride in the back seat? I promise I won’t whine and continue to ask, “are we there yet?”. That will be fun……we can go to all the gun shops and go out to eat…….I can sleep on the floor, next to you guys….oh boy,I’ll get ready and pack too! Can I bring my dog, Miss Apple?
Hell Ya You can Bring The Dog.....but We will need prolly three days for You to get thru Jaquas .they have stuff from High to low . last time I was there they had a shotgun on the counter worth 40K . You mostly know more than a lot of the Guys working there.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha! MUI?

Mowing under the influence. I think it's BS the cops bagging people for that. You're on your own property, you're not in the road. It's just more BS big brother likes to pull for money and power.
All under the guise of "safety".

That's the most dangerous word in the country.

I just woke up in the chair........ :D
Sleeping about 3 and half hours last night probably didn't help.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm yawning at the moment watching Slow Joe. Kevin is doing what he can to stay awake.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The pics look like nothing but I know pictures don't do justice.......chains next time?

No fun being that far back and your by yourself....but....you made it bro!

My guess is that the Rubi would have been trouble free.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man!
Got up to go to bed and we got 3 or so inches of snow since 7:30. I didn't even know it was snowing. So I went out and scraped that up. Oh well, Zoey had fun. That's her favorite thing in the world.

Yeah buddy, the Jeep would have gone with no problems. Way more clearance and much lighter.
I'd say from here on we will use the sled. I been pushing it with the truck. Partly, to see how it goes, and cause it's easier for dad.
Couple inches of lift and some 37s and that truck would be an animal.

That's it for me boys. See you tomorrow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nighty night bro…….
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yesterday it was 50* here.... :shock: took one of My bows down to the state park archery range and shot about 100 arrows. nobody else there so I was a Happy Guy! Sun is out today and is already 40* . :D . tried to watch some of the video of last nights speech this morning and couldn't stand it. Thank God that they have Rowan & Martin Laugh in re runs on in the morning. makes more sense than the liar in chief.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It is politics, you are being lied to and manipulated. Just have to figure how much, by who and which way. ;-)

60 years old, spent many hours at this as a kid.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Very Cool OS. :D . I hadn't shot my bows in more than 20 years. last fall My Grandsons were making bows out of anything they could find. I dug out the Bow their Dad used as a kid and a few arrows. they are crazy about archery now and they lit a fire under Me. We have six long bows here and three recurves. It's taken Me months to build up my strength to shoot the heavier bows but I having a great time in the process. glad I kept all of my tackle.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

45c, I can appreciate that. Not sure how I would fare: age, injuries, surgeries. But with those young fellows that would be fun.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The nine year old Jake is the one that really pays attention ,for the others it's just fun. Jake wants to hunt, has His own trail cam setup in the woods and knows just about every deer around here.
Even with your surgery's I bet You could still shoot a bow. may have to start off with something with 25-30# draw weight . but for target shooting it is the flight of the arrow and the chance of improvement that keeps Us hooked. being a pretty serious golfer I know You arn't afraid of a challenge.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I gave my bows away when I moved. I had a lot of fun when my son was growing up, now he's in NZ he intends to do some bow hunting.

27F here.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

When my grandfather was a warden, he took 3rd in the state with a bow one year. He was completely ambidextrous, and could shoot with either hand.
I enjoy shooting a bow, and have done it a little, but just can't invest the time it would deserve. My son shoots a little too.
Here's gramp letting one fly back in the day. Mike, his companion and moose sled puller, is making sure he's doing it right.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I have a bow that Geronimo made me….it has a 200# draw and I can hit a deer at 700 yards away and with gold arrow tips it will go
Right on through a 2 feet solid block of granite.———Joe Biden

Never did fool with a bow. ……..put all of my energy into Winchesters & Colts……and a little into Smiths, Marlins and early Rugers…..

Jay must still be sleeping. I think he’s beginning to realize he’s not 35 anymore……

I got up at 1, after my standard 10 hour nap and me, mom and the dogs went to eats and a cruise around the valley……Brandywine valley where George got beat up from the Limeys……….then to Home Depot……funny thing, I got a cart and put Miss Apple in it and we walked the aisles real slow….flush with cash and a mood to spend some of it…….

Could not find one thing that interested me……….yea, now I know I’m old……bought a 2 and 1/2 gallon container of Simple Green and called it a day.

The Good Lord makes our lifespan about perfect…….by the time you’re in your mid fifties, you usually have everything you want…….if you lived well…….after 55 or so, most of what you buy you don’t need. ……and THAT is why women like old guys…they have the loot…..

I get “winked at” a lot these days but it ain’t me they are after……I’ll stay with dogs.——-006 and minus 2 and 11/32 nds… + 2 and 11/32nds + 1——007
…….
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Long bow…..that was before my time…..look at those telephone poles……

The dog looks like it’s smoking a pipe.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I slept in this morning. I didn't get up till 7! That's like two hours late for me, but I was wiped last night.
It was nice today so I parked my blower out in the sun to melt off. It's rare that it's warm enough for that. Then I went over to the old man's and started shoveling and chiseling out the trailers. Man! That was a job, and for the second day in a row, I was down to a t-shirt in no time. I got em all freed up and out though.
Gonna haul the sled trailer up to the lot tomorrow. I will run the sled in and ride around with that some to get some trails packed. Have some work to do at camp too.
Kristy worked all night last night then went down and babysat our granddaughter all day. She got home at 4:30 and made supper.
She's passed out on the couch now. That was a long day for that girl!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Glad you liked it Jay….remember, I don’t make these things up as these are brought to me by people who make me look like a Saint……lots of individuals here were never exposed to the types we see on a regular basis…….then, if you can believe this, there’s another whole class of people that make me look like a Saint……..

Well, on to good times…..while me and mom were,out this afternoon some piece of garbage drove in our driveway, past the pillars and turned around in our yard…….must have been a little Prius as the tire marks were small…..we’ve had a week of rain and warm temps……

On to real good times……our old microwave?….lots of goodies inside…..a little motor that’s like one revolution per minute, a fan that perfect for casting bullets, the heavy duty wire and plug that works on drills and other equipment that draws amps……people are really stupid for throwing out used stuff as there’s still lots of good stuff in there.

Look at these goodies….a handle for things that need a handle, can half full of sheet metal screws, cord, nice piece of glass for sanding stuff when you need a flat surface, light bulb and a kick butt fan for keeping the moulds cool so they don’t overheat.

Here’s that fan and the motor……can mount the fan on the wall behind the wood stove to blow out the hot air to circulate. It’s near dead quiet. People have too much money today and don’t know how to make use of “useless junk”

Sheet metal for small jobs around the house like fixing a floorboard on an old rusty Jeep…..other junk I’ll just throw on the neighbors yard at nighttime….he’ll just think some motorist did it.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. It ain't how much you got..... it's how little you can get by with.
I've always been impressed with scrounging and repourposed stuff. Real Mad Max stuff.

Cause let's face it..... that's where this country is headed real soon.

Stay cool buddy!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You got dat right Jayster! You and I will be "Kings of the Rednecks". Because your from Maine, you will be a 4 star General, I'll be a Lt. Colonel, and 45 Colt with be Sargent of Arms, in charge of small arms.....we will give him a Jeep to ride around with so he can get our meals, blankets, wash our clothes etc.....if he proves his worth.....as he is a somewhat new member of our elite group.....he will be elevated to be in charge of ammo and artillery....no more than 105's.....

I'll rotate between an Abrams M1A1 and an F-35 and you can have the fleet of Apache's.

Wow! We sure are losing members.......they are all gone......I can sense a traitor so I had to remove them.....

Babies....babies with soft feelings.....oooooooohhhh, my feelings are hurt!!! :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that don't bother me. I been depending on nobody my whole life. Two guys is an army where I'm from.
I started this thread. I'll keep the lights on. :D
Can't believe it's gone this long haha.
Yup. Rednecks and hicks will inherit the earth. The meek are why this country is in the shape its in.

Hicks rule buddy.
I'm hitting the hay. Gotta make a trip into camp tomorrow. I'll keep you posted bro!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Have a good time….supposed to be high fifties and rain here……..I’m supposed to go on vacation with 45colt and his wife……I’m bringing my dog……
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

And here's me thinking I'm the only one who strips burnt out electrical stuff... :P I not only find out how they work but have spares and loads of other stuff for projects.

That's a cool family photograph Jay......you are correct about taking a lot of time to gather the skill required, I haven't played with bows since my boy grew up and left home.

I still haven't heard from the police about my firearms license, they are supposed to change my license because I have moved to a different county and until they do I can't buy or sell anything.

Looks like we had rain over night so at least it's a bit warmer. Enjoy your vacation Six I'm sure old 45colt will make sure you have a really good time ... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy.
Sorry to hear about the police dragging their feet. Hang in there buddy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That burns me…..on the aggravation GK has to put up with……and we all know the consequences……they will bankrupt GK……

I think those issues are coming to Pa……our House was flipped yesterday to the Dems and with that and two dem. senators, I expect trouble on the horizon…..the only good thing is we have dem. congressman from hillbilly areas…dunno…..dunno………..

Yes, I strip every old appliance….if there’s anything worth stripping……like old dryers……I’ll buy the same brand (Maytag) and strip out the motor, timer, belt, thermostats, and the heating element. its like having my own little “parts store” and saves me aggravation……believe our dryer is 20 years old…..the Maytag wringers are 52, 55, and 60 years old…….

When I had my old ‘79 Ford 4x4 pick up, those old Fords would nickel and dime you to death so one time a buddy had a truck in his barn he wanted to get rid of…..body was rusted out so I gave him $400 for it and had it towed here. I took so much of that truck off it was a near shell when I junked it…..sold the trans for $400…one of those old steel cased ones…..
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey guys, since I'm not shooting Squirrels anymore I'm spending way too much time on YouTube watching German made WW2 short movies, now I'm no expert on WW2 weapons and uniforms and although some movies are very well made a lot are so full of mistakes it's fun counting just how many, I know economics and European gun laws don't help these low budget movies but seeing .30 cal Browning's run out of ammo only to be replenished with cans of 7.62 NATO is amusing but the mistakes are so numerous they almost make Hollywood look good. If you care to watch a couple you'll see what I mean.

Aggravation :!: Yes I guess I'm used to it but it has got worse and I cringe every time I see a new restriction come up in the USA, what happened here was we went from practically no gun laws around the time of the First World War to one of the most restricted countries in the world. Little by little the anti gun brigade keep nibbling away at your rights untill you're left with nothing.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have a buddy that had a really successful engine rebuild shop. He sold it several years ago and kind of retired. Of course, being a clever fella, it wasn't any time before he figured out another way to make the bucks.
He gets cheap or free dead appliances, fixes them, and resells them. There is a huge market for this stuff. And let's face it, there are broken washing machines, dryers, and everything else all over everyone's front lawns up here.

I've seen some of those videos GK! Kinda fun to watch.

Well, we spent the day at camp. Cruised in easy with the sled and hauled everything we needed in the Jet sled. I split up some wood and stacked it inside. I repurposed a shelf I'd made for the wife years ago for a spice rack. I hung up a matchbox holder that we had in the old camp. I'd made it in Jr. High shop class. Rode around on the sled and checked out the area.
Last edited by OldWin on Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Where does pops ride? do you double up or one of you in the sled?…….how far in is the cabin?

OK, you need a couple of small touches on the cabin…….some deer antlers and a name above the door….
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The sled is an old Grand Touring. It's a two-up sled with plenty of room. The rear hand holds are heated too.

It's probably a half a mile or a little more. The camp is down on the gravel pit road. It's most of a mile down to the stream. If you go straight by the road the camp is on.

Oh, we got a LOT to do. Still have to trim out the windows inside. I'm trying not to go too much too fast until I see what will really be needed or wanted. We have a bunch to do outside too. Have to put in a shooting range, dig and build an outhouse, build a woodshed. Lots to do.
We still haven't decided if we will make another set of bunks, or bring up a couple chairs.
Best part is, the old man is really tickled with the whole thing and is having a blast. That's mostly why I did it. Should have thought of it sooner.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ahhhh keep it simple…….if you get guests they can sleep on a cot…..or outside…….or like me, don’t invite em….

You’re never really done…..wood shed? You ain’t living in it ….couple of wheelbarrow loads out back with a tarp……you can borrow my “Worlds Finest Wheelbarrow” if you like. Maybe not, if someone sees it they will think there’s a million dollars in the cabin….

Only thing I accomplished today was getting dressed…..come on long days!

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have wood under a tarp now. Problem is, in the winter it is covered with frost from being under the tarp and the tarp gets snowed on and frozen in. It's not a solution.
A shed allows the wood to be covered, but also get air and dry. We can have dry wood to burn, and wood to be drying for the following year.

Yeah. We are debating whether to just keep a couple cots up overhead in conjunction with the bunks / sofa we have. Or we may build another one just like the first. Not sure yet.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay knows best!!!!!!!……yea, no biggie anyway…….couple of 4x4’s in the ground with a few sheets of plywood…..and of course, faced away from the wind…..or you could just get a few cinder blocks and put an old wheelbarrow on top with a rock to hold it on…..redneck style.

Now, say something and you will win page 180………

I advertised a Yardistry outdoor pavilion on moms Facebook Marketplace and in 20 minutes a guy from Virginia called and is coming up tomorrow to buy it…..yea, I had to give him a screaming deal to do it, but I want it out of my barn…..still have one left….

Go ahead, talk…write, whatever…..you will win my place on 45 Colts vacation as I don’t want to go……he said the dog is fine but he don’t wanna smell me….——006
Model A Uzi’s