News that I heard about Marlin ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

News that I heard about Marlin ...

Post by JimT »

Ruger says Marlin’s new Model 336 .30-30 will be available in the Spring of 2023 and is expected to be under $1,000.
And Ruger announced the 1894 in .44 Magnum.

I have this from folks I trust. I DO NOT have it direct from Ruger. So this is classified as "hearsay" ...
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Re: News that I heard about Marlin ...

Post by RIDERED350r »

Under $1000 dealer cost or MSRP? If that's the MSRP it will be interesting! That would be some stiff competition for Henry whose prices have been inching up over the last few years.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

I saw this video a week or two ago. The rifles look pretty nice!!

https://youtu.be/fYqcPMtWjxs
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

any hearsay on the twist rate of the 1894? thanks
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:27 am any hearsay on the twist rate of the 1894? thanks
No sir. All I got was what I posted.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hmmm. What other work besides running a .44 WCF reamer into that 1894's throat ... 8)
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

One of the Ruger/Marlin reps mentioned in a video report from SHOT SHOW that the 1894 "Marlin Jam" has supposedly now been fixed with their new hardened cartridge lifter which they contend was the root of the dreaded problem. I sure hope they're right about that if that's what it is. The only question I'd love to ask is: "Why was that not thought of by the factory engineers over the course of 40-50 years of 1894 production before it closed in Connecticut?"
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

kaschi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:36 pm One of the Ruger/Marlin reps mentioned in a video report from SHOT SHOW that the 1894 "Marlin Jam" has supposedly now been fixed with their new hardened cartridge lifter which they contend was the root of the dreaded problem. I sure hope they're right about that if that's what it is. The only question I'd love to ask is: "Why was that not thought of by the factory engineers over the course of 40-50 years of 1894 production before it closed in Connecticut?"
The lifter was not the only problem and sometimes was not the problem. Look at the trigger guard plate from a JM Marlin 1894 that was jamming horribly.
IMG_4637.JPG
IMG_4635.JPG
See where the carrier was hammering into the plate? The carrier was hard enough. The plate wasn't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.