Opinions on Chiappa 92 Winchester clones

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Opinions on Chiappa 92 Winchester clones

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I haven’t seen one of these in person but I would appreciate it if anyone has one would let me know what you think?
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Opinions on Chiappa 92 Winchester clones

Post by Pat C »

I havnt either but visually they are closet to Winchester than any other repro including the Miroku Winchesters.
Pricey though ,getting real close to shooter grade original Winchester prices.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I have a takedown Alaskan. Out of the box, the action was smooth, the trigger was light and crisp, and the metal work was flawless. The action literally needs nothing done to it. The takedown is like a bank vault door and you have to have it in a good light to even see the junction between the action and the barrel. This is the only one I have ever handled so I have no idea if they are all this good or whether I just got real lucky and got a Wednesday gun assembled by a worker that had pride in his job. I have a lot of Italian guns and I think they are like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

I find my 20" barrel 44 mag Alaskan pretty good.

This is 180gr Peregrine Hog (Non- lead) over 19.2gr of N105 at 50yds. ~0.9" c-c group so pretty acceptable for a .44 cal lever action

Other end of the spectrum: 255 gr SWC gas check in a 44 special case over 15.7gr of 2400

Pretty happy with that as shot with a 2.5x28 scout scope and a take down. Seems very workable accuracy for the platform to me.

Scrummy
Last edited by Scrumbag on Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Very good!
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

Updated post for correct picture.

Scrummy