Just had lunch deer meat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Just had lunch deer meat

Post by 308magtip »

Neighbor gave me a 1 lb block of venison scrapple. First I ever had it after all the years and deer we shot here in Pa. Always made steaks roasts chops and burger. This made by a butcher shop in New Holland , Pa.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Re: Just had lunch deer meat

Post by 4t5 »

So, how was it? I looked up scrapple , and it sounded pretty good.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Very good. Not full of cornmeal and pig fat like most. You could tell the texture of the meat was course sort of on the stringy side yet very tender. Maybe for me a little to salty or just not used to that shop's makings. Was not loaded with black pepper. I had some several years ago from another maker and must of gotten old bred out pigs cause the dogs would not eat it. Given antlope meat where they fed on a lot of sage and even my cat turned away from it.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Never heard of venison scrapple here in WI, sounds interesting..
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

My inlaws are custom butchers processing a thousand deer a year and they have jerky, sticks of some sort, sausage but the scrapple is a new one on me...I'll pass it on to them.

New Holland.......lots of neat places up there.....spent the better part of my adult Mondays...(when I was off)....attending the livestock and horse auctions. While my wife was buying horses, I would walk around all of the junk flea markets held outside....one time I came home with around a hundred pounds of 50-50 bar solder for $25...right after I paid the guy this other guy (customer) comes up and says he was coming over to buy it himself and wanted me to sell him half of it....I laughed in his face telling him I hate liars and told him to f.o.

"Daniels" on the far end of New Holland would carry any animal medicine that was known to mankind......and the old type hardware stores with washboards etc.....neat place......

Deer scrapple......I love scrapple....gonna look into that one...thanks.----006
Model A Uzi’s
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Figured I'd hear from you. The butcher that made the scrapple is Martin's Custom Butchering
405 Reidenbach Rd
New Holland , Pa
PH 717-355-9601
Come in Rt 23 from Blue Ball to where Kauffaman's hardware store and turn right on railRoad ave and at the edge of town turn right and at Nolt's pond turn left. they are down that road. My # 717-335-1214 at home. Nursing a bum old age knee so I don't get out in this louzy weather.