Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

This time difference makes all my posts out of sync :(
While you ladies are putting the industrial world in its place I want to talk about Anderson Shelters.
Growing up after the war I can only just remember our Anderson Shelter when my dad took it down and returned the garden back to its original state. My sister apparently refused to go in it and said if she was going to be bombed she would rather be bombed in comfort. I have often wondered about how effective the Anderson Shelter would be, to me it seems like camping out in the back yard on the assumption that bombs are going to hit your house but not your garden.... :?
For houses with no back yard the government provided the Morrison Shelter which was just a reinforced table/cage that two adults and one child could sleep under while Adolf rained bombs down on your locality. Both my mom and my sister were at different times shot at by the Luftwaffe, being born in 48 I missed all the fun..... :(

BTW I was once a shop steward in the Transport and General Workers Union and have witnessed many of the things you guys have, glad to be retired...
ww2_morrison_shelter.jpg
Morrison Shelter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Your sister had more sack than most dudes in today's world. That's what I always liked about the Brits. Good show!

Hey! I'd say the British government went all out. When I grew up, we got told to "Duck and Cover" in the event we got nuked by the Russians.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

A win for GK!

Well I'm up from my Monday power nap. Swillin some coffee then it's off to do battle. They really blew it on this one. They said maybe 3-5 inches. We have about 8-10 inches on the ground now and it's supposed to keep going till 7pm tonight. Then Wednesday they are SAYING we are gonna get a foot. Hope they don't mess that up the same way. :shock:
Overall we are way behind in snowfall this year. Maybe a month behind. Same with ice on the lakes. We haven't had a lot of cold either. Coldest I've had at the house was the other morning at 6 below. We sometimes tickle that number around hunting season on a normal year.
Think I may be done getting the Gladiator into camp. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow, been some time since I last won a page.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks GK for that wonderful second hand experience...(near first hand)....yea....the TV showed where people with an IQ above 80 would pile lots of dirt and sandbags on top of their Anderson shelters.....they were already half buried.......had I been there at the time I would have put mine entirely in the ground......if I had access to the basement I'd dig a tunnel and stay in the basement cubby hole......

Well...Jayster is sleeping...GK is being GK and the .45 L. Colt dude is cutting meat......Did you know that high end bosses get a bonus every year depending on how much money they save? -----Z-A

GK WINS!!!! and just for today and the great chap GK is.......drum roll.......I AWARD HIM AN ANDERSON SHELTER!!!!!!

Well done GK!!! Second place prize is the Morrison shelter.....whew! I'd be afraid in that one.....were people always that stupid?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sleeping? Oh no! I been up since 10:30. I'm on MY time now, so on Monday morning it's just a power nap, then up and at em!

Just got inside from busting everything out. Will have to go back out later and get it again. I have to get it all cleaned up nice before we get another foot on Wednesday. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Got the new Rifleman mag today..... You flipping Nut jobs...WHAT DO You KNOW...... :shock: :lol: :lol: . All the while We have been living in our own little world, mighty S & W has been working on a new revolver "the model 350 X- Frame". based on the 350 Legend it's got a 7 round moon clip , :shock: . this may be the sleeper of the collecting world as I bet that S&W will chamber the 360 Buck hammer next. Or as Oldwin Called it the 360 Creedmore........ :lol: :lol: :lol: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes sir, 45!

If they'd of just called it 360 Creedmoor, it could have been the best cartridge EVER. Shoot over hills, around corners, through a 3ft oak, then through 12 deer and drop them all instantly. It would also field dress them and package the meat.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well.....what I do know from experience.....yea, I fix stuff, know things and do things.....do you MR Erie? :D .....is that a 180 out of a Ruger Maximum will knock over the 80 pound rams at 200 meters....easily......my records show a 180 Hornady chronographs 1425. I'm sure it will go hotter with slower powders or what the factories use. I stopped with 4227 when the groups started looking like rifle groups.....

Yea.....I fix stuff and I know things.

Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

As always Six I applaud You. I Love looking at gun shows here or on the internet. I see mostly Dead Men's Guns. You and Shrapnel have more Good stuff than anybody within 100 miles of here. I don't envy people who have nice stuff, Good For them. It's all fun to look at, I wish it could talk . I have more than I can ever shoot or use up in My lifetime. while You were going to Shows or matches all those years and buying up All investment guns I was working six days trying to stay under the radar and survive. when the Grocery stores opened on Sundays in '81 My job went from O.K. to a miserable living hell . Now I work one day a week more for revenge as much as anything else, the same people who stuck it to Me see Me and I smile and say "See Ya next week". :lol: .
Mainly I survive ,shoot a little when I can, keep the stove's going and try to take care of things around here.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Whoo!
Just got back from camp. Still got the truck in. I couldn't believe it. When I started in I had it in 4hi with the rear locker on and it went easier than it did the last time. I couldn't believe it. It was dragging its guts too.
We got a fire going and boiled up. Had a coffee while we planned some projects for the camp and the dooryard. We hung around till the snow slid off the roof.
I figured when we went out I'd pack the yard and make a few trips in and out to get it packed. I got the dooryard packed pretty good but when I went to go back out the road it was evident the conditions had changed. It warmed up just enough so the snow on the sides of the ruts wouldn't hold the tires in. No biggie, except that the packed tracks were built up higher than the rest of the snow, so when you slipped off the front wheels would climb back in but the rears wouldn't and it would keep crabbing down the road. Once I got out, I knew a smart person would thank their lucky stars and go home, so you boys know what I did. I turned around and made 3 more trips in and out. I figure it will actually help once it freezes. If I ran it in 4lo with both lockers and let it idle it would crawl right along and not spin a wheel. I'm more impressed with this rig all the time.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's all just "stuff" 45 Colt......but the difference between my stuff and Sharapnels stuff is he paid what they were worth.....where's the glory?...anybody with money can buy anything ever made.....no challenges.....ask Mike Tyson.......just try "finding" the stuff and then paying .30 on the dollar ....then you did something.....

Now, onto da Jayster. ......how come you didn't use "ole Blue" to break track...you have a winch on that one don't you?.....or maybe I missed something and you put the winch on the Gladiator........how far in is the cabin?.....can me and 45 come next time, I can ride in the back and 45 Colt can walk ahead of us to break track......he can wear lead snowshoes..

Sound like a plan?---006
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Wow!! I have lead snowshoes here but the EPA won't let us use them anymore.....I'll keep them just in case I need to drop some one off deep in the lake. :shock:
It just occurred to Me that if Me an Oldwin was to raid some colt collectors house in His Buffalo Coat We could weld all those old things gathering dust in to some "light weight snow shoes"....... I'll walk up and down the trail all day ,Oldwin can take a bunch of pic's . next thing Ya know We is on pawn stars ,Sam Colt made these Tracks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Sound like a Plan.?........................... 451 & 9/16ths.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Come on man! You know I put my Jeep up in the winter. Thats why I bought the Gladiator Rubicon. So I had a rig in the winter that wasn't useless. Yeah, it needs a winch the way I use it. Considering a receiver setup. Where it's a daily there is no need to have it on all the time. Especially in the salt and crud in the winter.
Most people see the Gladiator as overpriced when compared to a full size half ton pickup. And if all you do is drive on the road and maybe pull a camper, I guess it may be. They way I use a truck, its more than worth it. What I've been doing this winter, none if those trucks would stand a chance if making it in there, and would probably sustain damage if they tried.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea.....well,....well......I didn't know you actually take them off the road in the winter....doesn't it make sense to use the old stuff in the winter?......I saw a full camo Gladiator the other day.......

For breaking trail

45.....in my line of business we don't use lead shoes...we use "cement shoes"....a lot cheaper......that is funny, watching TV about these mobsters and the wiretaps the Feds use on them......"yea, Tony, we have work to do tonight. We have to give Vito a new pair of cement shoes"..........The really funny thing about is they talk about murdering people like we say, "Got to go to the store and get some Skoal." :D

We had some wicked winds last night that I didn't notice until I took Miss Apple out for a walk....snapped the flagpole right in half.

Supposed to get a mega storm of rain tomorrow......30-40 miles north is snow and changing to rain. ...I hate the winter
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nope. Not stuff that can't be replaced. Mint, no rust TJs are worth big money now.
You run the new stuff in the winter. Its junk and won't last like the old stuff. It's full of electronics, and when it starts having problems you pretty much have to just throw em away.

My Jeep is in the back of the garage the first time they salt the roads. All cleaned up and on jackstands. I start it every few weeks, pull it in 4wd, and let everything spin for about 5 miles in 3rd gear until everything is all warmed up.
If I'd run it winters since 2003, it would have been gone years ago.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"yea, Tony, we have work to do tonight. We have to give Vito a new pair of cement shoes".......... Ha,Ha,Ha, We use lead to keep the body down before it can go over the falls......by ,by Tony.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Vito #45! Yo! You out there Vito 45! Hey, Giovanni and Antonio are looking for you...said to meet them at the back of the meat room where you work.....they have some cutting and grinding to do.....

Jay...for real? Your educating me....are you saying the TJ's will hold up longer than the JL's or JK's....My TJ is a bare bones Rubi with roll up windows and I always did plan on keeping it till the end......maybe that's why a half dozen people want it......

Yours looks really good considering the true off roading you've done with it....mine does too but it's never been off roading unless you consider dirt roads off roading which it's not...
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. You got it. TJs are the last "real Jeeps". An actual step down tub, no BS electronics, and the same wheelbase dimensions as a CJ7. Yes, that's why dudes in the know are trying to buy it.
I wheel mine, but I take extremely good care of it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey...who does this remind you of?

Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Now now, be nice.....it's more important than the truth........
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It looks like Adam Schiff...a.k.a. "Pencil neck"...look at the warts. Schiff has a big one on his nose.....

I don't like touching toads...don't know why....I do all the time but I don't like it....we have them all over the place and I leave em be as they are insect eaters big time......wonder what kind of insects this thing eats, probably small dogs......they are cold and clammy.......the one pictured is the biggest road in the world.....some kind of a cane toad.....

I have piles of brush out back in the pasture that I won't burn because it's loaded with toads...
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, nobody ever said be nice. The General Forum rule as per Paco was be polite. You can be politely mean. Watch politics, it is an art form. ;-) . Now further stipulated in this forum in no cursing or advocating violence against anyone. I guess you can kick your tractor if you want.

A critical examination of the grammar used may allow for other options.

Depends on how the new sheriff in town interprets things I suppose.

Truth can be nice, mean or in between.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I just saw one of those suckers at wall mart driving one of them electric scooters around... :shock: ...Great weather here on the north coast today!!!! five inches of snow this morning then it warmed up to 33* and rain. roads are slushy, icy, greasy, slop. big s curve with a hill about five mi from the house ,has a waist high guardrail along both sides of it. I'm driving along bout 30 miles an hour coming down into the bottom and there is a pickup completely on the other side of the guardrail in the woods. how fast He was going to get over that is a mystery to Me but I bet it was a Hell of a ride. :lol: .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote OS
Truth can be nice, mean or in between.

I never said anyone wasn't telling the truth........

Six, I'm with you I don't like handling Toads and I see the lady handler is wearing rubber gloves.

.45 we had freezing fog today to go with the black ice and still people drive as if it's a summer day.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, i prepped a bunch of 44 brass this morning. Cleaned up the gunroom a little, then went out and straightened up some stuff in the garage.
Then, I figured I'd run the sled a little, but I had quite a time getting the trailer opened up and tilted back. Lot of snow on it and it was frozen in. Then I had quite a time getting the sled started. I guess it hadn't been started since hunting season. And, we had a ton of Seafoam in the fuel. That may have been some of it. I ran it around awhile and it ran well. Good thing, we may need it to get into camp after this next snowstorm.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, I recognize your reference and your tongue in cheek sarcasm ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...well...I see Jay and Pops went ice fishing! Mom likes the ice shack and I told her that's where all the action is......beer, food, table dancers,.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no that was a picture from a couple years ago.
We didn't even put the shack out this year. Ice was late coming this year. We have a pop up shack we use if we want to travel around and fish somewhere different than where our shack is. If we go this year, we will use that.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh! Now I know why I don't do Facebook.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha hey don't feel bad buddy. I can barely get by.
After all.....I'm sitting downstairs watching Gunsmoke haha.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm watching "Weather Gone Wild"....and looking at all the stupid people who think they can outrun a tornado.....
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You may not believe me but yesterday due to boredom I watched a Western that first appeared in 1923 it was a silent movie but I laughed all the way through it, especially the little boy chewing tobacco. It would cost millions to make a movie like this nowadays anyway it's called "The Covered Wagon" it's been colourised not that you would really notice.... :lol: I found it on YouTube and can highly recommend it if you you have a strange sense of humor.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The pre war westerns are the best .......when they had a handgun, it was a COLT.......

Well, the rain is over but it's very windy outside.........think I'll spend the day fondling Winchesters & Colts......
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes what a day! I jumped up at 5:00 and ran out to crank up the snowblower. Ran that puppy steady till after 8. I was wiped. Did my place and everything at my folks place. Man, I was soaked right down to my skivvies.
The wind is up here now too.

Stopped over this afternoon to see if they needed anything and to mooch a coffee. Wound up putting a rubber mat under the sink. Had to cut around all the pipes. The drain was big enough I could cut it out. The feeds were only half inch and too small to cut. I stewed a minute on it. What's the best way to cut that......?
Hey! I ran down cellar and got a 1943 headstamped .50BMG casing. Worked slick. A 50 cal. cookie cutter!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster,
Geeze......you had the whole world cleaned up and organized by the time I got outta bed. Well done son!!! I decided to adopt you as my son so it'll be less taxes you have to pay when you come to pick up all of the old Colts after I kick the bucket...well, the ones that are left.

Yes son, empty cases make excellent punches. a buddy of mine when I was working was an engine builder of race cars......man! He had a '65 chevy that he whittled down to about 2K pounds with a big block 454 that was bored and stroked......just for racing....unstreetable with the 18" slicks....oh! My buddy.....well, as he did a lot of custom parts etc. he had to make custom gaskets that had no holes. I used to give him .223's, 30-06's, and 45-70's cut down a bit to where the brass was thicker and then I sharpened them with a deburring tool.

As you know, as a redneck hillbilly junk man (not guns) I keep lots of odds and ends laying around......copper, steel, and thick PVC sharpened up make nice hole cutters..... Thick 1/2" copper will punch out a nice hole on plywood.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know...I have not been paying close attention to SAA prices for some time......I just got on Guns International on 3rd gen Colts. CRAZY prices....3G's for a run-of-the-mill gun. Hank Williams pair of 38-40's ....nothing special..I think they were 5.5's. $20,000. Hank is a cool dude but he's not God like me and you are....20K...

He's either broke or dead....strange he is selling his stuff.
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Oh Boy Hank is putting out a line looking to catch Big Fish with DEEP Pockets......He knows WHO in Eastern PA has a meteorite worth billions to sell. He's fishing for tuna but wants a Whale..........Who could that Be...... :shock: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. Colts are nuts buddy.
I got a chuckle this afternoon and thought of you. I get this text from a guy at work. Now, I know who he is, but that's about it. He must have got my number from someone and texts me cause he is looking for a peep sight for an Winchester model 47 (I assume an 80A), but he didn't bother to research what he needed. I guess he figured I could do that for him too.
The funny thing is, if I had one or found one, he would give my number to 200 people so I could do the same thing for them.
I texted back and said he'd have a tough time finding one of those, and then will pay dearly. Geez....if I hear anything, I'll let you know.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...typical idiot who is representative of most people....he texts you, don't even know you, and then EXPECTS you to do the research and find something for him.......screw him and the horse he rode in on......

This guy asks me if he can fix his shotgun, some junk Stevens pump.....I look at it, take the gun apart, see what's wrong and then hunt down the part from Numrich, pay for the part...blah..blah......a month later I call him up and I explain it all...the part was something like $17 so he comes over and hands me $17.

As for that squawk box two posts above, do that guy a favor and tell him my pockets are shallower than that thing he has that he calls a brain. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha!
Well.......Ole 45 is definitely in the club now. He is officially getting "hacked on". That's when you know. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Look here Jay...if smarts was "short distance", 45 Colt would be 10 galaxies past us.....here's another...if smarts was being even with the ground in Pa., that 45 Colt would be through the earth and sitting in China....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha merciless! Ole Six is on a roll. Hackin on Ole 45 like he just stuffed all your Colts in a Buffalo coat! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

If good looks was a Colt 45, 45 Colt would be a first generation Rossi. :D

Ok, enough hackin.......what's new?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh wow! That's REALLY bad bro. Rossi bad. :D

Watching old black and white Gunsmokes again. Like watching these old shows. Back when we had a country. Now its turned to dog excrement.
Back to work again tomorrow night. Sucks.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don't like the black and white versions......it's hard for me to see and differentiate the images......Old eyes.....

On your statement about when this country was America.....I believe it was no different and was hidden better......those Kennedys were slime bags, everyone of them....

Looks like that 45 Colt guy took off.....couldn't handle playing with the big dogs.....where do you think he is? Galaxy 149BX?--- :D
.........or China?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That is true about the Kennedys. Although, what we got now is worse.

Galaxy 149BX?

That near Galaxy 69BJ? :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

yea.....it's just north of that, behind Maine galaxy 8 B 4 7. :D

Hey.....Ive been looking at some of the guns that Hank Williams Jr sold......as quoted earlier.....type in "Hank Williams guns for sale" and look at some of those....Rock Island Auction......there's a very nice 1886 with about 90% case colors.....I read where his daughter was killed in a car wreck and his wife died 2 years before that......poor guy..has to go through that and being beat up/cancelled by the liberals at the same time......Fox News screwed him up when that Gretchen woman said Hank compared Obama to Hitler which he didn't....he made an analogy, not a comparison.

Go have fun tonight bro....be marginal, be on time, bring your lunch, say yes but don't mean it.....and whatever you do, don't let your hot dog stand.----006

Look what I picked up tonight.....Colt Single Action Army Serial # 1.....yes, number ONE!!!

Yes, swear to the Almighty, I picked it up......didn't say how....I picked up the magazine.

Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Sorry Six ,ate a big roast beef dinner and took a nap, snowing here again and things just ain't as exciting as those who live close to Philly.......bring it on ,pile it on, nothing new to Me . been tied to the whippin post many times, all but a very few are dead .but I'm watching and waiting....My poor wonderful ROSSI's. :lol: .

One guy at work hated me with a passion, He was a single bachelor had all the money in the world and was miserable. always riding me telling me I was too old, pathetic and should quit , or transfer to a different store. anything to get My goat. went on for several years. I started telling others I was going to leave, before long He took the bait and said when You leaving? I had my best sorry look and told Him "I was going to transfer but I like it here and I like You Joe". the next week He was gone......
Last edited by .45colt on Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang...how big was that roast beef?...naaaa, I don't b.b. with buddies......and we are buddies! We is union buddies and as union buddies we both know who got away with sleeping on the job, coming in late, or not at all. They all had a thousand issues in their lives and had every excuse in the world for their bad or worthless behavior......and WE had to pick up their slack.....you know.

Well, Jays cruising on down the road in 2 degree weather and I'm sweating....put too much locust in the wood stove.....

Now it's my turn for a nap.....

Tomorrow is another day full of fun and games!!!----00MrR man
Model A Uzi’s