Winchester Model 1892 Limited Series Trapper

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Cyrus
Levergunner

Winchester Model 1892 Limited Series Trapper

Post by Cyrus »

Hello. Been a LONG time. I am about to take delivery of a beautiful little Winchester 1892 Trapper in .45 Colt. Info is thin online, and I’m looking for whatever info you can provide. My OLD (2005) Blue Book indicates I’m looking at:

Davidsons Winchester Model1892 Limited Series Trapper (released 2004)
16” round barrel
Steel Barrel bands fore and aft
Saddle Ring
Shotgun Butt
NO tang safety
Rebounding hammer
Might be unfired

Looking for value and any info anyone might have. I’ll
Have it tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks!
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester Model 1892 Limited Series Trapper

Post by RIDERED350r »

I am looking at my 2022 Blue Book right now. Not able to find a listing for your exact specs. Closest I can find in that era of production is the 1892 Trapper. But that has a tang safety and made 2011-2012. That model rates at $1100 in 100% condition...but I don't think that helps you much as you have something a bit different there. I wonder if Davidsons deleted the tang safety and converted it to the original half cock safety?

My book does have a listing for Davidsons, but no model listings and refers you to the Blue Book online overflow source.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Winchester values are really highright now. Check completed Gunbroker auctions
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Shiloh1944
Levergunner

Post by Shiloh1944 »

My Blue Book is showing Davidson's has a limited series 1892 Trapper that was issued in 2004 and showing the value of $1075, but with the way the current prices are who knows.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The Blue Book is great but you have to know how to read between the lines...I have around 20 of them here..........trends can change overnight, different areas of the country command different prices, time of the year changes prices, hard to get guns most always don't have the proper prices written like when they say, "a 50-110" will bring a 20% premium when in reality it brings a 100% premium.

Most people don't understand the price can double between a 95% gun and a 98% er...same as in coin collecting.

With your gun it's pretty much clear cut.....follow the online prices and take 20% off of that.---006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:18 pm The Blue Book is great but you have to know how to read between the lines...I have around 20 of them here..........trends can change overnight, different areas of the country command different prices, time of the year changes prices, hard to get guns most always don't have the proper prices written like when they say, "a 50-110" will bring a 20% premium when in reality it brings a 100% premium.

Most people don't understand the price can double between a 95% gun and a 98% er...same as in coin collecting.

With your gun it's pretty much clear cut.....follow the online prices and take 20% off of that.---006
Well stated. I like to have the book as a reference but even when they state that they look at current high demand on the market and even political pressure on the market, I still see things listed for significantly less than what people are paying for things...and not just one or two people, prices I see reached with regularity.