Apparently wonders do cease!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Apparently wonders do cease!!

Post by wvfarrier »

A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Re: Apparently wonders do cease!!

Post by 1894cfan »

It's about time! Sheesh! :roll:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

1894cfan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:58 pm It's about time! Sheesh! :roll:
Plus one..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

FINALLY!!!

NOW LET'S SEE IF THEY CAN GET THE CONVICTION THAT HE SO RICHLY DESERVES.

-STRETCH
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

stretch wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:58 pm FINALLY!!!

-STRETCH
Bingo. And if so, what it really amounts to.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

OldWin wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:06 pm
stretch wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:58 pm FINALLY!!!

-STRETCH
Bingo. And if so, what it really amounts to.
Likely, as happens all too often these days, just a slap on the wrist! :twisted:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

After that interview he gave after the shooting I couldn't believe the cr## He said, what a demented sick idiot.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Near as I can tell, most miscreants serve about 5% of the possible sentence if they're convicted these days.
(There is simply no room at the various inns any more....)

I truly hope that the judge gives Mr. Baldwin a felony conviction and some jail time in "D" block.

-Tom
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

The attorney general added a firearm enhancement charge which carries a mandatory five year prison term. I cannot imagine that'll fly because NM wants the revenue from the movie industry. But who knows.....? Back to the money.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Nothing will come of this, he will skate. Trust me. :roll:
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I was hoping he'd be convicted and the day before he had check in at the prison he flew out of the country to a carribean island with no extradition. He threatens to leave the country every other election cycle anyway so it works for everyone :mrgreen: I'd sure take his permanent absence from the country as a WIN.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

The interesting wrinkle in this is the armorer was also charged with the same exact crimes I believe. So it might not be so easy for AB to skate on this. It would obviously be preferential treatment if the armorer was given one sentence if they were both convicted and AB a lighter one. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

While he is a first class A.H., he is not a criminal and the courts know this. It's going to cost him a bundle, both by the courts and civilly......but none of those things affect any of us so why care what happens? ...but what DOES affect us, is we don't have to look at him anymore. He's done so let him live out what miserable life he has left in the solitude he created.....

What burnt me up more than any of it was what Alec's wife said, "we have to take the proper steps in Alec's mental recovery because I don't want him to experience PTSD." ......with no thoughts as to the girl he gross negligently killed or the many lives it affected......THAT sums up the majority of how Hollywood "celebrities" think of us "little people" and stupid Americans continue to pay big money and watch their worthless movies then swoooooonnnn on them........what a joke...

Make fun of Trump will ya on your SNL acts? Karma ------006
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Someone should just Photoshop a video making it look like he walked around the Capitol building 2 years ago. Then they'd put him in solitary confinement.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Another Hollywood elite liberal antigun making money while using things they don't believe you and I should have.
He is liable!
Would YOU take a gun from someone and NOT check it?! GUILTY and let him swing from a cottonwood tree!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I find it sketchy that they charged the Armorer since she was not even on location the day this happened.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I haven't much use for the man, but I think it was truly a tragedy for everyone involved in the chain of causation.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm SURE he'd be the first one to demand that parents be jailed if their kid got hold of a household firearm and injured or killed someone, despite that being an ACCIDENT that is a tragedy and jail only makes the family situation worse.

But his defense will no doubt be that it was an accident, and a tragedy, and that jail would only make the situation worse.

He should be in jail because it wasn't just an ordinary family situation and accident - it was a commercial entertainment venue, where a loaded firearm is SPECIFICALLY prohibited, and he was not only prohibited from having one there, but he was also the one IN CHARGE of enforcing that rule.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

For more that 100 years Hollywood has been filming movies of all kinds with firearms . nothing new. IF this were to go to trial the prosecution may display these rules from the Screen Actors Guild website. AB was negligent plain and simple . https://www.actorsequity.org/resources/ ... -firearms/
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

If I remember right, Hutchin's next project was supposed to be about Hollywood pedophiles! What better way to set her up for a killing than a WESTERN movie set??????????
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

What will really screw up the prosecution is that David Halls gave the gun to Hannah Gutierrez-Reed who gave it to AB and Halls was only charged with a petty misdemeanor and a few months probation.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:08 pm While he is a first class A.H., he is not a criminal and the courts know this. It's going to cost him a bundle, both by the courts and civilly......but none of those things affect any of us so why care what happens? ...but what DOES affect us, is we don't have to look at him anymore. He's done so let him live out what miserable life he has left in the solitude he created.....

What burnt me up more than any of it was what Alec's wife said, "we have to take the proper steps in Alec's mental recovery because I don't want him to experience PTSD." ......with no thoughts as to the girl he gross negligently killed or the many lives it affected......THAT sums up the majority of how Hollywood "celebrities" think of us "little people" and stupid Americans continue to pay big money and watch their worthless movies then swoooooonnnn on them........what a joke...

Make fun of Trump will ya on your SNL acts? Karma ------006
+1 - all points
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:42 pm +1 - all points
Did you see what his pig of a wife was wearing today....a shirt with the word, "EMPATHY" across the front......what a joke, like we are supposed to have empathy for a careless, pig headed, entitled and grossly negligent piece of garbage that he is while the young girl is dead and her family is devastated.......but ya know, those things don't matter as Alec's well being is sooooo much more important.

It really shows you how much they think they are above us.
Model A Uzi’s
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:52 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:42 pm +1 - all points
Did you see what his pig of a wife was wearing today....a shirt with the word, "EMPATHY" across the front......what a joke, like we are supposed to have empathy for a careless, pig headed, entitled and grossly negligent piece of garbage that he is while the young girl is dead and her family is devastated.......but ya know, those things don't matter as Alec's well being is sooooo much more important.

It really shows you how much they think they are above us.
So where is the empathy for the girl that died?!? For leftists it is always about them, and only them. Baldwin is a egotistical talentless thing.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1894cfan wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:27 pm If I remember right, Hutchin's next project was supposed to be about Hollywood pedophiles! What better way to set her up for a killing than a WESTERN movie set??????????
Wow that's creepy...

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

There are actually non gun people who are saddened by him being charged, and think it wasn't his fault! My cousin's wife told me she thought he shouldn't be charged as it "wasn't his fault that somebody handed him a loaded gun".
I told her it was his production company, his hand on the gun, and his responsibility to check any gun handed to him before he pointed it at anyone. I also told her about film crew members having concerns about safety, and people shooting loaded guns on the perimeter of the filming during breaks, and that people had quit the filming just before this accident due to safety being so lax. She still thinks it's somebody else's fault, and not Baldwins. Just can't teach thee ignorant Hollywood groupies.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

What will really screw up the prosecution is that David Halls gave the gun to Hannah Gutierrez-Reed who gave it to AB and Halls was only charged with a petty misdemeanor and a few months probation.
Mr. Halls PLED to a misdemeanor with a suspended sentence and 6 months probation.

What was he actually originally CHARGED with? Likely part of the plea deal was his "cooperation," i.e. ratting AB out, but details
of the original charge and subsequent plea are thin on the ground.

I'm far from an expert on New Mexico criminal law - but how does the armorer get charged with manslaughter? I've read the Stage
Actors Guild requirements for handling firearms. I have not read those for the Screen Actors Guild, but I've gathered from a number
of sources that they're pretty similar to the Stage Actors Guild rules. Gutierrez-Reed, Halls, and Baldwin were ALL obligated to follow
those directives, but none of them did. That opens them to a CIVIL suit, but I'm not sure that not following those guidelines is
CRIMINAL. Baldwin SHOT AND KILLED another human being - however unintentionally he did it. That's considered manslaughter in most places, including
apparently New Mexico, and he oughta be held criminally accountable.

-Stretch
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

How are the dummy rounds used in a production of that sort visually differentiated from live rounds? Are they simply blanks with no visible projectile? Or are they cartridges with no primers and the magic of film-making provides the recoil and the puff of smoke? I know the cartridge belts worn by western movie actors have ammo with projectiles but presumeably those are dummy rounds as well. My question is, how would someone on a set know from a quick inspection that a firearm is loaded with blanks vs live rounds?
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Just read a report that AB all PO'd that he was charged with Hutchins' death! 'Lil cry baby needs to be put down for a time out with a dunce cap on! :twisted:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

possibly balnks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Good one, Griff! :lol: :lol: :lol: