Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Gk that is suspicious, you take a break and the spamming stops. Good that you are taking prophylactic precautions against internet viruses. Like people driving alone in a car with a mask on.

Another thing, you disappear and suddenly classified documents show up in Biden’s garage and I know Six knows where he lives.

Coincidence, I think not ?.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well looky here, a win, think I should be awarded stags and ivories for my Colts.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:42 am Get well real soon buddy I don't like it when one of us get sick I've heard that these internet viruses can spread pretty quick..... :shock: I'm wearing a mask as I type this.. :?

Fred have you noticed that the last couple of months there has been a drop in the number of spammers? I took a break while looking for a new abode and now I'm back there's hardly anyone to zap.

GK....there will be plenty of people to ZAP.......that's all me and Jay have to do is have a punctuation period in the wrong spot

Hey Jay.......(for Jays and GK's reading only). This is all about "Fast Eddie". It was HUGE news back in the day. Ya figure, this guy got caught so how many more of these "Fast Eddies" are out there? At the plant if we suspected anybody of being a weirdo we quickly called him "Fast Eddie". ....call it bullying or whatever, but it worked. Now you know why all of these "Fast Eddies" are coming out of the woodwork and the ones on the edge are making the jump to the land of weirdness, immortality, and outright filth.....with no guilty conscience.....

Right here on Wikipedia.... :D
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Savitz
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh oh!

We used to have a hot dog stand here in town around that time. "Fast Eddie's Franks". No lie boys.

Worst part is.... I can't remember if I ever ate there. Now IM gonna be sick. :shock:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Could you imagine that?..... That it was the same Fast Eddie who owned the stand in your area.......I can see the logo on the front of the stand, "Best Hot Dogs In Maine" with "Pre dipped" underneath that.

I thought you smelled funny......now your gagging as I can hear it from here. :D

On a real note that Fast Eddie was filthy rich.....only the richest of the rich live in Rittenhouse Square in Philly.....he also died from AIDS and there were more than a few young boys worrying about that after the news broke....

Another "for real"....the only place me and mom went to for several days before we got sick was Jimmy John's Hot Dogs.....and she didn't go in, only I did and the first thing I do is alcohol my hands when getting in the Jeep, hands, steering wheel, around my nose and lips....I'm thinking somebody there who was sick coughed in the food. Places only get one chance for me...I'll never walk in there again.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. While I'm not a full blown germaphobe, I am careful in the winter. And have been long before the communist flu was a thing. If I go in a store, I wear gloves. It doesn't look stupid, cause it's cold and you need em in the winter anyway. And yeah, I keep sanitizer in the truck.
Summertime, I don't do all that.

I am careful where I eat though. We eat out VERY little. I do believe your chances of catching something go WAY up. Even with takeout.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's coming.....the BIG one.....gonna start in China....again.....then to the West coast....then aaallllll over except Maine and S.E. Pa....specifically 19373....... and then........you and I can meet up and ravage all the gun shops minus bill of sales!!!!!

Watching this stupid movie.."Snowpiercer"....must be good because I'm not switching the channel....---000
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Now we're talking! That'll be prices I can afford.

I think I've seen that movie.
I watched one just last week that was good, now I can't remember what it was. I hate that.

Man I'm ready to get outta here. Of course, when I get home this morning there is more snow to clean up. Supposed to snow all day too. Think I will just drive my truck through the bank and out onto the lawn and park it there. Then I don't have to drive on the driveway and pack it before snowblowing. That's what I usually do. My buddy will have to drive on it to get out but I can't help that.

I will have to get up to camp this week and see if I can break trail in with the truck and open it back up. This will be 2 storms since I've been in. I had a pretty good trail last week so hopefully it's still doable.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Snow? We ain't seen nuttin yet..........I got all this Kubota to move a mountain and no snow......you get to have aaaalllll the fun stuff.......redneck move on making your bud get snow up to his waist, but beings he is most likely to be a rednck also, he will understand...YOU DONT PACK DA SNOW BE-Foe snow blowing or plowing!

That movie sucked.....stupid polar bear at the end....

Now this movie called Midway.......got rid of that quick as soon as I saw the computer generated Zero's and Dauntless dive bombers along with fake 50 cal. Ma Deuces and 40 mm Bofors with a "electric flash kit" on the muzzle.

I'll be up all night.....slept for 40 hours near straight but I tell ya, I'm back feeling like a million dollars.....I bounce back fast after an illness......mom is still somewhat sick after 4 days.....orange juice and eggs.....easy on the stomach and had the protein.....

Now, I'll get back to being myself.....who can we pick on and make fun of? Anyone out there with big pimples or psoriasis? :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahahaha! Oh man. Yeah, when we were kids you had to be pretty tough. Thing is, so did the "bullies". Nowadays, they just have a public service announcement or a government funded program. But the bottom line is, nothing is done to the bully.
When we were kids, anyone could be a bully if they wanted. But at 2 o'clock when the bell rang, they had to back it up. Nobody went home in a secured safe space.
So, everyone got to see just how tough the bully was. Sometimes they were. And if he gave some kid a beat down.....oh well. If they was still really obnoxious and everybody got sick of his BS.....
Well, then 3 or 4 kids were waiting for the bully at 2 o'clock. That usually took care of it.
Most problems solve themselves pretty easy. It's just that the government don't get to run people's lives if they know that.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just got up and logged on, glad to hear you're feeling fine Six, I can take my mask off now....

OS your .45s look ok as they are...

Talking of movies with fake gunfire and machineguns that don't eject any empties, I watched two episodes of Yancy Derringer last night, it's one TV western I have known about but have never seen. Those little Sharps four barrel jobs were amazing, accuracy and knock down power in such a small package.... :o it's a wonder that Sam Colt ever sold a revolver....

Weirdos, now that Fast Eddie guy sure takes first prize.... :evil:

Cold and damp here and due to get much colder this week.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK! It's now 6:21 and I'm still wide awake, even after a klonopin, a gulp of NyQuil, and a antihistamine. WIDE awake.

Those four barreled Sharps were cool guns...I had several but only one in .22...the others were in some weird 30 cal.rimfire.....sold em off at a 100% profit to finance something else.

Jay must have went to school where you had to fight to get to your doorstep.....plus, Jay is a big dude and I'm glad he's my friend.
I was fortunate to have tough friends...probably purposely picked. My friend for a long time was Matt Olivier and he's 6' 7" and then it was "The Gunny" a 6' 3" career marine DI.....didn't really have any issues in school. It was a public school but high end and most were civilized.....I guess I lived a sheltered life as it was the same growing up in our neighbhood. Fights were rare.

About the maddest I ever got in school was when I finally got a desk next to this real sweet Italian girl, my wife's cousin and anyway. one day, I was making my moves and the kid next to me blasted one real loud, then junmped up, pointed his finger at me and screamed, "you pig!"....and that's why I had to settle for this girls cousin and dang, she is very rich today.

Now that I'm old if a fight starts I'll just shoot em.....gotta get sleep--00
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I think Jay's school must have been similar to mine, all through school I was always the youngest and one of the smallest in the class so learning how to deal with bullies was a regular but useful chore. The hardest guy I knew back then was called Nipper he had a BSA 500cc Shooting Star and his feet could hardly reach the ground but he fought like a wild cat, didn't matter how big or how many, never saw him lose.
Six, I too had friends that were on the large size I'm sure it was the reason we all enjoyed a quiet drink in some of the roughest pub in town.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, keep in mind when you are navigating with that crocodile if you take the pacific route when you are straight south from LA and you are off South America you are still 3,000 miles or so at sea.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS I've given up the Crocodile idea since watching on YouTube "The Woodland Escape" the guy on there showed me how to build a Birch bark canoe…
Seriously I would gladly leave the UK for even the worst gun law state where all the residents alive and dead vote democrat.…dont say as I'd stay there though …. :wink:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, you could have you choice of states. We even have a local castle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Speaking of grips, The Taurus are like a clone of the Colt which seem almost custom for my hand. The newer Rugers are similar.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...well....

Another rainy day in California....this guy about tore up the cash checking store because they wouldn't cash his $10,000 check that was entirely hand written...in purple ink on a wrinkled McDonalds bag that came out of a dumpster.

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I could tell you stories I can’t tell you here.

Here is a citizen that just wanted to dwell in our waiting room,

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay?...you there bro? I needs yo help......the Surgeon General called here today and told mom not to let me have any tools sharper than a wheelbarrow and rubberized spoons to eat with. He said they should be made from old inner tubes. On rare occasions, with a chaperone present I'm allowed to have a thin plastic butter knife as long as it's not longer than 3".

I told you winters are hard on me....but happy times are ahead.....you ought to see the check that arrived today......

Oooohhhhhhh good times are here...good times are here.....and the sky is falling in the bay near L.A......bee bo bop ant bop do bee as I see a bum behind the tree,.... looking to get my ivories.....!!! But but...ivory and stag are outlawed in Kaaaaaalllllliiiifffornia.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm here!
Just got in from cleaning up. What a freakin mess. Then I ran over the old man's and dumped some dry gas in his blower. He said it was surging under load. That's usually a shot of water.
I came in and took a shower. That's right! A shower! It's a big day.
Now I'm sitting and watching Gunsmoke and replacing some fluids.
They was supposed to bring my Wilson 1911 mags for that new 9mm today. They didn't show. Probably the weather. Oh well....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

A shower ???!! You have hot water? Dang...you be uppity.

You want a laugh? Did you know it's illegal to sell elephant ivory in any form or Sanbar stag from India in California? Old or new and if you have it you have to be able to prove it was purchased before 1992 or you go directly to jail!!!...yes, the Big House. In the meantime it's legal to do drugs, car jack, rob, steal destroy other people's stuff and engage in illicit activities with people younger than 18.

HEY! Philly police dept. got new placards for crime scenes concerning empty cartridge cases.....I saw one today on the 6 o'clock news......119.....yes, one hundred and nineteen. Looked like 9mm.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hot water? Who said anything about hot water? :D

A 119 rounds?! Holy smokes. That's a lotta shootin. Probably not much hitting. Probably more chance of getting hurt slipping on all the brass.

Man, I'm beat. Think I'm gonna hit the hay. I'll be back tomorrow.
That's a threat! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks for the warning....

There must have been a dozen shootings in Philly today.....dead people everywhere....
Smashed and shot up cars.......and guess who pays for it all?
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

What the Heck Six , they were all celebrating MLK Day......Philly is just a model for the rest of the U.S......put a 20' fence around it topped with razor wire and shut off all modern services . just like they should have done in Seattle . meanwhile old Joe (Mr. Electric car guy ) is in the garage stroking His Vette. big dem plan.. :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

68 years later and I still don't understand it.....they kill, loot and pillage with no empathy or fear of consequences. The more you give them the more they loot and pillage... believe their brain capacity is about the same size as a gnat.

Buddy of mine at work had a new house built in a development of around 150 houses back in the nineties....He was happy as all heck to get out of the crime infested city of Chester and he told me he was for the first time in his life, felt safe. So what happens....someone who lived in one of those 150 houses was breaking into cars and sheds. People started putting up security lights and other means. Yea, they caught the kids...the only two "bros" in the neighborhood.

Screw it, let people think what they want.

On to happier times and things to talk about....(can't find nuttin')------006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, I guess that was a day. Had to fix my dad's snowblower. I put mine outside to melt off in the sun, as it warmed up some. Happened to notice the cotter pin was gone and the wheel retaining pin was halfway out. Whew! That was close. Shoveled out the back of the truck.

My Wilson mags came for the 9mm 1911.

An otherwise useless day. Didn't get a whole lot accomplished.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Loaded up and hit the hard water over the weekend, no fish were harmed by us.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

While I don't know what you use now but if I lived where you live with all dat snow, I'd have a top of the line huge snowblower that fits on the mighty Kubota. It would be powerful enough to shoot the snow over to the neighbors......barring that, it would be something big. I had a nice Toro that was self propelled with a big motor but it went away. I just use the bucket on the mighty Kubota and that's if I feel like plowing.......and...if it snows....have not got nothing yet...nothing.

But when the deep snow comes once in a while....like 24" the bucket works better.....

As I'm hip deep in 38-40 single actions this Ruger is going out on Friday.......has a set of $300 sambar stags, not cheap regular stag or even cheaper elk, but sambar from India which I heard has been banned. Has box with particulars and extra cylinder for 10mm....extremely accurate. Let me know before Friday....just checking with ya bro .."oh man, why didn't you tell me?" ..... :D ......gun prices are crazy high and I've been killin' em lately........

The checks have so many digits they have to send me three checks!!!!

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Harry...what do you people do for firewood out your way?

Keep the ice...it's 45 here.....
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

31f here and snowing like crazy......the roads here are treacherous when dry and I have to make journey tomorrow that I am not looking forward to.
I will be looking for new home again soon.... definitely need a place with a log burner and access to woodland.

Well the snow didn't last long and the temp has crawled to 35f.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Those are pretty! Thank you for thinking of me buddy, but I'm good I think. Those the "Buckeye" versions? My buddy used to get those for another friend that collected Rugers. He had them all.

Snowblowers....
Here's the thing. A big tractor mounted blower works good. We thought of putting one on dad's 570. It would be good for a long driveway or open areas that need cleaning. However, our driveways aren't that long (100ft). And we have lots of little paths and nooks and crannies we clean out. A tractor is just too cumbersome. You spend all your time trying to turn around and running o er and packing all the snow you want to blow. I didn't think it would work that great for our application.

Looks like fun harry. We haven't done any hard water fishing thus year.

GK,
Not staying? Well, if you aren't happy there, then you shouldn't. Life is too short buddy. Find a place with woods, a wood stove, and a more redneck pub!
Tallyho!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:37 pm Hey Harry...what do you people do for firewood out your way?

Keep the ice...it's 45 here.....
Pine or Aspen (of the poplar family).
You know what they say, there’s a girl behind every tree 🌲
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Copy that Captain Bro!!!! (Ya like yo's new name? Captain Bro!!!!.... For real, you have to "get" while the "gettin' is good and it's good now......craaaazzyYyy prices...

Now, on to fun and games...the snowblower......I understand about the nooks and crannies....makes sense....so who do you call????....GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!'.........no...no.....you get a snowblower for the tractor and a mega "all the bells and whistles" snowblower......don't play around...gits it all Captain Bro!!!!

Think......think.......remember when your dad got that last batch of guns his buddy left him and your dad just handed off a couple to you?.....that's because you dad knows he's old and date time is coming....I'm beginning to feel the same way.....I don't care about money or things....I just want to be peaceful and you will be there one day so make your life full of "fun and games" now while you can....like Burt Reynolds said before he died....."I had a blast"........I can honestly say the same.....so buy that mega blower with the hubcap spinners and fuzzy dice on the handles.

The bell don't ring as loud when your getting in your sixties....despite what others say.

Now, on to more fun and games.....MR.Fox, .....the biggie was here and the dogs love to jump on the door to watch him.....after that several deer stopped by and a little 4 point watched TV with us........funny thing, the security lights pop on and it don't bother them a bit......---00

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey cool buddy.
We got Cornville, but you got Critterville. :D

Drove up to camp this afternoon to see if I could break a trail in again. I had some wood in the back and we took up some other stuff. My old Ma even ride along. Kristy was down to the middle kids place watching the baby.
Now Ma makes it clear that she don't like wheelin. If she's with dad, and they start down a trail with "Old Red", she makes her displeasure known.
But, with her favorite kid at the wheel, it's no problem.
Full disclosure.....I'm the only kid.

So anyway, I snapped on both lockers and just let it idle along so it would pack the snow as it went and not spin. No problem......went right in without a hitch.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Don't ever call your mom, "old ma"!!!!

Enough of that...now apologize!

My mom was cool......we were cruising around in my new at the time '78 Trans Am, slamming down beers so I lit up a joint and dang if she didn't take a few tokes....for real...I think of both of my parents everyday....they were always there for me, even the day after I hit the 200 year old beech tree at 65 mph. If I was at a gunshow with my dad and something unusual came up and I was short on bucks as most of us are in our twenties...my dad always opened up his wallet but he made it clear, very clear, he wanted to be paid as soon as I got my paycheck....and I had a brother and a sister....not a spoiled only child.

So, you had a great day in the woods......but I see your still tied to the umbilical cord...does Kristy know this? Or is there a cord from both of them and then to a "Y" where you feed from both of them? Ha! That was funny...a "Y"... :D

How deep was the snow? Low range at idle is about 2 mph.

I keep living in the past drawing from memory. Picked out a few more guns to drop off...collector items now but I bought em new. Kind of left me n a foul mood but that's life, can't take em with you.....well, maybe I can, figure a underground cement vault with pegs on the wall, a couch with me sitting in it all stiff and moldy, Can of Spearmint Skoal along with a spittoon. Then I'd hear you on top of the ground tapping away looking for a place to crack through with a jack hammer along with a portable air compressor....

Oh dude, I'm losing it...need some sunshine.---00
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Took my little Ford KA for a service and roadworthy test, the roads around here are something else, covered in water when it ain't even raining and black ice every morning, wouldn't be so bad it the roads were flat and straight but that sure don't apply in Somerset, you don't even need top gear. Coming home in a unfamiliar courtesy car was even more fun :( I'm hoping the roads are a little better when I go back, wish I had the cash for another Landover.

Jay, my Ma had a good sense of humour and enjoyed my style of driving which didn't include worrying about speed restrictions .... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, hey now......
Apologize?......spoiled only child? I don't think so buddy. :D

When I was growing up, my parents were very good to me. Not in the sense of giving me stuff or letting me get away with murder. I had a very stable home with clear rules of do's and don'ts. They set a good example on how life should be lived. They also gave me a huge amount of responsibility for my age. My grandparents lived close by and it was the same there.
I am pretty close to my folks, but it comes from a sense of duty. They were there for me when I was young and taught me what I needed to know for a good life. Now that they are old and need more help, it is the least I can do. It's payback, of a sort. But I don't think I could ever repay them.
My mom is really nice. My dad always jokes that she was a "rich kid". She wasn't in any way, but was compared to my dad growing up. My dad had it rough. They were poor and he was the oldest boy, so a lot fell to him. My mom and dad grew up 2 streets from each other, and my dad would walk to my mom's and walk to school with her. They knew each other their whole lives. When they married and bought a house, it was within an eighth mile of both their parents. My dad took care of both places for their parents and I grew up helping with that. When I bought a house, it too was near. Kristys folks place is near too. Our boys are the first to scatter a little. The oldest is here in town. The middle boy was until this year. He bought a bigger place in the next town to the south. He is about 15 miles away now. The youngest is 5k miles away, but hopefully not forever.
It's just how we do things. There are few that can be counted on in this world. We try and stick together as best we can. A day could come (looking more that way all the time) when that makes all the difference.

Glad you got home safe GK. Nothing worse than black ice. And it's not even the ice per se', it's the inconsistencies. It's bare tar for a mile, then 200 yards of sheer ice you can't see. That's the worst. I've driven an hour each way to work in some horrendous weather for 35 years. I'm a very aggressive driver and I don't fear bad conditions. It has to be real bad before I drive less than 65 on the interstate. That patchy black ice will slow me down more than anything. Came home in it last Saturday morning. Its even worse in high wind, cause you cant tell if you're breaking traction or the wind it pushing you. Sucks.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes black ice is a killer, years ago when a motorcycle was my only transport I was regularly down the bike shop buying replacements for whatever I had bent dropping my bike on the tarmac. Scares me now on four wheels but at least I don't pick up so many bruises :lol:

Jay I'm impressed by your family, in a perfect world that sort of commitment to family would be normal but with kids moving thousands of miles away makes it difficult, only now do I regret not looking after my parents better, at the time I guess I never gave it a enough thought, pursuit of a different way of life was just a waste of time, for me anyway.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy. I count myself very lucky. I am rich in what matters most. Probably why I really don't worry that much about money or economic conditions. I figure of we stick together, we will get by ok.

Oh man! Having grown up on 2 wheels I understand what you are saying. It's no small thing, riding a bike year round. You are one tough monkey buddy.
I can tell you from first hand experience, there is NOTHING worse than wiping out a bike on frozen ground or ice. Especially if it's frozen rough. That is its own kind of hurt. And as you said, parts break when you crash on those surfaces and in the cold. Not fun.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just got back from picking up my little car, got a roadworthy pass only needed one tire... :D the drive was worse than this morning, dark and freezing again in a unfamiliar car, good job my nerves are still ok even if my eyesight is showing its age.
My next door neighbor was surprised that I had gone out with the roads being so bad and the garage said they had been busy towing in wrecks etc. Oh well it makes up for not having the excitement of Squirrel hunting I suppose...... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Rock on buddy!
Real men drive in any weather. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bad roads?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey...hey....I come to spoil the pleasantries. GK is not liking his new digs.....GK....it's the worst time of year bro.....the short days with overcast skies with moisture in the air make you think the worst.....it deeply affects me, but we "soldier on" and wait for the spring.....never really bothered me until around my mid fifties when life was more situated and had time to think, along with the degradation of the body and mind........geeze, we all designed to live until around 45.

I got to bed around 4 and at 11:am I looked out the slot between the shade and the window and all I saw was dark gloom...cold, dark, rainy......stayed in bed until 3. Just watch animals.....when they have nothing to do, they sleep....so I sleep too. :D

Jayster...the days of family closeness are near done....your lucky as today's need for more money near forces people to look far and wide.....growing up and into my forties, practically the entire family was within 40 miles, most within 15. Now they are all dead or moved away while my wife's family is still close as most people in her family got land to build on but because of that closeness there's the "axis" and the "allies"....and I'm the odd one out, getting along with both sides.....some see me as a "spY"

You living close gives your mom and dad great solace in their aging years, knowing there is trustful help when it will be needed instead of some nasty aging service that will do nothing but see how much money can be robbed from them. As said many times before, most people are no good and 99% of the others who don't fit into that "most people are no good" category are also no good.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I think that is true, but I see the more solid families pulling back in close in the future. Like it was in the past, it is going to be a necessity. As this country further degrades, services will be even worse, and not to be trusted. Care for the elderly and young will need to be done at home, just like in the past. More than one generation will live together in a home. Not only for financial reasons, but for child and elder care.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, they do say "what comes around goes around" and that "history repeats itself"......but in this case I don't believe it's going to happen as the family structure is near ripped apart and most people are reverting back to being animals...hence, the savagery we see everyday on TV....

Whatever....nothing we can do to stop or start anything new........We are stepping out for eats.....maybe I'll catch someone else's disease and die on the way home then you can come swooping up all my Colts.... :D

Stepping out all day tomorrow up in Amish land....gonna test out those Falkens at 75.

Moms debit card number was used out in Las Vegas....wasn't much in it and the bank caught it but now it's a new number which has to go to the phone, cable, etc. More aggravation from thieves.....like I said, most people are no good, I carry cash.......and a gun.....and I know how to use it, the gun, not the cash. :D .....----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Those Falkens will be fine at 75 bro. I've tried em. :D
Yup, people suck. The whole country is bottoming out fast. Oh well..... just another day. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. I just don't know any other way.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, we are back with full bellies...even got $10 Cheeseburgers for the dogs........

Mom got a little perturbed when I tried to smoke the tires on wet roads at stop signs......and stop signs are where the oil is......yea....raining and cold.....those Falkens didn't break tread.....another time I was coming around a very sharp curve and half way through the curve I punched it...nada....keep in mind I'm not running 600 h.p.....

Last night we watched Mad, mad,mad,mad ,mad world for about the 32nd time......no swearing or filth and we laughed like crazy.

Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I re member that movie as a Kid. pretty Funny. :D . poured rain all day Wednesday, I hate it. then yesterday Sunny and in the 50's, cooked Rib steaks on the grill. big storm came through tonight and now it's starting to snow, wind is howling . A woman from work called Me, said her Uncle passed and had lots of guns. wants to send Me pictures to see how much they are worth. She said the family is arguing about them , I told her they will most likely just disappear before she can see them.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never seen that movie.
Glad the tires worked well buddy. I like mine.
It's snowing here again. Every freakin weekend. Can't do it during the week when I'm home. Not supposed to get much at least. One to three inches I guess.

Your right 45. Those guns will be gone. Especially if there's anything good. People suck.
Last edited by OldWin on Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.