Tutt looking for a Ruger Single 9 in 22 Mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Tutt looking for a Ruger Single 9 in 22 Mag

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Ruger Single 9 in 22 Mag with the typical 6.5 inch barrel. My local distributors all indicate they are "allocated" and none seem to be available right now at a decent (read not grossly exaggerated) price. If you know someone who has one "on the shelf" for sale, or a used one in near mint condition, please let me know, thanks!

I've been looking but no luck, will most likely just have to wait until the next batch from Ruger.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Re: Tutt looking for a Ruger Single 9 in 22 Mag

Post by 765x53 »

If you have a Single-Six, you can make it a Single-Eight magnum or a Single-Ten long-rifle. With a Brochardt cylinder. http://rugercyl.com/ruger-cylinders/
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

That's good information, and thank you for it! No, I will hold out for the single 9, thank you very much! Who knows, maybe Terry M (formerly Captain All Caps here) would want one too, but if not, I want one for both of us none the less! :) -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I found this used one.
not sure how to find out if it's still available
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102163368
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I wonder if Bass Pro would ship from store to store?
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102174164

Now you got me looking for one myself....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

You guys ROCK! A fellow member also PM'd me with two links to follow up on. Will drive to my local gun store here and see if they are legit. Thanks Guys!!!!

-Tutt

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Well, two of my leads dried up. One the website had not been updated and the other one only accepted crypto currency which means its bank fraud and you never get your money back. -Tutt

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102175274

Doesn't say sold so maybe this is the ONE for ya Tutt
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:00 pm https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102175274

Doesn't say sold so maybe this is the ONE for ya Tutt
come on Tutt, buy this ! :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've shot several hundred 22 mags through my Single Six.
It changes the .22LR shooter into an entirely different beast. A horrifically loud beast. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thanks Guys, I will look into it shortly. I have my new expedited passport and might be traveling to Poland and possibly Ukraine shortly, I do not know. I am waiting on Ukrainian friends now to complete their paperwork so they can get to Poland. So this may have to wait now, I do not know. My Mom's condition appears stable now, an angiogram revealed that her stents are still wide open, so it is not her heart. More work to be done, but she is OK for now.

Prayers for our Brother Joe and his wife in particular. -Tutt

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I did email the guy days ago and have not heard back. Actually, in a perfect world, a Single 9 with a Bisley grip frame would be my first choice but that would be custom.
There are so very few gunsmiths left, not sure who could do such a thing. -Tutt

4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Maybe try these guys....https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/ bring your checkbook :D
Rumble.com/ hickock45
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Bookmarked him now, had seen that before, but wasn't needed at the time. Thanks!!!! -Tutt

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

CowboyTutt wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:47 pm I did email the guy days ago and have not heard back. Actually, in a perfect world, a Single 9 with a Bisley grip frame would be my first choice but that would be custom.
There are so very few gunsmiths left, not sure who could do such a thing. -Tutt

Bobby Tyler of Tyler Gunworks in Friona Tx is my "go to" guy for mix and match builds. I handed him a box of parts accumulated over decades to include a Blackhawk frame that was flat topped before Ruger brought back the Flat top, a Bisely hammer and trigger, a birdshead frame and grip panels and misc other bits and pieces. He handed me back a smooooth Ruger Blackhawk with birdshead frame and everything fit impeccably. His 'smith Dusty Hooley did the work and I couldn't be happier. He also has a bunch of take off grip frames from Rugers, to pretty much fit anything, I believe. He'd be the person I'd call to set up such a build. I'm contemplating having him do up my project OM Single Six one of these days...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

4t5 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:34 pm Maybe try these guys....https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/ bring your checkbook :D
OMG, I can turn a single six into a bird's head grip frame? I'm loving these ... bookmarked.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Rimfire, Ruger wrangler # 2015 has a birds head grip frame, if you're not looking for a magnum.

Or maybe can be used for a parts gun, swap the frame if they fit, and the second cylinder could be bored to magnum, giving you a convertible option.

certainly the price is right.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Tutt, sent you a message.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Might be the better option, and more accessable right now in Commiefornia and cheaper too. It's only an "8 shot" but very close to the 9 shot Ruger. I have to begrudgingly admit, I'm more of a double action guy anyhow. My S&W 460 snubbie is probably my favorite handgun, and the only one that never needed a "trigger action job" and that says a lot! (not saying the Smith 648 won't require one, which it probably will). So one of these would also make sense over the Ruger option. -Tutt

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/k-frame-12460

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Andy, true to his word springing for the pizza and beers, I have a stainless H&R tha is double action single action configuration that has both LR and Mag cylinders, a 650 I think, have to check.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

CowboyTutt wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:21 am Might be the better option, and more accessable right now in Commiefornia and cheaper too. It's only an "8 shot" but very close to the 9 shot Ruger. I have to begrudgingly admit, I'm more of a double action guy anyhow. My S&W 460 snubbie is probably my favorite handgun, and the only one that never needed a "trigger action job" and that says a lot! (not saying the Smith 648 won't require one, which it probably will). So one of these would also make sense over the Ruger option. -Tutt

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/k-frame-12460
I've got an older 648 in 6". For some reason, I thought mine was an L frame. Back then they were only 6 shots. The 648 is easily the loudest handgun I own. I have no idea why the 22 Mag is as loud as it is in short barrels.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:06 am That's good information, and thank you for it! No, I will hold out for the single 9, thank you very much! Who knows, maybe Terry M (formerly Captain All Caps here) would want one too, but if not, I want one for both of us none the less! :) -Tutt
Hi -- I think Terry M passed away several years ago... :(
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »