For Sale

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

For Sale

Post by JimT »

in 1943. From the January 1943 issue of The American Rifleman. This gives an idea of how much buying power the dollar had and how much worth less it is today.
IMG_4657.JPG
IMG_4658.JPG
IMG_4659.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For Sale

Post by marlinman93 »

Around this same time my parents bought their home for $5000, and the payment was $50 a month. So considering the prices on homes today, and guns today, guns are a real bargain!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

$11,000 to $600,000+ in the San Fernando valley - 50 years.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Mayor Lightfoot and her antigun cronies are out looking for those guns today :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Also, back then nobody gave a second thought about posting a gun for sale in the daily newspaper! Don't dare do that now! :shock:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I used to look at the ads in my Dad's old American Rifleman magazines and daydream about going back in time to buy up those guns... :D
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Yeah Jim, pegs inflation. the thing 'they' are saying isn't real . . . . i worked at the NY world's fair for a buck an hour. seemed like a good deal to me. :( i worked in a wall street bucket shop for not much more. . . the times really are changing Bob