Favorite SAA cartridge?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Favorite SAA cartridge?

Post by buckeyeshooter »

44 wcf.
High Desert Hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by High Desert Hunter »

I would love one in 32-20, not likely to happen unless I find a decent priced Italian jobber. Next would be the 45 Colt, which I loaded more rounds for than I can count, and then a 38-40 or 44-40, not real particular long as I'm wishful thinkin here.
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Walt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:23 pm I may be mistaken but I have never seen in various writings where old Jeff actually saw combat. I know this is sacrilege but Jeff was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth.
Don't disagree about the silver spoon upbringing, but he chose a different path for himself.

There were at least 3 gunfights, if not discussed, at least alluded to in numerous writings. Ayoob covered them in one of the articles in his "The Gunfights of..." series.

Also, Jeff appears to have at one time been a field contractor for The Company. He also honored his NDA, so we'll likely never know a number of things.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

No doubt whatsoever that Cooper was an exceedingly effective firearms instructor. He changed the way that private citizens as well as professionals perceive defensive threats and tactics. I agree that he was one of the firearms greats and the best part is that he was able to communicate his skills and opinions to countless students of his craft.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Walt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:23 pm I may be mistaken but I have never seen in various writings where old Jeff actually saw combat. I know this is sacrilege but Jeff was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth.
Cooper was a friend of mine. Silver spoon? Don’t we all wish we were born into wealth? Not sure why that matters to us.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good option for Single Actions - 45 ACP. I have had a couple Rugers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Jeff Cooper talked the talk and walked the walk! NOW, can we get back to the thread subject!?