7.65x21mm.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

7.65x21mm.....

Post by Ray »

That is to say, .30 super carry. Controversial and much castigated which is to be expected given the ammunition and components supply issues.

But it is a ".32" and I have a fondness for those thusly titled, both gats & roscoes......and the shield ez platform has a good record.

One thing that is often said of these "new wonder cartridges of the week/month" is the potential for apathy, lack of support & ultimately obsolescence. On one of the early videos posted on this pistol (s & w e-z) the reviewer shot his with both 7.65x20mm french long and .32 acp. Yes, the humble .32 acp fires and feeds but doesn't have enough oomph to cycle.

So I'm not so concerned about future proper case unavailability. I have loaded some hotter .32 acp with long enough case o.a.l. to prevent their use in normal .32s and they do indeed cycle despite the semi-rim......
IMG_20230105_072329178~2.jpg
.32 acp case loaded with .311" sks bullet to .30 super carry o.a.l.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 7.65x21mm.....

Post by 2ndovc »

A friend of mine just bought one. He's digging it so far. I have a fondness for the .32s as well, but I have so many pocket pistols as it is, I doubt I buy one. The Shield doesn't fit my had very well. I'm wondering though, since my Single Seven will fire .32 ACPs, if the .30 will work?
:shock:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

2ndovc wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:57 pm A friend of mine just bought one. He's digging it so far. I have a fondness for the .32s as well, but I have so many pocket pistols as it is, I doubt I buy one. The Shield doesn't fit my had very well. I'm wondering though, since my Single Seven will fire .32 ACPs, if the .30 will work?
:shock:

jb 8)
Tried that. The .30 s.c. has nothing but the case mouth to headspace on and is like 3mm shorter than the .327. At least the .32 acp has a vestigial rim (.25 & .38 acp does too).
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I wondered about that. Oh well, thought I had one more cartridge for the zombie apocalypse revolver. :D

jb 8)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:41 pm I wondered about that. Oh well, thought I had one more cartridge for the zombie apocalypse revolver. :D

jb 8)
That's why I bought one (Ruger Single Seven)? :lol: :lol: :lol:
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Interesting, what's the weight of the sks bullet?

I've been trying to convince myself that I'm not sorta interested in this Sooper Carry thing. In a longer-barreled platform with adjustable sights it might be a nifty light field pistol.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

"Interesting, what's the weight of the sks bullet?"

Either 123 or 125 gr. Prvi Partizan brand.
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:22 pm
2ndovc wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:41 pm I wondered about that. Oh well, thought I had one more cartridge for the zombie apocalypse revolver. :D

jb 8)
They are fun, aren't they. Mine shoots a little tighter with my .32 H&R loads, but it shoots pretty well with everything I've run through it, except the .32ACPs. They work, but they are all over the place. Have to pretty close to use for a zombie head shot. :D

I know these grips look awful, but I dropped it and split one of the walnut panels. Had them a parts box. :shock:

jb 8)

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Took a 123 gr. .310" to the bandsaw and loaded it in a .32 acp over a pinch of green dot.....
IMG_20230107_095306968~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ray: Well ...? :lol:
First off I'd like to know who in the heck has .32 French Long to shoot up and where they are getting it. I have had a couple of the French Model 35s over the years and gave them up because of the difficulty of feeding them. Swell little pistols.
I'll be watching to see what you think over the longer term of the .30 Super Carry.
Last edited by Bill in Oregon on Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

"They are fun, aren't they. Mine shoots a little tighter with my .32 H&R loads, but it shoots pretty well with everything I've run through it, except the .32ACPs. They work, but they are all over the place. Have to pretty close to use for a zombie head shot."

One thing that helps enhance accuracy with the .32 acp fired in longer chambers is to fatten the case somewhat with a wrap of masking tape. It helps center the undersize case in the chamber. This is an old trick that allowed .32 longs to be fired successfully in .32 wcf chambered guns when those cartridges were/are difficult to obtain.
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:15 am Ray: Well ...? :lol:
First off I'd like to know who in the heck has .32 French Long to shoot up and where they are getting it. I have had a couple of the French Model .35s over the years and gave them up because of the difficulty of feeding them. Swell little pistols.
I'll be watching to see what you think over the longer term of the .30 Super Carry.
Just think, you could have been shooting them froggie gats all along with .32 acps.....albeit, cycling by hand.

Buffalo Arms had both cases and loaded ammo formed from .32 longs trimmed to 20mm and the rims turned down but these have been out of stock for some time. Starline lists the cases as out of stock but the stock status color coding intimates that they are backorderable which might be an option (1mm shorter) if new .30 s.c. brass is not offered.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/765-french-long
m.A.g.a. !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:33 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:22 pm

jb 8)
They are fun, aren't they. Mine shoots a little tighter with my .32 H&R loads, but it shoots pretty well with everything I've run through it, except the .32ACPs. They work, but they are all over the place. Have to pretty close to use for a zombie head shot. :D

I know these grips look awful, but I dropped it and split one of the walnut panels. Had them a parts box. :shock:

jb 8)
Same experience with mine Jason. Everything shoots really tight except the .32 ACP. Minute of barn door on that one! :wink:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

.327 SP101 that PillHer has is quite similar in its likes and dislikes. Hers has the adjustable sights and (I think) a 3 inch barrel.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

OK, Ray. Knowing your penchant for "make do"... what about a bit of paper clip or heavy monofilament in the extractor groove of the new 30 case? Would that give enough "lip" to keep functional in the Single Seven?
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

AmBraCol wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:10 pm OK, Ray. Knowing your penchant for "make do"... what about a bit of paper clip or heavy monofilament in the extractor groove of the new 30 case? Would that give enough "lip" to keep functional in the Single Seven?
Well, the .327s and h&r s seem to be hiding but I loaded one .30 s.c. (fed. a.e.) into the garcia/rossi pocket .32 and it looks like it might work though there was a bit of drag against the recoil shield/breech face so it might work as an expedient in a swing out cylinder but if there is any dragging in a single action I don't think you'd ever get one around to the top to fire. Of course, I'd never fire the .30 in this old .32 revolver due to intense operating pressures.

Now I need to find them .327s and h & r s
m.A.g.a. !