Valmet shotgun.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Valmet shotgun.

Post by Nath »

I got to do something.
My local fun store....he keeps letting me in the armoury. I gotta get me banned somehow!

Anyway I was checking the rifles out.
I scrutinized a krico stutzen stocked WMR.
Then I moved on to the shotguns, I mean like I need another 🤦. Now I've never been a fan of topsy turvey barreled shotguns but this here Valmet with 26" barrels dang well flew to the shoulder and no matter how I tried the two beads were always lined up!
I usually prefer longer barrels but these seem to have enough weight to suit my style of following through, as it happens.
Happens in that I asked if could try it for a few days and yep the darn thing works for me well! 🤦.
IMG_20221227_084153.jpg
IMG_20221227_151253.jpg
Comes with five chokes also.

I need help.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Valmet shotgun.

Post by AmBraCol »

Lovely shottygun! Looks like it's a dandy!

What's going on with Jess? Trying to figure out that pose. :o :shock: :? :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

AmBraCol wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:19 pm Lovely shottygun! Looks like it's a dandy!

What's going on with Jess? Trying to figure out that pose. :o :shock: :? :lol:
I've got three squirrels and Jess in one arm and the shotgun in the other. Jess is looking for another, she is never satisfied!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Those are great guns. and if You don't know You with a little digging should be able to get a set of combo barrels or rifle barrels. I recently saw one that was 25-35win & 12ga. Enjoy!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

.45colt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:10 pm Those are great guns. and if You don't know You with a little digging should be able to get a set of combo barrels or rifle barrels. I recently saw one that was 25-35win & 12ga. Enjoy!
So I understand 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Plus one on the rifle barrels. That's a heck of a stout and versatile shottie!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Those Valmet guns are great workhorses, ya cant go wrong.
Now if ya want to shoot it like you are used to doing, just turn it 90° and give it the gangsta treatment! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

They are well made shotguns and the single trigger is pretty reliable too. It's really cruel how some gun dealers let you rummage around their stock....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Nath looks like you are a owner of a O&U. I also prefer a SXS but I shoot the O&U's better now and I don't know why? Your dealer is crafty you had better watch them very close. Give that shotgun a nice long vetting period!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thank you all for you help, counsel and understanding.
John, my gun dealer is a gun pimp. The problem is he is a gentleman and gives me discounts and gifts! He gave me a pack of LR primers I found lurking in a corner of the shop the other day.
He took me shooting pheasants in Wales the other day also!

Regards turning the gun so it's a sxs, good idea, it won't feel so bad then 💡.
Mind you some of those charging viscous squirrels had me twisted up a few times I can tell ya, it was close combat, nearly off the hip close! Savage they are around these parts.

N😁
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!