Second time out with the new Python.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Second time out with the new Python.

Post by 2ndovc »

Better day with the Python.

Trigger still sucks, but one of the new loads suggested by Stretch shot far better. It was too darned cold to drag all my stuff out there, so I was shooting two handed around 20 yds or so. I was wearing gloves so the groups aren't super tight, but with the wind still howling like it has been for the last couple week, I was much happier with today's outing. Target on the left at about 6:00 was a decent cluster and I can work with that. That was 14 grains of 2400 and a 158 gr. Hornady XTP. Nice load that wasn't abusive, even with the 3" barrel. The rest of the holes were me goofing around double action. Right target was 13 grains of 2400 and the same bullet. Wind was pushing me around a bit and shot without the gloves on, I think that made the difference in the POI.

Ran a couple of magazines through my HK P30 on the steel gong. That was enough for this morning. I used to work outside year around a couple of decades ago and a 35 degree day was a piece of cake. Not anymore! :D

Still planning on sending it off to Malamute's guy, but wanted to try those new loads also. Never did get a response from Colt about returning it to fix the trigger.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Second time out with the new Python.

Post by stretch »

Not bad shootin' under the circumstances. 8)

I found 14 gr. of 2400 was the most accurate in my guns,
but of course there may be variations with your kit, eh?
Glad it worked for ya.

Too bad about the trigger.

-Stretch