Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Amazing how these 100 yr old knives cut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Turkey soup is next. Roaster is 70+ yrs old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Picture looks like you are ready to
Walk out of any western.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK....your a handsome bugger....lean and well dressed........well, the English are known to be on a higher level than the yanks on the totem pole of class.........I'm so low, I can't be seen...I'm the part under the ground....but, I don't give a (you know).

Nice quarter horse..or maybe an overweight thoroughbred?......ole Pepsi and you make a nice pair.....Yes, you are very American.......you have the look and the mental state of us "incorrigibles"......

Ole Jayster must be huntin'......our season starts ...?....I don't know, it always was the Monday after Thanksgiving.....may be today......------006 and 3/16's...
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes she was a Quarter horse all right, the Quarter horse I had the privilege to learn Western riding was called Spud he was the European Champion back in 85, Pepsi was fast and loved barrel racing, I'm sure had a sense of humor and would occasionally test me to see if I was glued or not to the saddle... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey now! That thar is a right fittin picture old buddy! Looks good! Just need a Colt SAA on yer hip and a Winchester in the boot! :D

No, I ain't hunting. Thursday morning was it for me.
It warmed up enough this afternoon for me to get the gutters cleaned out. Got all my gear cleaned up and put away. Got the sled back on the trailer.
I got my truck all cleaned up and ready to get the Woolwax put to it on Tuesday. I have to go up and get my stand seats, do some tinkering on the camp, work on trails, and cut some wood. Hopefully we won't get too much snow for a while.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well, the "Jayster" is keeping busy. Hey! How do you clean the gutters? I clean ours out about 4 times a year and it takes maybe 3 minutes to do it.......climb on the roof with an Ego leaf blower and blow and walk at the same time.....when I get to the downspouts, I blast them and look for the proper amount of air coming out of the bottom end. I love the Ego leaf blower and use it much more than the gasoline Stihl.....the Ego has a "blast button" where you rest your thumb and like twice the amount of air comes out.....

It will eat up a full battery charge in 5 minutes when it's on "blast" but for the most part will last 20 minutes, more than enough time to clean everything up around the house....and what the hell, if it goes dead I go the the "battery cabinet" where I have another half dozen charged up batteries.

I tell ya Jay....it's been 6 years since I retired and it was a hard, very hard, transition but I look back at all of the aggravation now and wonder how I dealt with life in those days.....you'll be there in a few.....eliminating 90% of my former "associates" was my best choice I ever did.....---0014

Someone around here just got a new black corvette......must have gone up and down the road 20 times in the last hour....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha well I did mine with a garden trowel and a bucket. Mine were full of ice so I couldn't blow them out with the leaf blower. Would have been easier though. Trouble is, by the time all the leaves are down, stuff is usually freezing. Not always though.

Yeah. I can't wait to get outta there. I should be going in tonight, but my buddy didn't so I said screw it.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Gutters.... :evil: ....after cleaning my gutters for 40 years , the last twenty with a leaf blower I had enough. some of My gutters are over 12' off the ground and I don't need to fall at My age. I have three 80' pin oaks right out the back door , a huge sugar maple on the east side of the house . two years ago I called the leaf filter guys that are on t.v. all the time. they only wanted $4,300 to do my little house and garage. :shock: .
After I came to My senses I shopped around and found a company near Cleveland , Flexpoint . I ordered right from them and installed their gutter covers myself. took about a day & half. I'm not much of a handy man but it was straightforward and easy. wish I knew about them years ago! Oh and My house,garage and new shed cost me $250. http://flexxpointdirect.com/
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've seen those, but always figured the snow would pile on them and freeze. I figured it would just ice up more at the eaves than not having them. If we didn't get so much snow, I'd have them in a minute.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Last week we only got about 1' of heavy wet snow here. Erie 50 mi from here got 30". last winter when ice built up on the gutter covers I took a long aluminum pole and wacked the edge of the gutters with it. the ice broke up and I was able to push and slide it off of the covers without much problem. it sure beats having clogged gutters full of ice. living 2 miles from Lake Erie We can easily get loads of snow at anytime.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good to know 45. Thanks.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Tragedy struck today. I'm still in shock.

Just got off the phone from getting the news.

My buddy Six called to tell me he has been BANNED!
Didn't know why. Went to log on to talk to his buds....just a normal day........BANG! More senseless internet violence.

As Six's friend, I feel I have to do "something".

Some colored ribbon to wear......?
A candlelight vigil......?
T-shirts.......?
A Go Fund Me page.....?
Some sort of online wake or service........?

I just have to take some time and process all this.
I will have to do something NICE. Who could be against that?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just checked the moderator log, sure enough old Six bit the dust again.… :roll: strangely it had nothing to do with Rossi's or Heritage Rough Riders.... :o
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun Strong!

It's time for "common sense keyboard control".

Enough is Enough!

It could be any one of us!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I writing to Joe Biden so don't worry Jay, I'm sure he will sort it out promptly just as soon as he's fixed inflation..... :wink:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:20 pm I writing to Joe Biden so don't worry Jay, I'm sure he will sort it out promptly just as soon as he's fixed inflation..... :wink:
Good idea my friend!
How can't that help? It shows how concerned you are about today's social issues and injustices.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I must of missed what happened... We cooked a 18lb turkey in the oven and a 10 lb. standing rib on the charcoal grill on Thanksgiving......I was in a food coma ever since... :D ..I've been cutting meat for 50 years and never had a better piece of Beef.
I hope Six comes back Soon!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

To those of us still on the Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect thread I will be off line from the 5th Dec to the 8th Dec so between those dates behave yourselves and don't shoot anything that I wouldn't shoot...... :D
I have arranged for a removal truck for next Monday and I'm still throwing out stuff I didn't know I'd got.... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hope the move goes well.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:46 am Hope the move goes well.
Thanks OS, it's been a rough three months but hopefully the future will prove interesting. :wink:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I am sure, a new adventure in a new place likely with some new people.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks for the heads up buddy! I'd of been worried there was another casualty. :D

Hope it all goes smoothly bud.
Oh......if when you're sorting out all that stuff to throw out, you find some pre-war Winchesters, just send em on over to ole Jay.
Your old buddy......good friend........always has your back.
Pal......brother in arms....... :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If I find any prewar Winchesters I make sure you get them before old Six reappears.... :lol:
I'm worried that some of my toys may have to go due to crazy security laws, the place I'm going to is tiny and I'm not sure I can take my safe, may have to buy a much smaller gun safe which means goodbye to the ones I don't use much... :( darn UK gun law,they even make owning the ones we can have difficult.. … :twisted:

Anyway if the worst happens they do say "beware of the man with only one gun"... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well that sucks man. Well......just get rid of the dining room table, TV, refrigerator........whatever it takes. Then you'll have room for your safe! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm not too bothered, few years ago I was into black powder pistols and muzzleloading shotguns as well as leveractions of course, when I wasn't hunting I was at the range, nowadays I have slowed down and since my son got married and moved away I now shoot on my own and enjoy walking through the woods and fields, don't care if I never fire a shot just happy to be out in the fresh air.
Over the last few years I have sold off most of my guns and now only have a few beaters that aren't worth much. Unlike Sixgun I have never really invested much in guns, working for Westley Richards I got to shoot very expensive guns that I knew I could never afford and somehow I got pleasure at weekends hunting with junk but still filling the bag, junk being junk it was easy to let it go and buy different junk just to try it out, nearly always losing money on the deal but boy over the years I have owned all sorts of weird and wonderful guns from at least 15 different countries and still looking to buy more.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

V6Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

I hear you buddy. I'm quite sure I could get by nicely with a 94 carbine, a 16ga double, and one SAA or my Python.
Like you, I just enjoy being out in the woods bumming around.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Holy Stuff...stop talking about all of the junk Gamekeeper. when Six is back there will be He&& to pay. ! I hope your move goes well and I want a full report on the Pub and let Us know what beer is on Tap when Your there. won't be long and I see more places to Hunt. :D .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, what have you liked best of what you have had or shot?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:32 am Holy Stuff...stop talking about all of the junk Gamekeeper. when Six is back there will be He&& to pay. ! I hope your move goes well and I want a full report on the Pub and let Us know what beer is on Tap when Your there. won't be long and I see more places to Hunt. :D .
Now THERE is a man with his priorities straight.

Sometimes my hectic life makes me lose sight.
Thank you for setting me straight 45. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:16 am Gk, what have you liked best of what you have had or shot?
That's a difficult question to answer, the one's I wish I still had were obviously not important until I realised I didn't have them anymore :oops: like my Savage 24 .22 over .410 that could be my one and only gun if I'd kept it. Over the years I have owned 10 Leverguns 6 b/a rifles and 3 semi autos out of those a Uberti 73 SRC I miss the most.
Shotguns, I have owned far more than I can remember, everything from English SxSs and a handmade Italian double to Mossberg b/a and pumps, the Remington 28 gauge was one I would like back but some of the cheap single barrel shotguns got the most use, the shotgun I definitely shouldn't have sold was a Beretta O/U 12 gauge straight stock double trigger, broke my heart to see that one go but a divorce came between us. I miss my black powder pistols and some of my muzzleloading shotguns too.
It has always been my misfortune to desperately need that NEW gun more the ones I had used and loved, been that way since aged twelve and being addicted to American Gun Magazines.
I guess as I started out with a single barrel shotgun I will always love their rugged simplicity, I have taken everything from mice to deer with them so I am happy with a single barrel shotgun for most of what I need a gun for now.
UK law won't allow me to own real personal protection so IFa single shot and a very bad attitude is all I have to defend myself with then so be it.... :wink:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Oldwin, Glad I could be of some Help in these trying times.! :D I bet the Pub where GK is moving has some great Beer's on Tap. If the political climate on travel wasn't so bad I would tell Momma were going to England . She would drop everything. Just like the Beverly Hillbilly's here We come GK.!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, the beers at the new pub at the undisclosed location could be interesting.

The single barrel shotgun take is a surprise. Were you to come here you could have the Eastern Arms 16 ga. I got for $75 and have never shot. There was a time when a hardware store or whatever could order a certain amount of these and have their brand stamped on them. I have a Stevens 16 ga. I have not shot either. I guess what I have used the most is an 870 3” 20 ga. with that rough finish and birch stock. Naturally points for me. One day I shot chukar, quail and duck with it from 4,000 to 7,000 elev. in the Ridgecrest, Ca. area. I think they call it the Express.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Range report on beer as soon I can... :D

OS my Remington 28 gauge was an express model but did what was asked of it.. 8)

I had a Stevens 16 gauge with a 32" barrel I stupidly gave it away before I knew I was on the move, I have a gaugemate 16 to 410 so it would have been useful if I get reduced to just one gun for a while.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A nice thing about the Express is the lack of concern for the finish. I have a Marlin 410 lever you would like. The 20 is on the light frame. Used it in a light misty rain to hunt pheasants up in Tehachapi. Joked we were hunting the moors, wet cold day.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, the beast of Exmoor, 7’ nose to tail, 2.5’ hug at the shoulder. Many local animals have been killed.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nothing a load of buckshot wouldn't sort out but I hope the Beast doesn't come my way I would probably have to move again if the locals found out that I'd shot it... :lol:
eb4d9485422ca2d27ad29bf0259d0159_c_1221417838_raw.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now there is an interesting libation, quite the opposite of Coors Light. :o

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Oh Lord Give Me Strength........The Four Ale Tap room , :shock: ...From The Dark side of the Moor ....6.6%... :D . How can it be that I'm so far away but so near. Life Just isn't fair . I want the Exmoor Beast! Oldwin surly You Can HELP............................
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, search for Exmoor Beast brought this up. With fair winds and following seas this might get you over here.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It sure looks more seaworthy than the inflatable crocodile I was going to attempt a pond crossing with..... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Actually got to the range today. Shot my old Springfield 1911, my Python, and was going to test fire an 1100 Remington 12ga. I worked on for a buddy.
Didn't get to fire the 1100. I had stripped it and cleaned out 40 years of gunk. The O-ring was toast, and I tried to source one locally but it was a no go. I didn't notice at home, but it stopped the bolt from going into battery. I would have tried it without it but it's a magnum and needs all the help it can get to cycle 2.75" shells. Especially when it's 25 degrees. I ordered a few of the correct ones from Amazon.
My old 1911 is another story. That old thing is incredible. It runs like a champ and seems like it can't miss. The kicker is that I have messed with it a lot. It's been a total guinea pig. It was a GI and I cut the frame and fitted a beavertail. I've fitted a thumb safety, a trigger, an extractor, changed all the springs, mainspring housing....I also fitted my first barrel in this pistol. I trust it with my life.
The Python is shooting well and the action is smoothing up even more. Double action from 25 yards 8s no problem. Today was lackluster because I was using up some garbage ammo I had. They were plated bullets. Usually I have excellent results, but these I may have overcrimped a bit.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad You were able to get out Oldwin . Yup the 1911 is amazing . I have My Grandfathers that He carried in France in WW 1 , and another Remington Rand that was Given to Me by a high ranking military officer. the Rand seems to shoot smoother but Gramps Always shoots every time . A testament to John Browning.

Old Savage, could You tell more about those knives ? Any markings on the blade? I wish they could Talk.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No 45, no markings on the blades, both sides look the same. My grandfather bought the farm in 1913 from an in law. He died in 1941. My father took over at age 22. I seriously doubt that anything was bought after that. These were always in my grandmother’s knife drawer and were the oldest looking.

The farm house was built in the mid 1860s and with the family transfer of ownership they could have been part of the farm before 1913.

They are clearly forged carbon steel in my opinion, probably close to if not a hundred years old. The steel you see was with them.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:20 pm Glad You were able to get out Oldwin . Yup the 1911 is amazing . I have My Grandfathers that He carried in France in WW 1 , and another Remington Rand that was Given to Me by a high ranking military officer. the Rand seems to shoot smoother but Gramps Always shoots every time . A testament to John Browning.

Old Savage, could You tell more about those knives ? Any markings on the blade? I wish they could Talk.
That is absolutely fantastic buddy! I'd love a military 1911. Of all the 1911s I've had and have, 8ve never had one. Closest thing I've had was an Argentine. And I gave that to my oldest boy.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well 1911s, had a couple Series 70s Colts but this is better. Springfield Armory military clone from 89. Hat these sights put on, filed the left side of the grip safety so it wouldn’t bite my thumb. Put in what is called a Group Gripper kit. About 5,000 through it. Shot various GI versions in the Army and NG.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Awesome Stuff !
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

45, experience with or knowledge of this kind or period of knife?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just been told by my WiFi provider that they can't hook me up until the 15th Dec... :evil: I sure am going to miss you guys... :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 am Just been told by my WiFi provider that they can't hook me up until the 15th Dec... :evil: I sure am going to miss you guys... :(
Hey, hey now! That's just not acceptable. Don't they know what a pivotal role you play here!
Did you tell them that I was going to be upset? That should do it.