This is a Gun Cart!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

This is a Gun Cart!

Post by Griff »

All the knowledgeable cowboy action shooters know that a good gun cart makes a day at the range easier, simpler, and an all around pleasurable experience. Unless your gun cart isn't properly designed for the terrain at the range. Cowboy ranges run the gamut from paved asphalt or concrete, grass, mud, or rock of all sizes, the usual being 1" - 1-½" typical of the "rock" road variety. Some cowboys have their carts set up like 3-wheeled stroller carriages, of the type a jogging parent might use, to two wheeled monstrosities standing 6' or thereabouts. Some are as simple as a box on a dolly, with nice wide tires to bicycle tires.

Any of which is challenge for me, after having the meniscus removed from my right knee 40 years ago. The resulting arthritis has become nearly unbearable if I have to walk more'n 50 yards. So I built the handicapped version of a gun cart. I have yet to find where it won't go, with ease and aplomb!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhkg0zjMyY

Earlier this year, the engine seized up, (totally my fault, lack of oil does that to internal combustion engines)! :oops: Took over 4 months to get the oversized rings in, and now they're listed as "no longer available," so this better be the last time I need to do this. :twisted:

This means that when I go to the range tomorrow, I'll be able to use the 100 & 200 yard lines. :)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Re: This is a Gun Cart!

Post by pshort »

Hi Griff,
I watched your video, nice job, and subscribed to your channel......
If you recall, I live about 10 mi north of Little Falls, MN.....
If you ever get up this way again, let me know.. The Camp Ripley
museum has a bunch of new stuff .....
I hope you make it up this way again.......

Thanks,

Paul
Short
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thank you Paul. I remember, but forgive if I wanna wait til warmer weather!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Dang right! That'll do the job.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Griff, if that one poops out again, find yourself a nice old Fairbanks Morse hit-n-miss. A little more "in the spirit of the game" ... 8)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Looks fun even without the Shooting......... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Reminds me of years ago when I was invited to participate in the "NW Kansas Schools Of Mission". I pulled into the parking lot of a certain church and walked up to the office. The secretary said, "You just missed Howard!" (the minister) "He took off just a couple minutes ago for the golf course!" She gave me quick instructions on how to get there and I took off. Fortunately the third hole was right by the parking lot - and that's where we both arrived at about the same time. So I proceeded to ride the rest of the course with him. He was "playing golf to relax" - but I never figured out how that worked. He'd tee up and whack the ball. Almost before it stopped rolling we were back in the cart and he'd peel out chasing the tiny sphere down the course. He made quick work of the remaining six holes on the course and we got to chat a little bit. I couldn't understand him chasing that little ball "to relax", nor could he understand my concept of relaxing by the practice of triggernometry! That little gas powered cart he was driving was something else and I can see how it'd be handy for making the rounds on a CAS course!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

I saw a three wheeled jogging stroller on the curb near where I live with a piece of paper taped to it with “Free” written on it. I loaded it into my Ranger, now it serves as my N-SSAcart. All I did was add a bungee cord to it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

junkbug wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:52 pmI saw a three wheeled jogging stroller on the curb near where I live with a piece of paper taped to it with “Free” written on it. I loaded it into my Ranger, now it serves as my N-SSAcart. All I did was add a bungee cord to it.
Love it when things are priced right!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I needed some "stewing time" to actually believe it. Griff actually has a You Tube page! Shocked beyond all imagining!

Still trying to adjust!!! :o :lol:

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:03 amI needed some "stewing time" to actually believe it. Griff actually has a You Tube page! Shocked beyond all imagining!
Still trying to adjust!!! :o :lol:
-Tutt
:lol: :lol: They're great for sharing videos with friends & family.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!