Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Finished up the outside Tuesday morning.
Wednesday, as I said, we went up to the lot and I got some stuff home done.
Yesterday, we hit the flooring place and scored a piece of linoleum. Didn't get it till today, so we will put it in next week. Monday, we found out about a place for cheap paneling, so we will check that out. I ordered the mattresses for the bunks. We will have to build those and the counter.
I scrounged three sections of metalbestos stove pipe and the top cap from a buddy. We will have to get the stove in too.
I also am waiting for word from the junk yard on some scissor Jack's so I can level it once it's in place.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Looks great Jay.......nobody knows the wrk that went into it like the guys who built it.......on the mattresses, we used to build bunk beds with 2x6's etc and install an open spring. Each guy would bring his own blanket to put between the spring and his sleeping bag. Mattresses attract all kinds of vermin but that's your business.

Don't forget a smoke detector and a methane alarm. Somebody lights up a cigarette and you'll be building all over again.---Ill probably see the flash......---00
Model A Uzi’s
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Looks good.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We had our camp for twenty years and never had mice. We built it tight. We also never insulated the floor. Nothing draws mice like insulation.
We did the trailer the same way. Time will tell I suppose. We will see.
My biggest apprehension so far is the roof. I don't know.....maybe it'll work out. I wouldn't do it again though.

Thanks harry.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow Jay that looks impressive can't wait to see what the inside will be like..... :D

Got a place to see this afternoon, looks okay with 4.3 acres attached but not part of the deal......Yet ..... 🐇
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK.......the insides are going to be tight with all of the stripper poles Jay's putting in.....then there's the back area where the couch dances are performed. The sparkling rotating disco ball will be in the middle but up high....... wet bar area will be fine as the kegs wil be outside with the tap on the inside....(I actually saw one of these). The sleeping quarters will be outside in a tent until around 4 a.m. when the party winds down...

Well, good to see things are coming together for you. Wouldn't be a bad time right now to start spreading cracked corn to bring the squirrels closer to you......come spring there will be unlimited fun...----006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

With all that fun and games in Jay's trailer will there be any time and energy for hunting :?: and what if Kristy finds out.... :shock:

The 4.3 acre plot doesn't look promising, extra monthly payments not mentioned and the place was a bit basic to say the least.... so the squirrels there will probably not be feeling any hot lead from me... :( I'm waiting to see another property about 140 miles away at the end of the month.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now you boys see why I wanted 8ft ceilings!
No problem.... I told Kristy the stripper pole was for her! :D
I'll be some glad to get this thing done and in the woods though. Seems like it's all ive been doing forever. Dad is some excited over it, though. And that has been my whole reason for this project. That, and the kids and grandkids.
And......! All my pals on LG! :D

Sending good Juju on this next place, John. A hundred and 40 miles away? Is that a part of the country you like? Will it make a climate difference?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

140 miles north in a rather hilly part of Herefordshire/ Worcestershire border means more snow but not enough to worry about. The beer is better up there too... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

ORe: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:22 pm 140 miles north in a rather hilly part of Herefordshire/ Worcestershire border means more snow but not enough to worry about. The beer is better up there too... :D
Well I've heard all I need to! Hills and beer! Hopefully this is the one, my friend.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Lordy...oh Lordy....when GK said, "wait till Kristy finds out" the first thought that came to my mind is ,"heck, she'd be great for that kind of work, but it was demeaning, disrespectful, and you don't talk that way about your buddies wife. So I decided I was going to say, "She will be there to take the cover charges, bartend, and be the bouncer all in one."

On a serious note, I've been in dozens of different deer, turkey, and elk camps and one thing is for sure....as soon as a woman is involved, it's no longer fun.....my BIL always brought his wife up to their own vacation log cabin upstate and would invite a mess of guys to hunt......one time......I had it.........everyone has to watch their language, kick off boots before entering, watch where you put your beer can and cigarette......I mean like,,,,extra careful and low key.

My buddy , the other Gunny was fanatical about cleanliness at his place upstate and I found myself more tense after leaving than arriving....not to mention the place was a real deal S.H.....mice, bugs, floor falling through, etc...

The best camp is YOURS, like Jays
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. It's absolutely true! When you go with the boys, it HAS to be the boys.
My wife and I are best of friends. We get along great and love each other's company. When dad is gone, or too old, Kristy will go with me. But.....it will be just us.
If I go with the boys, it'll be just the boys and I.

That's just how it is. Life is more enjoyable when you don't question certain truths.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea ...yea...I agree......on a different note I'm watching this Western made in 1956 with Glen Ford and there's about five guys with really nice early Colts and on a close up I noticed some marks on them and dang, I have two of 'em!

I'm 20 miles from Philly and I can hear the gunshots.... :D there will be a population decrease tomorrow....--0
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I dont doubt that buddy. You got better stuff than most.
Well, at least it's usually the right kind decreasing. Seems there is always more though.

We had a high speed chase in town last Wednesday. That's some big doins round here.
Some 48 yo woman was driving all erratic out in Cornville. Someone called the cops and reported her. They couldn't find her, but they noticed the car at a store about a half mile from my house. It's where I usually gas up. So the cop follows her into town. She must have seen the cop and got panicky. She takes off passing cars right on Water St, the main drag headed east out of town. She turns onto the Malbons Mills Rd. The cop said she was all over the road so he backed off. A mile up the road, the car is upside down out in a corn field.
This chick was a regular outlaw. Driving after suspension, criminal charges, multiple OUI's.... And, of course, she was hammered this time too.
Man, I tell ya.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You know, I can't help but laugh......me and mom roaring......."Cornville"....multiple dui's, ........... :D

Good thing she didn't end up in your dooryard!

Stupid...stupid......she's in the store parking lot....see's a cop coming......grab the keys and sneak away......"I don't know who drove my car there.".....or......just shut the f.up..........be a lot cheaper in the long run.....

Well, another nice day........got more work to do on my vise collection.......---00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I figured you'd get a kick outta that one buddy. She must be a real sweetheart. She musta been swillin "Gorilla Milk" (Allen's Coffee Brandy).
Cornville is the next "town". It sits north and east of us. There isn't a "town", it's just an area. But at least it has a name. Many up north don't. It's just gridded off into townships, but it's just woods. Many are in coordinates. Like "T3 R4". Some have names. Some of these are pretty original haha.

Weeee doggie! It's a hick paradise up here. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Corneille? :D Well, down the road about 40 miles we have "Intercourse" and "Bird in Hand", both Amish communities.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Intercourse? :shock:
The people who live there are screwed! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

They must be, Jayster.......going past any Amish farm will show about 20 kids outside......but......they are working and not hanging out on the porch eating cheap pizza or guzzling cheaper wine, nor are they throwing rocks at nice cars...... :D

Well....rain is coming.......leaves are turning........drove the Rubi 4 miles today!!!!.....there's nothing like 4th gear with 33's and a .410 rear for plain cruising....instant power...perfect for running over Prius's......wonder how those Flordians are making out with their electric cars. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Our leaves are raining down bigtime now!

You, my friend, are correctamundo on that score! A Rubi on 33s with those gears loves 4th gear. The TJ is probably the best balanced Jeep ever made. Very good balance for an all around rig.

I got the floor in today. Not too bad.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! Super constructed......like you said, "tight all the way around". (Can I have it)

I know my suggestions don't mean much as you are way ahead of me on redneck improvements.......how about this????..a pull down ladder like I have to get to the attic? Be easy for two guys to sleep up there and store their junk with lots of room to spare....you could box it out and frame it in the middle with each guy having one long end each........like 10' long and the width of the ceiling....

Just a thought Mr. Redneck Sr. while the framing is still open.......Redneck Jr.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's not as roomy up there as it looks. The trusses aren't very high. We will use it as storage though. We are going to leave it open as it looks now. At each end there is a sheet of OSB, making a small "loft" on each end. I put those there to screw to the walls and trusses, thereby tying everything together and making it stronger. Mostly because there are no interior walls.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

On da flow, da linoleum.......at least you didn't have 17 cutouts to measure!.....you gonna run a runner around the perimeter so they don't peel up?

OK, I see the ends of the "loft"...makes sense....

I'm getting my vises done........pretty soon I'll open up the combination "Vise, Jeep, Kubota, Hammer, Hatchet, Axe, Splitting Maul and Wheelbarrow Museum". I bought a new double wheeled wheelbarrow like my other one a couple of months ago.....I don't use it as it's bright and shiny.

After I sucker the people in, I'll have a separate entry and charge for the Winchester & Colt Museum.-----006 and 11/16 th's
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes. I will put mop boards down around the walls. That will hold the floor down. If the floor need to be replaced, just unscrew the mop boards and the floor comes out.
The walls will be paneling. No joint straps, just paneling put up with sheet rock screws. The paneling will sit on top of the mop boards, that way the panels can be removed easily if you need to do wiring or insulation or whatever.
Everything is easily accessible, repairable, or replacable. Keeping it simple and efficient.

Ha! A museum. Good idea. Put one of those airport parking lot gates at the end of the driveway. They get their ticket, the gate opens.
But they can't get back out till their wallet is empty. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The trailer is coming along really well, I'm impressed..... :D

I'd buy a ticket to Six's museum but would be sure to wear a Buffalo coat.... :wink:

I don't want to count my chickens yet but I have just spoken to a nice lady who wants a tenant who can walk her Labrador and look after ducks and is handy with a chainsaw. I'm going to meet her on Monday. She also said she would like me to thin out the Squirrels, it seems too good to be true so like I said, I'm not counting my chickens.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, hope that one turns out for you. Beautiful fall weather here in Cali.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sending good Juju GK. I hope this one works out buddy.

We drove down to South China (the town, not the commie country) and scored 16 sheets of paneling (all we'll need) at Lakeview Lumber. It's a discount hardware place where you have to rummage around. We got it for half of what it would cost at Home Cheapo.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK, It WILL work out. I don't think you realize that you are a special commodity in the U.K......like, how many guys can pay the rent, sap squirrels, walk the dog, and has extensive experience with wildlife? She may also like you so be prepared to be an occasional "Service Man of the Night."

You won't need a ticket...you guys will get free admission. It's all nothing more than a pile of old used tools...but good ones, all Plumb, Morgan, Wilton, Vaughn,......I don't have much new stuff around here, new stuff is for rich folk, ......Yes, you can bring a buffalo coat as there is a place in Maine that rents them.

Man! You should have seen Philly last night!!! Now the lawless have these "car rally's." Where they all get together and drag race right through center city! So all of the bros who have ATV's decided to get in on the action and every bro with an ATV, dirt bike, ANYTHING that's an off road vehicle all gather together and are assaulting the cops! Yea.

Even Fox News is public ally calling them "SAVAGES" but not 1899's.----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah! I was talking with a buddy at work yesterday morning. He said he and his wife went down to New Hampshire last weekend and saw all kinds of guys running all over town with motocross bikes. Just like on YouTube! He said there were cops everywhere and they didn't even bother with them.

Now, when we were kids, we did plenty of road runnin with dirt bikes. However.....the cops in NO WAY ignored us and it was usually a one on one thing. Major adrenaline rush.
Yeah, we was a little rowdy back in the day. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'll say....different world back then but I tell ya, even with snowmobiles during a blizzard.....yes, a blizzard was the only time we took to any roads for any distance as we routinely drove down back roads to get to the golf course but that was when they left a few inches of snow on the road...they scrape it now......

Well, here's part of the vise museum when the paid attendees first walk in...They will get to see my workbench, oil filters, air compressor, old rusty nuts and bolts, near empty cans of Kroil, nails, boxes of screws, old paint sprayer, drill press and a whole lot of sockets.---00

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

All quality stuff bro.
Looks like the "rainbow coalition" of vices. :D
Old stuff is the best stuff.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks brother bro....you and I know quality ......and we also know junk.......those vises are Wiltons and Morgan Chicago's......you won't see any vise marked "Rossi" nor "made in China"...........the Morgan's started in 1927-1947 and after that they were stamped with another name...The orange Wilton is stamped May of '76......

Yea....ya get bored sometimes in retirement....like, who has a mess of queer/gay vises?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Everyone has their favorite. Mostly for no particular reason other than quality and taste. I've always liked the Wilton bullet nose, cause..... well...... :D
Sadly, it's not what I have in my garage. I have a Wilton, but not the bullet nose.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Worked this morning...one of the crew called off . easy five hours. take Me up to ten this week. :roll: . :lol: . best part was the ride to get there, poured rain last 24 hours, this morning it was wet snow and howling wind. Hope Your able to get that place Gamekeeper it's right up Your Alley . now I need to find a Rossi vice.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is a nice one.
IMG_0521.JPG
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Rossi and Ruger, the cutting edge of what is actually available. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I could have guessed that Six would have a Rossi vice stashed away. Look at that wonderful patina. :D . That's a beautiful pair O.S. hard to beat a nice Rossi 92. :wink: .!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I see JimT posted a similar pair. I actually have the same model .357 Ruger he shows.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, got it all paneled. Got the stove up out of the cellar and into the trailer. Man! I don't remember that little thing being that heavy!
We put it in so that we can get the location for the chimney and get the hole cut. This will be the last big job before we haul it up.
We have bunks and a counter to finish, but those are no big deal.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks great, amazing.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

First class Jay, that's really something..... :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Looks Really Good Jay! I bet unless it's 40 below those windows will be cracked open as that stove looks like a dandy. :D .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's classy bro....kinda brings a tear to my eye as I well remember when I had that enthusiasm and energy. I went from a cabin to a tent to no hunting............. You done well young man! No insulation or did I miss that? Well, you Mainers don't get cold.....you showed up here in March with a T shirt on....

Happy times ahead for you, pops and the kids.......GUN RACK......you need a gun rack!......(I know it's coming).....

Another suggestion which you may or may not of thought of......3" eye bolts mounted on a steel angle iron on each upper corner to cable it......I don't know your wind situation......but like always, you have it all figured out.....truly wish I was there....

Yesterday I boxed up a mess of scales, presses, dies and a nickel plated parade Krag, 1917 Winchester Enfield, like new factory engraved Ithaca from 1919..., like new pre war Model 62 and the Colt Realtree Anaconda......all guns I bought as investments .....to drop off at the auction house.......got up today and said to myself, "ahh, maybe next week". Guess I sold 20 guns in the last 4-5 years and can't see where I made a dent........(get rid of the junk first) :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. It's a Fisher Baby Bear. We had it in our old camp. It was 24x24 but was heavily insulated. Luckily, that stove is an airtight, so you can keep it down.
We have put NO insulation in this camp. We want to try it first and see how it heats. It will have gas lights also, and they put out a fair amount of heat also. The paneling is put up with sheet rock screws, so if we decide to insulate, we can just pull it down and insulate it. Everything is mad to come apart easily. There are no nails in it. It is all put together with screws.
I'm sure the stove is overkill, but we had it already. My buddy gave me a brand new 25k BTU propane wall heater, but I'm surrounded by 200 acres of free wood. Propane is expensive.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey buddy!
Wind shouldn't be an issue I don't think. It will sit on blocks to get the tires off the ground. I went out to the junk yard and got 6 Scissor jacks out of some Chrysler minivans. They will sit on the blocks and jack on the frame to level it. Put a socket on a cordless drill or impact and wind em right up! Hicks be clever. :D
Wish you was here too, bud! As always, you know my door is open any time. Need a week of quiet (and I mean quiet) I'll give you key and you can move into the camp for a while. Do all the shootin, phartin, and woods loafin you want. :D
I think for the season we will put it on "the corner" where we put the ice shack previously. Next year we will put it in its planned spot at the "gravel pit". Then we will make a little deck in front of the door, and finish a few other odds and ends.

All good stuff buddy. Quality, that would bring good money. Like i say, you can only sell it once. The biggest issue is cash is almost worthless now.

Well I put a starter in The Jolly Green Giant for dad this morning. It went smooth. About a half hour job and the old iron is runnin strong again. The original only lasted 24 years! WTF? :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, that makes sense...deer season is before the weather gets crazy cold anyway.

When my buddy bought that construction trailer I went up and cinder blocked it to get the tires in the air....yea, wasn't easy but the ground was very rocky which helped......it never moved. I used a floor jack and heavy duty bottle jacks......never thought about the scissor jacks. I have two here that I use all the time......I had to rig mine up with 3/4 threaded wheel lugs as they were originally made for a special handle....probably a Rossi car.

When the jack is low, it takes more than my Dewalt 18 volt to move it even on slow.......I had to use a regular ratchet until it was about a third of the way up.....keep in mind I was using it for heavy lifting on the Jeep and the mighty Kubota. A variable speed electric Milwaukee does not hesitate.----00

Yea, those scissor jacks are handy for rednecks......

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea....we "boff" are survivors.....Rednecks with a Masters degree. You tink dat we's boff survivors?--00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh yeah.....we boff......we boff.
Hillbillyin is hard earned knowin'. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Beppity bop yo hoe lika da top.....(just to win 158)
Model A Uzi’s