Browning 1886 vs Turnbull 1886

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tallboy
Levergunner

Browning 1886 vs Turnbull 1886

Post by Tallboy »

Hey,

I'm trying to decide between buying an original Browning 1886 built in 1986, or, a new Turnbull Miroku 1886.

Specifically, I'm *only* interested in build quality, functionality, lever action smoothness, and FIT... With regards to the FINISH, I know people would likely choose Turnbull but honestly I'm on the fence about that, I kind of like the look of the original. I don't want that to be a variable in the equation though, which is why for this post I'd like you to disregard the finish of Turnbull. I can always send an original 86 to Turnbull if I ever really wanted that.

I know they're both made by Miroku but I'm having a very difficult time trying to pick which one to buy. I am unable to hold both in my hand so I need to decide from other people's advice. I'm thinking considering one was made almost 40 years ago that the quality of the current one might be better? But also I know how "modern" appliances and such are so much worse.

I'm most concerned with how well built the gun is, how smooth the action is (I would be open to tuning it with a gunsmith as well), accuracy, if the newer receiver is as strong/stronger (to support hotter loads), etc.

Thanks!
Last edited by Tallboy on Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Browning 1886 vs Turnbull 1886

Post by GunnyMack »

Both were from the same assembly line at the Miroku plant.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

You simply have to decide how much "bling" is worth to you.

The Browning will hold its resale value better, and you could buy 2 or 3 or more Brownings for the same budget as the Turnbull.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

At least, unlike appliances, modern guns don't force you to have a bunch of Bluetooth and WiFi/internet garbage... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Agree with what VanceLW posted above.

Currently I own a Browning 1886 rifle and a carbine. Solid, well made with tight fit, smooth action, and accurate. I would not hesitate to recommend one of the Brownings.

As for action strength, I keep my loads at about Black Powder velocity. A did try some hi-end 1886 level loads for the 300 and 405 grain bullets. Shot well, but I am at the age recoil and muzzle blast is tiring.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I’ve got Miroku made 1886 EL 45-70, Browning 53 32-20, and BLR Takedown 358 Win. All are good machines with nice fit and finish. Did Steve’s Gunz details on the 86 and 53 and had the trigger worked on the BLR. Would prefer oil finish but the gloss is super durable.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

I bought my Winchester 1886 .45-90 in like-new condition and it has performed as expected in Africa and the USA. Solid as a rock! Accurate and with a power range from entry level 45-70 up to upper level Winchester .458 Win Mag. You cannot go wrong when buying a Winchester branded 1886 or a Browning branded 1886. As you can see, I am not the type hunter that cares about "bling" on a hunting rifle.

If you want pretty, then go for it. The 1886 is still a top notch hunting rifle.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I sold my 1986 production Browning 1886 in 1995, due to a financial crunch... it took me 24 years to buy it back. I won't say it's my favorite rifle, but it's pretty darn close. It's still tight, smooth and except for a few dings from knocking around ranges and hunting blinds near perfect!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Tallboy
Levergunner

Post by Tallboy »

Griff wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:07 pm I sold my 1986 production Browning 1886 in 1995, due to a financial crunch... it took me 24 years to buy it back. I won't say it's my favorite rifle, but it's pretty darn close. It's still tight, smooth and except for a few dings from knocking around ranges and hunting blinds near perfect!
What is your favorite rifle?
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

You say don't consider finish ? Thats pretty much main reason to buy the Turnbull rifle. As its how the 1886 would have looked originally with exact period finishes at a fraction of the cost of an original in same condition.
Also I think he offers all of the original calibers.

Don't consider Turnbull's "blinged out" because the finishes they are using are same type as Winchester applied. Rust blued barrels/mag tubes, Bone charcoal case colored receivers/levers/hammers,Nitre blued small parts loading gates,extractors etc.

The Japan made rifles are nicely made don't like the finishes on them as they are too modern looking .Really would consider the Uberti or Chiappa for less money myself over Browning.

Really I would rather have a solid clean original patina Winchester than any of the reproductions and probably come in a same price as the Browning or Turnbull.
Tallboy
Levergunner

Post by Tallboy »

Pat C wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:08 am You say don't consider finish ? Thats pretty much main reason to buy the Turnbull rifle. As its how the 1886 would have looked originally with exact period finishes at a fraction of the cost of an original in same condition.
Also I think he offers all of the original calibers.

Don't consider Turnbull's "blinged out" because the finishes they are using are same type as Winchester applied. Rust blued barrels/mag tubes, Bone charcoal case colored receivers/levers/hammers,Nitre blued small parts loading gates,extractors etc.

The Japan made rifles are nicely made don't like the finishes on them as they are too modern looking .Really would consider the Uberti or Chiappa for less money myself over Browning.

Really I would rather have a solid clean original patina Winchester than any of the reproductions and probably come in a same price as the Browning or Turnbull.
Good point although I was actually considering the fact they take a modern Miroku and remove the rebounding hammer and tang safety, which if you have them do that to a new Miroku is almost the same price as the entire finished gun.

Does Chiappa use the original finish? How does the quality of Chiappa compare to the Browning?
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

You are truly blessed to have such decisions to make..... :D

I'd lean towards the modern one in this case, but I'm nowhere near as
expert as the rest of you.

-Stretch
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

No the Chiappa and Uberti both use modern hot dip bluing and cyanide type color case hardening. Not original.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Little eye candy, here is a current listing from Leroy Merz.

And a nice deluxe sold recently on GB

I've seen a number of Browning's sent in to be reworked to factory Winchester period finishes .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The Turnbull version is nice looking, but if I was choosing it would be the Browning. If I wanted it color cased I'd simply send the barreled action to Al Springer and have him do the color case, and keep the huge difference I saved in my wallet.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I think it all depends on what is really important to you.The Brownings are top notch guns (I have one) and if you are more concerned with just hunting then that’s where I d put my money(also it s nice to put an MVA tang sight on it) and I f you want the period correct finish on it the and have the funds then get the Trumbull.But like they say about bling in motorcycles “Chrome don t get you home”
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

If you buy the Browning, you have very few choices and get a 45/70. I bought a Turnbull, it is my 3rd one. You order the gun like you would from Winchester back in the good old days. Mine is an 1886 with case finish, shotgun butt, 32 inch octagon barrel and chambered in 50/110 Winchester.
You do not have that choice with the Browning. The action is very smooth, no feeding problems and a great trigger pull. I do not have a Browning, however, I do have a Winchester 1886 Deluxe Take down with 26 inch octagon barrel in 45/70. The Turnbull is a better gun in fit, finish and trigger pull and there is no silly tang safety.
Tallboy
Levergunner

Post by Tallboy »

buckeyeshooter wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:52 am If you buy the Browning, you have very few choices and get a 45/70. I bought a Turnbull, it is my 3rd one. You order the gun like you would from Winchester back in the good old days. Mine is an 1886 with case finish, shotgun butt, 32 inch octagon barrel and chambered in 50/110 Winchester.
You do not have that choice with the Browning. The action is very smooth, no feeding problems and a great trigger pull. I do not have a Browning, however, I do have a Winchester 1886 Deluxe Take down with 26 inch octagon barrel in 45/70. The Turnbull is a better gun in fit, finish and trigger pull and there is no silly tang safety.
Can I see some good clear photos of your Turnbull? I honestly am surprised theres no non-marketing high quality videos where I can watch what it -actually- looks like. All the marketing photos and other photos online are for professional reviews and are highly saturated. It's very difficult to just find a normal high quality photo in regular light to see the finish. A lot of times it looks too bright or tacky, but I'm guessing in life it might not actually be like that.

For your Winchester 1886 Deluxe, is it a genuine winchester from 100 years ago, or is it a clone like Chiappa or something?
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

buckeyeshooter wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:52 am If you buy the Browning, you have very few choices and get a 45/70. I bought a Turnbull, it is my 3rd one. You order the gun like you would from Winchester back in the good old days. Mine is an 1886 with case finish, shotgun butt, 32 inch octagon barrel and chambered in 50/110 Winchester.
The Browning has no tang safety.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Tallboy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 pmWhat is your favorite rifle?
A 1978 production Winchester mdl 94 that I converted to a bull barrel 26" rifle with custom wood The barrel is .850" across the octagon flats from the breech to the muzzle. It wears a Smith Enterprises tang sight and a modified early Shiloh Sharps globe front sight. I had the receiver CCH'd and fitted the wood myself, although I had a gun builder do the headspacing for the barrel, then assembled it myself. Best group I've ever had was ¾" @ 100 yards with my handloads.
tang sight.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

vancelw wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:20 pm
The Browning has no tang safety.
I am aware of that. The Winchester does however.
Tallboy
Levergunner

Post by Tallboy »

Griff wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm
Tallboy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 pmWhat is your favorite rifle?
A 1978 production Winchester mdl 94 that I converted to a bull barrel 26" rifle with custom wood The barrel is .850" across the octagon flats from the breech to the muzzle. It wears a Smith Enterprises tang sight and a modified early Shiloh Sharps globe front sight. I had the receiver CCH'd and fitted the wood myself, although I had a gun builder do the headspacing for the barrel, then assembled it myself. Best group I've ever had was ¾" @ 100 yards with my handloads.

tang sight.JPG
I'm glad to see someone else who had something similar in mind. I really want a 45 colt with a 24" octagon barrel, but this configuration literally doesnt exist for Browning/new winchesters. Its always something very close but no cigar. For example 24" octagon is on a takedown model and a pistol grip on new winchester, neither of which I want. On a browning it seems to only be 20" barrel.

I was thinking of somehow just having a gunsmith redo the barrel. Is that common, and is that an 'easy' task for a gunsmith? Or will a non-factory barrel be weird coloring and not perfectly the same?
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

vancelw wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:02 pm You simply have to decide how much "bling" is worth to you.

The Browning will hold its resale value better, and you could buy 2 or 3 or more Brownings for the same budget as the Turnbull.
Guess you are not aware there are Turnbull Collectors in the world? I paid $2450. for my 92 takedown deluxe with case finish, 24 inch octagon and in 44-40. Try and order one now, they run about $4500. and I could probably sell it for a bit more as there is not a 2 year wait to get it.

Do you think the Browning will yield a better return?
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Tallboy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:13 pm
Can I see some good clear photos of your Turnbull? I honestly am surprised theres no non-marketing high quality videos where I can watch what it -actually- looks like. All the marketing photos and other photos online are for professional reviews and are highly saturated. It's very difficult to just find a normal high quality photo in regular light to see the finish. A lot of times it looks too bright or tacky, but I'm guessing in life it might not actually be like that.

For your Winchester 1886 Deluxe, is it a genuine winchester from 100 years ago, or is it a clone like Chiappa or something?
The 1886 is a JapChester from Winchester purchased from "Gallery of Guns", Shot Show Special, this was a 250 gun run ( I think) in the early 2000's.

Unfortunately, my good photos are on photobucket, which went to hades several years ago and unlike other groups I can't load the ones on the pc without a host. Here is the link to the account https://app.photobucket.com/u/buckeyeshooter1 perhaps you can view them, there are 11 photos in the account of this gun.
Tallboy
Levergunner

Post by Tallboy »

buckeyeshooter wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:04 am
Tallboy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:13 pm

The 1886 is a JapChester from Winchester purchased from "Gallery of Guns", Shot Show Special, this was a 250 gun run ( I think) in the early 2000's.

Unfortunately, my good photos are on photobucket, which went to hades several years ago and unlike other groups I can't load the ones on the pc without a host. Here is the link to the account https://app.photobucket.com/u/buckeyeshooter1 perhaps you can view them, there are 11 photos in the account of this gun.

Wow... I knew it. So that coloring is so much more subdued than the marketing photos. That looks a lot better. Thats what I'm saying it's really hard to get a good photo of what it looks like because they're all so different :(
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Two of my favouritelevers my browning 86 and my Winchester 95 carbine
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

Browning all the way!
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Hello fellow lever riflemen and women.

I just joined this forum 5 minutes ago and can't help but jump in here.

I have a very early USRA New Haven (Miroku) 1886 Takedown with a 26" octogon barrel. I bought it through GB in Feb of 2021 and dropped it off with Turnbull in June of 2021 to be made into the rifle of my dreams. I live about 2.5hrs from their shop so I could drop it off in person.

The work I had done was the full gamett, bone charcoal CCH of the receiver, forend cap, buttplate and lever. Rust blued barrel, mag tube and the nitre blue on all the small bits as is customary. I also opted for Winchester F pattern checkering, re-chamber to 45-90WCF and delete the tang safety. To say I am impressed with their work would be a massive understatement. Every detail is 100% spot on and executed by hand with real old world craftsmanship. The CCH is unique, no two rifles come out looking the same. I couldn't be happier with the service I got, and yes, she shoots straight and true and the action is like a smooth bank vault.

Now I will say that I will add a Browning 71 High Grade to my modest little collection. It's another beauty that I would love to own.

Let's see if I can figure out how to upload a couple pics.
Last edited by RIDERED350r on Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

buckeyeshooter wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:51 am
vancelw wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:02 pm You simply have to decide how much "bling" is worth to you.

Guess you are not aware there are Turnbull Collectors in the world? I paid $2450. for my 92 takedown deluxe with case finish, 24 inch octagon and in 44-40. Try and order one now, they run about $4500. and I could probably sell it for a bit more as there is not a 2 year wait to get it.

Do you think the Browning will yield a better return?
I'm aware.
I'm also aware that they aren't making the Brownings anymore, while Turnbull still "makes" more.
Percentage wise, the Browning is a better investment.
4 or 5 Brownings are even better.

"Probably" means nothing. Something is only worth what it brings when actually sold.
Last edited by vancelw on Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to the campfire RIDERED350r nice looking shooting iron you have, beautiful... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Ridered,
Welcome aboard! Also congrats on your beautiful rifle!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Barbarossa,
My two favorite big bore lever guns are also the 1886 45-90 and 1895 in .405. Both were successful in Africa and America. Both will get a workout this fall too.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. It's good to see some familiar names I know from other forums I've been on for a good while.

Back to the Turnbull rifles and something that might be useful information for those questioning the retained value of the Turnbull Mirokus vs the Browning rifles. Granted, the Browning's haven't been produced for nearly 40 years and what's out there in the wild is what we have. That said, when I was at Turnbulls shop I was having conversation with my sales rep and I mentioned that new production Winchester lever rifles seem to sell out rather quickly after their yearly production run. The rep then told me that only 2000 new 1886 are produced annually and Turnbull buys 200 of them to do what they do with them. While yes, they are still in production, with those low numbers I don't see the market ever being flooded with them and prices/value going down much if at all. I was told this back in February when I picked mine up from their shop.

Just figured I would throw that out there
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When I was considering getting a high-end large bore maximum power lever gun to do the things my Marlin 'Guide Gun' could be forced to do but weren't really within its design capabilities, I came across the Big Horn Armory model 89, which is a hybrid between the 92 and 86 designs, thus the moniker (halfway in between).

It has absolutely nothing to offer if you are into a traditional levergun, but if you want something that can withstand high pressure due to modern metallurgy based on a shortened 1886 design, they're offerings in 454 casull and 500 Smith & Wesson are awesome.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

I hold Big Horn Armory in very high regard as well. I've seen one in person myself. You can spec one out in all of the old school options, octogon barrel, high grade checkered stocks, and CCH finish. Although I'm not 100% sure if their CCH finish is the modern method or the old way. Either way, a nicely equipped BHA can easily flirt with a $5000 price tag. Very cool rifles though. I have a Smith and Wesson 460 revolver, the thought of a lever rifle to pair with it is always on the back burner.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

RIDERED350r wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:50 pm Hello fellow lever riflemen and women.

I have a very early USRA New Haven (Miroku) 1886 Takedown with a 26" octogon barrel. I bought it through GB in Feb of 2021 and dropped it off with Turnbull in June of 2021 to be made into the rifle of my dreams. I live about 2.5hrs from their shop so I could drop it off in person.

The work I had done was the full gamett, bone charcoal CCH of the receiver, forend cap, buttplate and lever. Rust blued barrel, mag tube and the nitre blue on all the small bits as is customary. I also opted for Winchester F pattern checkering, re-chamber to 45-90WCF and delete the tang safety. To say I am impressed with their work would be a massive understatement. Every detail is 100% spot on and executed by hand with real old world craftsmanship. The CCH is unique, no two rifles come out looking the same. I couldn't be happier with the service I got, and yes, she shoots straight and true and the action is like a smooth bank vault.

Now I will say that I will add a Browning 71 High Grade to my modest little collection. It's another beauty that I would love to own.

Beautiful rifle !!
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

You might like to call Turnbull to verify this, but my understanding is that the 1886 rifles they produce these days are based on the Chiappa rifles/actions. I recall reading that Turnbull had Chiappa make all the parts with the original threads (not metric), one piece firing pins etc., so that parts interchange with original Winchesters. The actions are received as a box of parts and they are finished and hand assembled by Turnbull. A custom from Turnbull is like buying one from the Winchester custom shop.

They can also rework the Miroku rifles, which is what they did originally.

I have a Browning 1886 SRC and really like it. I swapped out the carbine buttstock for one off a Win-oku EL and that made a huge difference to comfort and handling.

While the Browning doesn’t have the rebounding hammer or tang safety of the later Win-oku rifles, it does have a two piece firing pin.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

JFE wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:45 am You might like to call Turnbull to verify this, but my understanding is that the 1886 rifles they produce these days are based on the Chiappa rifles/actions. I recall reading that Turnbull had Chiappa make all the parts with the original threads (not metric), one piece firing pins etc., so that parts interchange with original Winchesters. The actions are received as a box of parts and they are finished and hand assembled by Turnbull. A custom from Turnbull is like buying one from the Winchester custom shop.

They can also rework the Miroku rifles, which is what they did originally.

I have a Browning 1886 SRC and really like it. I swapped out the carbine buttstock for one off a Win-oku EL and that made a huge difference to comfort and handling.

While the Browning doesn’t have the rebounding hammer or tang safety of the later Win-oku rifles, it does have a two piece firing pin.

I was told directly by Turnbull when I was in their shop I
Feb that they purchase 200 of the 2000 Winchester Miroku 1886s made every year for their operation. They also buy new Winchester Miroku 1892s as well, but how many 92s they buy I'm not sure of. In fact I got to compare a brand new Winchester Miroku 92 Deluxe Takedown Trapper as it comes from Winchester along with another that they just finished. I was offered the finished 92 for an additional $3500. I so wanted to bring it home but my savings were tapped.

Also of interest was two full racks of brand new Winchester Miroku 1873s in the white waiting to be finished. I snapped a pic.

They made no mention to me of buying any brand other than new Winchester Miroku as far as new stock they acquire for finishing and resale.

Here are those '73s in the white and the pair of 92s.
IMG_20220204_132947946.jpg
IMG_20220204_132655713.jpg
IMG_20220204_132345884.jpg
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

RIDERED350r ..thats flipping beautiful ..what a gun! I need to have something done but theres other hobbies I do ..Interesting screen name
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

RIDERED350r wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:50 pm Hello fellow lever riflemen and women.

Thats a strong intro ! Beautiful rifles !
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

If i just wanted a 45/70 with no frills, i'd do the Browning and not look back

However, i like "fun stuff" also, so if i were entertaining a TD version, or custom barrel length/ profile or chambering --- Turnbull is where its at -- and oh so pretty

Yes they are a bit spendy, but a Browning or Miroku Winchester is not exactly cheap either
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

snkbittin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:44 pm RIDERED350r .. ..Interesting screen name

Honda 350R ? I can think of only one, the mighty XR350R from a few years back
----- Doug
Tallboy
Levergunner

Post by Tallboy »

I bought the Turnbull guys :mrgreen:

This exact configuration, in 45-70.

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Congratulations! Like money in the bank, will only go up in value. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Streetstar wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:04 pm
snkbittin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:44 pm RIDERED350r .. ..Interesting screen name

Close. I'm into old Honda three wheelers as another hobby. I have several ..two of which are liquid cooled 250Rs. One of them has an Eddie Sanders 350cc big bore top end with a race fuel dome and a mess of other goodies. It will stretch your arms. 😂

Here she is.
FB_IMG_1569682905660.jpg
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Tallboy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:51 pm I bought the Turnbull guys :mrgreen:

I seriously doubt you will ever regret it. Congrats! 🍻
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

congratulations! I am positive you will be happy with it.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

RIDERED350r wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:04 pm
Streetstar wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:04 pm

Close. I'm into old Honda three wheelers as another hobby. I have several ..two of which are liquid cooled 250Rs. One of them has an Eddie Sanders 350cc big bore top end with a race fuel dome and a mess of other goodies. It will stretch your arms. 😂

Here she is.
FB_IMG_1569682905660.jpg

Super cool! I was going to throw out 350x too, but re-canted, because , well, x is not the same as R

I’m a 2 wheel guy, still have a 450X myself, but sadly it hasn’t been ridden since march
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Nice!

How long do they guess the wait is?
----- Doug
Tallboy
Levergunner