Back out with the 586

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Back out with the 586

Post by 2ndovc »

Getting there.

I had some time this morning and grabbed a box of .38s and .357s and headed off.

Started with some Remington .38 Special 125 Gr. JHP +Ps that grouped pretty well.
Right target is 180 grn, Hornady XTPs and 11.5 Gr. Win. 296. My 327 TRR8 and Marlin CST both shoot this load quite well.
I need to spend more time with the 586, but I think I can cut that group in half. There is two bullets through the same hole on the upper right.
Still need to load up some 158 grain bullets.
I hate the look of the rubber grips, but big difference in shooting this revolver over the walnut grips that came with it.

When I got home, the new grip adapters I'd ordered were waiting for me. It sure looks better. I'm a total sucker for stag grips.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JimT
Shootist

Re: Back out with the 586

Post by JimT »

I like the stags! I found on my Model 10 that the adapter with the factory grips felt better than the prophylactic ones. For me they made the reach to the trigger too long to be comfortable. Been that way on most any gun I tried them on.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Jim,

The "prophylactic" grips description about made me snort my coffee!

I generally don't like them either, but the big walnut, finger groove grips that came with it just didn't fit. The smaller grips with the adapter fit my hands much better. I just emailed the guys I got them from to ask if the have any for the N frames.

jb 8)

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I like the stag grips also, but I love any 586! One of my favorite S&W handguns, and I'm still mad at myself for letting my nephew talk me out of it.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:wink: If I had those stags on my Model 19, and your pants were full of feathers we'd both be tickled.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Count me in the crowd that loves a standard grip with a Tyler T added. The stags make a wonderful, dressy, go-to-church option ...
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I love those stag grips! :mrgreen: I'm a big fan of the Tyler adapter too!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

The 586 and 686 revolvers are awesome. I regret selling a 4" 686 that was my first duty gun. I like my semi-autos but now my favorite carry gun is a 3" 7 shot 686. It's comfortable to carry all day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:56 pm I love those stag grips! :mrgreen: I'm a big fan of the Tyler adapter too!
Finally something most of us can agree on. :D

I really like the way it shoots, that's for sure. Just something to get used to.

The gal I bout this and the Vaquero from, wants me to stop by again tomorrow. We'll see what comes home with me.

jb 8)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:05 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:56 pm I love those stag grips! :mrgreen: I'm a big fan of the Tyler adapter too!
Finally something most of us can agree on. :D

I really like the way it shoots, that's for sure. Just something to get used to.

The gal I bout this and the Vaquero from, wants me to stop by again tomorrow. We'll see what comes home with me.

jb 8)
Can't wait to hear!