Looks like some fun matches

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Looks like some fun matches

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.brutalitymatches.org/videos

I like the 1873 being used in the video halfway down, but he clearly needs a better sling for it...!

Some notes on one guy's gear choice - https://www.everydaymarksman.co/equipme ... y-loadout/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Looks like some fun matches

Post by earlmck »

Fun? Run and gun and throw weights? Not for this old kid!

Here's a pic of some of the participants in our last "Buffalo shoot" here in Oregon three weeks ago. This "relax in the shade" is more my style. We take turns with each shot so you have plenty of time to adjust sights and "blow tube" or run a patch through (if using black powder which we all are here) and get loaded for our next shot while the other folks are getting their shot made. And we use the same strategy whether shooting buffalo guns or 22's or rifles in between.
aaJohnAllenButchDaveWatchshot484.jpg
One of those "prone" folks at the far end was shooting while the rest of us were watching. I'd be one of the folks sitting on a stool with tall cross-sticks: my "prone" days are many years in the past.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

30 years ago I might've enjoyed that type of competition. Now... not so much! I'm with earlmck.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

LOL the jumping-to-prone thing would be mighty slow in me compared to my kids.

I do like the concept though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "