Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

So last Saturday it was 48 degrees. Today it's 90.
Guess what one I prefer at work? Luckily, it's cooling back down Monday. This is about the only hot weather we've had, so I ain't complaining. Hate the heat.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

100°today but you win a Mod 42.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice! I don't have one of those. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've been away for a week so nothing worthwhile to report, I did see a Fox mid day just walking around without a care in the world but that's cities for you, he wouldn't last a day here.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Where'd you go buddy? You shouldn't run off like that. :D

Raining here today. Just got up from my Monday Power nap. Coffee! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

103° today 10% humidity. Light wind.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Where'd you go buddy? You shouldn't run off like that. :D

It wasn't me that ran off it was Shirley, she went away for a few days with her daughter and three girlfriends so I was called on to be a dog sitter... :wink:

57f here...
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Was 105° not low humidity. Birdied 4 and 9.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got the trailer frame finished as far as prep this morning. Dad got the brakes all working. Now we have a few welds to patch. Then we will spray it with oil, and it will be ready for construction.....finally.

After I finished that today, it was time to crank up the old Harley and take a ride. Beautiful day. About 75 and clear as a bell. Even took another ride after supper.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Good for You Oldwin , weather is cool here as well. We haven't had any rain for several weeks. it's all or nothing. one of the exhaust heat shields on My Subaru has been rattling for along time. on the way to work Monday morning 4:30 am I hear a grinding crunching noise combing from the front end. get out of work, nurse it home. jack it up put some new bolts in the heat shield. pull off the passenger tire. all the noise was because the inside of the brake rotor had about a pound of heavy rust that was hitting the backing plate. ten minuets with a 3lb hammer fixed it right up. all the road salt just eats a car up. working under the car sure shows your age in a hurry .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Rust sucks. Salt on the roads sucks even more. I hate it.

Man!
I went up to the lot last week to check my deer trails. Had a couple trees down but didn't have the saw with me. Went back thus morning to cut them and check the rest of the trails. Holy smokes! I sweat my butt off. Anyone who thinks the woods are "cool" in the summer is an idiot. Luckily, that was all I had to cut. I was shocked. Lots of deer traffic on my trails. And on the new ones I put in last year after hunting season.
I was walking out to my truck, that I'd parked down in the clearing by the stream. I was almost out and noticed a small bit of glass buried. I stopped and kicked at it expecting just a broken piece. I was shocked to see an intact cork stopper bottle! I picked it up, and it says,
Haynor Whiskey
Distillery, Troy, Ohio.
On the bottom it says, "design Nov. 1891"
Made my whole day!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's Cool Oldwin!. My Boss is a "digger" He and some Friends go all over the place digging old privies. He has found bottles and other stuff some worth really big money . when I see him I'll ask Him about that bottle. He has been doing this for years.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice find Jay, I occasionally go out with my metal detector but all I seem to find is my old shells... :roll:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks guys. Hard to find real old ones up here that are intact. Many times, they would fill with water then freeze.
It also used to be quite the sport up here hunting them. There are tons of old homesteads grown up back in the woods. There are some in our are too. Many old stone walls, cemeteries, and foundations. Of course, many people searched these old places when they found them.

45Colt,
A guy across from my dad collects them too. He may know something about it. He can also clean it up good. I found a real old Pepsi bottle last summer up there. It was full off moss inside. What a PIA to clean out.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Green means humidity. Found that out when I moved out here. But, at least you don’t have flash floods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not humid at all today. Just hot in the woods swinging a chain saw. It's about 74 degrees.
It WAS humid on Monday, however. Sucked.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think we have different definitions ;-) about 10% here. :-)

Played golf at 105° couple days ago.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Missed three Squirrels on the trot..... :oops: must get my eyes tested.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:18 pm Missed three Squirrels on the trot..... :oops: must get my eyes tested.
Missed!? How can that be, old friend? I tell everyone of your marksmanship skills. Who else can lay waste to the squirrel population so completely? :D

Just hackin on ya buddy. :D
Without Six around, it falls to you, you lucky dog.

Speaking of our old pal, he reached out last week so I gave him a bang on the horn. We shot the bull for quite awhile. Always good to talk to our old buddy. He's just as crazy.

Well, I'm off for 2 weeks. I think the first thing on the agenda is maybe a bike ride. Beautiful weekend here for the 4th.

Oh! And I did get out and shoot that Colt 1903 I was gifted...... I think I have a new favorite gun! How could I not have had one of these? All they say is true. Zero recoil, and it shoots incredible, even with tiny sights you can't see. It runs like a Swiss watch. Even in this diminutive chambering, I would have little qualms about carrying this fantastic little pistol. Good ole JMB.
Now.....keep in mind I have shot very little in the last couple years. While this target doesn't look impressive, for this little pistol I'd never fired, and at about 20 yards, I see huge potential.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's Great shootin for a little gun Oldwin. Be safe on the Bike.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The missed Squirrels were Bidens fault... :x

The Colt 03 is one I would to own "so good Colt made them twice" even Humphrey Bogart used them in his movies.

Enjoy the weather on that bike, when a motorcycle was my only transport all year round I sure appreciated the dry warm weather... 8)

I'm glad that old fella called Sixgun is okay but tell him if I don't hear from him soon the Crocodile gets it... :evil:
Casablanca.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

What a day for a bike ride! Nice, nice. I may sneak out again before dark. My buddy next door took off on his old Harla little while ago.
Talked to a good Jeepin buddy thus afternoon. We are lining up some wheeling for next week maybe. Been too long.

Yeah, I hear you GK. The 1903 Colt has style and panache just running out of the end of the barrel. Cool pistol. Lots of famous dudes packed them.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sig

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Rode the Rangeley loop today. Pretty chilly. Especially with some heavy headwinds. Can't complain though, it was a beautiful ride, and warmed up a little once I swung back east through the passes. Wind was considerably less. Beautiful country through there. Pictures can't touch it.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Some old friends of ours visiting from St Croix, they just bought this Harley with this front end in April. They are both in there 70’s and had to retire the two wheeler.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now THAT is different! I've never seen one like that. Just the trikes, which I don't get.

Actually, I'm pretty old to be riding a bike like mine. Seems like everyone has baggers now. EVERYONE. Even 25yo kids. WTH?
I'm just stubborn enough, and hate trends enough, to never give in. I was getting blasted by cold wind all the way to Rangeley this morning, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :D
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

It’s quite the engineering feat, https://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've seen setups like that, but never on a full bagger Harley.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad You had a Great Safe Ride Oldwin . and yep pictures wont ever get the effect. Like going to see the Grand Canyon a picture won't do. I worked yesterday morning and told My Boss (the digger) about your whiskey bottle made in Ohio. before I could finish He said it's probably a Haynor . He said they are very common. must have been very popular back in the day. :D .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you for the info 45. I figured it was pretty common. None of these hicks up here would have had anything special.
I did see where this brand of Whiskey has recently started being made again. Its like 60 bucks a 5th now! :shock:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I saw that Haynor was made again as well...tooo rich for Me . I have found some decent stuff that is cheap, and am amazed how much money people will spend on Booze. :lol: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah haha! I like the good stuff as much as anyone, but they'd revoke my hick card if I started paying that for Whiskey. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Years ago one guy at work told Me I looked like a Hick.....a short time later He had an early Browning compound bow for sale cheap . it had wooden limbs and a metal riser and was deadly accurate . come first of November the local Whitetails were in the peak of the rut , it was starting to snow as I walked down an old logging road into the woods . there were several big scrapes with some pretty good saplings broken off so I posted up next to a blown down Hickory tree.
It snowed most of the afternoon and just before dark out of the swamp comes a nice buck checking the scrapes. I got an arrow thru Him and it was dark by the time I tracked him (long time) and dressed it out. It was a long drag to the road with the help of My hunting partner. I was able to get it mounted.
At work the next week the Guy who sold Me the bow was speechless looking at the pictures . I'm A Hick! :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hicks rule man!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm happy to be a Hick Brit, it confuses the natives around here.... :lol: I'm back on form again, two Squirrels today first one with the .22 and the second with the.410.

Jay, you know I have a liking for Portland Shipyard IPA well I saw it in cans at my local store so grabbed a pack only to find it's now brewed in the UK and it don't taste as good.. :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're back on target buddy!

No way?
I didn't know that was brewed anywhere but down in Portland. That is crazy. Do they import any of it? Maybe the bottled stuff.
We have 2 breweries in my little jerkwater town. We know the owners of one (the biggest of the two). They are both excellent.
I brought some down to Six when I visited a few years ago. The particular brew was called "Dooryard". :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes, it seems that we import beer until it's got a following and then we start brewing it under licence here. There was a Coors brewery in nearest town until a couple of years ago.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hey do that here too.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Problem here is a brand will import only one variety of a brand, and not necessarily the best ones.
I like Moosehead. It is brewed in New Brunswick. They have many varieties, but we only get Canadian Lager. The best one is Pale Ale, but we can't get it. I first had it when we drove to Alaska in 2019. It sucks, cause it's just over the border, but it's a hassle. I can make a run, but it's a pain. I have friends with dual citizenship, so I have them pick some up on occasion.

The struggle is real. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

One for Old Savage..🏌️
https://youtu.be/gSg_pegYLtc
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Perfect :shock: :D

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Terrific day yesterday ,in the high 70's light breeze. One of My neighbors who lives about a mile from us owns the local beverage store in town. He has been very Blessed in Life and has a wonderful property . every year He has a picnic and invites just about everybody around, bring a dish to share. All the food You could want.
Big pool, waterslides for the Kids ,corn hole ,horseshoes , Live band. I'd guess there were two hundred people there ,All having a beer and having Fun. not a cross word , no B.S. At the end of the day a Fireworks show that lasted more than a half hour that would rival most small cities. what Fun for All the Kids! AND Adults. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That sounds like "quite a picnic" :D

Our temp is in the high seventies and may get warmer.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wild times in the Wild West

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Getting warm over here...temperature in the eighties....health warnings in the newspapers.... :shock:

Tourists from Arizona going down with hypothermia......(I made that up).
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:D yeah 100s here

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It was in the 80's here yesterday. Too hot.
Got the trailer frame all sprayed. Tried something different. Sprayed oil like I've done on vehicles for decades. Then I sprayed Fluid Film over the oil to help hold it. The Fluid Film is thicker than the oil. Seems to have worked well.
I hit the range yesterday to zero a red dot on a Glock 19 for a friend of my dad's. I ran a box through mine while I was there. I was Rusty, but not as bad as I'd thought I'd be.
Been riding the bike quite a bit the last couple weeks. Headed to a buddies with the Jeep today for some wheeling.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Momma and I went this week for a few days to Lewisburg Pa , Her family had a cottage on Penn's creek for years and She wanted to go visit and see the area again. Of course everything has changed dramatically. We drove up to Scranton to see the Steamtown Railway museum . I have wanted to see it for years and especially the Big Boy Locomotive they have on display .I sure was not disappointed . it is like a destroyer on rails. the sheer size of the Steam engine's is incredible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Pacific_4012
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That sure is one big Locomotive... 8) I live near a steam railway called " the watercress line" great to see those old engines still going.
265px-60163tornado_watercressline_alrtorop.jpg
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad to see they keep them going on the other side GK. nothing like a steam engine to stir Your Soul. :) .