I'm not new...HONEST

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Levergunner

I'm not new...HONEST

Post by 3030 »

Hi - somewhere or somehow my original profile -- 1894c -- went away, couldn't log on, sent several emails but no response, not blaming anyone, just one of those digital errors. I just sent another email hoping to restore my old profile, we'll see... :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: I'm not new...HONEST

Post by gamekeeper »

I have checked the members list and 1894cfan is listed and active as of today at 12.33am with 1090 posts, was that your full handle or just 1894c ?.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
lonesome dave
Levergunner

Post by lonesome dave »

that's funny. i've been daveinmaine for a long time but keep getting denied.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

lonesome dave wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:28 pm that's funny. i've been daveinmaine for a long time but keep getting denied.
In the members list you are listed as " dave in maine ", I think that unless the correct title is used as it is on the members list the system does not recognise it.
Anyone can check their history on the members list, just click on "members" and then the first letter of your title.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

gamekeeper, better make that 1092 posts now. :P

3030, yea I remember your 1994c handle. Hope you get it back, like to know that I'm not the only 1894c fan around here. :mrgreen:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1894cfan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:13 pm gamekeeper, better make that 1092 posts now. :P

3030, yea I remember your 1994c handle. Hope you get it back, like to know that I'm not the only 1894c fan around here. :mrgreen:
You most certainly are not! :D
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

3030 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 am Hi - somewhere or somehow my original profile -- 1894c -- went away, couldn't log on, sent several emails but no response, not blaming anyone, just one of those digital errors. I just sent another email hoping to restore my old profile, we'll see... :)
Never received an email. The bad news is - 1894c does not show up in the members' list. 1894cfan is the only one that shares that handle at all (no other variations pop up). Don't know what happened, but it's gone.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

lonesome dave wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:28 pm that's funny. i've been daveinmaine for a long time but keep getting denied.
Therein lies your problem. dave in maine is the handle that shows up. If you type it as above, it turns up as an unknown entity. You registered it in 2007, but along about 2014 was the last time you logged on under that handle. Write me at webservant AT sixshootercommunity.com and we'll see how we can get you up and running. It'd help if you could tell me what email address you used to sign up with.

Have a bit of patience, we're on the road and internet opportunities are intermittent at best.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

1894cfan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:13 pm gamekeeper, better make that 1092 posts now. :P

Apparently that handle is "up for grabs". We can switch it over if he's interested. Just drop me an email at the address above and we'll see what we can do.
Paul - in Pereira

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

AmBraCol wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Apparently that handle is "up for grabs". We can switch it over if he's interested. Just drop me an email at the address above and we'll see what we can do.
Hope you're not talking about mine. :shock:
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

Hi -- thanks for the replies, no I'm not Dave in Maine, yes I did register in 2009 (I think) and I was on the forum about 6-weeks ago when I updated my email address--that's when everything went dark. I had over 3,300 posts over the years. And my forum name was 1894c, been that way for a couple of years now... I definitely know that weird can happen in the digital -- and I appreciate people remembering me... :)
Last edited by 3030 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

AmBraCol -- I think I sent you a message on the sixshooter.com, but if that doesn't work I just sent you a PM... :)
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

1894cfan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:13 pm 3030, yea I remember your 1984c handle. Hope you get it back, like to know that I'm not the only 1894c fan around here. :mrgreen:
1894cfan -- I used to be a big fan of the Marlin 1894c, had, as in past-tense, two. One was made in 1980 and the other in 1984, sold both of them for over 2.5x's what I paid for them back in the day. Who knew that a "JM" marked Marlin would be such a collector item. I recently bought a Henry Steel 30-30 (three-weeks ago), the configuration reminds me of a Glenfield 30a, the action is smooth, the "furniture" is nice, and it's minute-of-clay pigeon at 60 yards with the factory buck-horn sights. The Henry is a nice Marlin alternative, especially since they now have the loading gate. By the way I also like the loading-tube option, makes it safer to unload, and you can clean the magazine tube too... :)
H009G-Left.jpg
H009G-Right.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

3030, bummer you sold the C's, but glad you got something that you liked better. 8)

Still have the 1894cs that I bought back in the late '80s. Picked up a 1977 Win 94 back in '08 after my Father died. He got it out of an airplane wreck that he salvaged back around '77 or '78. The action on that one is slicker than snail snot with the cast/machined lifter!
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

1894cfan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:59 am 3030, bummer you sold the C's, but glad you got something that you liked better. 8)

Still have the 1894cs that I bought back in the late '80s. Picked up a 1977 Win 94 back in '08 after my Father died. He got it out of an airplane wreck that he salvaged back around '77 or '78. The action on that one is slicker than snail snot with the cast/machined lifter!
Hi 1894cfan -- I like the 1894 Marlins, but where I hunt and live I really needed the distance that a .30WCF can offer, hadn't had a 30-30 for a while and I really missed it. The 30-30 was the only rifle I used when I lived in NYS. So when I relocated out west, I tried different assorted leverguns in 444, 45/70, 44-mag, and the .357-mag (this forum is a horrible influence). So as of right now all I own is the Henry 30-30, and two Henry Classic 22-cal Carbines with the big-loop --- life is good... :)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

30-30, I can find some of your posts as 1894c but no route to the original acct. I do recall some confusion of similar names about 10 years ago maybe a bit less.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Indeed you do not seem to exist as 1894c. Did you do a previous name change?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:59 am Indeed you do not seem to exist as 1894c. Did you do a previous name change?
Fred, he updated his email, which automatically inactivates an account. I've been doing dumps of inactive accounts due to the huge number of spammers. Usually I scan through to make sure no REAL account is in there for some reason or other, but apparently managed to scan past his before hitting the "dump" switch. A very regrettable event, but there's no use crying over spilt milk. I've not had a chance to look at the inactive accounts for well over a week now, my guess is that they're back up in the thousands again. The reason for dumping them is to keep the spammers to a reasonable level, and to make it easier to spot the occasional inactive by email update account. Obviously in this case my efforts to avoid such a mixup weren't good enough.
Paul - in Pereira

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

3030, I am a HUGE fan of the 30/30 myself. If you're interested, go over the Marlinowners.com website and scroll down the reloading section and check out the Lighter bullets in .30-30 sticky. Lots of interesting loads there.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks Paul, gk and I knew things were happening we weren’t involved with.

Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

AmBraCol -- I totally understand and have no issue, life happens. I'll just stick with this current "3030" profile, no need to try to find or reactivate my old account. I deeply appreciate what you do--thank you... :)

PS -- hey look I'm up to 7 posts... :)
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Very grateful for our moderators here and the work they do, thank you guys! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:53 pm Very grateful for our moderators here and the work they do, thank you guys! -Tutt
Amen to that!

But a Henry -- no matter how good -- is NOT a Marlin. :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

..."So when I relocated out west, I tried different assorted leverguns in 444, 45/70, 44-mag, and the .357-mag (this forum is a horrible influence)...."

... says the guy pleading to get back on the forum again... :D :lol: :wink:

This place should really be called "Leverguns Anonymous"...

"Hi, my name is John Moses, and I'm a levergunaholic..." :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Levergunner

Post by 3030 »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:03 pm .
..."So when I relocated out west, I tried different assorted leverguns in 444, 45/70, 44-mag, and the .357-mag (this forum is a horrible influence)...."

... says the guy pleading to get back on the forum again... :D :lol: :wink:

This place should really be called "Leverguns Anonymous"...

"Hi, my name is John Moses, and I'm a levergunaholic..." :mrgreen:
+1... :)