Nasty people

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Nasty people

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I was visiting with a Sheriff in a county west of here and he showed me a phone video that was recorded of a call to the main number.

The caller first asked where he could buy a whole bunch of AK47s. This was the day after the Uvalde shooting. When the dispatcher told him that we don't sell guns, he started screaming at her. Threatening her and demanding to know if she was a f___ing Republican!

This same caller called two other county numbers and acted in a similar derranged fashion. We know where the phone is (Colorado) and its being tracked by the relevant authorities though I don't know what you do about something like that.

There was a report of a troubled young lady who was threatening harm to herself on facebook. They got her some help and hopefully she will be ok. But her social media has a number of ghouls (I don't know what else to call them) that were encouraging her to take her life! I don't understand that at all.

Today a friend of mine is getting the nastiest of emails (cannot even properly describe them here) from leftists who are apparently confused about who they are mad at. She has nothing to do with the events that upset them, but apparently they don't care about that.

This anger and outrage from the left is at a level that I have not ever seen. This does not bode well for us as a people.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Nasty people

Post by crs »

In the old days, some of those crazies would have been locked up in an insane asylum!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Hell! We wouldn't have room to get many of them off the street!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am afraid, yes afraid, that there will be another war of US against US citizens. No, I do not want it to happen. I will defend myself if it happens.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Mental illness seems to be rampant in our modern world. Some of it is because of the 24 hour news mis/disinformation cycle, some because today's schools teach folks what to think instead of learning how to think applying logic and reason, and some because some folks are just batsh*t crazy.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yes, the left has lost it. Our safety team was briefed today on the threat from "Jane's Revenge". Apparently the vandalism againt pro-life organizations over the last 30 days was them being "merciful", and they have promised to step up their attacks. They are also calling for a "night of rage" when the SCOTUS decision is announced. :evil: :evil: :evil:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The left don't do 'facts' or 'logic' - they do 'feelings' and 'emotion'.

So they can't have a rational discussion of an issue, or analyze it objectively.

The result is such cognitive dissonance that it upsets them, because deep down they realize the inevitable outcome always contradicts their claimed objectives.

The calmer ones shift to a straw-man argument, or just blatantly change the subject, fabricate 'facts' to bolster their argument, or use passive-aggressive methods to have others attack you, from making up something to get you fired, to doxing you, or engineering a 'SWAT' attack to harm you or your family.. The others merely shout louder, use ad hominem attacks, or become physically violent.

The difference between 'liberals' and 'conservatives' in terms of willingness to initiate violence to attain social or political goals is astounding.

Think of how different 2021 would have been if it were Biden comfortably in the lead and Trump suddenly in dark of night had truckloads of ballots 95-100% for him 'found', videos of 'pale' people with red hats stuffing ballot boxes, 99-year old dementia patients in nursing homes 'voting', and voting machines with discrepant results.....every city would have been burned.

Think how different it would be if a MAGA-hat wearer were caught trying to assassinate a liberal supreme court judge. Again, every city would have turned into a war-zone.

As was posted elsewhere a couple days ago - if conservative gun owners were the problem, we would know it, because there are 100 million of them with a billions of rounds between them.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

As I see it a lot of this behavior comes from father to son mother to daughter, proper parenting tends to knock this kind of thinking out of kids when they are little, of course the education system only adds fuel to the fire.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

The internet is a big part of the problem and while I enjoy using it for information such as this forum I feel it will eventually lead to the downfall of our society.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:51 pm Yes, the left has lost it. Our safety team was briefed today on the threat from "Jane's Revenge". Apparently the vandalism againt pro-life organizations over the last 30 days was them being "merciful", and they have promised to step up their attacks. They are also calling for a "night of rage" when the SCOTUS decision is announced. :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's consistent with the intelligence I have seen.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have enough supplies. Their night of rage could hurt them if they start anything my way. After the big power outage we had a couple of years ago, I have prepared for power outages and lack of water. I am not wishing to need to defend myself, but I won't hesitate.
D. Brian Casady
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

piller wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:50 am I have enough supplies. Their night of rage could hurt them if they start anything my way. After the big power outage we had a couple of years ago, I have prepared for power outages and lack of water. I am not wishing to need to defend myself, but I won't hesitate.
I think it will be isolated to the liberal strongholds. Austin will likely be the only place in Texas that gets serious about this because they don't want to go where it is "unsafe" to riot.

Think of what would have happened if the Uvalde shooting was closer to a significant sized city.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

The libs are very unhappy people who are convinced they're right in every instance, I call them the perennially enraged...
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

elmo123 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:02 am The internet is a big part of the problem and while I enjoy using it for information such as this forum I feel it will eventually lead to the downfall of our society.
I hate to say it, but I agree that the Internet has the potential to undermine almost every human institution. It disconnects people from reality, disconnects them from the civility we once were taught to show to others, and makes them into sheep easily misguided by deliberate disinformation.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

We are getting all kinds of emails and voicemails over our representation of the City of Uvalde.

Apparently VICE published a story and the crazys are coming out of the woodwork.

So I went out into the back yard to get some perspective:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

So anyone find it odd there’s a confirmed SCOTUS replacement but no vacancy?
Or how about this: The DOJ is touting the new SIG round as being more effective against body armor. None of our (foreign) adversaries have modern body armor.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

There has been coverage on the "Janes Revenge" group in the media. I forget if it was Foxnews, Drudgereport, or Breitbart though. The number of blatant Terrorist threats that the US DOj is blatantly overlooking is very alarming!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

M855 rounds are reasonably effective against even hard plate body armor. The penetrator in it is able to chew up concrete like a beaver on a quakie. It puts small holes in even the most modern body armor, then the plates fail and the whole bullet comes in. It takes a few rounds, but it does the job. If the new round does better, my guess is because of more kinetic energy at impact. More kinetic energy translates to more destruction of the material at the first shot. Most body armor does not stop a .308 FMJ at less than 200 yards. The impact kinetic energy of 150 grains of .308 is probably enough to break ribs even if it is stopped by a plate in a vest. Perhaps the new Sig round is fast enough at .277 diameter to equal the .308 in foot pounds of energy per square inch.
D. Brian Casady
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:35 pm M855 rounds are reasonably effective against even hard plate body armor. The penetrator in it is able to chew up concrete like a beaver on a quakie. It puts small holes in even the most modern body armor, then the plates fail and the whole bullet comes in. It takes a few rounds, but it does the job. If the new round does better, my guess is because of more kinetic energy at impact. More kinetic energy translates to more destruction of the material at the first shot. Most body armor does not stop a .308 FMJ at less than 200 yards. The impact kinetic energy of 150 grains of .308 is probably enough to break ribs even if it is stopped by a plate in a vest. Perhaps the new Sig round is fast enough at .277 diameter to equal the .308 in foot pounds of energy per square inch.
.308 only hits about as hard as a fair punch with a fist. Kinetic energy is basically a worthless number. It means very little. Watch this video who takes a .308 NATO ball round twice at point blank. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

First time I have seen any body armor stop a .308 ball round. I would have expected him to feel at the same as the recoil from the rifle.
D. Brian Casady
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:03 pm First time I have seen any body armor stop a .308 ball round. I would have expected him to feel at the same as the recoil from the rifle.
Bullets actually have very little ability to move the objects they strike. Years ago I hung 48 pound Mesquite log on a 6 foot arm and fired a number of handgun and rifles into it and recorded the movement. 9mm's and .357's barely moved it. .30-06 150 gr. JSP only moved it 3 1/4".

I have shot a large number of animals from small critters to big ones with calibers from .22 to .45 in handguns and rifles. I have seen a few humans shot. Animal or human, they do not always react to be shot by falling down, at least not right away.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I would just expect equal to the recoil.
D. Brian Casady
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

While this was produced back in the 1990's it is still a good resource .. WHAT BULLETS DO TO BODIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhcuLWIe3A

Worth watching all the way through.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

I humbly submit, a better test would be to balance a target on a vertical point rather than a hanging point.

i.e. balance a big rock on a spindley stick and see if the projectile moved it...
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It is possible to knock over balanced things ... but it don't tell you anything. Ballistics Pendulums were the first tools to accurately check velocity, energy and momentum of projectiles. Some are still in use in some labs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_pendulum
450 Fuller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 450 Fuller »

Having spent a great deal of time in state and Federal law enforcement, there appears to be a thread of similarity
between certain leftists who are unhappy, and inner city gang members. Freud might liken it to misplaced anger resulting
in sociopathic behavior. Violence as a result of no stable home life. Some of these offenders have never seen a wedding, and have
no clue as to their father's identity. Being raised by an "auntie" while on the porch will not get it.

Intervention is the answer to homeless drug addicts, like Providence, RI did. We have a lower class of politicians, and they must be removed.
Recidivism ended in trees outside old school courthouses. Child molestation ends with a dead perp.

The police now are fired if someone winds up dead or suicide by cop. Be aggressive and get fired, or be wimpish and get shot. The profession is being used as a sacrificial lamb by 2-bit politicians on both coasts.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

JimT, THAT was interesting! Just swapped out the 100gr and 115gr JHPs for 124gr JHPs in 9mm. Always did prefer 180gr bullets in my 10mm short (40s&w) or should I say my 40/38 (38/40?) auto. :mrgreen:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One thing I noticed that seems consistent with their information and hunting experiences everywhere. Heavy for caliber bullets at moderate velocity, a range instead of a point, penetrate better than light fast for caliber bullets. I remember when Glaser safety slugs were the rage. They quickly dropped out of favor, and I had never heard anything about why. Shallow penetration and only a wound is all they give.
D. Brian Casady