Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Hanson Gregory, keeping Cops fat for decades..... :D
shape_cover_sport_copshed-7367268e81425722ab527898a0e20697.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six owes you a Model 141.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've been reading about the Remington 141 interesting rifle I knew little about, would love one........come on Six I can't wait.... :wink:
141-865x487.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes sir. Just like the T-shirt says.....
We're outnumbered, but not not outsmarted.

That's a good win GK!
I ain't much of a Remington guy, but the 141 is a nice rifle. An excellent quality piece. The one to have is the .35. With a nice little tang sight. The only gripe for me is, like all Remington pumps, they are a little noisy for a woods rifle.
I know Six did have one at one time. For whatever reason, I've never owned one.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I realized after posting that in the UK pump action rifles unless .22 rimfire are illegal, pump action shotguns are ok but there are morons who want them banned too... :roll:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, going to have to part ways with OW on this though I would agree if you were in Maine. I think for your purposes the 25 Rem would be the one.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ballistically, you are probably correct.
Right up until you have to find shells for it. Especially overseas.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I am assuming he will be reloading here as for my 94 in 25-35. Ammo and brass are available but expensive.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Guy with a knife and a crossbow was shot at the restaurant across the street from my office. It’s a wild and dangerous land.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Are they sure he wasn't the Chef??? Seriously there are far more nutters about these days, a good enough reason for packing iron.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well, I've always been very interested in how you Colonials survive in the wilderness of the New World, and now I have discovered how y'all make yer fried chicken.
I don't normally watch cooking channels but this one got my attention due to the early AR15 over the fire place..... :wink:

https://youtu.be/aVJlr_zmxuE
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey buddy! Fried chicken?
I can't remember the last time i had fried chicken.....
Well, maybe some takeout from a local place. Local family started a drive-in back in the 60s for all the standard fare. It grew to a regular restaurant that is on rt.201 headed north out of town. It is very popular, and they have done well.
Here at home, we like to put chicken on the grill when it isn't winter.

Talked to ol' Six last night. He is well and up to his usual projects and mischief. Good to talk to the old coot.
Have to reach out to Gunny too.

Pouring rain here today. We kinda need it, but everything grinds to a halt. No fence or trailer work. I finished mowing my MIL's lawn about 8 last night. Fence work all day. Took a ride around town with the Jeep after I got home. Top and doors off. Nice and cool.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Tell six I said hey next time you talk to him.
Well I hear you fellas back east are having a heat wave so these pictures are to cool ya off some. The area is east of Watford city North Dakota, it was around -30* this day. I was a measurement tech for a oil field gas company.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I will harry.
I don't know where east, but it ain't here. Hasn't been hot at all. It's 60 now. We had a day that was 49 a week or so ago. Although, I'm sure it will warm up.
Yup......30 below is cold. It's funny though, a lot of below zero days don't feel too bad, but you put just a 5mph breeze on it and WHAM! That is cold!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Last week I moved My raised bed garden to a new place as it has been getting too much shade for along time....No problem , build a 16'x4' box 10" high shovel all the dirt into the yard cart roll it over and dump it in . only took about 8 hours... :oops: .... not enough dirt. go buy 20 big bags of topsoil. got the stuff planted the next day, YEA. I'm not 65 anymore. Saturday I'm mowing with the Cub Cadet mower along the ditch and caught a big root with one of the blades . things weren't quite right after that as it was cutting perfect circles in the yard. :shock: ....put it up on the lift and the end of one blade was bent an honest 90* down. used the map gas torch and a 3lb hammer to make it usable again after about a half hour. ordered a new set of blades yesterday. more fun and games. :lol: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Don't you hate when that happens?
I absolutely hate hitting something with the mower. I rubbed the edge of a cement pad with my dad's new John Deere 570 a couple weeks ago. Didn't screw the blade up luckily.
Only thing worse is doing it with my restored JD 240. Especially since I lucked out and found a scarce NOS deck for it.
I have an 89 JD RX95 that I bought beside the road for 30 bucks. It goes great and I use it to mow my in-laws lawn (it's a mess) so I don't don't mess up my good mowers. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Where I was a gamekeeper the Lady of the house got annoyed that nobody had mown the lawn so she got on the mower herself and drove it straight into the moat...... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

98° here today. With a hot dry 20 mph breeze you will never know you are sweating.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

67* Here right now bright sun. took a walk down along Lake Erie, beautiful breeze blowing. walleyes are starting to run, there must be one hundred fishing boats out. makes the long cold winter worth while. :D .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

62f here sunny and breezy. I took a walk around with my Gallon muzzleloader, first shot nailed a pigeon, reloaded and saw nothing else that was shootable, have to take a walk this evening to see if anythings about.
IMG_20210623_131235.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well that was a useless weekend. That place is a joke. Pretty much dead in the water all weekend. I couldn't take any more and left at 1 this morning.
Hopefully get some stuff done this around the house this week.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Today I did My one day a week at work since I retired. they have been waiting all year for an internal company audit and this was the day. A real 5 star dog and pony show. All the management running around like chickens. My Boss is only 49 and has a long time to work. He is one of the best I ever worked for. I hope He can survive.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You'd have a good laugh auditing this place 45. I can't even explain what a cluster this place is. I have worked there over 34 years and if it wasn't part of one of the biggest companies in the world, it wouldn't survive till lunch. Of course, the company itself has become a laughingstock. Everything is a a lie and it is all based on nothing of substance.
Its just like the government. I am simply marking time till I can get out. I'd go today if I could get my stuff.
Sadly, I fully expect to be screwed out of my pension and all their other obligations I've worked so long for.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Retirement is the best job I've ever had, I truly feel for you guys still chained to rotten jobs. Trouble is I got nothing to look forward too now. I was once stuck in a rotten job, shift work in a car plant with only reading gun mags to keep me sane but I escaped and by sheer fluke got a job as a gamekeeper doubled my hours and cut my pay but I was happy while it lasted.

I went down with the Wuhan flu the weekend, tested positive but I've had worse colds.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're feeling better buddy. Yeah, I've had it too. Most likely, more than once. I've been WAY sicker.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Jay, how's the trailer doing.... :?:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haven't touched it in a week!
I gotta get these fences done. I finished the one out back yesterday. This morning it's back to the little picket on the other side. I'm hoping I can finish it between today and tomorrow.
I finished mowing HALF my lawn at 9pm last night, because I had to stop to wire the middle sons fiance's Jeep for trailer lights. I've never seen such a complicated trailer wiring setup. Crazy!
I do have a good friend coming over this afternoon to hear my construction plans for the trailer. He is a contractor, and from a large family of carpenters. I trust his his judgment..........and mine, not so much. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like middle son's fiancé might have her eyes on your trailer... :lol:
Having Covid has curtailed my intention of winter wood cutting so apart from washing my car my only chore is zapping spammers that other "mods" have left active after only disapproving their spam posts, I don't mind I'm retired and they are both busy guys..
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Spambot zapper, tell me how you are zapping them.

Never mind, just did the first one.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:06 am Sounds like middle son's fiancé might have her eyes on your trailer... :lol:
Having Covid has curtailed my intention of winter wood cutting so apart from washing my car my only chore is zapping spammers that other "mods" have left active after only disapproving their spam posts, I don't mind I'm retired and they are both busy guys..
Ha! She's pretty cute.....but not THAT cute! That trailer is MINE. :D
Besides, they are closing on a new house at the end of the month, so she may not be interested anyway.

Keep on zapping! You da man, buddy. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I knew she was cute when you said she has a Jeep.... :D

OS I check the community index and see who is listed as our newest member, sometimes there are up to 20 spammers that got through the net but they get zapped one at a time, if I'm bored I check out the members list, usually find a few hiding there too....and as some have said "I do it with sinister menevolence"..... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha! See? THIS is why everyone likes old GK. He's a wise man. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, hail to you. I just delete posts but will help from now on.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't mind spending my time zapping spammers it keeps what few computer skills I have from getting forgotten... :wink: I ought to keep a score on how many I zapp must be several hundred by now.

74f and sunny with a nice breeze.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Haven’t taken note, do they repeat if not zapped?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:27 am Haven’t taken note, do they repeat if not zapped?

Yes quite often although the majority of spammers do not post but their signature lines often have iffy content. I would love to know why they do it...
the-only-good-spammer-is-a-dead-spammer.jpg
Temp gone up to 80f.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Freakin' fences are DONE!

Man, I'm wiped. No more of that foolishness this year.

Now on to the trailer!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hip, hip hooray for GK. Zapping the spammers.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo! I'm pretty stiff and creaky this morning.
Luckily, I'm going back to work tonight so I can rest up. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:38 am Woo! I'm pretty stiff and creaky this morning.
Luckily, I'm going back to work tonight so I can rest up. :D
I once had a job like that . . . . :lol:

85f here but with a nice breeze.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I actually got a couple rides in with the Harley yesterday. One in the afternoon and another with Kristy after supper. Been cool here. It was 48 degrees Saturday. Warmed up some yesterday at least.
Headed to the lot with the old man this morning. Do a little snooping around and make sure all is kosher.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Weather was cold here over the weekend , had to where pants. time to mow in the woods so I pulled out the old Gravely walking tractor. it's a 1959 6.6hp rope start. hasn't run since last September . got the routine right the first time and it ran on the first pull of the rope. giant spark plug , wico magneto . it's bad to the bone and just won't give up...... Crazy , just crazy.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, one of these, late 50s. My dad sold them.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old stuff is the best stuff!

Checked my trail I to my hang on stand. Only 2 trees down I have to chainsaw. Still have to check the rest of them but it looks good as far as blow downs. Lots of deer and a moose using my trail. Good news.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yep that's the one O.S. mine looks a little better but not much. I sure wish I had Moose on My property OldWin.......... :cry: :cry: It's a tough Life. :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That one is still in use.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks 45. I actually don't care to have too much moose activity in my deer hunting area. Moose make deer nervous and they avoid them. I have had moose push deer past me up around our old camp. That place was overrun with moose, but very few deer.

Speaking of the old camp, the wife and I took the Gladiator for a ride yesterday. Went up by the old camp. It's about 8 miles north of where our current property is. The truck does pretty well in the woods. While my Jeep will go more places, the Gladiator is incredible compared to any other pickup. The more I drive it, the more I like it.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

OW, how are the jeep gladiators rated. 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton ?
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They aren't a full size truck so I doubt they are rated half ton. It's just basically a Jeep JL Wrangler that is stretched. I think it's rated to tow around 8500 pounds. I can't remember what the payload is. I will have to check.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

According to published payload capacity it is a 5/8 ton.