Remington 141

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hawkins
Levergunner 1.0

Remington 141

Post by Hawkins »

Hi, is there anyone familiar with the inner workings of the Remington 14/141 pump rifles? There's a hooked lever in the trigger group called the "firing pin catch", and a corresponding hooked piece riveted to the breech block called the "firing pin extension". I'm trying to understand how those parts interact. It looks like the "catch" grabs the "extension" when the pump is pulled back, then holds it as the pump goes forwards to cock the breech block. Once the pump is all the way forward, is the catch still engaged with the extension, or does it fall free? The main reason I'm wondering is because the hook on the "catch" is a little buggered up, and I'm curious if it should be smoothed out or replaced. Thanks for any info!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Remington 141

Post by gamekeeper »

I found a video of a guy taking down a Remington model 14 for cleaning but I doubt it's of much use.
https://youtu.be/cRHQTo5rL00
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hawkins
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Remington 141

Post by Hawkins »

Thanks Gamekeeper! I appreciate the link but as you suspected, it doesn't quite go into enough detail.