Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

OS that's one gun I would love to walk the woods with...... unfortunately in the UK to remain legally classed as a shotgun the magazine would have to be crimped to allow only two cartridges, then it would have to be proofed and stamped accordingly. It could remain as is if put on a firearm certificate but would still require proofing... :roll:

I really wish my crocodile project would work..... :cry:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You win one 38. Take your pick from anything Six has if he ever gets back from his walk about. Maybe a croc got him.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'd be spoilt for choice in Six's gun room :shock: anyway I don't think a Crock got him more likely that pack of Foxes he keeps feeding..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weird. Usually its the rolled metal sleeve that the bolt goes through that gets stopped out on stock control arms.
Old Red has 180k on it with the stock control arms on it. It also has had swaybar disconnects to allow it to flex more, putting even more stress on the control arms. You never know.
I did get the extended warranty on my Gladiator. Mostly because of electronics. That is the real garbage in vehicles.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, I read this is a Mercedes design to improve handling.

gk, lining out your equipment package. F 450, a big dog. Your code name is Bad Man Jose. In case the picture is too fuzzy, it says Red Neck Edition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I definitely need to upgrade my redneck image so that would go a long way on helping me fit in.... :lol:

Regards

Bad Man Jose.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, my Jeep is the stopped down Soccer Mom edition, no electric door locks or windows and no back up camera

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:52 am Well gk, my Jeep is the stopped down Soccer Mom edition, no electric door locks or windows and no back up camera
That is a good thing. The more simple, the better.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Believe me I know. Had a couple of Cadillacs and repeatedly had to pay when desert dust got to the electric windows switches.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Well gk, my Jeep is the stopped down Soccer Mom edition, no electric door locks or windows and no back up camera
My little Ford is the same..... i could happily make do with a WW2 Willys Jeep ...... :D
Willys-Jeep-WW2-1536x1195.jpg
Regards Bad Man Jose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Drove those, very tricky on wet roads with those tires.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:54 pm Drove those, very tricky on wet roads with those tires.
Well driving around on England's rain soaked highways should prove interesting..... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They are ok if you are careful but can get squirrely if you are not.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No problem, I drive Squirrely anyway.....when I had a little Suzuki jeep I always said was like a demented frog on the road.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My current Jeep handles like it is on rails. No surprises.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bet being white makes a difference in the hot California sun, Shirley had a black car and boy did it get hot in summer.

Weather here has been mainly dry through April not many April showers, some frost over night but very pleasant during the day.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not here! Cold and windy. It was snowing Friday. I just wish the wind would stop blowing.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I spoke too soon, it's been raining nearly all day...
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

White has its advantages to me. Cooler and stays looking cleaner in the desert. Dust shoes quickly on black cars.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've always liked green paintwork on cars and trucks, I suppose something to do with my liking of Land Rovers and Willy's Jeeps but over here there is a superstition about green cars and some folks won't even ride in one, does that superstition exist in the US ?

Weather here is mild and cloudy no wind.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never heard of that. Of course, this is kind of a vortex here in my locale.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

None I have hard, none about any color. Where would such a superstition come from? What is it based on?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have absolutely no idea, seems crazy considering the old supercharged Bentley's were in British Racing Green as were the D type Jaguars etc.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Calif continues to lose population in 34 of 58 counties. Might have room for you soon gk ;-)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My worry is that the folks who are leaving California are missionaries for the democratic party and are spreading their ideological stupidity to other States....OR ..... The folks who are leaving California are all Republicans and thus making California even more left wing.
It would be nice to spend what time I have left in the California sunshine but it looks like I'm going to have to stay in England fighting the snowflakes we have over here. My son and his wife are moving to NZ at the end of the year. If they have a child while over there apparently I could get a five year grandparent visa but at my time of life do I really need the hassle? Plus I don't know if they have Squirrels in NZ... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

New Zealand!? :shock:
The pictures I have seen look like it's a beautiful country. Aren't they kind of kooky with the politics? I hope your son and his family are happy there. I know as much as anyone how hard it is having children and grandchildren far away.

Went over to the Armory last night to try the transfer case and lockers in the truck. Works pretty slick. This one has an auto disconnecting sway bar. I guess Jeep figures it's customer base is getting old, fat, and lazy. :D
Here it is flexed out on my impromptu RTI (actually the Armory's equipment loading ramp).
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes they have kooky politicians in charge at the moment but hunting regs are pretty good. When my son was over there he hunted Goats, Turkeys and Peacocks with rifles and shotguns sometimes on horseback loaned to him by folks he met there.
He is keen to take up Bowhunting over there too...

Your truck looks mighty useful and doesn't to me look like a fat old lazy man's kind of vehicle.... :D
I like the color too... 8)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cool Jeep there OW. Very popular here mostly they don’t even go off road but look cool, kind of like the old military vehicles we had in the NG.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you OS.
I actually think it would look cool with a set of retro wheels painted the same color as the truck. Give it a military M715 kinda vibe.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

OldWin wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:39 am Thank you OS.
I actually think it would look cool with a set of retro wheels painted the same color as the truck. Give it a military M715 kinda vibe.
Then weld a piece of pipe between the axle and frame and you can replicate the ride too. :D
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks like a 4 door remake of the 3/4 Ton. We had WWII vehicles when I was in the National Guard.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Harry!
Haha yeah no kidding! The M715 os far and away the heaviest vehicle Jeep ever made. It's also arguably the coolest looking. :D

OS,
You must be referring to the Dodge M37 I assume?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Don’t know that terminology but the one I posted is what we had to use.

Looks like it, a Dodge.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes. That's an M37. Basically a Dodge Power Wagon. In the military, it was called a "weapons carrier". I missed the pic. I have a bad habit of replying before I've logged in. I hit "reply" and then log in, so I don't see attachments sometimes.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We found it to be a work horse. We were laying and maintaining wire between the mortars, the forward observers and headquarters. Either a Jeep or a 2 1/2 ton were less practical.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yippee, I got my firearm and shotgun certificates back today so my shootin' irons are safe for another five years.... :D
The certificates arrived with a request from the police asking me if I would save a fired case from each gun and label them with the guns details so in case my guns get stolen and then used in a crime they can identify the gun without seeing it...... :!: :?: It is a voluntary request and sounds a bit dodgy to me but I suppose there's a one in a million chance it might help a police investigation.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad to hear, John!
At least your "legal". :D
If nothing else, you don't have to worry so much. Or jump every time someone Knocks at the door or you hear a siren. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The flip side of that cartridge issue is they can tie you to something in suspicion.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:25 am The flip side of that cartridge issue is they can tie you to something in suspicion.
My suspicious mind was wondering if it would become a law that all privately owned firearms would have to have images of fired cases kept by the police but I guess fitting a new firing pin would confuse that.... :?

Thanks Jay, quite a few people have had their firearms confiscated and licenses revoked. Shirley put in for her renewal before me and hasn't heard a thing, different police authority though.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here pistols come with a fired case. Not sure where this is in requirement but the firing pin is supposed to micro imprint the serial # at some point.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is an example:

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm all in favour of helping the police but I sometimes wonder if it's just the antigun politicians that dream up all these things..... :?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That appears to be the case here. Todd Lizzote who invented and holds the patent on his micro stamping of firing pins has apparently said in a practical sense it doesn’t really work. You can look that up and read for yourself.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

From what I see every new gun law even if it doesn't affect gun owners one bit enforces the notion to snowflakes etc that firearms must be bad or the government wouldn't be passing laws on such dangerous items.... :roll:

The knife crime in the UK has caused all kinds of stupid laws on buying and carrying knives, so much that folks are genuinely frightened to carry even a tiny pen knife. When I was a kid everyone carried a knife of some sort and nobody thought anything of it but now foreign cultural changes have brought violence to our once peaceful streets and now as an Englishman I am penalised and treated like a threat. Thank you media for blaming the knife and not the violent thugs.
Gun crime is common over here in certain communities but unfortunately the two mass shootings that prompted the Draconian gun laws were carried out by home grown loonies who were known to the police but still allowed to have firearms. The media made it sound like every gun owner was potentially dangerous and a threat.
The majority of Joe public fell for it and now all "gun laws" must be for the good of everyone.... :roll:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Crazy.
When we were in school, we all had Buck folders on our belts. Every pickup in the student parking lot had a gun rack with a shotgun or rifle, depending on the season at the time. Nobody thought anything of it.
Of course, it isn't like that here anymore, either.

Put the enclosed snowmobile trailer behind the truck and went down to Augusta to pick up some fencing today. Hauled pretty good. More is coming by truck next week (I think). There's another job hanging over me.

Also going to pick up that trailer we are building the camp on next week.

All this, and I don't even have my Harley out of the cellar yet. By the looks of it, I may as leave it down there.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great motorcycling weather here at the moment but sadly my motorcycling days are over, if we had your highways I would consider getting another old bike but here traffic is heavy and the roads are full of pot holes... :(
I did think about getting a motorcycle and sidecar, over here Jawa sell a 350cc combo but not enough power for for my needs.
JawaComboBikeSide.jpg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

They even make one for Gunny.... :wink:
JawaComboBeau.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My roots are dirt bikes and enduros.
I know it's crazy, but I've even toying (again) with selling g the old Harley and buying a Honda XR650L. My last dirt bike was a 1992 Honda XR600R that I'd plated. It was the best dirt bike I'd ever owned. I've always missed it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Many years ago I used to be a race marshal at motorbike scrambles (Motocross) and an observer ( scorer) at motorbike trials. Loved dirt bikes but sadly never had one.
We still have pre 1965 scrambles complete with the smell of Castrol X....
callingtonclassicnewquay31aug1997cover_orig.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool buddy! The old time scrambles and early motocross and Enduro was the best. The days of Roger DeCoster, and even Steve McQueen.
I actually had a trials bike for many years. Nothing real competitive (a 1974 Yamaha TY250A) ,but I didn't compete in trials. I used it as impromptu practice for balance and body position.
I always called trials bikes "the most fun you can have on 2 acres of land".