Whats your next firearm purchase???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Whats your next firearm purchase???

Post by CowboyTutt »

OK, enough of all this political crapola. What is your next firearm purchase? I am very picky and choosy of my guns, and every one of them is bought with the intention of it being a life-long purchase. I have few guns, but they are all special and customized to some extent.

I'm seriously looking at a Pedersoli or AWA Colt Lightning in 45 Colt with a 24" barrel and CCH. The Pedersoli's have a 1 in 16" twist and should stabilize a 360 grain bullet for the new extreme range shooting I enjoy so much. And its still portable and also different.

What about you guys????? :lol:

-Tutt
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

CBTutt,

I have two guns in the shop being worked on right now. So any and all purchases will wait till after they are finished and paid for.

However when the funds come around I'm thinking of a New Model Blackhawk convertible. .45 of course.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Not exactly a gun purchase, but definitely gun related.

Sitting on my pennies right now to pay for my CHL renewal, required classroom time, license processing fees, practice ammo, range fees, etc.

My current license expires in Sept, but I'm working to jump through all the hoops by the end of June because I'm doing a vactaion thing in July, and I want to get the required application materials in with at least a 60-day cushion.

Got a decent discount on the license fees because I'm a vet, but everything else is at the same cost as the little people.

Oh, wait... that's me. :oops:

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

I've got a bit upside down purchasing a few 1886s this year, plus I have five rifles that need various degrees of restoration and/or repair work, so like Joe I'm out for a while.

But....I have yet to own an 1892. My next Winchester will be an original 1892 in 44 wcf. I don't particularly care (yet) what configuration - it sort of depends what crosses my path. If I did get to choose, however, it'd be a full or half octagon, full mag takedown, or a half mag SRC.

That will complete the John Browning leverguns for me. Then I'm thinking of an original Marlin 1893 in 38-55.
Chad
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Probably a Marlin 308 MLR?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

I was going to get a couple of New Vaqueros as I am interested in SASS. It looked like fun. I started reading all the regs and different catagories and got a headache figuring out what I can shoot and what I can wear and yadda, yadda, yadda. I need a carbine that shoots pistol cartridges, when I have a 45-70. But that can only be used in a separate match. If I read the rules correctly I can have a SBH customized to remove the adjustable sight and turn it into a fixed sight gun, but I can't add a SBH hammer to a Vaquero. I can use a Montado if I participate in a mounted match but not for regular 4 gun matches. I can use a tang or ladder sight but not a bolt or receiver peep sight. Were peep sights invented after the 1800s ended? In B Western events I have to dress like Roy or Gene. Why didn't they add you have to be able to strum a guitar and yodel. In some events I can't wear packer boots which look like western boots with laces or wear moccasins! Heck I don't know what to buy! :roll: PS: Should I get 7.5" or 4 5/8" New Vaqueros?
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Well local gun emporium has a Nice reblued winnie 94 (30-30)circa 1965 for $300(needs stocks refinished, I am not sure about the reliability of the "Beer can" parts? :lol: )So I am mentally debate'n that one.Same gunshop has a rough presafety 1894 marlin in 357 magnum for $300(price tad high for me).Would like to find a Marlin "spikehorn". :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I did hope to buy a Winchester 92 in 32/20 off Kirk but our stupid gun laws made it too expensive for me to import. Shame, it was a good honest gun at a very good price.

So now I'm looking at a Uberti 66 sporting rifle in 32/20. I would prefer the 73 but it's a lot more money and unless my fortune changes I may have quite a wait before I can place an order. :(
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Hopefully my old 1886 in 40-82 that I sold 10 years ago because of money problems, well I thought I had money problems at the time when I look back I really didn't, Don't you just hate yourself for some of the stupid things we do.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

1895 30-06 src. current manufactor and 16" rossi .357. when the prices come down to earth.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Marlin 39?

Browning Hi Power?

Colt Offical Police?

I just don't know......too many interests and not enough money!

Wm
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

wm wrote:I just don't know......too many interests and not enough money!
Wm
Same here. I am an opurtunistic buyer. If you do your homework there is no hesitation when you see a good deal.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm looking for a 336 XLR right now. I want mine in .30-30.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I going to get a S&W 642 38 specials for concealed carry, this would share the job with the Kel-Tec .380 I already own - after that one - A 1894 in 32 Special. I do not know what it is about 32 specials, but I always wanted one - hopefully it can be in a SRC configuration...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I am going to get one of the Ruger 50th .357's. It is kinda funny that the, one year only guns, both 357 and 44's are still available.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Probably won't be buying anything for a while. The money just isn't there. If I did, I would like to find an original Marlin 1894 in 25-20 or 32-20.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I'm thinking of putting peeps on my 1894 .357, so I might have to go out and get a 30-30 with a 24" bbl to use with open sights and sometimes a scope. I guess it will probably be another Marlin.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I dunno Tutt - what 'cha selling? :wink:

I'm kinda like you - firearms are a life-long investment. I rarely sell what I've bought. I'm also like Andrew - very opportunistic, waiting for the deal I know will eventually come if I am patient enough. One of the deals I've been waiting on for a few years now is a shootable, originally 1917 in .30-06. Not a lever I know, but would help fill a gap in my collection of US military rifles. I'm also thinking of having some customization work done on a few guns. Finally, with the way the election this year is heading (I know - more politics!), I may just take the whole gun fund and buy reloading components... :(
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

MIne will be a combination of a gun purchase and a project IM planning on buying an H&R SIngle shot in the 308 Survivor ( its the only one i can get in 308 Win. with the bull barrel ) I then plan to send it out have it re chambered and re bored to 338 Federal and then order and new set of lamintated wood stocks to replace the synthetic " Tactical " stock that will be on it . It iwl problay take about a year to complete but I WANT A DECENT SINGLE SHOT in 338 federal
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

My next gun is a 5" Uberti Schofield Replica in 45 Colt. After that, I'm not sure, but I'll know it when I see it. Kinda "gunned out" at the moment. Took a look at the collection a couple weeks ago and decided that I'm pretty much satisified as it is. I know, I surprised myself when I thought that.
NonPCnraRN wrote: I was going to get a couple of New Vaqueros as I am interested in SASS. It looked like fun. I started reading all the regs and different catagories and got a headache figuring out what I can shoot and what I can wear and yadda, yadda, yadda. I need a carbine that shoots pistol cartridges, when I have a 45-70. But that can only be used in a separate match. If I read the rules correctly I can have a SBH customized to remove the adjustable sight and turn it into a fixed sight gun, but I can't add a SBH hammer to a Vaquero. I can use a Montado if I participate in a mounted match but not for regular 4 gun matches. I can use a tang or ladder sight but not a bolt or receiver peep sight. Were peep sights invented after the 1800s ended? In B Western events I have to dress like Roy or Gene. Why didn't they add you have to be able to strum a guitar and yodel. In some events I can't wear packer boots which look like western boots with laces or wear moccasins! Heck I don't know what to buy! :roll: PS: Should I get 7.5" or 4 5/8" New Vaqueros?
I prefer the 4-5/8" barrel length. Much more balanced than a big long pipe sticking out there.

Good summary on SASS rule obsession and confusion. Exactly why I got out of CAS competition. Used to go to 3 matches a month, in three states. Last time I shot I forgot to toss my western boots in the car and drove 2.5 hrs only to realize I was wearing black running shoes. The match mucky-mucks argued over whether to let me shoot or not, and if so, what penalty for being "out of uniform." I went back to the car, pulled off my shoes and socks and went back to the match tables and said I'd shoot the match barefoot, and did, but not before the "terror-torial governator" present reached for his rulebook.

The fixation on rules was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. The time and expense of going to all those matches was wearing on my schedule and wallet anyway. Now I just shoot with friends against a clock.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I've been building up a fund the last couple of months by selling off a few that I could do without. I'm trying to wait until our big 2 day show, in August. I'd really like to buy a nice #3 Ballard (22cal) or a Deluxe Marlin 1897,1892, or 1894. If not, then I'll use some of the funds to restore a Winchchester 1906 Expert.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Well, not levers but my next two gun purchases are a Browning Sweet Sixteen round knob, vent rib, Belguim and mod choke, the second being either a Fox Sterlingworth or an Ithaca NID, 16 gauge. I may take a year or so to find these....anyone got one?
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Looking at a Sharps. Also considering having a nice Hawken built up...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

wm wrote:Marlin 39?

Browning Hi Power?

Colt Offical Police?

I just don't know......too many interests and not enough money!

Wm
I just traded into an OP...

I wanted to take advantage of the USFA sale... I saw this neat PPS .22... But I've got a lot of projects in the works and haven't really done anything to further them so I really should complete some first. Chief among these is the NWMP 76 repro. However, I also have a 336T in .35 Rem on which I need to install and zero a foolproof. Also, I've yet to get the Lyman 38 repro mounted on the Browning 1895...

I guess I really need to play catch up!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Whats your next firearm purchase???

Post by Old Ironsights »

CowboyTutt wrote:OK, enough of all this political crapola. What is your next firearm purchase? ...
Hard for that NOT to be political decision.... :wink: but most likely if and when I buy another gun it will likely be a NAA Companion .22 Mag C&B &/or a 4" stainless Ruger Old Army.

Otherwise I've got "enough" guns. What I need is more Ammo & reloading components.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Most probably a Shiloh Sharps in some 44 or 45 caliber. Also want the new Mini 14. Depending on which day you find me, one of those two. :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I really don't have anything in mind. In the last few months I have added some nice guns to my collection. I'm always looking for Colt SAA and Winchester levers that are under priced. I plan on slowing down and refining my collection even more. I do this about every 5 years or so. I truly believe in the saying "keep the best sell the rest" plus "always trade quanity for quality". I have done this since I started some 42 years ago and with a teacher/coach income and it has worked well for me in most cases.
"That'll Be The Day"
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Today I send a check for a S&W 21-4, CCH 44 Spcl on layaway as my
choice for a sidearm to my 30-30. Last month was the first decent month
this year and will likely send more than I was planing. I always buy with
the intention of using it the rest of my life. Slowly replacing the 17 I had
to let go about 5 years ago. This years focus is to hunt. This months focus
is to get license, finish fixing the 30-30, get in shape, start scouting. I had
to buy a car in Feb and it needs me to throw some cash at it before I head
into the mountains (service and tires). Don't think I will be buying anything
else n the next few months, if I did it would likely be another 22 or two, so
that I can finish the rimfires and then work on the centerfires.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I don't own an SAA but have always wanted one. There's a Colt third gen about 3-3/4" nickel with faux ivory on a bird's head grip frame in 44-40 that is just about killing me to look at down at one of my local stores. It's just sitting there in it's early 80's box ... tempting me ... all shiny and unused. It's basically a Storekeeper type of arrangement that I favor for its aesthetics. If I bought it though, I would have to immediately acquire an 1892 in 44-40 to match.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I am trying to come up with 2 AR15 rifles before the election.

A SW A2 to keep... and a M4 (any make) to hold and sell on spec.

I have to watch myself... you dont know how many cheap .22's and stuff follow me home...

The basic core of my collection is in place... but I am always looking.

Jeff
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

My next one I think is the NKJ .357 stainless that should be done in Sept or so. I have already paid for the gone, waiting on the work to be completed and have to pay for that. I continue to purge my collection to get down to a reasonable collection that I will shoot and use all the time. Seems like I am trying to hit a moving target in that area. Got the .22lr dept figured out. Sticking with .357/38 and .45lc for now, then there is the 45-70 sharps that I am really happy with. Once I have the .357 lever I desire, then I will have to work on a .45 lever. But for now, the next is the NKJ .357 lever in the wings.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

I think my next one will be the 450 Marlin, 1895M.
Well done is better than well said.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I tend to buy more old parts than complete guns. Always lookin' for rare Winchester stuff, especially 1886 parts. I just bought a complete TD front end assembly, 1/2 oct, very rare configuration and caliber, purchased solely as a user part. It will be hunted this fall for sure.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I'd like to find a deal and proceed ahead getting NIB 1886 Brownings in Hi Grades. Both the SRC and the long gun. 2 or 3 years ago I found the Carbine and Rifle in Hi Grades model 71's Brownings. The guy had the SRC too, NIB, for 1395.00. I took the 71's completing the 4 gun set, but still need the Hi's of 86's. Had I bit my lip and got that SRC, I would only be short 1 gun now to complete the 8 gun set. It's a bunch of bucks, and I will be patient till the right deal comes.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
1988rrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 1988rrc »

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conte ... 73_boi.jsp

I got these last week, not from cabela's and not at that price.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

hahaha... i forgot to add.. some of those .22's and pump shotguns have made good barter for driveway snowplowing and stuff like that.

Lifeis good when your pals all have a crop of young boys needing a "first" gun

Hill
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I really should NOT be buying any guns this year......I need some glass and mounts and reloading stuff and mostly, a VACATION that I badly need......Someday, there will be a mandatory Shilio Sharps, and there are always targets of opportunity in the classified ads here that call to me every so often....You people are a bad influence on me :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

A Ruger #1 or New Model 70 in 06 or a FA 97 in 45 Colt.
Hopefully in the next year.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

BlaineG wrote:... and mostly a VACATION that I badly need ...
You ARE looking a little jaundiced in your picture. :wink:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

New England Firearms, .50 cal. blackpowder rifle.
Blackpowder season is under served back in the Sacramentos
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I know this is heresy, but I have no plans or intentions to buy another firearm in the near or far distant future.

After 55 years of being a gun nut, buying, selling and trading guns, the disease has run it's course. I have owned over 600 firearms. I have had everything I have ever truly wanted.

My interest runs now to building rifles, and shooting cast bullets. I have guns aplenty.

My current project is building a Krag sporter. I have a nice late Krag action that I have just rebarreled with a new 03A3 barrel. I will put a nice black walnut stock on it, done up in pre-ww2 classic style. The sights will be a Redfield receiver rear and a Sourdough patridge.

When that is finished, I will start on q rifle for my son. I have a yummy piece of feather crotch black walnu, 25 years off the stump. Last week I picked up a very good 1921 vintage Springfield 03 double heat treated action for the project. This rifle will also be done up in pure American classic style. You bet it will be a 30-06! It will wear a 24" 1-12 twist barrel.

It won't be a light weight rifle, but if he wants one of those, he can buy one of the current crop of pastic rifles.

After that, I will restock my Marlin 45-70 levergun in high grade wood for my son-in-law.

All of this will keep me busy for a couple of years, then I will see what is next..if anything.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd like: an H&R or other single shot in 7.62x39 - just to see how accurate I could be with that round, and to use up old ammo. 8)

My kid(s) would like: a .38 revolver for my leaving-the-nest kid
a .22 LR RUGER 96/22 for my 10 year old (so I can keep MINE!)
a .223 coyote gun (or AR!) for my middle daughter
a .50 BMG Barrett for my 13 yo son (me too!)

My sensible side says: just buy ammo and primers :?

My dramatic side says: Obama and Hillary will win as Pres and VP, so better stock up on whatever they will ban before they declare martial law. :shock:

My historic side says: look for an old .32-20

My accountant side says: you didn't make enough money last year to buy a used BB gun. :(

My Bill Gates side says: get them all...!

Where's Bill (or his wallet) when you need him...
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: My Bill Gates side says: get them all...!
I think your Bill Gates side is telling you to buy me a .50 BMG as well! A H&K MP5 as well, just in case I need something handy!!! :D
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

Hillbilly wrote:I am trying to come up with 2 AR15 rifles before the election.

Jeff
Not a bad idea at all - maybe some more hi cap Glock mags are in my future
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Noah SAME HERE I loved shoting SASS/CAs matches for years ( probably went to the same ones in hte late 80s ) It go too much trying to figure out rules and it got too GAMEY I liked it when you coud show up with ONE sixgun one rifle and one shotgun and not many had "97s" . It was OK to actualy cock the sixgun and fire you were not laughed at cause you couldnt hold the gun with two hands and "Fan" the hammer with the other thumb . Not fun any more
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

I'm thinking of picking up a Remington 700 SPS in .223 as I've become more interested in precision-shooting with the cost of ammo & components going up so much..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Just sent the money order off for my next one. It's a BLR in 358 Winchester. Wanted one for a long time and finally bit the bullet. I'm very excited for this one. Getting it from MtnGun on this forum. Very nice guy and good to deal with. Will let everyone know how it shoots.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Mine will probably be a .357 revolver, I'm eyeing the Rossi in 4".

I don't want to spend a lot, it's probably not going to be fired that much. Its main purpose is to carry while small game hunting with my soon-to-arrive air rifle.

I'm also considering another 35 Remington to use for shooting cast bullets, leaving my current one for copper and jacketed. But I already have several silhouette guns, so we'll see.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Might be something from Freedom Arms!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Hobie wrote:Might be something from Freedom Arms!
Yeah, you need another gun. :? Did they ever find that Guatemalan family of five that wandered into your gun collection and got lost?