Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Oooooo, I win #96! Maybe SB# 1 will send me his 52"s.

Here they are ...SB #1 and SB #2...notice the big one eats first.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

52s? That reminds me, I saw a Win 52c recently on one of the online stores, the $5000.00 price tag is a bit much if ya ask me!

Coffe still tastes off this morning. I had a little Tabasco, the ONLY hot sauce worth buying, and it's starting to taste right.

That I didn't know about the Burbot, I've only ever seen 1 live one, was in our minnow trap in Quebec. It was only a few inches long so we released it. Just saw a show targeting Burbot, they fished at night , showed them cleaning one, huge liver which the guys ate as well.

6.2 degrees this morning! It's gonna drop a bit more yet too, gonna be cold bird hunting today!

The hardest part of learning medicine is getting the pronunciation correct.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup it dropped to 4.2! Trying to get dressed to go bird hunt, finally found my Woolrich pants, I got too much clothing!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey, Gunny, what type of gloves do you wear when you are bird hunting? I seldom wear gloves but I don't have the low temperatures that you have..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I normally don't wear gloves unless it's cold, like today. What I've taken too is a golf glove, from Amazon- Craftsman golf glove.

Must be mid January, the squirrels are breeding... Well at least they are chasing each other, 4 or 5 at a time up & down , hither & yon.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

6 degrees? .......if you went exactly due west, whats the town in Pa. that equals your latitude? We were at 12 degrees so you must be considerably more north.

Still can't taste Gunny?,..that's the way mom's sisters are.....they are all sick, throwing up, can't taste,..about to the point where they are unfunctional.

Saturday is the day when people go out to shop for the week.......roads are packed near all day......don't think I saw 20 cars in the last two hours and I'm sitting facing the road.

Theres one good thing about extreme cold weather...it gives me a chance to get rid of all those chunks of wood that won't split or stack....chunks of oak where the knots are.....the size of small basketballs........just wing em in there and go to bed.....suckers burns all night.

I really believe the worst is ahead of us...two years with no let up.....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It dropped to 4 degrees by the time the sun came up. Looking at a map, if I go due west, its about midway between Doylestown and Easton.

Yeah I always tried to cut those nasty knots small enough to fit in the stove rather than trying to split em. I've also been known to peel the bark off, flatten 1 plane then run em through the planer and make hot pads, cutting boards or boot jacks out of them. BUT its gotta be pretty grain!

Was a might chilly hunting this morning but I got my 2 birds. Claro had frozen pheasant blood on her, and the natural oil in her coat froze up creating a silver sheen on her saddle. She didn't care! Just happy to have her and the fact she is hunting is all I care about . She will be 9 next week , hope she has a few more seasons in her if not more.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, then your not too far from Allentown....after this Covid thing winds down maybe we can catch up at a show.....

Covid winding down? Ahhh......... Allentown?.....it's full of those people who are south of the border....that's one of the towns they ship them to....notice the crime?.......last time I was up there it looked bad....but.....you can pick up a nice little rancher on a 1/4 acre lot for 50....but next year it will be worth 40.

18 now....pond still has not froze.

Jays working and Fred's on the golf course.....Harry is trying to stay warm......

I can't wait until spring....this S makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Well, getting ready for SB #1.....he's on a eating frenzy.....look how healthy this guy is....
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! How do ya like my new semi invention......took it off an old barbecue grill......running about 400......I set it in an old pulley.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Our private invitational only thread is great......it's like walking in Costco where you have to pay a yearly membership....keeps out the undesirable riff raff........I think we could rename this thread to :D "No Knowledge-No Coversational Skills-No Entry. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, back at work. Still pretty cool up here. The old Hemi flopped over this morning. I let it run about 20 minutes before leaving work. Put it in the garage when I got home.
Not bad for the original battery. It's over 7 years old. I usually get 10 years from a factory battery. More from the high dollar off road ones like in my Jeep.

I see Six is doing more hillbilly engineering. Nice!
That's the mark of a survivor.

Glad you had a good day afield, Gunny. Nothing better. Worst thing about dogs is their short lifespan. Zoey isn't even 6, and we worry about it.

Man! I hate coming in here. At least on the weekend shift the time goes by fast. That's all I'm doing.....marking time till I can get out.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I saw on another thread he was poking his stick to another good guy from Ohio. When is someone going to see the light and boot him for good. Never contributes anything of substance.

I got 13 years from the factory batteries on the Cummins. Mom once got 17 from a Volvo battery! Her new Subaru, 2017 had the battery go bad 2 years ago. The car has 8000mi .

Yeah I'd like to go ice fishin, never enough ice most years. Guess I'll have to head for Maine when bird season starts, stay for Thanksgiving vittels and deer season and wait for the ice. Huh? Sound like a plan Jay?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:11 pm I saw on another thread he was poking his stick to another good guy from Ohio. When is someone going to see the light and boot him for good. Never contributes anything of substance.

I got 13 years from the factory batteries on the Cummins. Mom once got 17 from a Volvo battery! Her new Subaru, 2017 had the battery go bad 2 years ago. The car has 8000mi .

Yeah I'd like to go ice fishin, never enough ice most years. Guess I'll have to head for Maine when bird season starts, stay for Thanksgiving vittels and deer season and wait for the ice. Huh? Sound like a plan Jay?
You bet buddy!

Yeah. Nobody will do anything cause that involves making a decision and taking responsibility. It's easier to "be nice".
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Back at work, that's something I won't ever say again, I done my share of weekend shifts and yes they were usually quieter but retirement has been the best shift I've been on.. :D
Golf gloves ! never thought of those, like you Gunny I only wear gloves when I really have to, if I wear them when it ain't really cold I feel the cold even more.

Cold batteries, my 1950 series one LR needed a small kerosene heater under it in the barn where it was kept in winter and I still had to swing on the starting handle when it got really cold.

I must have missed the stick poking, don't suprise me though.... :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Can't wait to be done with this. I'm on weekend nights by choice. Only 2 of us in the whole place. Quiet. No management. No meetings or stupid BS.

Gloves are just a given here. And light thin ones won't cut it. Especially if you have to hold onto a rifle or shotgun continuously. ARs are brutal. Especially with free float aluminum forends. Places like here are where the virtues of an AK show through. You can almost run it with mittens on. Huge trigger guard and simple controls taking no fine motor skills. The very short length keeps the muzzle out of the snow, also. An M1 carbine would be super if not for the small trigger guard and safety. M1 and M14 are made difficult by the safety protruding into the trigger guard.
That said, a 92 or 94 Trapper is an excellent setup, and what I use the most when knocking around in winter.

Cold is the test of everything. I've always been a firm believer in this.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I tell women at the office about old man’s disease. Happens when they close their world in around them until they seem right in their own minds … they laugh, love it and agree (the women that is). Then they see getting along with him only involves going along with the fantasy, and disregarding it of course. :wink:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Guess that explains why the wife and I get along so well. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Batteries have never been so good.....I changed out the Ribicons battery at 12 years and mom's at 10 years...and neither one was bad....I "was told" that new batteries don't give you the warning that the old ones do....."they" claim one day it's great and the next click click...

The one in mom's is in Ole Yeller and just the other day after sitting for 2 months ...or more, I turned da key and she fired right up.

"Old Man's Disease" can be attributed to many variables.....with me, I just can't stand people anymore for a million reasons and with the place where I live I have no need for interaction......I get all of the interaction I want right here.....Mom loves it with me at home....we laugh, play with the dogs, go day tripping, S away money with what's left over from our 4 monthly deposits.....

I planned for it my entire life and we deserve it...it was my sweat and thinking.....

The downfall comes from boredom like right now...it's winter and nasty.....at least in the old days, work would break that up....but I have enough work around here and instead of doing a three hour job in one hour I now do a one hour job in 6 hours.......

SB#1 causing issues? That's because he is very very unhappy and is doing "long time" where a minute is an hour......a torturous existence.......similar to being locked in a closet with no light.....I truly hope he lives to be 100.....I can see him gritting his decayed teeth right now. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:01 pm Batteries have never been so good.....I changed out the Ribicons battery at 12 years and mom's at 10 years...and neither one was bad....I "was told" that new batteries don't give you the warning that the old ones do....."they" claim one day it's great and the next click click...

The one in mom's is in Ole Yeller and just the other day after sitting for 2 months ...or more, I turned da key and she fired right up.

"Old Man's Disease" can be attributed to many variables.....with me, I just can't stand people anymore for a million reasons and with the place where I live I have no need for interaction......I get all of the interaction I want right here.....Mom loves it with me at home....we laugh, play with the dogs, go day tripping, S away money with what's left over from our 4 monthly deposits.....

I planned for it my entire life and we deserve it...it was my sweat and thinking.....

The downfall comes from boredom like right now...it's winter and nasty.....at least in the old days, work would break that up....but I have enough work around here and instead of doing a three hour job in one hour I now do a one hour job in 6 hours.......

SB#1 causing issues? That's because he is very very unhappy and is doing "long time" where a minute is an hour......a torturous existence.......similar to being locked in a closet with no light.....I truly hope he lives to be 100.....I can see him gritting his decayed teeth right now. :D
Yup. All true.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster,
I said it before......take advice which you already know.....do what your told...be marginal in your work, shut your mouth, show up on time and go home.

As soon as your able get out.....The plant where I worked is only 1.8 miles away and while I pass it several times a week I have never stopped in since June 30 of '16. ----00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh yeah buddy. That's why I'm on weekend nights. It's all just marking time now, and this is the least amount of time I can spend here.
I will not be here 1 minute past when I can get out. Not one.
People say, "Don't wish your life away.". Well, this ain't life. This is a prison sentence. Due to taxes, it's slave labor for over half the year as I see it.
Nope. Pizz on em! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea my,man...I know what you mean....in all reality, the first 1/3 of the year...say ..4 months.....goes to lazy people but most of it goes to programs for other countries who want to kill us.....we buy ther friendship much like I used to do at work.......

For $10 a week, paid fellow employees could sit wth me in the lunchroom or at meetings. For $15 a week they could stop me while I'm driving the forklift and chat, and always when there were other people around so these paid people could say, "there goes my best friend, Six."......I even had a few guys wait in the parking lot ($50) after work so others could see them getting into my Jeep and the only thing I did was drive around the block where they had a car stashed where I immediately told them to "get the F out, you fish!"

Once a year I had a "pool" and it cost $100 to get in and I had anywhere from 20-35 people pay and the winner could go hunting with me...always local mind you, usually behind the plant..... plus it was after work at 2:30 and it was dark by 5.

Well, your doing fine young man.......aren't you glad that you, Gunny, Tom, Harry and me don't have to do "long time"? Fred don't count as he's in a higher tier level than we are.....
Model A Uzi’s
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Had fun on the ice, I caught two northern pike. Little guy in this picture caught two pike and a 7# ling, told him I would trade him my two pike for his ling, he said no but that I could have as much of the ling to eat as I wanted. He’s my girlfriends grand nephew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

How thick is the ice Harry...and temps?...looks mighty cold there---00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahaha!
You ain't right man! Where do you come up with this stuff? :D

Been toying with playing with that 1903 Colt I got for free this summer. I've never shot one and I've heard they shoot and work really well.
It's a Colt manufactured JMB design. How bad could it be?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Looks like a good time Harry! Glad you got out.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:07 pm How thick is the ice Harry...and temps?...looks mighty cold there---00
Ice was 15” and temps were mid 30’s Friday and low 40’s today (above zero :) )
The wind got up Friday night, was about 50mph, I had put 6 ice anchors in and they all held. Some were not so lucky.
Trump 2024

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Harry....wow..15"'thick....never seen it that thick..ever.

Ice anchor? Got to look that one up.....

It's 12 now and we have not seen it this cold in several years....I went outside and pharted and all the wild animals thanked me for the extra heat.---006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was the same way at the lumberyard, after 7 years of six day weeks and doing my best to be 3 people I was so stressed I couldn't even stand upright. It's been almost 8 years and I don't miss it at all!

It now 1.8 degrees at 530 am.

I haven't ice fished since I was a kid, would be fun to do again but like Six says normally not enough ice.

1-3" of snow tonight, maybe some rain thrown in. NOT what I would like to see, eith the snow will be very heavy or a layer of ice- that makes it hard to move!

A 7 pound ling, that's some mighty fine eating!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's 8 below here. 17 below with the wind. Not as bad as yesterday. They keep going back and forth between 5 to 8, and 8 to 12 inches here. We'll see I guess. Hopefully none, but I highly doubt that.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dropped to 1.7 , warmed up to 3 2 now. Gonna be chilly bird hunting again this morning!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Ice anchors and the do-hicky to screw them in, I’ve done it buy hand but using the drill with the do-hicky is much faster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh, Ok..thanks Harry.....makes sense........I guess you could do the same thing with large 3/8'ths "wood threaded" eye hooks about 6" long.......drill a 1/4" hole and stick a long screwdriver in the eye and turn it in.

Yea Gunnye.....your way north.....our lowest was 10.............never noticed but I have this one thermometer that records the highest and lowest and the last 24 hours...always wondered what those numbers were for.

Wheres Old Savage??

Very interesting ..."old man disease".....yea, I have it.......and I rationalize it.....makes sense to me as I've had enough of being out with other people....seen and done everything I've ever wanted to do. I've always felt better and more relaxed at home so WTF do I need to see other people for?
Packing up a mess of guns, ammo and all the necessary gear is a major job for an upstate championship match.....making sure the guns are sighted, extra back up guns, and a million little things ........and the results are always the same...see the same people.....spend $500....finish up in the upper end of my class (AAA)...and once in a while I'd win or high place.....

But it was always the locals who won the big trophies...the ones 3' high....these guys were good shooters but.....they always stacked the odds in their favor....sunlight, 3 ounce triggers, high vis front sights, jacketed bullets, ....so one day, while leaving I told Gunny...."I'm never coming back."

The levergun silhouette game was started so the average people could use regular guns that we use for hunting and these guys turned them into target guns.....just like the cowboy action game.....guys using 38 spl's and 2 grains of Bullseye, 1/2 ounce shotgun loads, short stroking their replica 1873's...
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Its the same in international trap, the Olympic ruling body decided to reduce loads to 24 grams ( about 13/16 oz) of shot and remove the speed restrictions. That allows patterns to get a little more sporadic thus reducing scores. When I started shooting the game you were allowed up to ounce & ¹/⁴, then it was ounce &¹/⁸ then it was an ounce. Now im not complaining as I have shot very good scores with the 24 gram reloads I developed. Like you say, match ammo of 1200 fps throw the best patterns, most bunker loads are 1325- 1400 and I think the patterns are inconsistent. But what do I know.

Brrrr, even Parker had snotcicles this morning! 3 birds in the bag today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Six those have a long tapered section, maybe 3” worth. The thing you have to watch is if the sun is out it will heat the anchors just enough to melt the ice around them. When that happens, just after dark I will reset the anchors. If you’re not familiar with ice fishing nowadays these guys have 30k plus mobile ice houses with tv, cook stove, bunk 6-8 people, full size fridge, wet bars.
They all have retractable axels so they sit flat on the ice.
Last edited by harry on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2024

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Trump 2024

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, if you know you have it … you don’t really have it ;-)

But it’s probably coming 😅
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We always anchor our shack the hillbilly way. Never had those anchors till a few years back anyway.
We drill a hole with the auger on all 4 corners of the shack, tie rope around a piece of 2x4 longer than the diameter of the hole, then push it down through the hole so it catches under the ice. Then tie it to the shack. Next morning that hole is all froze anyway.
The biggest issue is when the sun hits the shack every day, it will slowly melt around it. Usually, the shack sits in a little depression over the season. In the spring when the thawing starts, it will fill with water. For this reason, we Jack the shack up and put it on blocks so it doesn't freeze in.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I have a frabill tent type ice house, I would really like to build a hard side ice house because I get darn tired of listening to the sides flap in the wind.
Trump 2024

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have an Eskimo pop up too. In case we want to go somewhere different.
The ice shack does double duty. In the fall we haul it up to our property and use it as a base camp. Gives us a place for a hot meal, to warm up, or change clothes. It works really well.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea.....just like any sport...it becomes a no sport.......$20,000 ice "shacks". :D :D .....hunters with "cabins" in a tree complete with a TV and stove.....every kind of scent imaginable....special clothes......rifles that reach out to 500 yards......heated clothes that repel water.......$500 boots.....arctic circle long underwear....ATV's to haul back your game......cell phones.....2 way radios......4 wd vehicles with $1500 tires and winches....watches that have the Internet.....guys that bring their girlfriends....

Where are the days of cotton long underwear, work boots, a 30-30 with open sights, wool hat, the one mile walk to where your hunting..out of a cold car with snow tires and chains....and a half pint of Old Crow to keep you warm? Heck, we would wear a plastic bag for underwear and would trap the heat from gas before we sat on a snowy stump....

I still don't get it with the old man disease.....unless your filthy rich every old guy I've ever known just putters around the house.

Birdman of Leverguns
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey now Mr. Bird!
I shot my deer this year with an iron sighted 30-30, after walking a mile to my stand. Still had to drag it a good bit of the way by hand.
Now granted.....I had on a Cabelas base layer.... but the rest of me was dressed in wool.
Work boots? Ain't nobody gettin away with that up here. I had on LaCross Alpha Burly's. I think they were 130 bucks. :D
We have 100 bucks in the ice shack.

Don't be layin' that "suit wearin', guide hirin', outta stata money boy talk on this old hick! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm to the point where I spend big money on footwear, it's not worth it to buy cheap shoes or boots that ya only get a year out of. Soles falling off, stitching pulls out , don't stay waterproof. Nope not gonna do it. Last year I bought a pair of Kennetrek Extreme boots, made in Italy and over 400 bucks. Talk about a comfortable boot out of the box!then I got a pair of their safari boots for warm weather.

Never fished from a shack, always stood on the ice with cold feet :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Watch those pruners guys :shock:
Pruning the lilacs and they fought back.
Trump 2024

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh I bet you said schucky darn when you did that! That must have been an interesting feeling?

Going to work this morning and I had quite the amusement park ride! Around a turn and a little slipping, into next turn and I'm sideways, steer, brake, dump the clutch, spin the wheel and get straightened out, then a bit farther down the road and she gets sideways again, in the other direction. Back under control to another slight turn and there she goes back the other way! I was not speeding by any stretch of the imagination. That stretch of the road is always shaded, down hill, no drainage and after the past 2 days of very cold then snow and rain over night it was SLICK! Woke me up that's for sure...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

JBird, old man’s disease has to do with outlook not activity.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

At least it ain't your trigger finger Harry......but ouch all the same.

Even though we haven't had any real cold weather over here my wood pile was looking a bit depleted for the time of year, so I fired up the old chainsaw and spent a few hours replenishing the pile. Forcasters are saying will get snow and freezing temperatures in a few days but they say that every winter and it hardly ever happens..

I've watched a lot of ice fishing videos but it's not something I'm ever likely to see for real.. :(

Gunny there always seemed to be more black ice about when I had a motorcycle.... :?

OS I have the symptoms of old man's disease but when I look at the hassle of having an active social life I think "stuff it" I've had had enough of other people to last me two lifetimes.... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pruning lilacs Harry?
We call those fingers here. :D
Ouch! Sorry buddy. The worst thing about doing that thus time of year, as you know, is it dries out in the cold and cracks. Heals slow and stays sore. I been there buddy. Try and keep it from dryin out in the cold.
Least it was AFTER you went ice fishing. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Never having a motorcicle i never had that problem. There was running water on top of that ice this morning!

My trigger finger is the one I stuck with a trout fly a couple years ago, there is a permanent callous on that spot now. Also the same finger I cut on the bandsaw, but that was on the big knuckle. The left thumb that I shredded has nerve damage, boy im glad cold doesn't effect it!!

Well still spitting here, was thinking about getting in the blind this afternoon but just texted a bud who has been out all day and he hasn't seen a thing... the deers are hunkered down and I dont think they're going to move today...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

GK, far as I can tell you don’t have it.