Greener GP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Greener GP

Post by barbarossa »

This came up for sale recently and I just couldn’t pass it up even though I promised myself no new guns for a while.I guess I have weak will power.This is the nicest GP I have seen so I had to give in and buy it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Greener GP

Post by 2ndovc »

Completely understandable! :D
That's a very pretty rifle!

I have one Cadet I bought a long time ago that had a really poorly converted barrel in .357 Magnum. I had it rebarreled to .25WCF and a fantastic shooter.
The large frame Martini was converted by Greener to .22lr. I picked that one out of a pile of Martinis from Navy Arms way back when they used to do the Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc. shows. Another tack driver that knocked off a lot of varmints on the little farm I had in a different lifetime.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I love martini rifles here s a couple more of mine a j vennables francotte martini and a greener both in 22lr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations, probably the most robust shotgun ever made in Birmingham. Long after I left Westley Richards and took up gamekeeping, I was invited to a trip around the Webley and Scott factory where the Greener GP was then made. The prices have risen quite a bit in the last few years, I should have got one when they were cheaper.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Very fine Greener, Barbarossa. Just look at those lovely case colors, er, colours. 8)
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Ive always wanted a 10 gauge greener double barrel
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:47 pm I should have got one when they were cheaper.
I say that about a lot of things nowadays... :roll: