Off Topic question for GunnyMack.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Off Topic question for GunnyMack.....

Post by .45colt »

Hello, I'm just wondering about Your setup with the pellet stove. do You run one or two? upstairs and in the basement? My Son put one upstairs and is so Happy with it He wants to put one in the basement. Thank You.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Off Topic question for Gunny.....

Post by GunnyMack »

I started with a Harmon stove in the basement, was so pleased that I got another Harmon for the main floor. I start the basement stove usually mid November and run the main floor stove when its really cold, like today!
About once every 2 weeks I shut it down to clean then fire it right back up. I do love the pellet stoves, easy heat and I can put all my fuel in a day.
This past summer I built a 4x4x8 box complete with casters and a chute in the basement, now I just pour my pellets into the box, no more carrying 3 tons in bags! I'm going to make another 4x4x4 box this spring for the overflow of a fourth ton.
20210828_164229.jpg
20210828_164253.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Off Topic question for GunnyMack.....

Post by GunnyMack »

The chute is 8" pvc pipe i split in half, hinged it in the middle.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thanks Gunny ! My Son moved two doors down about 1 1/2 years ago. the house had propane heat... :shock: ...I tried to stay out of it but when they got hit with a bill of $1400.00 last spring all bets were off. I got a Key stoker coal furnace 8 years ago for the basement. (hard anthracite coal). We have a Harmon http://thestoveplace.com/product/harman ... oal-stove/ stove upstairs that burns wood or hard coal as well. And if the dems are worried about climate change let them come here today......it's about 18* outside and my living room is 83* and the draft is only 1/3 the way open., I love Coal.
And I have to say that the pellet stoves are way more user friendly than what I have.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Warmer there than here, maybe a high of 15 with wind all day.
Burning coal/wood/ oil is still better for the environment than what all those electric car batteries!
I say screw em, I drive diesel trucks, oil furnace, when the sun burns out in another 4 billion years will it really matter ?
Besides what they are calling climate change is normal.

Oh here I go again! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!