Headed for Colorado (Local law question.).

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Headed for Colorado (Local law question.).

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I checked the reciprocity agreements with Texas and the relevant Colorado law and I see that the State now recognizes my Texas carry permit. [It has been a while since I have spent time in Colorado.]

However, I seem to recall that Colorado has some sort of new legislation that allows for local governments to restrict the carriage of a pistol. Any Colorado residents who can fill me in on this?
JimT
Shootist

Re: Headed for Colorado (Local law question.).

Post by JimT »

Give Tom Peterson a call. He's in Colorado Springs and works Law Enforcement.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

JimT wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:45 pm Give Tom Peterson a call. He's in Colorado Springs and works Law Enforcement.
Well that's handy....I'm going to Colorado Springs.

If you have contact information, please send to me in a PM.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

DONE!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tutt- just don't get caught :lol:

When I lived in Trinidad CO all us gunnies carried. The local PD knew us as we made sure to meet & greet them. They never gave us any trouble.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

My uncle used to live in Trinidad from 1977-1979 where he attended the gunsmithing school. I visited him there in June 1979 and have fond memories of the trip including some of the people involved with the school, both students and faculty. It's interesting to note that PO Ackley founded that school in the late 1940s or early 1950s. When did you live there? Maybe we've met!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was there '91-94.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

^^^ Nope , guess not! It was an interesting town, for me at least coming from PA, having never been in the west before.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes, lots of history. From The Santa Fe trail to Billy the Kid. Second largest county in the state, lowest population of which 90% were on welfare( at the time) and most bars per capita. Oh and other than the roads in town just 2 paved roads, I25 and a state highway. I miss it out west.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Headed back to Texas!!!!

I actually saw a big tattooed dude in a party dress,a big wig and 4 inch heels calling out numbers at Drag Queen Bingo. Some things you just can’t unsee.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Scott, when I lived in Trinidad it was the sex change capital of the world- honest! It was a 3 year gig, 'they' moved in from all over the world . 1 year for psychology treatment then a year of surgery and then the 3rd year was learning to be a " woman" .
There was one called Tranny Annie. Rumor was that he/she was a green beret in Nam. It wasn't until ya saw the Adam's apple that ya knew what ya cant unsee! Worked at the tannery in town.
Supposedly a guy from India came for the treatment, returned home to find out she was now a second class citizen and came back and had it reversed!
The unofficial Trinidad slogan was
Trinidad Colorado- where the men are men, so are the women and the sheep are confused !

Beretta sent a guy to give us a week long armourers course. He smoked so one day we are all standing out front and he is puffing away when Tranny Annie walked by, this guy was drooling, we were all laughing. Someone finally told him , he started to go out back to have his smoke break.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!