Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! I won page 84! Thanks Jeepnik.......OK, who's buying?----00
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...that boy of yours is baaaadddd looking...also, being young and in the service makes him doubly baaaddd....

And thank you, you are right.....I thank the Lord everyday for my blessings......although I have no idea what big money is, I live comfortable always having what I needed and most of what I've wanted. Like you, I used old stuff and maintained it while the other jerks were whore hounding in the bars and pushing a weeks pay up their nose.

We all here on the P.I. thread are pretty much alike thinkers, except Old Savage.....HE is a true "Mr. Big".

You think I'm gonna bust on mom? That's what I vented to you guys! You take mom and Kristy, put them together and call it an army. For real, my wife is not afraid of nothing.....one day I'll tell you about the black woman who was gonna kick mom's Yorkie one time.......believe I already told you guys about the bro that called here looking for my daughter when she was about 14....whew! when mom gets mad, watch out.....you don't mess with her kids or dogs.....me? I'm expendable.---006

Well, headed down to the dungeon...gonna put the scope back on the Realtree Anaconda.....maybe sell it....crazy money out there.....----Double o Gunny and Single O Jay and Buckshot Six, 3 and 1/2" mag GK and 9 shot low brass Fred (.410)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! You got it. I ain't won a page in forever. Now, if I was one of these new age whiners, I'd be screaming how it ain't fair and that everyone should be a winner. :D
Nope.

I'm heading down to my dungeon too. Kristy hits the hay early. I can't go to bed that early. I'll wake up at midnight and that will be it.

And, you are right about people. Most are really stupid.
The reason they want money is because they think what they buy with it will make them happy.
Happy ain't got nothing to do with money. As long as you have a roof over your head and 3 squares a day, you have what you need. Happy comes from IN YOU. Nothing can MAKE you happy.
I'm sure to most people I don't have a whole lot. But to me, I have everything. I've had a great life, and am very lucky.
Well.....maybe that 55, 94, and 95 you were talking about. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok bro......ooohh...wait a minute...Birdman is calling..hold on.....

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Jay....Birdman here...Six is dropping off a Rossi at the pool.......

OK, where's was we? Oh! Yea, bro gots it.......

Six says he gonna take pictures and dens we gits unwanted visitors tryin' to steels are loot.....

Loot makes the world go 'round....pennies and nickels won't get you far but real loot keeps your feet on da ground.....

Six gave me somethin' to smoke....don't knows what it be but it stinks....wish he'd git backs toon...

Oh! Da pool....wait....

Birdman of Leverguns?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ain't had a Colt 45 in a long time! The malt liquor.....I've had Colts in 45 since I was a kid.
Well....I had Colt 45 when I was a kid too. :D

I'm sitting here smoking Kools and watching Shaft. :D

Nooooo! I'm watching The Great Escape. Drinking 45, but no Kools. :D
Man! Now I remember why I only buy this every 5 years or so. :D
Stuff ain't made for Honkey's. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jayster.l.that Colt 45 Malt liquor is some wicked stuff...I drank it for about 20 years, slugging down two 16 ounces everyday at lunchtime then drove back to the plant.......I'd kill a couple of cases a week. That stuff will give you a good buzz...in fact, a little more than a buzz....a stupor. :D

You got yo 45 Auto and yo Malt......sheeeeeeeettt.....what's that other thing, an old radio?

Is that one of my Winchesters on the wall? Oooo...wait, I don't have any of those receiver sights...all mine are tang...Pune tang...or Lyman's....

Hey, I have this Colt Anaconda Realtree made in 1996 only.....it's somewhat rare.......only has maybe 200 rounds out of it....matching 2x7 Redfield scope, original soft case and box....all the paperwork along with the rear sight that can only be put on when the scope is off.

You want it...I'm tired of looking at it...I'm thinking $1,000 but will settle for less.----006. If you don't want it, I'll put it back for a rest.---006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...here's those other guns you were axing foe.--006

Model 55...check out the tight wood to metal fit, excellent wood, excellent blue....original tang sight...very little use...blue dissolved on the receiver.plus, it's a takedown.

Has a target aperture ...easily changed

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! That's nice, but I don't know......
Think I will wait. Don't hold it for me buddy.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That 55 is beeeeutiful man! Don't see many up here. I know a guy with one but not as nice as that.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, I'll give you a day or two to think about it.....in the meantime get ready for the Nazi's to machine gun the escapees.i don't know who I hate more, the Nazis or the nips

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Here's the SRC.....Don't think it has more than a couple of boxes out of it...you don't see wood like that on a SRC,,,,,usually all beat to heck.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The 95 in 30-40....another NICE one!--00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You're killing me bro!
And You're right! They are feeding the belt in the MG42 now!

No question for me. I have a much softer spot for the Germans than the Japs. The regular Whermacht grunts anyway. They were first class fighters under horrid conditions. They never whined either. Had relatives killed in both theaters, so that isn't it. Just have more respect for the Krauts.

Man! Those are all nice buddy! Told Kristy today that you got some stuff I'd like to have. Have to get down to see you too, man! Been too long.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hitting the hay buddy! I've had it.

Yup. It ended the same as I remembered :D.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Unless you have a new Rossi none of tha counts..
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:07 am Unless you have new Rossi none of tha counts..
Fred,
If your good and promise not to wear a suit and tie on Christmas, I'll send you this low wall half rd/oct with a 36" 6x scope in caliber 32-20!--006

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well, I see I set someone up again! And that someone doesn't give me squat...

No malt liquor here, unless ya think bourbon counts? Of which a customer gave each of us a bottle the other day. A bottle of 1792 Kentucky bourbon. Meh, it's ok but not great.

In school, we decided to try and get into the national forest and camp over spring break. SNOW kept us out as the road wasn't passable. We tried lots of times to break trail, full size Ford, Land Cruiser, Chevy S10, my Toyota pickup, guess what went farther than anything else before we had to hook up and pull it back out? A Subrau Brat. Just light enough to get on top and go, kinda like that Panda.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I had a buddy that had one of those Subaru Brats!
We were standing at the top of this hill/bank, the top 6 feet were straight up. He got a run and came up over with that thing mashed to the carpet. You could see the whole underneath of that thing he got so much air. The ground shook when it came down. :D
Another time he and I was in it at the top of this sand pit wall. It must have been 80-100ft high. There was a lip and 4ft drop at the top. We "decided" we could go down it.
When we drove over the edge, it hung up on the belly and teetered there just like in the movies. All 4 wheels in the air. We couldn't open the doors, so we started rocking ourselves front to back in unison. Lemme tellya......when that puppy nosed over the laughing stopped. We were looking straight down and were lucky the sand was soft enough to keep our speed somewhat checked. We still hit the bottom pretty hard.
I seem to recall that thing didn't last all that long. Can't imagine why......? :shock:
I wish we'd had cameras and video more than once over the years. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Subaru Brats 💕 if only the Japs would start making them again... 8)
Gunny you are correct about the Brat and the Panda gliding over the snow and mud, I was leaving a 4x4 event and on a very muddy carpark when a Landrover Defender decided to sit on my tail, I gave the Panda just a little more gas and left the Landrover stuck in a rut... :lol:
The Russian Lada Niva also gained my respect after seeing what it was capable of. I had a 1litre Suzuki 410 at the time (1985) and that too would go through hell and high water without a hiccup...
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah I wanted to find a Brat and get a VW diesel put in it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've wheeled all my life.
Weight is one of the most important, and overlooked, factors that contribute to success.
That was the secret of the old flatties and CJs. They actually had very little clearance, but would still go anywhere. They were always dragging and banging. The u-bolts under the springs on mine were bent over 90 degrees and peened to twice their diameter. What passes as a "Jeep" now is absolutely bizarre. The reason they are all on 40s is because they are too big to maneuver and so heavy that as soon as they ground out they are stopped.
Let alone all the useless garbage everyone bolts all over them.
I save weight everywhere I can. I also check the weight of EVERY component I add or change.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Those Brats..were they like a little pick up truck? My BIL had one back around 1977....I remember the year because I had a '76 Ford 4x4 XLT back in the day when no one around here had a 4wd....I rolled it...drunk...the Ford....and a few others....

Wasn't the winter of 77-78 where we had that massive snow storm?

Some of the crazy stuff we did but I never went as far as Jay and his buddies....I never intentionally destroyed stuff by going up or down vertical cliffs and coming down hard....drank a few bottles of whiskey and cans of beer and threw em in the bed of the truck though. :D In those days there were no open bottle laws.....in fact, not much of any laws...we did as we pleased...I still do...that's why I carry a million dollars worth of insurance........some people never grow up and I'm one of them....

Hey GK...if England is always wet, foggy, misty, whatever you would think you guys get a lot of snow....tell us about the north...lots of snow? With rare exceptions I've never been much further than a mile or two down the road.

Woke up at 8....could not sleep.....looked out back and saw s.on the back patio...only foxes do that .....now I have to run the fence line to figure out how he got in....mom's madder than a hornet at me as fox s has worms and other nasty stuff.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Jay on the newer Jeeps "passing as Jeeps"....my dad told me the old Packards and other heavy cars would cut right through the snow with their skinny tires....

When I was a kid delivering newspapers my bike was hell in the snow...I'd wheel right through 20 feet snow drifts. My dad put studs on my tires as we needed the money I was making ..a dollar a day...he'd make me go out in all kinds of crazy weather but he'd give me a pint of Old Crow to keep myself warm...I was 12.....he also made me sleep outside in the snow so I'd stay used to being cold...then I'd have to walk 16 miles to school everyday......my parents would take the money I earned and drink it up but sometimes would give me a dime for a soda pop. I had a pet dog but I had to eat it to survive. I even ate little kids that strayed too far from home.

And people today think they had it rough.---006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay....you are keeping some pretty "rough company". :D

Mom told me what you wrote of Facebook with me and Wayne LaPierre. :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

HA! I wondered if you saw that! Gave me a chuckle.

Hey! Sounds like you grew up in Maine in the 70s. :D

We didn't wreck new stuff. It was usually pretty rough by the time we got it.
And that Brat didn't get hurt going down that sand pit wall, but I was worried about the occupants for a few seconds. :D

The good ole days........
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six, sorry to hear you had a tough childhood, I too had it hard I had to get up half-hour before I went to bed :!:
The North of England has the most snow, the South where I am has little to no snow most winters. We folks from further north joke about the "soft southerners" their beer is ain't up to much and they whine about everything, not too friendly either :( when I was working if anyone offered me a cup of coffee or tea I used to say your not from the south then :?:

I am waiting for someone to start making smaller pickup trucks without 4 door cabs, the old ones are getting harder to find.
autowp.ru_proton_jumbuck_3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

00, I haven’t worn so much as a tie in many years so on that 32-20, could you get that outdated scope off there, looks clumsy. And, you are a handy guy and that thing looks dangerous. Do you suppose you could install one of those dandy cross bolt safeties that they used on the 94s for a while. Those are nifty!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes a little pickup.
A tie? I dont even own a tie. Heck I dont have any clothes that require ironing or dry cleaning well except for my wool hunting clothes.

Ha!
" i dont believe that generically modified food is a problem, I just had a leg of salmon and I feel fine"
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm with you Gunny, I've been eating fish fingers for years no problems...

I keep the odd tie for weddings and funerals but dressings up in smart duds ain't something I do anymore...a few folks have even said I look like a cowboy and I take that as a compliment.... :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK GK......that pick up looks like a bumble bee. Thanks on the snow info in the Kings Land.....yea, no matter where you go, people complain and whine or sometimes, "both". :D I could use your expertise on how to dress with class. That Old Savage guy is very uppity and I need to impress him when he comes out to steal my 32-20 single shot......

looks like we are all slobs, even Fred don't dress up. My idea of dressing up is a new pair of jeans with a fresh Sturgis 2021 bike rally T shirt, pair of nice military boots and a "don't tread on me" hat.

You know, I don't like others crashing our party....they give their two cents worth and leave. Why can't they just stay and contribute with some humor. I think that's why Itchy left .....didn't seem to be too happy. I keep envisioning splotches of paint losses on Itchy's John Deere in the shape of a 👅 tongue.

Well...got to make a move and head outdoors!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:40 pm Here's the SRC.....Don't think it has more than a couple of boxes out of it...you don't see wood like that on a SRC,,,,,usually all beat to heck.
Hey bud,
I was going to post last night, but got tired.
This is my 30-30 SRC. It's a little earlier than yours, cause it pre dates the "lightning bolt letters". This one is in 274k range. It's in pretty good shape, with good wood. Cool that it has an express sight. Only issue is the ring missing. I've had it for 20 years, you'd think Ida put one on it by now. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Standard summer and winter office attire and a big Cottonwood limb that came down on the golf course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gee Fred, who's the sweetie with the purple hair? If a fight breaks out I'm on her side... :wink:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Geeze Fred do you really have that many unread emails?
Thats one thing I dont care for with apple products, lots of apps that I dont necessarily want. No they don't take up much memory but if I want those then I'll get myself. Ya cant delete em either. With Android ya can atleast turn em off.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:57 am Hey Six, sorry to hear you had a tough childhood, I too had it hard I had to get up half-hour before I went to bed :!:
The North of England has the most snow, the South where I am has little to no snow most winters. We folks from further north joke about the "soft southerners" their beer is ain't up to much and they whine about everything, not too friendly either :( when I was working if anyone offered me a cup of coffee or tea I used to say your not from the south then :?:

I am waiting for someone to start making smaller pickup trucks without 4 door cabs, the old ones are getting harder to find.
autowp.ru_proton_jumbuck_3.jpg
Can't really blame the manufacturers. They make what people buy. Currently the four door pickup (I happen to like them) are the new version of the mini van. Soccer mom's love them. Teenage girls love them. Most of them never carry anything heavier than a bikini top in the bed (interesting story but no for a family forum). I actually get strange looks when I go to Home Depot and then put stuff like lumber in the bed.

Like Jeeps, trucks are no longer used for their intended purpose by the owners.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Sixgun
Posting leader...

talRe: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....it's even harder to find an early SRC in that condition than mine......274k?...right around 1900..... I like that tight wood to metal fit...loads of blue for any Winchester from that era....those were tools in those days.....how's the bore?.

Your really holding out on me.....show some of that stuff....what's the use of having it all if you don't show it off? Does Trump show off with his name on everything? Do celebrities show off their mixed race babies?....does Jeff Bezos show off by spending a couple of mil to go to space? What makes them any more important than us?

That's right, they put their pants on just like we do but if a peon like me shows off nice stuff, I'm being a loud mouthed braggart. I can hear em talking.."who's he think he is".....no, I don't apologize for having nice stuff and you shouldn't either...lets see some of those half mag carbines...

Shrapnel and Kirk D stop in a couple of times a year to show their stuff off, contribute virtually nothing and people gush, wishing they were them. I contribute more in a week than they do in a year and im ignored.....good, just the way I like it.....Ooooooo Shrapnel, can I be you? :D

ImageT

Here..another show off..a nickel steel extra lightweight in 45-90....one of a couple of dozen,if there's that many...and I have TWO of them. :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Check this guy out...they don't come much better than him......look at him cruising with the racers? I took this pic off the TV....

Either that purple haired chick is 6' tall or Fred is a midget. The other one...with the whackers....is she the real eastate manager?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. It has a nice bore. I bought it and a 92 SRC in 44 the same time from my buddy. Long time ago. Maybe 20 years. Little less. The 92 isn't as nice as the 94, but as a rule, 92s are always rougher up here.

I tell ya bro, that 86 is smokin! Just beautiful. As I've aged, I've come to really like the extra lightweight 86s. When I was younger, I only liked the earlier style, and that is where I went wrong. Big mistake. That being said, there are very few 86s of any kind up here. When you do see them, they are lightweights. Country is too hard to get around in.

Give me a little while and I will post some pics.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ahhhhhhh...wwwaaaaaaiiiiiiiiittttttiiiinnnnggggggg! :D

Jay..the older '86's are heavyweights..like 10 pounds.....but Lordy, if you find one with a good bore they shoot better than the lightweights....this one is my most accurate...40-65....still has a fair amount of colors left.......on paper it will do 4-5" ....at 300 meters..yes, meters....

The tang sight is windage adjustable and was only made for 2 years..'96-'97....the sight alone is worth the same as a half dozen Rossi's. :D look how massive it is.....yea...it's MINE!!!.....others need not apply. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six you won 84, this was 1984.

I am in at 5’9”. She is a volley ball player. Her little sister who only has me by a couple inches was in the office today.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes buddy! I have NOTHING that nice.
Here is another 94 carbine. This one in 32WS from 1907. Only downside is it's gumwood, bit it's in nice shape.
And.......I paid 300 bucks for it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This is my only 86. A 45-90 from 1888. It's not super but not bad. Especially for these days. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Half mag 38-55 SRC. It has considerable finish wear, but is clean, straight, and honest with nice wood and perfect bore. I bought it for 500 bucks.
Interesting side note...
While I have no provenance, it was owned by the last Harrington of Harrington and Richardson Arms Co.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That stuff you have is NICE...for real....I know these things......all well taken care of...no beaters....I call them "clean and solid" guns......nothing annoys me more than being able to see 1/8" of metal above the wood. That half mag 38-55 is a first for me...(can I have it?).....talk about a lightweight power house...half mag SRC in an excellent cartridge.....we just don't see them here. One time about 25 years ago I was at an auction and there was a half mag eastern carbine 30 wcf and the people went crazy on it...I stopped bidding somewhere around 8.

You got stuff all over the walls...even some of my stuff......been looking for that '73.....I'm sure you have the Colts out of view. :)

I'd like to have them out on the walls like that and even though we are surrounded by the wife's family I still don't trust what can happen when we are out.....people here are a bit less honest than your area...plus, a lot of people know what I have.

Yea, good guns can make you a prisioner in your own home but that's OK with me...guns never stole from me, guns never deceived me,....like animals, they can't speak or figure out a plan to make your life miserable.

Fred..you have a tie on in the antique picture. Those tall gals will make you deaf with their legs...be careful.---006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay..you ever been to Reddington Pond? They are looking for an old woman who's probably a goner...north woods law

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That'll teach me to go to sleep, a 38/55 SRC and Six beat me to it... But I did 'get' the new Colt! :lol:

We got snow last night! Hardly enough to cover the driveway but snow is snow. Shame it's going to wash away with the rain tomorrow.

Hmm, should I grab my possibles and head for the woods today or should I hang around the house?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks guys. I have another half mag 38-55 carbine. It's earlier than the one in the pic. Not as good of shape, but it has a mint, shiny bore and is a nickel steel barrel. Good shooter.
I actually saw a half mag 38-55 just like mine on a YouTube video. Guy out west has a channel on shooting and smithing on old Winchesters. The Cinnabar is the name of it.

Redington pond? Ive never been on the pond, but it isn't far from me. Up by Sugarloaf. Pretty country.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh! And yes, Gunny.
Go hunting......always go hunting. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh! It just clicked!
Six, you meant the woman lost on the Appalachian Trail, right?
If so, I know right where that is. Yup. They found the bones about 3 years later. Super tough country. You don't mess around back in there. Why she left the trail, I can't imagine, but it was her last mistake. Too bad.
She wasn't too far back from where the AT crosses Rt.27 by Bigelow mountain. I ride my bike up through there a lot. Wife and I ride up there with the Jeep too. I've posted pics from that area here before.
It's not strange for the ski season to last to the end of May on Sugarloaf.