Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Hmmm won 72. Somebody check with Six and see what I won.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

How about a Colt 71-72 open top.... :?:
Colt_44_Open_Top.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That could be interesting. Wonder if Sixer has one.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

OldWin wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:29 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:04 pm Gunny is there any protection from lightening by wearing that suit or could it make you a target :?: I guess it's not going to make much difference either way, just curious.. :?

Jay, your remarks about Gunny getting his hat back made me spill my coffee...... :lol:
Yes, but careful! The thought police is watching.
Or, should I say, the "thoughts and prayers police". :D

I must be the new target.
I will say my good byes now. :D
Nah, you're good. The Burning Bush said so.
He believes in you even if you don't believe in Him. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Had a constant NW wind today, high of about 40° and snow flurries off & on all day.

ACQUITTED! good for him. Now if only the powers that be would give a trial for those who need one!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

About 50° here and cloudy.

Great verdict but I would be worried if I was a juror, quite a few involved with the trial need to watch their backs.

Just been looking into importing shotguns from Canada, it seems a bit easier than importing from the USA. The UK is not a very happy hunting ground for the types of shotgun I'm looking for :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

It's been dark and rainy 'most all day. That'll teach me to wash the car. :o :lol:

What kind of shotgun are you looking for? If you want to discuss "dearth of scatterguns", I'm your huckleberry. Been looking for just about ANYTHING for years now. Finally broke down and got a "traumatic" 12 bore. Fascinating bit of Turkish engineering, but not exactly a multipurpose scattergun. It'll probably be relegated to launching Rubber Baton slugs as they give the best performance so far of anything I've tried out of it. The hunt goes on for a less "less lethal" option here between the Canal and the Equator. The pickin's keep getting slimmer with so far no respite in sight.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Paul you will laugh at my humble shotgun requirements.. :? all I have been looking for is a cheap old bolt action 20 gauge, all I can find here are 12 gauge and .410.
Over here the police are sticklers for SECURITY so a gun I can take the bolt out of satisfies most police forces when traveling and having to leave it in the trunk... :roll:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

G-K 16 and 20 gauge bolts are plentiful here and go for $175-250. I wont pay more than $125 if its nice. 410's are usually always $200 or more. AND speaking of Archery, have you ever watched Survival Lilly on youtube?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Survival Lilly, very interesting.

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:32 pm Paul you will laugh at my humble shotgun requirements.. :? all I have been looking for is a cheap old bolt action 20 gauge, all I can find here are 12 gauge and .410.
Over here the police are sticklers for SECURITY so a gun I can take the bolt out of satisfies most police forces when traveling and having to leave it in the trunk... :roll:
20 bore bolt gun, eh? Not that common anymore, but still around. My wife's grandmother had a 410, I believe, but that's the only one "in the family" that I recall. Way back in the 20th Century IMBEL was making some bolt shotguns in Brazil, but I don't recall the gauge - probably "36" (410 to the rest of the world) but it SEEMS like I saw a larger bore one sometime. Hope you can bring one to bay.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:17 pm Survival Lilly, very interesting.
Yes, I only recently found her channel... 8)

Paul, I will continue my quest as I know there must be one somewhere with my name on it..... :wink:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Savage 220 ! I have one, my slug gun. Im 99.999995% certain they also make it a smooth bore. ( turkey gun )
See- https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101755044

Of course a 20 bore extra full might not be what you are looking for.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Again, GK.....
Wish I could send one over to you. Guess it'd be easier to send you over here. :D

Well, out with the old man again today. It was snow squalin' something fierce yesterday.
I guess about now my son and grandson are getting on a plane in Kodiak to start the long trip. The wife and I have to get up about 2:30 tomorrow morning to drive down behind the communist lines (Logan Airport in Boston) to pick them up.
Can't wait to have 4 generations of us out here in the woods.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny I have thought about Savage 220 but it must have at least a 24" barrel and the magazine has to be non removable to comply with our Draconian gun laws :roll: plus they are pricey over here.

Jay, it sounds like you're going to have "fun times" ahead... :D If I ever cross that darn pond again I will look into bringing one back :wink:

I have had a couple of Mossberg B/A 12 gauge shotguns and a Stevens 58, plus three Mossberg .410 clones, being a muzzleloading fan I don't worry too much about the rate of fire as long as can I hit what I'm aiming at. Gough Thomas a well known British gun writer always admired the balance and handling of bolt action shotguns.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

There are large amounts of the old bolt action shotguns in my area. While I've never had one, most everyone I know has. I have seen them in all bores except 28. Seems like most in these parts wear Polychokes. A VERY underrated piece of equipment in my opinion.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:30 am Gunny I have thought about Savage 220 but it must have at least a 24" barrel and the magazine has to be non removable to comply with our Draconian gun laws :roll: plus they are pricey over here.
Well THAT sent me down the GunBroker rabbit hole... tough order to fill. Most everything there is with a removable magazine, many had said magazine removed and disappeared long ago. One stated "In excellent mechanical condition, ready to use" followed by "does not ship with magazine. :? :lol:

Here's one I was not aware of, bolt action, tube fed - but in 12 bore: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/916094900 Somehow I find that one particularly intriguing, the model, not the example which apparently is incomplete.

Something I found interesting is the relatively short barrels on many. I've always had an image in my brain of 30+" barrels on bolt guns. Most of them seem to be in the 24-26" region, except for the more modern examples with much shorter tubes.
Paul - in Pereira

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah yes, wasn't aware of the no detachable mag bs!
I had a Marlin 512( I think), 12 ga slug gun, I dubbed it The .729 Pachyderm Pounder. Glass bedded it, ported the barrel and it shot very well but boy did it buck & snort! Heavy at about 9 lbs. , sold it before the 220 hit the market, I snapped one up asap! Good luck trying to find a mag for the old bolt guns.

So today was an interesting hunt. Had a rooster get up going away that spun a 180 at my 1st shot and flew towards me, dumbfounded I flubbed the 2nd shot when it swapped direction another 180. I watched it land while scratching my head. Claro and I hot-footed over to where I marked it . We got over there and the Brown Wonder found it, quite alive! As the bird flushed a second time my best hunting buddy proceeded to catch the rooster in midair, Good girl Claro!! I've never seen that first hand. Wish I could have got video of that whole hunt...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like fun Gunny!
Hard to beat a first rate bird dog.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The law on removable magazines means that any shotgun with a removable magazine must have the magazine welded to the action :roll: if it has a tube magazine that will have to be crimped to only allow two shells. I would be reluctant to do this on a expensive gun as you have to send the gun to a proof house and PAY for it to be stamped and certificated.
Just the UK making us jump through more hoops to own a firearm. :evil: I could have a short barreled shotgun that holds more than three shells with a removable or full length magazine but that requires it to be put on my firearm certificate, meaning even more hoops and expense and a likely wait of a few months and then only "if" I can give the police a good reason to own such a dangerous weapon.. :o
You can see why I envy you guys :mrgreen:

Gunny, one of my beaters had a dog that could catch pheasants, I was once asked why my birds flew so high, I told them it was Den Jenkins old dog, when they saw him coming they lit their booster rockets... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It pains me to see such a good man have to live under oppressive rules. Sorry John.
As I've mentioned, if you need a vacation my door is open to you here at the OldWin ranch. Well......it's more of a bunkhouse really. :D
I've got a spare rifle or shotgun or two, and you are free to run my property to your hearts content.

Today was one of those days I just kind of NOTICED it again.
I got a little cold this morning and took a walk. I went up the north line to the upper end of the lot. I don't get up there much, cause usually the deer are on the lower end during shooting hours.
I was struck just how beautiful it is up there. Lots of big hardwoods with a few big pine, and some groves of hemlock. Very pretty. Apparently, so much so I forgot to take pictures. :D
I did snap a few this afternoon. I was walking down the "boat seat trail" to the blind my dad usually sits in. This trail starts at the lower end of that pretty area. The land runs down hill with varying degrees of pitch all the way to the stream. The trail I worked so hard to make runs up this stream to my hang on stand witch is directly across from the blind by a few hundred yards. Each on the edges of this ungodly northeast corner of the lot. You can see the landscape and growth change as I move down the trail to the blind. Across the little runoff brook from the blind it starts to get real nasty. I also threw in one if my little beater 44 Trapper taking a break from a long day of being carried.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I thank you Jay, you're a gent... :D
It's great to notice how beautiful nature can be, especially when combined with hunting, it makes even a blank day worthwhile. No matter how much the government restrict my freedom I can always enjoy wildlife and the beauty of the countryside.. thanks for the photos... 8)
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No problem, buddy. Anytime.
It's funny how some days are like that. But yes, any day afield is just aces. That is some of why I like being tagged out. I can just look around and enjoy.
Been seeing a fair amount of partridge, my favorite eating. A smart man would be carrying that 20ga Parker and getting a few for the pot, but that leaves me out. :D
I figured they made it this long, so I would leave them for breeding stock in case we have a bad winter.
On another good news front. The gut pile from my buck has not been touched by coyotes. It is one week today!
Usually, the next morning and there is no trace.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A week old gut pile??!! Thats unheard of here! The yotes don't get em unless the deer is gutted at dark. The usual gut pile is gone in hours thanks to the extremely healthy population of 'jersey turkeys '( as I refer to them). I can hear the squeaking of your brains trying to figure out what I'm talking about- why vultures of course! They roost by the hundreds around town. They are so thick people shoot bottle rockets at them to scare em off, even after fish & game have written citations! They roost on the peaks of homes ruining shingles, in trees above driveways ruining paint on cars. A roadkill deer might last a couple days!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

When I was in Arizona I was told they were Turkey Buzzards, big buggers though..... :lol:

Oh dear someone has taken offence at my new signiture line.... :o
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahahaha!
Bra-vo, sir Gamekeeper!......Bra-vo!

Six lives! :D

And just for the record, I agree. It was kind of what I was saying. You just did it more succinctly.
English and their language and all! :D

I know I have been indirectly accused of mocking prayer and of obviously being an atheist, but honestly, nothing could be further from the truth.
I believe very much in our Lord and savior, it's people and their institutions that claim their own Godliness that I'm suspicious of.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm a druid, reformed. That allows me to worship at a shrubbery. :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm not in the habit of cherry picking verse, but Isaiah 5-20 comes to mind. Orwell spoke of it as well. Believe me, it's impossible to be offended by naysayers.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Did you guys hear sumpthin? No? Ok maybe I need to get a qtip.

John, there is a place setting here for you for thanksgiving. Of course you'll have to bunk with the girls ( on the couch :lol: ) but I'll take ya out to shoot some peasants-er I mean PHeasants!

What, another week of deer season in the great white north right? Sure hope your Pop gets a crack at one! Heck I hope the boys get deer too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Blaine wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:26 pm I'm not in the habit of cherry picking verse, but Isaiah 5-20 comes to mind. Orwell spoke of it as well. Believe me, it's impossible to be offended by naysayers.
Blaine, you are a good good man and as you say in your PM to my " touched a nerve?"
Quote Blaine,
No Sir, not in the slightest. What I see is you piling on behind the shadow of Paul. But, you go ahead.

Thanks for the invite Gunny, I sure hope the girls don't mind sharing the couch :lol: and don't bother with a Qtip it ain't worth it...
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

They won't mind a bit, just so long as you keep scratching them behind the ear! :lol:
Thats good cuz I'm outta cotton swabs!

So who wants to go play today... 410, naw... 28 went yesterday... do I dare take the Red Headed Stepchild? ( the o/u i built)
I named it that as it has no markings on it designating a manufacturer, and that was a term one of my instructors used quite often ' im gonna beat you like a red headed stepchild' when one of the guys would screw up in class. The instructor would then walk up to that person, request his ball cap and whack em. :lol: Ah what fun times AND not one person was ever offended by it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, I have worked for guys like your instructor, always had respect for their knowledge plus their sense of humor... I always felt sorry for those that just didn't get it...
I'm used to scratching dogs behind the ears so no problem there.. :lol:
Got any photos of the redheaded stepchild. :?:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not handy GK, I'll try to dig it out of the safe and take a few later.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hi fellows! Just got back from my reeducation camp.....O.S.A.B.C.R.C. LTD........

You guys are the best....just read all of your supporting posts, behind the scenes activity and excellent signature lines!.........at the camp they only let me on the Internet twice a day which was heavily filtered. I was only allowed to access fast food and pizza take out businesses that also carried 128 ounce Big Gulp root beers with heavily greased onion rings.

My congratulations to Old Savage on his win! Drum roll please.......MODEL 72 Winchester! (Get it in the mail tomorrow)

And for Gunny......have some xtra. If you want I can get some of the big ones that EX Governor cuomo got for his soon to be ex CNN brother Andrew.

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, welcome back, you missed a hat being stolen by some bird or squirrel. Thoughts and prayers on that except that may now be a piously protected phrase and under no circumstances to be used in humor. Any notes on that at re Ed camp? Btw, has OW been sent there.

Another btw, ordered grips for a Cobra. They sent the wrong ones. Now Mr. Colt, the Cobra has the wrong Colt grips. Can you determine what grips you see on the Cobra? The correct replacement ivory like grips are supposedly on the way from NC Ordinance. We shall see. Chatted with a very helpful down south lady named Julie there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And further more .., an open top Colt and a 72 rifle. D Crockett should have been so lucky. In lo these many years I have never seen either.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good to see you again Six.... :D I hope they weren't too hard on you back at the camp and just so you know you were always in our thoughts and prayers and yes I sincerely mean that.
BTW, I'm spending Thanksgiving with Gunny but I have to sleep with the dogs on the couch.... :shock: and I may have to borrow some of his cotton swabs too... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Welcome back Jack!
So are you acting more flamboyant now that you are back from camp?
Parker had a hard day yesterday, she had 15 or 16 flushes and 4 guys that can't shoot! I took 1 shot got 1 bird the other 4 guys shot at every bird and only got 2...
Well Mom comes home today, the girls are going to come unglued. Hope the rain quits .

Oh and that annoying noise I heard, I don't hear it but I'm sure it'll be back, I am just going to ignore it. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad to hear that your mom is well enough to come home... :D those annoying noises are best ignored.

By the way I got a PM telling me that anything said in PM is top secret and must not be shared, I've always assumed it best just not to say embarrassingly stupid things in a PM.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Morning boys,
Long day yesterday picking up my son and grandson.

Hey! My bud is back?
Well, to say I'm surprised is an understatement.
I know it's just to take some of the heat off his old buddy OW.
But, I will say, Ol' gamekeeper has been stepping up nicely. :D

We all missed you buddy. And by all, I mean our merry band of misfits.

Pouring rain here too. No hunting today. Gonna have some visit and family time.

Good news on your mom, Gunny. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

So hey! When I got on this morning, I hadn't logged on yet and saw I was in purgatory. I'm not, but totally figured it was possible. I will check in when I can guys, but it'll be a busy week for me.
I ain't forgot to call you, Six!

Have a great day, my friends.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey I'm glad the family got in from Alaska ok! Please remember to thank your son for his service! As a matter of fact I want you to shake his hand for me, tell him I'm proud of him! Service members don't get the respect they deserve, all day every day!!
Thanksgiving should be a blast, GK is coming for the week!

Purgatory? You in Colorado? I used to fish the Purgatory River as often as possible.

GK must be paddling across the pond- no flight information ... STROKE! STROKE!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Hey GK, you could sleep in my unused horse barn, it has a 6’ feed trough (it’s kinda like a manger).
But all kidding aside, you or any of the other politically incorrect crowd with the exception of certain, well I think you guys know who, are welcome.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you Harry, I'm currently living in a converted stable so a horse barn should be bit more roomy... :D
Gunny, the inflatable crocodile is struggling against the the wind but I hope to make it by Christmas... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Welcome for Christmas too! However you should have sprung for the inflatable hippo, much roomier! :lol:
We'll do New Years in Montana, thanks Harry!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! You guys have carried the torch very well.....our impregnable close knit group must ALWAYS stay this way.....it's gonna take me some time to catch up on the posts...I do like the one with the cap being knocked off and Jay gettin' knocked around a bit by the hawk......we have lots of hawks around here and have to be careful with the little dogs.....killing a hawk will get you in the slammer but if one is attacking my dogs, I'll do the 3 S'es.

It's the story of my life...have everything perfect and someone "tries" to infiltrate.....there's an old saying that we Teamsters used to have when a new employee came onboard..."you either have it or you don't". If you have it your "in" and if you don't, "too bad". It's the rule of nature that goes back tens of thousands of years.

Geeze, I also have a room for GK....knotty pine room in the barn that's insulated and furnished......probably better than what's in the house.....electricity and a toilet that's 4 acres wide and a bathtub that's 30' x 45'......shovels and buckets included.....

Gunnys mom is home...right where she wants to be......people die in the hospital more to being out of their elements than the disease itself.

My man Jay sure took some nice pictures but I couldn't comment......after about 3 days in "isolation" I just about forgot about Leverguns......joined the Colt collectors forum but it just ain't the same......takes a year or more to establish a repertoire.

The camp wasn't too bad.....good food but not much internet access.......the guys in the white coats all had whips but I had one of my own....a baseball bat .....so that's why my incarceration was brief....they wanted me out of there fast.

Well, got to get the mower deck off of the mighty Kubota and put the loader on......---006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...the grips...got to check.....possibly for a Police Positive........

If you like I could put those medallions in the faux ivories....
I have a 1/2" end mill bit that I use on the drill press...drill and epoxy......

Till later.....show us a pic of the patient who just walked in......

Any of you guys watch Yellowstone?
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six she owns rodeo bulls, top end ones for PBR, ;-) if you ever want to ride one ;-) likely have to sign a waiver but .., there are 500 acres … maybe you were just never there 8)

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:16 pm Welcome for Christmas too! However you should have sprung for the inflatable hippo, much roomier! :lol:
We'll do New Years in Montana, thanks Harry!
Bring a coat.
Trump 2024

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

GK, I know you know what your doing but in the name of comfort you really should look into one or two of these:
https://klymit.com/products/litewater-d ... gJNxfD_BwE

If you get two you’ll have more room for beer.
Trump 2024

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Harry they do look a lot more seaworthy than my crocodile, I'm just a bit concerned that being orange I might get picked up by air sea rescue and returned to where I don't want to be..... :lol: