Old Skeet Gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Old Skeet Gun

Post by 6pt-sika »

I picked up a circa 1936 Parker skeet gun Friday . Guns been totally redone by I think Delgreco most likely in the 70’s or 80’s . Guns VHE 12 on a 1 1/2 frame 26” barrels skeet in and skeet out . Factory single trigger , factory beavertail forend , factory straight grip stock and factory checkered butt .
91E1A029-D861-4C4C-ADCC-3281A79936AB.jpeg
B88B7632-8218-4FE8-81E1-4943C4F46297.jpeg
E85C3240-FB93-4E69-9901-4562AD6B833F.jpeg
A0A4297A-3130-4BA7-AE63-CA1D9F1F86EE.jpeg
CBD361EC-5B25-4E72-BE2A-ED9172A96A65.jpeg
9CA9811D-262D-47C9-A83D-4AE742759266.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Old Skeet Gun

Post by gamekeeper »

Man, you're a Parker magnet........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: congratulations anyway. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thanks :wink: This skeet gun came from the same collection as that 16 pound 8 gauge I recently acquired .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Oh yeah this is the first Remington era Parker I’ve ever owned .
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I fell in love with SXS in the early Eighty's and set up a Browning BSS 30" for trap. maintained my AA average for a twelve week winter league. shooting a SXS really upset a lot of people off. You are sure living right , I'd love to shoot a round of skeet with that Gun. Have Fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

.45colt wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:55 pm I fell in love with SXS in the early Eighty's and set up a Browning BSS 30" for trap. maintained my AA average for a twelve week winter league. shooting a SXS really upset a lot of people off. You are sure living right , I'd love to shoot a round of skeet with that Gun. Have Fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
I turned 60 this year. I’ve been shooting clay birds and feathered birds over fifty years . I shot SxS’s many years before I ever do much as had an O/U in my hands . I’ve been shooting Parker’s about the same amount of time . Seems we always had a couple in the cabinet/safe .
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Nice. All my have the checkered butt with open plate.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good lookin from what I can see, I think you should send up here and I'll take it bird hunting for a while :D .
Seriously though your collection of Parker's is getting close to the Gitman collection from years ago. I knew Mr Gitman very well, I shot with him from when I was a kid until about 10 yrs ago when he passed. ( most of the guns in the Parker book were his guns) .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:16 am Good lookin from what I can see, I think you should send up here and I'll take it bird hunting for a while :D .
Seriously though your collection of Parker's is getting close to the Gitman collection from years ago. I knew Mr Gitman very well, I shot with him from when I was a kid until about 10 yrs ago when he passed. ( most of the guns in the Parker book were his guns) .
I’ve got nothing close to what Shelly Gitman the shirt tycoon had ! He had two of the three Invincables .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Two full figure pictures so to speak :wink:
44849F32-5A1C-4293-B016-F75081F43AE3.jpeg
585931F0-4C33-4F06-A6BF-396D5F439381.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah so you do know who I'm talking about! Shelly was a man among men! A true gentleman. He bought his trap guns in pairs, Beretta SO4, SO5,SO6, Perazzi. All built to the same specs.
One day at the bunker i asked him if I could shoot his favorite S05. Sure anytime. So im 23 targets straight and I turn to him and say ' if I run em I can keep it right?' He says absolutely! Well you can guess what happened next... yup I missed the last 2!
Oh he also had a pair of ULM guns. Very klunky appearance but talk about bank vault lock up!

Did anyone ever figure out where that 3rd Invincible is?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Guns of Ulm or K-Guns are the epitome of target guns bar none , Beretta’s Perazzi’s and even Fabbri’s are really nice guns especially in the higher grades . But for me I’ll take a plain old K-32 or K-80 hands down every time . When I could still shoot what I considered well and shot the REAL games (skeet/trap) my hands and a K-Gun were not far from each other at all times :wink:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"Two full figure pictures so to speak :wink:" ....Be Still My Heart....Wow!!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

.45colt wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:12 pm "Two full figure pictures so to speak :wink:" ....Be Still My Heart....Wow!!
Thank you sir ! I’m no advocate of a single trigger on a SxS or a beavertail for that matter . But this configuration of factory original I find easy on the eye .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got my wits about me today and fixed the action in the vise . Removed the two trigger guard screws and gently lifted the guard out and turned about 60 degrees . And as I hoped the serial number was stamped in the wood 8) Also ordered a Parker letter for the gun today .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old gun shot adequately for skeet today two rounds shooting low gun I broke 45 out of 50 .
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Well.....I haven't been to a real skeet field in about 20 years. If I broke 46x50 low gun I'd be upset......... :shock: :lol: ......it sure is a keeper, what a find.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
And I may add when I was around 22 years old I bought a Remington Model 3200 skeet Gun for $550.00 . shot low gun for some time and Winchester had a Factory gun club near by . One of the old Geezers saw me shooting and asked if I's shot international skeet.( with the three second delay) Nope I said. My first time out I scored 21x25 on birds that were 2x as fast I'd I seen before. It was a turning point and I really needed a coach . but that never happened. I admire You and Wish You the Best of luck . Happy Thanksgiving. :D .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

.45colt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:41 pm Well.....I haven't been to a real skeet field in about 20 years. If I broke 46x50 low gun I'd be upset......... :shock: :lol: ......it sure is a keeper, what a find.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
And I may add when I was around 22 years old I bought a Remington Model 3200 skeet Gun for $550.00 . shot low gun for some time and Winchester had a Factory gun club near by . One of the old Geezers saw me shooting and asked if I's shot international skeet.( with the three second delay) Nope I said. My first time out I scored 21x25 on birds that were 2x as fast I'd I seen before. It was a turning point and I really needed a coach . but that never happened. I admire You and Wish You the Best of luck . Happy Thanksgiving. :D .
Thank you sir ! I shoot sporting clays more than skeet or trap now . But this time of year I get in some Pheasent tower shoots and a quail shoot or two . I told someone last week I’ve shot more this spring summer than I have in a number of years . Oh and BTW I hit the wrong key I only got 45 out of 50 .