Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

That baby looks cleeeeaaannnn Jay! I'd ask you if I can have it but I'm not allowed to have a motorcycle..

Oh what the hell, can I have it? 00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You give me too much credit buddy. I'm just an average dufus who dabbles a little.
Some stuff, I wouldn't touch.

I bet! Must have to chase the buzzards off.
Makes me a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I understand why and what you are doing. You play it down, but you're a clever dude.
Just hate to see such a fantastic collection scatter. I know how much work and time that took.
I reality, I'm just sad they ain't all coming to my house. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

About 10 years ago one of the American Chestnut trees i had died, as most of these ancient trees do. I resawed the tree into boards. Figured it would make a nice bench top to fit a small bathroom vanity. Im going to put my MEC loaders on it.
20210902_174416.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:57 pm About 10 years ago one of the American Chestnut trees i had died, as most of these ancient trees do. I resawed the tree into boards. Figured it would make a nice bench top to fit a small bathroom vanity. Im going to put my MEC loaders on it. 20210902_174416.jpg
That's classy. :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Chestnut trees are insect proof, are they not? My inlaws dairy barn was built in 1912 and was still in good shape until my BIL tested out his Komatsu track hoe on it. The first barn was built in 1806 and burned down according to historical records.

Me and mom cruised on through the Brandywine Creek area and what a mess. My favorite hardware store, which is on the bank of the Brandywine was flooded out.....from what the news says, the worst ever but I beg to differ as the flood of 71 brought in 10" and another in the early nineties was 7". Maybe it's the local as some areas close to each other get hit differently.

Either way, I'm coming to get that chestnut top....that's what I call a high end reloading table and if you can, put it in the same box as Jays motorcycle when your ready to ship it.-----00
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha.......junky 85% 86s. Yeah.
For me, I hate like new guns. It's too easy to take value off from using it. They aren't any fun for me.
I actually love the look of a nice Winchester that has wear but has been cared for. Just love that look. Where I get picky, is the bore. I like a nice bore so I can shoot it. Especially with cast.

Too bad about the storm damage. We had rain last night but nothing much. Little cloudy today then kinda cleared off. I don't think we have chestnut here. Least none I've seen.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Going across the new bridge over the Brandywine.....
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm with ya Jay....I knew you'd like that "85%" comment. Keep in mind my extreme high end stuff like that 99% 1873, other Winchesters and a few high end Colts were guns of opportunity which means I was in the right place at the right time at a place where no one else knew what it was.....I mean 2g's for a 99% 1873? :D

You NEVER get screaming deals at gunshows, large auctions, or for that matter gun shops
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That was definitely a buy, my friend. That thing is just beautiful. Other than stuff at Julia's, it is the finest 73 I've ever seen. You got some beautiful Colts too buddy. I mean it. Nothing like that up here! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks my man!
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Six the American Chestnut is very rot and bug resistant.
OW, you won't see them up in your door yard. They have become extinct for the most part. Sure there are some pockets of them around the country but not a viable amount. The American Chestnut Foundation has been cross breeding the surviving trees and trying to get blight resistant offspring. Slow but sure they are getting some good seed. A buddy of mine has a couple hundred that he has been nurturing.
It has been said that a squirrel could go from the coast to the Mississippi and never touch a tree other than a Chestnut when the first Europeans landed at Plymouth Rock. Oaks, Ash,Maple,Hickory all came into their own after the blight killed off the Chestnut.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...was it something the white man brought over to kill the chestnut trees? Ya figure, they lasted eons until whitey come here and then they died off. I do know the premier wood for building barns was chestnut .....every town in Pa has a "chestnut street"

Wow! Breathable weather for a change......two or three weeks from now I'll be splitting wood. Got some huge white ash I've had for about five years (covered) that going to get split. This stuff is so big I have to split it four times with a wedge before I can handle it.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool Gunny! I never knew that.

Hey Six! Yeah, people suck.
When I took an interest in old Winchesters, I use to go to every gunshow. I was WAY younger than most guys interested in that stuff. They all used to try and pawn off their junk on me, thinking I didn't know anything.
Like you said, wrong roll marks, swapped wood, wrong barrels, cut barrels, extra holes. You name it. Most times I'd point out everything that was wrong in a nice loud voice so everyone could hear.
Three quarters of those guys are crooks. They all know each other. I stopped going to the shows. I have no interest in dealing with people like that.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup,the chestnut blight was brought here. If I remember right the chestnuts began to die off about mid 1800s. Not sure if it was from the European chestnuts or the oriental variety that brought the blight. Funny thing is the stumps are still around and every so often it will grow again but the blight catches up with it and kill it off.
Friends farm, the original house was built 1746, house and bard both framed in chestnut, no bugs and very little rot on either building.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's how it was her with elm. Every street use to be lined with huge elm. Dutch elm disease wiped em out. They will sprout up and grow, but once they get about 6-8 inches, they die.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes and I blame the Chinese for it too!! (Well for the Chestnut anyway)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I ain't seen much good come out of Asia or Africa....one disease or another.......now we have a whole new group of disease carriers coming in from Afghanistan.....

I was on elm street one time and I had a nightmare.

Got about 50 fish swimming around in the kiddy pool.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Now you and Mom can dabble your toes in and the fish can pick off dead skin like some high faulting Beverly Hills day spa! :lol:

Off to the chiropractor, boy do I need it this week! 3 days of demo and a day &1/2 of base & shoe moulding.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In the UK our Ash trees are dying and Horse Chestnut trees are threatened by the Miner Moth larvae, we too lost our Elm trees to Dutch Elm Disease.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Do you have the emerald ash bore insect or is it the fungu- ash yellow?
The ash bore has decimated our ash population here as well. About 12 years ago the local foresters were telling their clients to cut the ash to help wipe out the bugs. Sadly most didn't cut and have lost every $ they were worth.
I've also heard about another disease, sudden oak death. From what I heard it originated on the west coast but I can't confirm it. If it happens this area could be denuded fast!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The Ash trees here are dying with Ash dieback disease apparently a fungus called chalara fraxines. Sure is a shame to lose so many great trees but at least there's no shortage of firewood. Had my son and his wife here this week so he took over the wood splitting .. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gotta love 'child labor' :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Back in the 70s we had the spruce budworm infestation. It was bad. Along the Kennebec watershed where I live, there is a LOT of spruce. They were worried about fires once there was so much dead wood. Plus, it was useless. The paper companies owned all this property and the cut it like crazy before it all died.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don't understand the tree diseases.......I just know something got my favorite thorny locust last year......last year it had half the leaves it usually has so I let it go to see if it could recover...this year there was nuttin and the bark looked "not right". It's a stump now with about the same amount of rings as me.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have a couple of those on my dad's and my yard. We've only had one die in the time we have lived here. They regularly look like they will die, however. They are the last to leaf out in the spring and regularly lose limbs. Very soft wood.
Had a couple mountain ash too. They are long gone. They break up slowly then die.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yeppp..your right Jayster.....last one to get leaves....the wood makes the finest fence posts.......got some out back still holding wire from the early sixties.........we have LOADS of locust here...burns HOT.

Watching Private Ryan. ...for the 10th time......I've noticed the BAR ain't real...looks real but I think it's a prop.....a real BAR full auto fires from an open bolt.....in the movie sometimes the bolt is closed and sometimes the bolt is open...he shoots it but it sounds like the sound is dubbed in.....he carrys it like it weighs five pounds... 00....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well there! I learnt sumpin. Never heard of anyone using that for fence posts here. Mostly cedar here. It's everywhere.

I will have to check that out with that BAR. About the only guy that lived too.
I couldn't get over the stupid 03A4. They made a mess of that. Weird, cause most of the stuff in that movie was spot on. You could also see at the end when Tom hanks is shooting the 1911 at the tank, it had 3 dot sights. Hahaha! That's a hard no. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, Jay was talking about ASH trees and you were talking LOCUST- both of you misunderstood the other :D . Ash doesn't make for good fence posts, it certainly doesn't burn as hot as locust.

There was a company here that had all kinds of demiled WW2 stuff, a good deal of it was used for filming Private Ryan. After the movie was released the company started selling off. Had a very well off guy buying a lot of it. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning 1919s,MG34s and an MG42 for him. ( this guy gave his wife 5 million to have an addition put on the house, she went over budget by 2 million!)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Cedar? Don't see why not but if you have livestock pushing on it, locust will hold up better. I heard Osage orange lasts a long time too but I don't think I've ever seen a piece 6' long that's straight. I put my posts 18" in the ground and leave 4.5 feet out. My guess is I've dug and hand packed 2,642,826 fence posts. Rich people have these trucks with a special attachment come to their ritzy farms and drive the posts in and then they have a pack of beaners with pneumatic staple guns attach it.

Every motorcycle in the world is out and about today....bright sunshine and 75 degrees.

Got a load of stone yesterday and had to have the loader guy scoop out a half ton from the trailer.....serious dry rot on the tires so today I popped off the rims and tires and dropped em off at da tire store for new sneakers with a higher rated "D" sidewall. A nice Spanish guy was working the counter with Spanish tattoos and I told him, "hey! I know some Spanish" and proceeded to tell him the cuss words a Spanish guy thought me.....he laughed so hard he upgraded the tires to a better brand for free.

All you have to do is "speak their language"----00
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh! another screw up on Private Ryan.......when our sniper guy was shooting krauts from the bell tower towards the end of the movie he fired 8 shots without reloading from his 03A3 before the tank took him out.

I read where the film people had to use Russian T-34's and dress them up to look like Tigers

I read a story the other day where a German operating an MG42 on Omaha beach was credited with over a thousand kills. He was the only one in this one section and somehow he lived to be 90 something.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Its a wonderful day here too- no humidity, sun shining and I got a bunch of stuff done around the house. Just sat down to have a snack and found Band of Brothers. So now im on a longer break!

That guy with the 03A3 was just such a fast loader the camera couldn't catch it- kinda like Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles. :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Beautiful here today. It was 66 degrees and clear as a bell. I only had to work 2 days cause of labor day. Guess what....... ? One was all I could stand.
Took a power nap for a couple hours this morning, swilled some coffee, and cranked up the Harley.
This time, I put the "Old Lady" on back and we headed for Boothbay and our favorite spot on the pier. Some fresh fried shrimp, steamers, and cold beer! What a day to ride. Harleys everywhere. Even here in town is Brewfest today. They rope off the downtown, and all the local craft brewers set up tents and and the beer starts flowing! Its hillbilly heaven. Every biker tramp in the state is here. When you ride through town, everyone waves at all the bikes. Cops and ambulances are busy, but for a day you can forget what a chytshow this country is.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Boy if she knew what you called her she whoop up on ya! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:03 pm Boy if she knew what you called her she whoop up on ya! :lol:
Haha biker terminology.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh I know that, just does SHE know you put it in writing?! :lol:
Heck we know she is a good sport, after all she puts up with you :o (and you are blessed!)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like a little blackmail plan being hatched. :D
Oh! She is definitely a good sport. I've asked the question of how she puts up with me many times.
I think she has asked herself a few times too! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm sick of this pelosi.....you guys get to have aaallllll the fun. I really do miss the cold beers, greasy food, and cruising around on nice days......come home and have a few more, laugh and just enjoy life....you know Jay, standard red necking. When I had the '68 Firebird me and mom would cruise all over with a couple of six packs, slamming down beers, smoking cigarettes or weed, going through the gears.......all with all the windows down so when I farted the smell got sucked out.

Yea....nice day and as usual I spent it working.....

Looking back, my best times were when I was about 14, camping out, Boy Scouts, learning to smoke cigarettes and a Zippo lighter.....riding our pedal bikes through the country roads.....

Yea Jay...you got it made bro....cool bike, hot mamma, cold beer, lots of toys, my Colts, big coat. Tell Kristy we all said hi and she looks great....

I'm gonna grab what's left of today.....think I'll follow what Gunny's doing as I saw the Band of Brothers on the FIOS menu. Yellowstone is also on.....-----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks old buddy. You'd be surprised. We actually eat pretty healthy actually.
I have a few toys. None of em new, all of em paid for. We don't like debt, just like you buddy.
Kristy is the best thing that ever happened to me. No doubt about it.
Any time me and my old buddies get together, we talk about the days when we were kids growing up. It was a great time. We got to do so much kids wouldn't dream of now. We spent the entire summer in tents. Never slept in a bed. I had a shoulder holster for a Co2 pistol that my dad stitched up for me. We all had pump up pellet guns we went everywhere with and nobody even took notice. We always had beer or cigars. What a bunch we were! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was lucky to have "the farm" that my greatest of friends owned. It was always shooting something. From frogs with a 12ga in the cattle pond to the dump to the 1967 Ford F100 pickup. Sure wish I had pictures of that! We put thousands of rounds into that truck. Heck I shot a smiley face into the hood. (A bit of BP went into it too). We always had a .22 in hand of one sort or another. Great times no doubt about it! And the fireworks! Can't forget all of us running around with propane torches lighting stuff for hours on end- one night poor Joe took one for the team, his brother lit multiple mortars at once, as they were going off one tipped over, went off and he caught it right in the face! If it hadn't of hit him it would have hit the barn door and gone into the barn and our fireworks stash would have gone up with the barn !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey! I won page 50- do I get Tom's 50-110?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No you didn't
Whoops. Yes you did. Yes, you win Tom's big 50. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well gunny may have won Tom's big 50 but Tom won my big 10"...record by Aerosmith.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Growing up we all had Webley, BSA or Diana airguns nobody bothered when we walked around the local park shooting Starlings, later at 13 I got a .410 so I became Top Gun :lol:
They were happy times, smoking and drinking brown ale far away from parental eyes..then came the motorcycle craze when you were nobody without two wheels.. :wink:
I don't see any of these things going on these days, the kids are all on video games or smartphones... :roll:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Is there a video game that lets you shoot starlings and drink brown ale?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:02 am Growing up we all had Webley, BSA or Diana airguns nobody bothered when we walked around the local park shooting Starlings, later at 13 I got a .410 so I became Top Gun :lol:
They were happy times, smoking and drinking brown ale far away from parental eyes..then came the motorcycle craze when you were nobody without two wheels.. :wink:
I don't see any of these things going on these days, the kids are all on video games or smartphones... :roll:
OMG my friend!
Same with us. I have been fascinated with anything on 2 wheels all my life. My parents bought me a Yamaha bicycle when I was a kid (wish I still had that). I had a Schwinn Stingray prior (still have it). The Yamaha had full suspension just like a motorcycle. I rode constantly, and could ride a wheelie as far as I wanted. I could ride it backwards too.
At about 12, my friends and I started getting dirt bikes. I mowed and shoveled a lot to get and maintain that!
I became obsessed. Between that and snowmobiles, the only thing my life had room for was guns and hunting. :D
At one time I had 4 dirt bikes. Took my road test on an on/off Honda XL250. Got my first street bike at 17. Most of us still ride to this day. I look back at those bikes with fondness.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My first motorcycle at 15 was a 125cc BSA Bantam, it was more than a few years old and only cost £15 :o yes Twenty dollars and that included a spare engine, wind shield and rubber waterproof motorcycle jacket 5 sizes too big...a couple of BSA's later I went on to be a Marshall at Motocross and trials. I have had a couple of small bikes in-between cars but our over crowded roads and two wheels make for a pretty dangerous situation nowadays.. :( hence I got my son more interested in 4x4 off roaders.
I once got a job as a groundsman at a famous cricket ground because I turned up at the interview in biker gear and they assumed that I would be able to fix all the broken down mowers... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I had a trials bike!
That is much more rare here than in your locale. Lots of people here have bikes, but rarely trials. I had a 1974 Yamaha TY250 I paid 400 bucks for. Surely nothing competitive with the European trials bikes, but a good bike. It was the bike I learned to ride a motorcycle backwards on. You could have a ball all day on 2 acres of land.
My 1st bike was a 1973 Yamaha DT250. I swear it weighed as much as my Harley. Of course, I was 12. Most of my friends had 80 and 100cc bikes. :D
I then went to a 1978 Yamaha DT175E. That is the bike that I learned the most on, and became an effective woods and Enduro rider on. It was light and balanced, with a good working suspension for the day. It had the early Yamaha horizontal monoshock and was my first 6-speed.
Good Times!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yo! TWO WHEELS??..hell, I was happy to get outta the second grade. I was in there with laquisha and she was a grandmother at 18.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

51...51. ...gotta win Area 51.

OK, won it...now back to Laquisha.....she was from Idaho where she used to stand on the corner and hollar, "I da hoe".

Motorcycles.......only one guy in our neighborhood had one and he was like 16 or so. We all had pedal bikes and mine was painted so many times it weighed an extra 5 pounds from the paint. Think I replaced the tires like 5 times. We all knew NOT to ask mom and dad for a new one...my parents had it but wouldn't part with it.

I can see Gamekeeper trudging through the country side blasting rooks out of the trees then meeting back at the farm for a cup of tea......yea.....THOSE were the best times of our lives.....when I was 14 the Vietnam War was in high gear and I never thought about it....just wanted to play in the woods and take a once a year trip to Idaho.