Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Jay Bird

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Jay Bird »

Fredrick,
It's nice to see some green in your picture.....word has it that water is being rationed again out your way.

Current events are beginning to get a bit scary. .....the push for Marxism is in high gear......public schools are out of hand.....my niece just took her two kids out of public school and put them in Catholic school.

Herco it is!.....not many people subscribe to Herco as it's not widely published in manuals and it was originally developed for magnum shotgun ammo......Ken Waters, THE reloading guru loved it....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I got a couple cans of Herco in the estate deal last year and I've had a cardboard can of it for years, when, why I bought it I dunno. Ive always used 700x for shotgun ammo. Now I have to dig up some empty brass to try a few Herco, greendot, reddot loads with cast.

Rain finally up to us about 1. No climbing up & down pipe scaffold when wet ! Eh besides its FRIDAY- WHOOP WHOOP WHOOPEEEeeeee🤪
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey! What do I win for this page?

On my way to the chiropractor and see a really cool car!
A new Dodge Challenger- the paint is what was so cool. It is black but someone took the time and effort to camo it by what looks like masking off the patterns and then flattening it out in different amounts randomly. Sure looked good to me. Would like to talk to him, had a ' thin blue line' flag on it, I have great respect for law enforcement.

Got 5 rounds of 41 loaded with Herco, Will load 5 with red dot. Will try some 700x as well.

So I have a can of PB, whats it good for?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The picture is a golf course in Sedona. No water rationing here or at home. All these desert communities are surrounded by this sort of terrain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Everyday is Friday for me.....trust me, it's not all what's it's cracked up to be.....where one issue ends, another begins. Life is hard and it's harder if your stupid.....believe John Wayne said dat. Plus, you got to have loot as loot makes the world go around.

For Jay, Friday is not a happy day......few more years and it'll be a happy day for him too.

For Fred, everyday is "soft stuff day" and he's on the golf course, with a cold beer, a motorized machine, and a bevy of Playboy Playmates all waiting all waiting for their turn at Fred's putter, 5 iron, 2 woody driver, or possibly a sand wedgey.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. It's Friday. Again.
At least it isn't hot thus weekend. It's 55 degrees now. Nice.
I took a ride after supper last night and wore my leather jacket and gloves. It was still cool riding, but that big air cooled V-twin loves it!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

57 here this morning, humidity is 94%. Must have sprinkled all night, trees are dripping wet.

Hope I can go test those 41 loads today... Come on weather channel, local on the 8s my hind end!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looking through my library for old load data and thought I might see if Mr Colt(Six) has this?
20210612_162353.jpg
Still wrapped in plastic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Mister Gunny,
Six is out back throwing rocks in the pond trying to make em skip ant he toad me to "check in"

I hollared out to him to see if he has that book and he said, "why have the book when you have the guns".

Yes, Gunny, I have access to that book and have spent some time with it....a wonderful book with tons of detailing information.....I hear its worth some serious bucks...at least that's what the guy who owned the book said.

Cut some serious grass today......grass is growing like crazy....only been a week and the back pasture was about a foot high...200 years of cow manure will do that...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Thanks Birdman of Leverguns!..... while your here, sit down and have some flounder and lima beans......pleanty of air fried chicken legs.......

We just finished up with our outdoor picnic.....got the fan on, the dog in her booster seat and cold Coke...(coca cola)....

Our table is on the back patio so after the grub was eaten we put all the scrap on a paper plate and I took it out front for the foxes......time is 8:40 ....halfway dark but still plenty of light.....as I'm walking I notice someone must have thrown a white plastic bag against the holly tree where I put the fox food.....I'm walking towards the fox bowl and the bag starts moving.....I'm about at most 5' away and here's it is Peppy La Pew.....whoa! He lifted his head and I stood still and he looked at me so I threw him a chicken bone with lots of meat on it.....he chomped down on it so I threw him some skin.....he/she started knawling on that then just started running away.

Yea, my right leg was turned for an instant jump if need be.....

Cool little guy....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, my week is half over. Gotta tough out the rest. Wort part is the weather is beautiful.
Don't look so great for the week.
I got most of my homemade hard top hoist done the other day. Got a few more tweaks and it should be good to go. I have about 40 bucks invested. Made it out of a hand crank boat trailer winch and some pulleys.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay...I did that 40 years ago on my old 71 Ford....I had 4 holes that that eye hooks on them.....all connected to a rope and pully system....used a chain hoist to lift it off the truck.

Birdman of Leverguns
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Jay Bird wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:57 am Jay...I did that 40 years ago on my old 71 Ford....I had 4 holes that that eye hooks on them.....all connected to a rope and pully system....used a chain hoist to lift it off the truck.

Birdman of Leverguns
Guess it's true what they say.......
Great minds think alike! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've been debating on rigging a pulley from a tree limb so I can hook up the winch on the ranger to gently lift the cap off my truck so I can reseal it. Then I can just push a button and up or down. Hard part is finding a stout enough branch that isn't 40' up!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm sure you can find two trees that are 8-16' apart ....don't have to tell you what to do.....heck, even a hangmans gallows using one tree would work....one horizontal and the other on a 45 for support. (Please don't tell me your a tree hugger who afraid of wrenching in a couple of 8" lags on a tree.)

When we was kiddy's we used to pull engines from swing sets....but in those days swing sets were built to last.

well, gotta "woke" on fencin' foe da cucumber and pumpkin patch....once these things start growing, Deer et dem up.

I wish Jimmy Kimmel would jump off the Golden Gate Bridge....he's not funny...in fact, none of today's comedians are funny.....watched 10 minutes of SNL and it seemed more like a documentary than comedy....

Bring on Fred G. Sanford or Seinfeld.....

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Fred Sanford was funny. Not sure who that other fella was. Signfield? Sounds like he might be a tomato stake.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I can probably count on one had how many times I watched sienfeld, HE was not funny but the guy that played Kramer was. You are right, none of these so called comedians have an inkling of what is funny or how to be funny. SNL has slowly devolved into a political propaganda machine. Absolutely no comparison to the original cast or even the 2nd cast. Probably explains why I haven't watched it in 30+ years!

Me... A tree hugger? Ha, that's laughable! I cut maple trees like mowing the lawn. I am a steward of the land, cut minimal,plant some.

Well looks like a rain day today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I hug trees occasionally. Parts from them anyway. Wood gun stocks are great comfort to hug when the gun needs to be used. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey there Mr. Tree Hugger.....have you hugged your thorny Locust today?

On a side note my wife LOVES to aggravate people who don't agree with conservatism....she ordered coffee from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and the shipment was returned with no answer....sent out again...returned...4X!....address was fine blah blah....she tells me everytime she calls them she gets a dumb Indian or a slant eye.....after I told here how "woke" that company is she said, "no problem, I'm going to have fun............everyday she's calling them to put our money back and each time she gets redirected ...which makes her madder......(this is all for like $50)....

I told her to forget it and take the loss......nope! Things like this give her purpose....(now you know why I'm like this, you know. :D )

She's on the phone right now..and for the last hour chewing these people out telling them she wants to talk to someone who can speak English....calling them a bunch of dumb m.f.'ers.....

Never a dull moment around here....

Cloud are BLACK coming from the northwest.......hope the "Leverguns Woke Police" don't report me for being racist!... :D
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Black Clouds Matter.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 am Black Clouds Matter.
Black hearts from the east don't stand a chance. :lol: :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ohhhhh Guuuunnnnyyyy! I was telling you guys earlier about some ww2 (I think) fighter plane that flies around here....I see it every now and then and low ad behold I was outside with the camera today and here it comes.....very deep throated sound and it seems like he is on idle.......it seemed like he was only 3-400 meters up but the pictures look like they are far away even after I blew it up some.......I was looking for the stars under the wings but the sun tint threw me off a bit...

I know these pics are not great but I'm throwing them out anyway in case there's someone here who knows these things.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This is a SWAG, but it could possibly be an Avenger torpedo bomber. Hard to say because I can't see a lot of detail.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looks like a Texan trainer, lots of them around. Radial engine, nice and throaty.

I believe there was an air show out at Reading PA today.

Well the Idaho clan left this afternoon. Was a good visit , they did some sight seeing via motorcycle, attended a wedding and best of all their pair of boxers were a hoot.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, thank you gentlemen.....I just looked at the third picture down and I can see the star on the fuselage between the wing and those thingy's on the back. There is this airport for rich guys like Old Savage in Toughkenamon, Pa...(New Garden Airport)..about 15 miles away. The owner is a DuPont and had a Mustang and some other stuff....then there were his buddies who had lots of stuff......this DuPont had the machine guns for his planes and had a 20mm machine gun that they used to fire off when they got to drinking.....my sisters husband was in his inner circle (he was this guys furniture builder) and he got me a 20mm round which I still have ....dated WW2.

THATS what I want! A P51 Mustang with 6 Ma Deuces......I can see myself now.....slamming down cold beer, smokin' a joint and just flying around strafing impromptu targets like water towers, junk yards, piles of old Rossi's.......then a German Tiger 2 tank with an 88....MG42's....potato mashers, Lugers......I'd use a Rossi for a swagger stick and Fred G. Sanford would be my sidekick.

Never mind.....I've been outside and I think the heat/humidity got to me.....
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sure does Gunny...a Texan trainer....could not see the top of the plane for obvious reasons. :D

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha I hear you man!
Those old piston engine planes from WW2 had more style and class in their fuel cap than the planes of today do flat out.
They saw more combat, under tougher conditions, day in and day out, by men with way more uncertainty in their survival.
I'm not trying to belittle any military pilot from any conflict, but there is simply no comparison.
When Cody was young, we got him a WW2 aerial combat simulator for the computer. We got a "stick and rudder" control so it would fly like an actual plane. It was incredible. Every function of the plane could be controlled.
You could fly WW2 ETO or Pacific, either side, with any plane.
I found that with a P51D, I could manage to shoot down a ME262 about 75% of the time. They couldn't turn with the Mustang. The FW190 on the other hand.....that thing was a terror!
In the Pacific, I liked the Corsair and the F6F Hellcat.
Cody loved the P-38, and was quite good. He spent hours "flying missions". :D
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

While I can see the similarities with the Trainer, if you notice, it has a slight swept wing. The one in the picture is very broad and straight.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...yea...good brown eye dude! The pic I posted of the Texan does have a slight wing swept........mmmm........maybe it's a B-52.....either way, I'm never going to be able to take a ride in it.

Those guys back in the day did have big ones....heck, I get scared climbing a 10' ladder.

What's with the idahoians? Did I miss something? Hanging out with "the Gunny?"
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Moms sister and her husband. His cousin was getting married so they brought their motor home here for the week. Of all moms family, 2 are in no shape to travel, one has disowned the family.

As for strafing runs, there is a much better rig. Look into the P47 Thunderbolt, aka The Jug. The 47 was the WW2 equivalent of the A10 Warthog.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes sir Gunny!
The P47 was a flying tractor! It was used heavily as a close air support and tank buster plane in the ETO for good reason. The stories are unending of the hits and damage these planes could withstand. The cockpit was well armored too. They had massive power from it's Pratt and Whitney R2800 radial. It had 8 50s, could carry rockets, and had a 2500lb bomb payload.
Dainty, she was not. Excellent plane.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Didn't the F4 Corsair use the same engine?
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 am Didn't the F4 Corsair use the same engine?
Yes I believe so. I think the Corsair had a much lighter airframe than the P47, though. Not 100% on that.
I do know that the Corsair was also heavily used in close air support / ground attack roles also.
Some of that is probably due to the radial engine's ability to take more damage and keep running than other designs.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

At that little hole in the wall airport I was telling you about they had an air show once a year......going back to the early seventies......they had a whole mess of those old planes and they would buzz the crowd, flying over about a hundred feet....extremely loud.......I didn't know nuttin' about WW2 or the planes so I guessed I missed out......

what I do remember was that when we left I got my old 71 Ford truck stuck in the field and went out and ordered a new blue and white Ranger XLT 4 wheel drive Ford the next day. It had 410 gears and I may have got 7-8 mpg with it....

Tuesday's have got to be the most boring day of the week...
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The R2800 was a twin row of cylinders. Was extremely powerful and a breeze to work on. 1850 horsepower if I recollect.
I've been to the Reno air races, I tell ya there is no sound like a radial engine with the throttle against the firewall 100' above ground level ! Awesome throaty growling with flames coming from the exhaust!! Just a sight to see!
The Jug had to be one of the best for sure. The 51 was designed mostly for high altitude to cover our B17s. There was a guy at Reno that raced a P38, bit of history, the 38 was what shot down the Japanese admiral... Hirahito I believe it was. The Corsairs roll in ground attack was largely due to Pappy Boyington. I got to meet him at Reno as a kid. Spent about an hour with him and the jap that shot him down. After the war they became very good friends.

So today we finished the siding. If you look closely you can see that its not plumb, thats cuz the new stuff was smaller by 1/4" on the exposure. We tried our best to get it as plumb as possible...
20210615_124733.jpg
20210615_132254.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It was admiral Yamamoto that was shot down by the P38. I forger the name of the pilot. Hirohito was the empower.

The pilots complained about the fuel range if the P38 in the islands. The Air Corps had Charles Lindbergh (I think) go there and show the pilots how to squeeze all the distance possible from the P38. It was an unbelievable gain.
I read a book one time written by a P51 pilot in the ETO. While it was an incredible plane, I was appalled by the lack of reliability. They fouled plugs like they were going out of style. Large percentages of them were forced to turn back to Brittain while still over the Channel on almost every mission.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats right, Yamamoto! Yes it was Lindberg. Rumor has it he did shoot down a few but as a civilian he couldn't fly combat- thats a war crime!

Those Rolls-Royce/ Merlin engines were finicky, face it though 24 sparkplugs with 1940s technology its lucky they got off the ground!

All the more reason to NEVER FORGET OUR GREATEST GENERATION!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Interesting stuff....am I looking at the top picture correctly?.....looks like just above the top tier of the scaffolding is a door...one heck of a drop......Geeze, you were probably half way done by the time I even got up.....

The "greatest generation"?..... Don't know, I think it was the last of the generations that were somewhat honorable and did what they had to do to survive.........you figure, the country was just coming out of the depression and these guys saw a way to be able to eat everyday and have some fun at the same time...tons of suicides from guys who were 4F.....everyone wanted a piece of the action and the Japs and Krauts gave plenty of enough reason for "wanting to kill"....

Could you imagine if our M-1 Garands were made by Rossi? Yep! We all would be speaking Japanese....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes thats a door! The reason the siding rotted, rotted the sheathing and framing is because there was a catwalk from that door to the deck. At some point someone cut siding and installed a ledger and it was not water tight allowing water to get behind the siding. We are not removing the door, we are installing an aluminum gate on the jamb to be permanently.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah Gunny. You can see where the rot is along what appears to be a seam.
People do dumb stuff. But I guess that keeps you in gun money buddy! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey, I never thought about it that way!! Gee I better start looking for a new gun (can I borrow your coat?) Actually Six has something I'd really like to get my paws on!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Six has a lot somethings I'd like to have. :D

I know some guys around here that have got some sweet guns for plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK....I thought the door was an exit for Jehovah Witnesses......they are hard to get rid of.....I used to be nice and talk for 15 minutes then my wife would come out and tell them to get the F off the property.....NOW!....6 months later they would be back.

I thought I made it clear with you guys...I've sold Tom a fair amount of guns and every one can be resold the next day for what they paid me for it...maybe even some profit....my guns are not "gun shop guns" like Remington bolt actions, model 19 smiths, etc....mine are hard to get guns in strange calibers in top condition ....hard to get guns are instant cash.

I sell a couple a year for play money....keeps my principle in the bank, gaining interest. Stress free lifestyle.... keep the bills low, eat well to maintain health.....use zero credit, pay everything in cash........keep strangers ..or even semi strangers and distant family moochers the hell away.....maintain and update all equipment, cars, and house.....and most of all, don't spend more than your bringing in....

If there's something I have that you want...ask...------006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let me think:-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I know that buddy.
Problem is.......I live like you. I go easy on the spending. :D
I don't want to work in that rat hole forever.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya...good ole Fred G. Sanford knows his stuff....here is an excerpt from one of his episodes titled "Fred Gets A Rossi".

Talk about timing! I had the closed captions on and my iPad in my hand. Fred was starting a new religion called "Junkism."

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

There hasn't been a J.W. Here for more than 20 years and here is why.

Years ago the neighborhood was over run with feral cats. I noticed one out the window and ran for my 870. This got the dog fired up and ready to go. As I turn the doorknob and ease the front door open, shotgun in hand and a very large Labrador itching for a fight( Lady hated cats) there stood a J.W. Just about to ring the doorbell. Dog goes blasting through the storm door, almost knocking the guy over but without missing a beat he turns tail and flies down the front steps to his car. I never saw that cat, had to go look for the dog as she ran it off and no JWs since!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, that's a funny story, I can just picture it.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Funny JW story........
I was 3 years old and was in the dooryard with my dad. I stuck to him like glue, because I saw real quick I could learn a lot from him. He had a 1942 Old Town boat (that we still have) flipped over on saw horses and he was painting it. He had a Bud pounder sitting on it beside him. He looked at me to answer one of my million questions and spied 2 of the suit wearing zealots coming down the driveway. Being a real quick thinker, he looks at me and says, "Hey, want a drink?" I quickly said, "yeah!" I picked up that pounder and started chugging. I figgered that's where he got his super powers from.
He never had to say a word. Those 2 just turned around and walked away.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I quite like chatting to JW usually get young ( well young to me ) lady JW, I tell them that I think God was an astronaut from a far off galaxy. Leads to some interesting discussion... :lol:

BTW, have you ever tried this ? it's Delicious!!!
strawberry-2-300x300.jpg
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.