Bullpup 308 Win: The KelTec RFB

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Bullpup 308 Win: The KelTec RFB

Post by AJMD429 »

How'd I miss THIS 308 semiauto (that I could put my Mystic-X can on even with a 17-1/2" barrel, and have a 'normal' size gun....)...?

https://youtu.be/czKsEeztbb4

https://youtu.be/R_XI5mNODNs

https://youtu.be/8y6Dn5gieEc
Last edited by AJMD429 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: The KelTec RFB

Post by wecsoger »

Obviously you don't get out much... (grin)

I've got the RDB, the 5.56 version. Good gun, still getting used to it.

Keltec has some *very* interesting guns, RFB/RDB examples of same.

Would have bought in on the RFB also, but I already have a FAL. Interesting it takes FAL mags.

I passed on the Tavor to the RDB because of the bottom ejection and the adjustable gas.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: The KelTec RFB

Post by AJMD429 »

I’ve heard FAL magazines were plentiful but now harder to find.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bullpup 308 Win: The KelTec RFB

Post by Grizz »

can't take it thru Canada, and don't get caught trying !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not that I am going that far North any time soon and I don't have one anyway, but what is Canada's issue with them?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

bullpups are specifically against Canadian law. since they cannot be licensed, they cannot be transported through because in order to bring guns through you have to import them and they will be registered in the Canadian gun registration scheme.

this is my understanding and based on my experience transporting firearms through Canada, and discussing the the dirty details with the equivalent of the attorney general in Ottawa or wherever they reside.

the thing about the Canadian law is that verboten items are specifically sited. you cannot possess ninja throwing stars, nor anything else ninja. and to the Canadians, transporting through is importing them into Canada, and their law reads that way. thus, i don't declare my spear because it is not, or was not specifically prohibited.

this came up because i have a signal device that fires 12ga flares. and since, on boats at least, flares are required as safety equipment, i carry one. mine happens to be a commbloc made 23mm-ish break action single shot with a 12ga "flare" adapter, which I NEVER REFER TO AS A FLARE GUN !!! But only as a signaling device, part of my safety equipment.

i hope this is reasonably accurate, and if in error i hope Kirk will straighten me out.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I had a patient who smuggled up a revolver (if I recall a Ruger Redhawk - I know he said it was a 44 Magnum) to Canada from the U.S., and buried it in a remote location where he would go each year for prolonged fishing expedition with his family. He was not going to have his wife and kids alone or hiking while he was off in the lake canoeing and them defenseless. I don't blame him, and I guess a pump shotgun or something would have worked, but his wife and oldest kids were good with the 44 Mag, and it was a bit more discrete than having them tote a shotgun around camp. He just left it there because he wasn't afraid of getting 'caught' with it in their remote camp, but each border crossing was risky.

It is always a shame to see situations where governments have such stupid laws that honest law-abiding types have to resort to things like that. :roll:

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Seems to me that some of the laws are meant to make criminals out of everyone.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:00 am Seems to me that some of the laws are meant to make criminals out of everyone.
yeah. that's their point and their assumption. you can find their legal code concerning weapons and firearms online. the part i like the best is the specific language banishing throwing stars. that must have had an absolutely positive effect on the welfare of the populace.

like the marxist morass we find erupting around us.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:00 am Seems to me that some of the laws are meant to make criminals out of everyone.
EVERYTHING THE FALSE DOT GOV IS DOING NOW IS EXACTLY THAT.

just saying for the bots, we'all already see this