Hausemann’s Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Hausemann’s Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays

Post by 6pt-sika »

I was up in PA at Hausemann’s Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays last Thursday Friday and Saturday for a shoot . One of the events was an informal 8 gauge event called “Mad Jack” . World was not set on fire but I think all found it enjoyable .
8E423CC5-184C-41FF-A403-4E2B8B3EA4E4.jpeg
14517908-7499-4BE6-A768-E89EAEC0E2C2.jpeg
9ECFE039-1527-4478-8B72-1704B9FEEBE7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hausemann’s Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays

Post by 6pt-sika »

Couple more pics .
80C5D9E4-5836-4F54-8D0C-FEFDB0949CC9.jpeg
6F7E4326-D724-498C-A24A-BEBF5D3300EB.jpeg
B33CE37F-27F8-4968-91ED-826D9FEE2826.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

If I’m not mistaken five of the shooters shot Parker’s , one had a Lefever and the rest were brit or euro guns .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Certainly a great way to put a LOT of lead in the air quickly...... 8) looks like a fun event for shooters and spectators.. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

THAT must have been a real hoot! M& E sporting clays, near Reading throws the ZZ bird matches about once a month- I guarantee nobody has ever shot an 8 bore on ZZs!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:35 pm Certainly a great way to put a LOT of lead in the air quickly...... 8) looks like a fun event for shooters and spectators.. :D
We had a gallery watching us no doubt 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:37 pm THAT must have been a real hoot! M& E sporting clays, near Reading throws the ZZ bird matches about once a month- I guarantee nobody has ever shot an 8 bore on ZZs!
What we shot was kinda like jap trap , except instead of using a trap machine in the center of the skeet field they had a normal sporting trap set up in front of the high skeet house throwing almost straight away . It was fairly easy at stations 1-2-3 and 4 but at 5-6 and 7 it was difficult . I forgot to mention the had the spring turned up on the arm to make it a good bit faster and throw further . With that being said it threw a lot of broken birds . I shot low gun , recoil didn’t bother me at all but by the end mounting that gun for every good bird and broken bird was tiring :lol:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AH Fox Collectors Association had a side event called “The Bo Whoop” ten shots for score with unlimited reentry . Winning score at that was 3 out of 10 , they also had a Mini Bo Whoop event I tied for first in that with 6 out of 10 I was shooting a friends Parker VHE 28 gauge 30” and the guy that tied me was using a 12 gauge 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m going to a 16 gauge SxS , O/U or pump only shoot Saturday at Prospect Hall in WVA . It’s a 145 bird shoot composed of several events but you have to use the same gun and or chokes . I’m taking a Parker VH 16 30” or a Parker Grade 1 top lever hammer 16 gauge 30” .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

There’s another shoot at Rock Mountain Sporting Clays in Meshoppen PA the end of July that I plan on attending . They have a 15 bird 8 gauge event and of course if I’m breathing and able to get there I’ll shoot it . Already have hotel and golf cart reservations 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The guy in the second individual photo and myself went to Rock Mountain Sunday before we returned to VA for a handicap shoot . I shot my little Parker DHE 20 gauge 30” and got ten handicap points 5 for being a SxS and 5 for 20 gauge . Don’t think I won anything Mike never called texted or emailed .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Almost forgot ! Friday at Hausemann’s I picked up a relatively nice circa 1884 Parker Grade 2 hammer top lever 12 gauge with 32” barrels choked 36 points of construction in the right barrel and 31 points in the left . Gun fits me like my 12 hammerless , 10 hammerless and 10 top lever hammer so now I have the same feel for those four classes at a shoot . My pair of 16’s and hammerless 20 have fairly close to the same stock dimensions but only 30” barrels . If I can get my hands on a Parker 28 gauge 30” I’ll be satisfied for my so called competition Guns . Not taken any pics of the new one yet but I might today . Shot it Tuesday evening at my club and did okay at 5 Stand and skeet .