...how many guns do you own?... LOL

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

...how many guns do you own?... LOL

Post by AJMD429 »

Every so often someone asks this, who doesn’t understand the rabid anti-gun mindset of our society, and doesn’t realize the willingness to lie and cheat and steal and use violence that the left exhibits when it comes to stripping their fellow citizens of effective self-defense. This they don’t realize the many ways an answer might be misused to harm an individual.

I try to use an analogy that they might relate to, so if a woman asked that question I might explain to her that it is sort of like if someone asks her how many people she’s had sex with; very seldom is that something the other person really needs to know, and there are all sorts of false assumptions they may make, or they may even misuse that information to harm the other person. I think we’ve all been asked that type of question over the years, and the politeness or rudeness of our response depends on the context an attitude of the person asking it.

However, most of the people I know who owned guns wouldn’t even be ABLE to answer that question accurately. They would probably guess a number that was fairly close, but inevitably they forget about that old 22 that’s still in their son’s closet long after he went off to college, or the spare pistol they bought used because it had some rust spots, so they leave it in the truck or toolshed or backpack just in case. Why would they even bother keeping track of exactly how many firearms they own, anymore than they would keep track of how many pairs of vise grips they have, or how many can openers, or screwdrivers...?

But when I really had to laugh about this topic was when the Biden administration indicated they want to require registration with serial numbers added to all firearms magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds... :shock: :roll: Seriously...????? I’ll bet I hardly know anybody who actually knows how many firearm magazines they have, and they would probably be lucky to guess to the nearest dozen. The people who make up these insane legislative proposals clearly have no clue about the ‘gun culture’... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jay Bird

Re: ...how many guns do you own?... LOL

Post by Jay Bird »

I always enjoy reading your insights to freedom and what makes a country the way it's supposed to be.

How many guns do I own......mmmmmm.........I forgot how many guns I've lost......at least 5 and maybe 8-10....they are all here somewhere. I'm very GOOD at hiding/putting away things but terrible at remembering where I put them. Some years back I was cleaning out a drawer in the tool box out in the garage and when I pulled up the bottom liner, there was 5 crisp Ben's in there....drinking and hiding don't mix.

Birdman
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Terry Murbach once equated asking the number of guns one owns with asking your wife's bra size, I still crack up over that. Man had a wonderful way of getting to the point.

I do know how many I own as I keep a master list with serial numbers and approximate value for my wife's use should something happen to me. She is the only person who has ever seen that list.

Eric
Last edited by yooper2 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

It’s like you don’t ask a man how many cows he owns. It’s quite impolite.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Or how big is spread is.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm It’s like you don’t ask a man how many cows he owns. It’s quite impolite.
What about bulls, is that ok?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pretty sure that info is on a need to know basis. And can I get a copy of your most current 3 years tax returns?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Guns???
I don't own any guns. What do you think I am? A Ship's Captain?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have friends and by friends I mean folks I know well and have known for decades . Anyway they’re all Gun folks and some will ask me that at the gun club or at the Gunshop in back at my desk . And I always give them some song and dance about in today’s society that not a question that need be asked and certainly not answered in open company . And after that I usually give them a practical idea of what’s on hand at that time . But then my inventory is always changing/evolving . I will say I’ve been trimming the heck out of it the last couple months in anticipation of the move in a few years . But a lot of what I consider Guns the ATF does not ! Anything made before 1899 or most any muzzle loader except the Encore or some of the high tech inlines don’t fall in that category . So God knows how many of the shotguns I actually regularly use aren’t considered firearms by the ATF . So in essence if I wanted to be honest and truthful about what number of firearms I had , without a doubt my number would be quite a bit larger than what the ATF at this time call a firearm . I will say I’ve liquidated all the AR’s I had and that’s no BS . Only thing I have that remotely has a chance to fall in that class are some WWII items . So I feel pretty safe from loosing money because of Senile Joe .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Non-gun folks just don't understand that it's a question not asked in polite company.....

Even if the Feds ask, I'm not obligated to answer the question. I can just be quiet.

-Stretch
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

yooper2 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:40 pmI do know how many I own as I keep a master list with serial numbers and approximate value for my wife's use should something happen to me. She is the only person who has ever seen that list.
....you've shown your wife THE LIST.... :o :o :o ....you are a BRAVE MAN...!!! :lol:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The War Department has to know.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I am really surprised that nobody has mentioned a canoe accident... :o :shock:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:11 am I am really surprised that nobody has mentioned a canoe accident... :o :shock:
That because its called a capsize! Lol I'm gonna take up fishing with a magnet this summer.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't get the "how many do you own?" question often, but when I do it usually just gets a blank look, not a reply. If pushed on the question I tell them "Not enough."
Only people I'd discuss numbers with are close friends, or family. And they never ask.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i have one my Dad gave me. where did i put that thing?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I get asked occasionally as in dear old England I'm a rare animal, if I say any number more than two I see a look of disbelief or have to sit them down before they faint.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JimT wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:26 pm Or how big is spread is.
Kind of like the Texan who happened to venture up to Vermont. He was talking with an acquaintance there and asked him about the property the guy farmed.

"Well, you look down this ridge to that old maple on the other side of the creek, from there you look up the creek to the old stone wall, follow the wall to the corner and then clear up to the old barn, that's pretty much it." was the answer.

To which the Texan scoffed and said, "Well I can crawl into my Chevrolet 3500 and drive west all day and never reach the boundary of my ranch down in Texas."

"Yeah, I had an old Chevrolet like that one time." the Vermonter replied.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

PAUL
yo da man.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Does it all really matter? Just type in your name on Google and 50 things will come up, including your relatives and everyone's address.....then if you pay $39.95 you can find out near anything you want on that individual's life....

What do you think the Feds/cops have? There's a general dossier on everyone here....they just are not going to tell you that. Near one hundred years ago Hitler's and Stalin's secret police knew where the money was, who was smart, who was stupid, who was catholic, who was a Jew, who were the doctors, lawyers and who was even remotely a threat to their regimes.

Go to Google Earth and type in your address and you will see pretty much everything, but a bit blurry. You think the cops get that same picture?

Do you people think that when the AOC hits the fan (on a serious level) that gun people like us won't be figured out for a month? WE will be the first ones they come after.

That's why the smart guy will spread out certain guns and ammo. It's called 8" PVC pipe with end caps.

This is a mean group we are dealing with...no different than the Nazi's or the Bolshevik's .....human nature has never changed and with modern intelligence each one of us is already pegged out.----006
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:14 pm Does it all really matter? Just type in your name on Google and 50 things will come up, including your relatives and everyone's address.....then if you pay $39.95 you can find out near anything you want on that individual's life....

What do you think the Feds/cops have? There's a general dossier on everyone here....they just are not going to tell you that. Near one hundred years ago Hitler's and Stalin's secret police knew where the money was, who was smart, who was stupid, who was catholic, who was a Jew, who were the doctors, lawyers and who was even remotely a threat to their regimes.

Go to Google Earth and type in your address and you will see pretty much everything, but a bit blurry. You think the cops get that same picture?

Do you people think that when the AOC hits the fan (on a serious level) that gun people like us won't be figured out for a month? WE will be the first ones they come after.

That's why the smart guy will spread out certain guns and ammo. It's called 8" PVC pipe with end caps.

This is a mean group we are dealing with...no different than the Nazi's or the Bolshevik's .....human nature has never changed and with modern intelligence each one of us is already pegged out.----006
This....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

How many guns do I own? Not enough!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:14 pmWhat do you think the Feds/cops have? There's a general dossier on everyone here....they just are not going to tell you that. Near one hundred years ago Hitler's and Stalin's secret police knew where the money was, who was smart, who was stupid, who was catholic, who was a Jew, who were the doctors, lawyers and who was even remotely a threat to their regimes.
I’ve talked to numerous friends who survived China 50 years ago, and it was like that there and then. Given the fact that technology is even better now, and today’s “progressive” liberal Democrats are driven by hate and envy instead of just amoral practicality like the communist party of China, you can bet they would break any law or any moral principle to achieve their ends.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:18 pm
I’ve talked to numerous friends who survived China 50 years ago, and it was like that there and then. Given the fact that technology is even better now, and today’s “progressive” liberal Democrats are driven by hate and envy instead of just amoral practicality like the communist party of China, you can bet they would break any law or any moral principle to achieve their ends.
Forgot about Mao! (What is it with evil men..they all seem like they are leftists.)

At 30 years of age I knew about 10% of what I now know concerning politics and WHY we have a bill of rights and a Constitution . I never thought people were evil......at 50 years of age I might have known 30% of what I now know

At 66 there's still lots to learn about the evil that can brew in a man's heart ....overnight.......

In this nation I'd say it's a fair bet that 90% of people do not know how evil a human being can instantly turn. THATS why I will never give up nothing......NOTHING-----6
Model A Uzi’s
sleddman
Levergunner

Post by sleddman »

Dont have any. I use a sling shot that fires a good 20 different caliber s
Love my lever guns. Need a new safe
MS 9x56
Levergunner

Post by MS 9x56 »

A few more than I need but not as many as I want. I don’t believe the second amendment set a limit. Actually any limits that dirty deed fell to politicians.
Life is too short to hunt with ugly guns
Turdyturdy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Turdyturdy »

When people ask how many guns I own I tell them guns are like cats, nobody really owns them. I follow with I have a few feral guns that hunt all night and sleep all day. Get a lot of deer in the head lights looks.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That information would be on a need to know basis. For what nefarious purpose do you inquire? Guns and Ammo does not serialize their magazines.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I think most people are just innocently curious and the question is no different than how many cars or Funko Pop figures one might have. People ask square footage and lot size often around here but real estate has a lot of price variability in the RDU area. I think people are curious what they can get in different areas. My girlfriend who is not a gun owner didn't understand why we often don't freely tell people what we have. I told her I may tell an acquaintance some models I have but I'm careful about who or what I tell mainly because of theft. I honestly don't know how many I have without counting them up. I have only gotten rid of about three in my life. I don't get that many but it has accumulated over my lifetime. My dad has given me a few of his old guns here and there the last few years. Honestly between hardly shooting now and only occasionally hunting, I have way more than I have the opportunity to use but I'm hoping for a more rural and relaxed lifestyle at some point. It's easy to overlook a few here and there.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Usually I don't have to lie and can answer truthfully with "one" and mumble something that sounds close to "on me". But in total? I don't know, my inventory list ain't numbered and I've never bothered to count.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

do i own guns, or do guns own me? i can't figure it out, so i get more, but they haven't told me yet.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'll answer the question in select company, but when someone I am not familiar with or it's asked to make an example or a point I'll go on as if I didn't hear the question... as many times as it takes to make MY point.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Any guns I may have had were lost in a boating accident decades ago! I do miss that Ruger Security Six! Stainless 4" barrel with the old Bullseye spring kit, that was one sweet shooter! :cry:
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Certain people get a general answer along the lines of more than I need less than I want. People I don't know usually get, NONE OF YOUR I*%I*%O* BUSINESS! I did answer that question to a reporter once, I have a shotgun, a deer rifle and a couple 22's. ALL OF WHICH IS TOTALLY CORRECT, I may have forgotten something here or there, darned old alzheimers.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.