M1 Carbines at MidwayUSA for those interested...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

M1 Carbines at MidwayUSA for those interested...

Post by AJMD429 »

This from MidwayUSA:

Dear Customer,

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! If you are interested in one of these M1 Carbines, please be ready to order when they are turned on for sale at 8:00 AM CDT tomorrow Tuesday, June 8, 2021!

The countdown timer shown in this email and on the M1 Carbine page shows the countdown to turn on. When the countdown hits 0:00:00, we’ll turn them on for sale. If you’re viewing products on the product page when they go live, YOU MUST REFRESH YOUR PAGE to see updated information and add products to your cart. You can do this by clicking the refresh button on your browser or swiping down on the screen if you’re using a mobile device. You can also refresh your browser by hitting the F5 key on Windows or Command+R on Mac.

PLEASE NOTE: All orders must be placed on our website as we’re not able to take gun orders over the phone. Placing a gun in your shopping cart does NOT reserve inventory. You must complete the checkout process, select an FFL Dealer, make payment, AND receive an order confirmation to ensure the purchase process is complete. Interest in these guns has FAR EXCEEDED our expectations so supplies are limited, and some manufacturers/grades are EXTREMELY LIMITED! If you’re interested in one of these fantastic guns, please order quickly.

If you plan to ship your M1 Carbine to one of our preferred dealers, you’ll be able to select your dealer during checkout. Orders to preferred dealers will ship without delay!

You may also choose to select an FFL Dealer later. If you choose this option during the checkout process, you’ll be able to complete your order. Once your order is complete and you’ve received an order confirmation, we’ll reserve your gun. You’ll have 5 days to select an FFL dealer to process your transfer. If you’re not able to select and arrange the transfer with an FFL dealer within the 5-day window, we’ll release the gun, so others have an opportunity to purchase.

If you plan to purchase with your personal C&R FFL, you MUST UPLOAD YOUR C&R FFL AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. Please have a copy of your C&R FFL ready to upload when you go through the checkout process. We accept documents in the form of .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif. Once you upload your document, complete the checkout process, and get an order confirmation, your gun is reserved. As soon as we validate your C&R FFL document, your gun will ship.

We’re excited to offer this very special opportunity! Thanks for your interest and your business!

MidwayUSA Customer Service
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Carbines at MidwayUSA for those interested...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

They'll sell for $400-$500 right? 8)
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

They ought to sell out quickly. Good luck.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got no horse in the race; the last thing is another cartridge to stock and/or reload, and although I like historic firearms I’d want one I could shoot, and shoot a LOT with a handy little carbine like that. That requires ammo, and I have exactly zero rounds of 30 Carbine...

At least I DO have one of my 10/22’s all dolled-up with an accessory kit that makes it LOOK [...sort of...] like an M1 Carbine, so I can pretend... :D

From a practical standpoint I figure I’ll just keep my Mini-14, because it kinda fills the same shooting niche, but without the historic aspect; adding that part just isn’t with the extra dollars right now. Now I might buy the right BOOK about them... :)
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

FYI, the 5.56x45mm was developed to have the same wounding charectoristics as the 30 carbine out to some 500yds! So, unless you're using Speer 110JHP bullets in your carbine, you're just as well off with a Mini14 or Ar15! HTH
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

As much fun as it would be, I don't see that it would be worthwhile. I haven't seen .30 Carbine ammo for a long time. I will keep using the things I have for now.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here they are - https://www.midwayusa.com/military-surp ... ?cid=24008

I always thought it would be cool to have one made by a typewriter company or Rock-Ola...but I missed that opportunity window (of doing it affordably) many years ago....

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I had one made by Quality Hardware. I sold it to a good friend before we moved to Mozambique. They are a neat little piece of history but I would rather use a good .357 levergun. The .357 will out-power the little carbine round all day long and is a lot more accurate. Back when you could get military surplus ammo little carbines were fun to shoot. I personally wouldn't use them for anything serious unless I had nothing else.

Way back in 1969 I had a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. That sixgun contributed to the cicada's and crickets that now constantly chirp in my ears. It was accurate but had no real power. I could hit a gallon oil can at 300 yards with it from a rest, but the bullets were just laying on the backstop. My .357 had so much more power and was a lot more friendly to cast bullets, that I sold the .30 Carbine and never have missed it.

Nowdays for the money ... unless you like WWII stuff which is just fine ... I would buy something else.

That just my personal opinion.
It ain't for anyone else.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I have one of those 30 carbine blackhawks. With the sights at the lowest they can go,it hits about 12" high @100yds. I use earplugs and earmuffs. That sucker is LOUD and has quite a fireball.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Rockrat wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:02 am I have one of those 30 carbine blackhawks. With the sights at the lowest they can go,it hits about 12" high @100yds. I use earplugs and earmuffs. That sucker is LOUD and has quite a fireball.
Back in the "old" days wearing ear plugs and muffs was pretty much unheard of. Sometimes guys would stick a 38 Special cartridge in their ears. Everyone just shot and ringing ears were considered normal.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

They would be fun, but for me, a .357 would do more as well as being more practical. I will pass on the opportunity.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Think we need to look at this in a different way.

A Ruger Mini-14 is barely 10% bigger in measurements, and fires a more useful and common round. (well, most of the time)

But...

There's a lot of history you're buying with these, and I'd love to have a couple from the different manufacturers.

On a retired budget now so unless the lottery hits, I will have to watch from afar.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Midways web site is posting prices, not available yet, oooffff!
I have my dads one he got back in the 60's for 20 bucks. He liked it for a camp gun with the 30 round mag. Of course we were not in grizzly country! As stated, I feel the history when I hold it, as I do with the Garand. If I did not have one I don't know if I would want one bad enough to pay the current prices.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought the Carbines would peak around $500, but guess I was wrong...!

I wonder if Garand prices have peaked yet....?

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Way overpriced worn out parts guns.....
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

SOLD OUT!!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That didn’t take long...

wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Not surprised they went that quickly.

Prices seemed to be in line for military collectibles.

How many are up on Gunbroker already? (grin)
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

wecsoger wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:13 pm How many are up on Gunbroker already? (grin)
Exactly!!!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Rockrat wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:02 am I have one of those 30 carbine blackhawks. With the sights at the lowest they can go,it hits about 12" high @100yds. I use earplugs and earmuffs. That sucker is LOUD and has quite a fireball.
Best to down load it to 32/20 velocity and pressure! Can you tell I'm a downloading fool? Love to download all my riffles! :mrgreen: For my Carbine, prefer 12gr 2400 with 100 grainers.