Six, A. P. Lane

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Six, A. P. Lane

Post by Old Savage »

Six, what do you know about this model?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Six, A. P. Lane

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
I think it a gun..not sure......if you find that make sure you turn it in to a responsible adult....like me.

It's a Colt with factory fitted target sights.....appears to have a non standard length barrel....most likely a Colt Officers Model which is the same frame as the Python.....Could be a New Service Target.....

Brain dead at the moment......dropping off Chuck Schumer at the pool.
Model A Uzi’s
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:30 am Six, what do you know about this model?
colt officers model in 38 special according to this article:

https://www.webdesignbyandy.com/reddotk ... tol-wizard
cable
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I was interested in the grips. I have done my best pistol shooting with this K 22.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey there Old Savage. Ole Six is busy telling lies to his wife and he asked me to tell you about special stocks.

In those old days nice special non standard guns got special stocks. He says that picture you posted in the first picture is the target model which not many were made in those days. Only rich guys like Teddy Roosevelt could afford such nice guns and Colt knew these things so they put nicer stocks on those guns. Today, everyone is rich so all guns get nice stocks except those foreign guns which Six hates so much because after a box or two of ammo they fall apart. I tell ya, he's somethin'!

Six says he likes that K-22 you have. It got those nice diamond stocks and thinks it's a 1960's gun. He also says if Old Winchester (Jay) stops around he is gonna send him out to you with that old buffalo coat and steal it.

He showed me this old Colt New Service Target in .45 Long Colt made in 1905 which is one of those special guns for rich guys. It gots those special sights and special stocks that are rarer than hens teeth.

Now you know why you like special guns so much cause you is rich!

Birdman of Leverguns
Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun May 02, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I have just decided since I messed up my sons handle, I will be giving him all of my guns this week. :mrgreen: Jay bird??? Really! When are you gonna fix this? I can’t! Do you just switch handles every time you post something? Haha :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay Bird wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:45 pm I have just decided since I messed up my sons handle, I will be giving him all of my guns this week. :mrgreen: Jay bird??? Really! When are you gonna fix this? I can’t! Do you just switch handles every time you post something? Haha :lol:
Hey boy....you like what yo papa did? Yea.....I was banned for a while (Leverguns Jail) so I took on your handle. Yo mama told me today that you were in Facebook Jail for posting something anti Biden....THATS MY BOY!!'

Guns? I believe you have more than me now but with a different style and all that class 3 stuff the rich guys buy....

Yessseeerrrriiii.....we both like our toys...I brought you up proper always reminding you that the guy who dies with the most toys is the winner.-----Yo papa
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dude...come on over to the fun thread in the politics section..."Chairman of the Politically Incorrect"
Model A Uzi’s
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Man, that is one beautiful New Service! Jay, or Six, or whoever the hell you are, I'm jelly for sure.

Cat
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

So that's why Sixgun hasn't been posting! He was put into Levergun jail!
He's the first person in history that was brutally raped in levergun jail!
I told him soap on a rope is the way to go when these things happen!
I heard he was traded for a pack of Newport 100's! I guess after a few
big guzzles of home made toilet wine even Six starts to look pretty!
If anyone needs to contact Six, just write to Deshawn Dexter Washington.
Philadelphia Correctional Facility
D block 16, Tear 6 12655 :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Catshooter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:39 am Man, that is one beautiful New Service! Jay, or Six, or whoever the hell you are, I'm jelly for sure.

Cat
Hey Cat.....Jay Bird & Six are one of the same....I was put in Leverguns Jail for a year so I used a buddy's handle....my son's....well, he used to be called "Sixgun Jr." but once I got ahold of his password I changed everything around....I did it so much "they" cemented all of my control board modifications......JUST LIKE THEY DO ON TWITTER TO MY PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT TRUMP.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun May 02, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Johnny...JOG.....I was watching "Platoon" last night and one of the black soldiers always kept a pack of Kools in his helmet....
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Now biden is going to outlaw all menthol cigarettes'
That's going to make a lot of black folk very unhappy.
Blacks consume 85% of menthol cigarettes' made here in America.
I had a buddy that smoked Newport's, he died of cancer at 48 years old.
That stuff will kill you!
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Man Six, all three of those are beauties! Do they shoot as good as they look?

I've never seen a pinned barrel Colt before. How about that.

I knew you were Jay Bird. Pretty unmistakable writing style. :)

Cat
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yes they do Cat......the Colt will not accept a bullet larger than .428 from either cylinder and the barrel miles .427.....I used to shoot it all the time back in the seventies and eighties...not so much anymore.......same with the Triplelock. The T.L. locks up so tight there's not a thousandths of play....I take it easy on that one...maybe 3-400 rounds in 40 years.

Thanks Cat...I'm a disciple of Skeeter and Elmer.....craazzzyyy on the 44 Spl. I got a mess of 1950 Target Smiths and single action Colts......all bought when the working man could afford them.

Here's another one, a single action Colt in 44 Russian .....1 of 153 of 44 Russians made that was owned by the famous John W. Hession, Marine Corp Wimbledon Cup winner.
Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun May 02, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

wow! just wow !!!!!
cable
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I'm a big fan of the 44 spl. myself! All that reading in my youth about Skeeter and Elmer did it!
You gentleman have some truly fantastic Smith's and Colt's!
I'm down to one lonely Ruger Blackhawk in 44 spl.
When I take my 1894 Marlin 44 out, the Blackhawk always comes with us!
Last edited by JOG on Sun May 02, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Beautiful old Model P Six, beautiful. Thanks for the pic.

1950 Target Smiths! Oh Lord. To me, a four inch '50 is right up there with the Model P & the 1911 for beauty. I've wanted one for I dunno, fifty years? Never even seen one other than pics.

Skeeter & Elmer were the best. I grew up reading everything they wrote & loved it.

Cat
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Catshooter wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:27 pm Beautiful old Model P Six, beautiful. Thanks for the pic.

1950 Target Smiths! Oh Lord. To me, a four inch '50 is right up there with the Model P & the 1911 for beauty. I've wanted one for I dunno, fifty years? Never even seen one other than pics.

Skeeter & Elmer were the best. I grew up reading everything they wrote & loved it.

Cat
Thanks Cat......you and I grew up with the same thoughts and likenesses.

A 4" 1950 Target 44 Spl.? Yea, I knew I had one in the pile of 6 and 1/2" ers. Killed my biggest buck with this one....

Cat, I was only a peon factory worker ..no rich guy by any stretch......I just knew a good buy when I saw it back in the day.---006

How do you like those grips with the pre war nickel silver medallions?
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon May 03, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Man, that is breath-taking. And those are some very scarce grips too. Thanks for the pic

Yep, I know about being a peon too! Worked as a sparky for 'bout 50 years or better. I'd've bought one of them beauties if I'd ever seen one. How do you go wrong with a .44? It was good enough for Sketter . . .

Cat
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

I grabbed that pic of the 1950 and am using it for my lock screen. Now I'm darn glad I did: all your pics are gone outa this thread! Did you forget to pay the rent at Photoshop? :)

That is cool as hell that you killed a big buck with it. When was it? There in PA? Elmer's load? I've run his 17.5 grains of 2400 under his 255 grain bullet out of a Charter Bulldog. That was in '75 when I bought my first Bulldog for carry. Stings a bit, but shoot well. Not to the sights though.

Cat