Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by GunnyMack »

Jay, do you have these in Maine?
20210429_183615.jpg
Known as Mayapple here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't think so bud. At least I don't recognize them right off.

Man! Just got back in from the garage. Pulled the rear springs, shocks, track bar, and whatever else out of the Jeep AGAIN.
Mostly gathering measurements to get ready for relocated shocks mounts and what length shocks to get. I've done it all ten times before, but I've done it so many times, and with so many modifications, I never know what numbers to use. :D
Two good things came out of the work. First, I noticed my passenger side bump stop bolt had worked loose. This could have been bad but was caught before anything got pooched. If I hadn't have had the axle dropped and the springs out, I wouldn't have known.
Second, after fiddling with my pinion angle and axle location, I was able to go back to my JKS adjustable heavy duty track bar. It's reeeeaaaal close, but it goes.
When I first did the flat skid, I couldn't make it work and was forced to go back to my stock one. I was not happy with that setup. It was a little short, so the axle was shifted to the passenger side a little. It also caused binding at droop, and limited my flex.
I need a win once in a while. :D
My dad came over to see what was cooking in the garage. I told him if I did the math, I'm sure I spend more time under Jeeps than in them. :D
Was just under Old Red the day before yesterday. Pulled the front driveshaft. Ordered the parts for a rebuild today.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Those be MAYAPPLES! Incredible that yours are up....I saw them today and they are just stating to show the canopy.....

That Jayster is quite the mechanic......for real, around here there's a lot of rich kids with new Jeeps and they have no one to do the lift kits. I can't think of a four wheel drive garage within 30 miles of here and the Jayster would make a mint..but ...he already has...

Well, I was out fiddling out back looking for fiddleheads and I found a million of those ferns....all over the place along the streams. I really don't know what to look for so I picked a few and mom says they smell like beans, like they are supposed to.....

The tops of the ferns were curly....here's a pic.

[url=https://postimg.cc/Lq8b8pqR][img]https://i.postimg.cc/7L38XPwC/IMG-9075
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GAMEKEEPER WINS! For you you Mr. Gamekeeper, I award you a pair of Meghan Markles used underclothes.....I really don't think you want them though.....looks like pieces of steel wool all over...

OK, on to business and fun times.....I have a million rifle slings from 1900 on .......I bought these single point slings for my AR's when the slings first came out and upgraded every time a better design came out.....Sooooooo, I keep this stuff and TODAY I found a use for one and it's PERFECT.....a single point sling that's elastic........sooooooooo I go out to the garage and get an old hose connector (I don't throw those out either) and replace one of the screws with a wood eye hole screw and VIOLA! ....a perfect adjustable and elastic shoulder strap for the semi mighty Ego power trimmer with the NEW powerhead!!!!

I get so excited at meaningless junk....that's how boring my life has become. ----006

Check this baby out....

[url=https://postimg.cc/XGTHLBs7][img]https://i.postimg.cc/j2jpszNN/IMG-9071.jpg[/
Close up of the hose connector thing-a-ma-jigger.

[url=https://postimg.cc/NyCPyzTX][img]https://i.postimg.cc/cHdqzqLF/IMG-9073.jpg[/
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun May 02, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey buddy that's a great idea with the slings. That would work great on my brush saw!

The fiddleheads would be gone by down your was I imagine. They would be all unfurled ferns. You guys are way ahead of us weather wise.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Sixgun Jr here. What’s up gang.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Don't look like you're getting much rain out there! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey dude.....you like the name change to Jay Bird? You see, i was changing my handle so often the moderators fixed it solid .

Jay Bird, in real life was an old black guy who used to hang out at the old Wawa at 202 and Rt. 1 in the late sixties/early seventies...don't think you remember that one...it's where Delco Steaks and all those restaurants are now.......Old Jay Bird used to sit outside of the Wawa with an accordion and a mess of old license plates.....he would bang away! As teenagers we would throw him money for wine and such.....he was a cool dude from the old school.

By the way, that's a nice BAR you have there!---Yo papa
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That cliff would be a nice place for Nancy Pelosi to sit and walk around........then we'd throw a bottle of marbles at her feet.
Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yes it would be if Nancy made a nice cliff dive but this is the actual place where thelma and Louise drove their car off the cliff at the end of the movie.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay Bird wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 pm Yes it would be if Nancy made a nice cliff dive but this is the actual place where thelma and Louise drove their car off the cliff at the end of the movie.
That's yucky...are their bodies still there at the bottom?

Hey dude......go look at your profile that I changed......Nome, Alaska has about 3 hours of daylight a year and I put down beach patrol, growing cucumbers and I work at a surf shop.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six, I love Jay Birds new profile, shows imagination... :lol: BTW thanks for Meghan's undies perhaps they will increase in value like Diana's party frocks... :shock:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Better make sure there is a rope around Nancy, there is water at the bottom- we don't want to pollute the waters! :lol:

Glad I didn't win this page, those princess skivies would have caused my dogs to loose their sense of smell rendering them large house cats!

Six does Quadratec do any work or just sell parts? Not far from here there is a 4wd shop, I won't go in there, I ordered shocks from them years ago and they sold them out from under me ! Then I needed a ujoint for my 88 Jeep, called them and was quoted a price. Got there and they charged me double what I was told on the phone. Bad business practices I won't tolerate. The name of the company I won't say .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I ordered an output yoke for Old Red from Quadratec yesterday. I've had pretty good luck with them over the last 20 years or so. I think they do work but we don't have any fancy places like that around here. There are maybe a couple small build shops in the state, but they are small and private. Most guys are stuck doing their own work or getting help from friends.
I hear you Gunny. It sucks getting screwed. It's worse when it's with something you're really into and feel like the hobby is a real community with people who share the same enthusiasm.
Guns, Jeeps, motorcycles, or whatever.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Raining hard here this morning. Like monsoon season hard. Ditch out front is overflowing. Roof gutters are overflowing and downspouts are a solid 4 inch jet of water gushing out. Probably a 4 inch per hour or more rain.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Is it really Friday ? Cuz today was more of a Monday as nothing went right. New Anderson slider, special order burnt bronze color and they install the 'weather block' - its WHITE! The aluminum sill is mill finish. WRONG WRONG WRONG! Can't install the door. The wind blowing directly on the side of the house where we need to install 2 windows, owner said not to do those. Then it started to rain... whole day shot to pelosi.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looked at the bunker schedule this morning- uh oh a 100 bird fun match today! Throw my guns in the truck , do my 3 'S-es' ( pelosi, shower & shave) and head for the Commonwealth to the bunker. Oh how the wind is HOWLING! I'm betting a 4m straight away is going to go maybe 50m distance (if not come back at the line) and not the regulation 76m. Did I mention the wind is blowing!! Wonder if anyone is going to show up...?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Trying to hit those clay pigeons is almost impossible for me when they get a 30 or 40 mile per hour tailwind. Wind speed much above 35 to 40 started to make lots of things difficult back when I lived out near the windiest part of North America. Between Dodge City and down through Lubbock is where anything less than 10 miles per hour is considered a dead calm. In 1983, Dodge City did not officially record even 1 second of wind speed below 15 miles per hour. They had more than 1 full year of that. Once a clay pigeon tips and the wind catches it, at 15 mph or more you never know whether it will dive, go up, or just go full speed ahead with the afterburners kicked in. Seeing a clay suddenly pick up speed about 30 yards after it was thrown is fun.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The software changed my airplane engine speed reference. Wow!
D. Brian Casady
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey....you shoot those birds Gunny! Every one on dem!....(I like those 3 s'es......our here in redneck land we call the 3 s'es, "shoot...shovel...shut up". Up there in Jay land they have what is called "SLB" which stands for "shoot" let it "Lay" and "Buzzards"......and sometimes it people..sometimes it's old refrigerators.....sometimes it blm

Wind was craazzzyyyy yesterday and still is today a bit but not as gusty. It's 2:15 and I'm not even dressed yet, but for me, it's nothing more than a T shirt, slip on shorts, my Redwings, and of course my "Trump 2020" hat...

I never was any good at trap but I rarely practiced but when I did shoot at our upstate deer camp "pre-hunt shootfest" I was the top guy using a Lafever double field model.....only gun I could hit birds with.....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man what a night! My buddy didn't go in, so I was all alone in the place. Everything broke down. What a mess.
Whew! Luckily I don't care, or it could have been a bad night. :D
Gotta swill a coffee, eat, and head back for round 2.
I want out.

Man, I bet the fiddleheads popped up today!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Targets were sporty for sure! We shoot facing due north, NW wind gusting to 15 or 20! The targets we throw are fast, 3-4 times faster than a backyard machine, these buck the wind a bit better but put them head into the wind they slow real fast and a tailwind well you shoot behind every time! One of my buddies is teaching his 9 yr old son to shoot, with the spring cranked down and s l o w target speeds they really duck & dive!

Jay how many machines are you operating at one time?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, last night they wanted me in inspection. I did keep a Mori-Seki machining center going on prep.
I was going to let the 5 axis Twin spindle Turbomills run. There are 5 of them. I calibrated 2 CMMs too.
It's ridiculous. There is no way one man can properly keep track of that and all the tooling in an effective way. If there is a problem, it's spit out half a dozen parts between all the machines. Hate it.

I can't hit anything with a shotgun in a dead calm, let along a 40mph wind! I'm terrible with them. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah no way one guy can keep that many machines going at once! Ridiculousness.

Ah ya just need a shotgun that fits and someone to stand behind ya that can tell/explain what you're doing WRONG :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I can find ONE of those things easy. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Your next trip down ( to visit Six ) ill teach ya all ya need to know!- no buffalo coats OR shooting vests allowed :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

HA! Whatayamean? I never leave home without my buffalo coat. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay.....Forget about competing with Gunny with a shotgun....he's in a class waaayyyy above us.......you know those boxes of clay birds with 144 in each box? Well, some company just came out with a clay bird thrower that throws refrigerators! You can use washing machines and dryers in a pinch.

You and I could hit those but I'd need you to pick up a few if you happen to see any laying along the road.

You were by yourself at work and "didn't care?" :D well, if you are anything like me, you make it LOOK like you care, but really don't. I used to drive around the warehouse with the same pallet of soda...looked like I was working.....when I went past the shipping office, I'd gun the engine then slow down for another 1/4 mile trip around.

During my trip around I'd usually run into a buddy who was smoking a joint or having a beer, and I'd stop for a bs session.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I think the best look I can muster is "mildly irritated". It's been like that since about my 3rd week.

Hey! A washing machine thrower! That'd be slick. An aerial target I might hit.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Use dryers- lighter and will go farther! I tried to get guys at school to get onboard the home appliance grand slam but most weren't willing to shoot their stuff. It all started with myself having an A.D. and shooting the tv but that's another story :lol:

You can bring your buffalo coat, just that it is too bulky for shotgun shooting, just leave it in the Jeep when we are shooting.

I'd really like to find one of those antique miniature traps that throw Ritz crackers, then I'd have to find a .22 smooth bore.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, I can't help with the Ritz crackers but Westley Richards used to have the first type of trap that threw glass balls full of feathers. If you can find a Webley and Scott .22 garden gun they have a choke barrel, I found that out when I fired a hypervelocity .22 out of one... :oops:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang!...I was thinking of Gamekeeper last night and I wanted to ask him something....should have wrote it down......

Summer day here.......80 degrees and a 10 mph wind.....funny thing, when the temps get to 90-95 and the humidity equals it, the wind stops.........

Gunny.....I can't think of nothing I have not shot...except for the obvious.......TV's, toasters, washing machines, cars, (junkers). dirt, bicycles, lawn mowers, (running).....trees, even an abandoned house .....we were small game hunting and I found a 12 ga rifled slug in my vest so I shot this old house and then walked in to find the hole and there in the room was a recently deceased homeless guy with his arm still twitching.........I flew outta there..... :D (please don't take these statements as gospel as some people just like to cause trouble for others.......I did shoot the house though...)

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

You have grasshoppers big enough to look like homeless guys?
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:27 pm You have grasshoppers big enough to look like homeless guys?
Ahhhhh...close......skunks that found a barrel of musk oil, not grasshoppers.

As we almost always eat outside...weather permitting.......we get surrounded by animals all waiting for a handout. So today, while munching down on mom's specialty cod fillets and her secret sauce recipe wrapped up with in a soft taco flour tortillas Miss Apple demanded she get a seat at the table...at the head of the table, of course....

She is very well mannered but did not like her taco so she got 2 hotdogs cut up.

This is the sequence of her "at the table" adventure.----006
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon May 03, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that pup is living large!
It's funny ain't it. Our pets didn't get that kind of deal in our younger days. Busy, kids home, setting an example and following rules. Now with it just us and the pressure off, the pets get the royal treatment.
Glad to see it ain't just us! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No human food here but fruit & veggies- although the girls do get pheasant if its shot up.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:04 pm No human food here but fruit & veggies- although the girls do get pheasant if its shot up.
I will say, I don't give Zoey any either. My wife may on occasion. That's why Zoey pays her attention at meal time. Me not so much.
Now, if I head for the garage, she is front and center. She loves to hang out with me there. Especially if it translates into a Jeep ride.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

We don't trust dog food...the cats get cat food but the dogs get boneless chicken breast and rice...the hot dog was a once a month treat...too much red meat like steak will give them pancreatitis .......then again, our dogs have always been little...might think different if we had St Bernard's.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Our Chihuahua, Mija, will fight for popcorn. She loves it.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Trust me guys- there isn't anything that a Lab doesn't like!! Winnie eats Altoids peppermints!!! Popcorn- they drool, eggs oh yeah better cook an extra one. Best are peas in the dish- they just keep liking and the peas go round & round! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 pm Our Chihuahua, Mija, will fight for popcorn. She loves it.
That is the ONE thing I will share with Zoey. She loves it, and it's always a treat for us both.
I never had a dog that didn't like popcorn.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hi all! I am still alive. I have been reading all your adventures and day to day stuff but didn’t have much to add sooooo. Work has been busy and I have been playing mechanic on my old truck. Rebuilt the rear axle all new seals, diff bearings, parking brake cables, brake lines,axle bearings, backing plates, blah blah blah.! Went shooting today
Marlin 1894 in 357 and Marlin 1894 takedown in 25/20.
Happy with all that. Hope all are doing well. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

fordwannabe wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:59 pm Hi all! I am still alive. I have been reading all your adventures and day to day stuff but didn’t have much to add sooooo. Work has been busy and I have been playing mechanic on my old truck. Rebuilt the rear axle all new seals, diff bearings, parking brake cables, brake lines,axle bearings, backing plates, blah blah blah.! Went shooting today
Marlin 1894 in 357 and Marlin 1894 takedown in 25/20.
Happy with all that. Hope all are doing well. Tom
Hey! Welcome back. Sounds like a project. Rebuilding an axle ain't something you want to mess up or half azz. You were probably wise to avoid our influence and distractions. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

All new ujoints in three driveshafts next then a complete rebuild of the front axle and suspension including ball joints and NEW axle shafts, steering parts, shocks, bushings, wheel hubs blah blah blah. Ordered a new bed crossmember kit too. I was looking through the want ads locally at newer super duty found my dream.... beautiful blue with silver, diesel, crew cab, nice but not ostentatious, 2019 with 34,000 on it AND a MERE $77,000.
So decided to put a boatload of money into Moby.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Howdy Tom....good to see you pop in......I believe I'm don't turning wrenches...at least on serious stuff like your doing......thinking for the last 5 years of dropping a new stroker six long block in ole Yeller keeping the rest of it original for simplicity ....putting new seats and 1/2 soft top and then having it painted blaze orange.....dunno

You ain't missed much...just bs ing ....

Five years later and I'm still doing retirement projects and things I've put off for 40 years....---006
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Blaze orange, wow, pick a shade ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

What was that from
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bone taken from the hip for an ulna repair.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks rather uncomfortable.
D. Brian Casady
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »