Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

I won! Should I gift myself? OK, Jay...send me that little Colt.....

You will like that gun......those 1903's and 1908's in 25 run...and run well....
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well in National Guard convoys you had about 150 troops by the side of the road.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

On convoy moves, the soldiers all do everything at the same time. 100 soldiers standing side by side all emptying their bladders on command. It happens. Civilians cannot understand. In the Military you are not an individual. You are just a part of the machine.

Is the "mostly peaceful" Taliban going to cease "mostly peacefulness" while we withdraw our troops?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 am
OldWin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:23 pm Hey!
You been spying on me with trail cams? :D
That's some pretty good sneaking to do that without me knowin! :D
There's some sneeky goings on lately, ain't even safe to take a leek in the woods now.... :oops:
Yup! Safer to go in the Rover! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just make sure it is a mechanical rover. The barking kind might return the favor.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Its windy here too! The cold front is close. At least it's not snowing. Supposed to have a low in the upper 20s tonight!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang wind burns me up....it was gusting so hard I thought Miss Apple was going on a wind flight to the next county when I took her for her evening walk.....
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not too far West of the Eisenhower tunnel in Colorado, Semi Trucks occasionally have their trailers knocked on their side by the wind gusts. It can get bad.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 pm Not too far West of the Eisenhower tunnel in Colorado, Semi Trucks occasionally have their trailers knocked on their side by the wind gusts. It can get bad.
Is that I-70 outside of Denver going into the Rockies?....it's a loooonnnnngggg hill......I've been on that many times and a couple of,times the wind was unbelievable.....

Also happens here about 10 miles away on the longest bridge in the World...the Commodore Barry bridge.....cops block it during high winds and don't let empty tractor trailers on it.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Back to Yosemite!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 pm
piller wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 pm Not too far West of the Eisenhower tunnel in Colorado, Semi Trucks occasionally have their trailers knocked on their side by the wind gusts. It can get bad.
Is that I-70 outside of Denver going into the Rockies?....it's a loooonnnnngggg hill......I've been on that many times and a couple of,times the wind was unbelievable.....

Also happens here about 10 miles away on the longest bridge in the World...the Commodore Barry bridge.....cops block it during high winds and don't let empty tractor trailers on it.
Yes. I-70 West of Denver. High winds in some places can get dangerous. It is not fun when your car is being pushed hard enough that it is lifted at about a 15 degree angle from the wind.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

SNOW! The cold front that came through last night left the ground lightly covered with snow. Wind is still up, a gentle howl :lol:

I've been through the Eisenhower tunnel a few times. Don't remember the wind being an issue but I do remember stopping take a leak very near the tunnel on the way back to school after elk hunting. That doesn't matter much but what was memorable was the guy with me got out of the truck in just his socks and got wet feet :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny.....i see you have a "good buddy".....the one with the wet socks....... :D ...... who's truck was it? You had snow? Low thirties here.....

Did you ever notice that when in elk camp, deer camp, wherever a bunch of guys accumulate and there's snow on the ground.......you see yellow snow spots everywhere and usually a beer can next to it.....

My boy was and still is a health fanatic and he would take these vitamins that would turn his pee a weird color of yellow. It was so distinct that I took pictures of it.

At elk camp we always had specific places for a #2......we would dig a hole about 12" x 12" and each man had his own "hole". Then there was Gunny's brother...a good guy but suspectable to fear.......their tent was about 20-30 yards from our tent but George was fearful of doing a #2 at nighttime and he would use a hefty trash bag in the tent! Gunny would have to go outside and sit in his truck while George was pooping.

One time after getting home I got a hefty trash bag, filled it with pine needle and a couple of short brown sticks and sent it to Gunny in the mail with a note saying George left some of his stuff in my belongings.

Ya know, when you get old the only thing funny is your past. Glad I had a good time when I was able to.------double O Six.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred......always liked nature and the wonders that were created for us to enjoy........then came people.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Rustic Yosemite history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Was my truck. I told him to either change his sock or put his boots back on or he was riding in the bed! Fresh socks and boots ! :lol: last I heard he went to work for Calico, those funky 9mm pistol things, he was sneaking parts out and made an unserialized one, went to the federal pen for that!

Around here its against the law to tear down an outhouse!

Still windy here, we were doing railings on a deck, NW wind just constantly blowing where we were working. Noses running, cold hands & feet we were happy to finish the rails and beat feet!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred......the first picture of the "little house"......isn't that on the National Historic Register as the birthplace of Obama?

Yea Gunny...ain't fun working in the wind.....I'd rather work in cold weather with the right clothes on........

"Lunchbox guns" were common back in the day............there's a new version called "Buffalo Coat Guns" that's popular today.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I saw a lunchbox Colt 1860, no numbers and a mistake on the cylinder engraving, I presumed that the engraving mistake ment that a few cylinders went into the bin and this one ended up in a lunchbox. The guy who owned it wouldn't sell, thought it was much more valuable than a factory proofed model.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah those buffalo coat guns are up to and including the Ma Duce not just little ol wheel guns :D

Naw Six its the hole under the little house that is registered!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Your wrong Gunny......Obamas birthplace was about 18" above dirt level......his resting place is in the hole.

Anyway, how do things like this happen?....a falcon in a tree?

[url=https://postimg
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A crane !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I always knew that those stupid cranes shouldn't drive. Who gives a bird a drivers license anyway?
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

If you google "falcon in a tree" lots of pictures of cars in trees come up.,....they all look like a crane put them there except this falcon car. You look at it....it's all rusty and nasty.....I think Lebro (Labron) James put it up there....he's tall.

We used to have a black guy at work who was super cool and didn't go for none of that black thang stuff...his name was Lebron and we used to call him "Labro". He liked it. I miss the old days when whites and blacks could talk to each other with no special interpretation of every word.

They would call us crackers and masters and laughed about it and as long as it didn't get derogatory everything was cool. The last 5 years of my employment it all changed and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Hey! I've been telling you guys about this swampy mess I've had out back for 46 years on the side of our back two acres and how I've been digging ditches blah blah....the sides are all beginning to dry up....it is still messy inbetween the ditches but I've probably gained a half acre. I tried cutting part of it the other day but it's still wet and very uneven. No tractor as it would sink but I can walk on it when before I could not.

I used my little push mower like a bush hog.....I was running over bushes, thorns, rocks, clumps of grass...you can't hurt it but it's hell on the blade which is a 10 minute job to resharpen. The biggest problem is I can't set the mower high enough but that changed today. :) I worked on this for 6 hours today and it was major REDNECK INGENUITY. Ahhhhh, semi permanent and it looks like I'll have to buy another mower for trimming...they are cheap...about 3

So,it looks like I have the only push mower with a lift kit.....cuts a bit over 5"----006

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey you're right! That IS redneck.
I mean, you put a lift kit on your mower. Just needs some 33s and a locker now.
I can tell you put in some serious time on that project.
You have a supply of water and toilet paper right there with you.
That's dedication to a project! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...I was thinking shackles like we used to do to our čars but that would have involved too much fabricating with braces and drilling a lot of holes on a 10 cent housing. Could you imagine a push mower 2 feet high? :D i as also thinking of putting 4 wheelbarrow tires on it or even double tandem the wheelbarrow wheels. Ha! $300 in wheelbarrow tires on a $1.98 push mower. Kind of like 38" Super Swampers.

Not bad redneck job huh? :D it's solid but now I have to buy a new push mower for trimming. Probably would have been cheaper to buy a $100 weed whacker.

Ya think I could make it in Maine?----0006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Here ya go ...this guy must be related to me.

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/PJwb0MwF
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Had a local mower repair shop , the guy also built drag tractors. For the longest time he had a tractor for sale, no one would buy it as it was too powerful. He stretched the frame to take a V6 and transmission from an import car, wheelie bars on the back. I asked him how fast it went , said he wasn't sure what top speed was cuz nobody has balls enough to take it through all the gears! Imagine a 100 mph lawn tractor!

Six, just 'bulldog' it! Put the wheelbarrow tires on the back! Easy to pivot on those big rear tires and drop it down onto the brush to chew it up.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:27 pm Jay...I was thinking shackles like we used to do to our čars but that would have involved too much fabricating with braces and drilling a lot of holes on a 10 cent housing. Could you imagine a push mower 2 feet high? :D i as also thinking of putting 4 wheelbarrow tires on it or even double tandem the wheelbarrow wheels. Ha! $300 in wheelbarrow tires on a $1.98 push mower. Kind of like 38" Super Swampers.

Not bad redneck job huh? :D it's solid but now I have to buy a new push mower for trimming. Probably would have been cheaper to buy a $100 weed whacker.

Ya think I could make it in Maine?----0006

Oh yeah. You'd fit right in. Everyone here on the thread would. Strangely, Old Savage is the one with experience. :D
Hey Gunny,
That reminds me.....
When my cousin and his buddy were in high school, they bought this go-cart. They took it to school and brought it in the auto shop. They cut it in half and added about 2 feet in length. They put a 340cc snowmobile engine on it with a tuned pipe. They put a set of big riding mower tires on the back. Their mistake was leaving the little original tires in the front.
That thing would roll smoke off those tractor tires like they weren't even there. It was fast. It would beat his buddies F150 with a 351 Cleavland in a short drag race no problem. I drove it and was shocked how fast it was. As you can imagine, it got crazy touchy with steering at about 60mph with those little front tires.
And oh yeah.......it didn't have any brakes.
My cousins buddy came out of my cousins driveway headed down the street to his house one day, lost it, and hit the delivery van from the laundromat.
When my cousin got there, Skeeter was laying about 30ft away and still had the steering wheel in his hand.
So ended the great go-cart experiment.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No breaks? Sounds like high school kids everywhere.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's cool Jay...on the go cart......closest thing anyone around me could have ...and could afford.....was a 2' x 4' sheet of plywood with lawn mower wheels and a boat sail.....sometimes we were lucky and found a hill.........we were so poor nobody even knew about gasoline and the wheels we used came out of an old work shop from a reel mower that some guy named Pitchy had.

Ahhh Gunny.....I'm gonna leave it alone ....looks like it will do the job as is...I'm pleased and confident. Those Honda motors are the S. On a cold engine this one needs a squirt of ether. I've had the carb off a few times to eliminate unnecessary thing-a-jigs and the automatic choke was one of them......from day one it was a PITA ......the mower would run high and low, high and low.....but it runs like a champ now.

My dad, in his last few years of employment ......(same as me, a million years with the same company.)......he took the job of "handyman" around the plant....he had to cut the grass outside .....he complained that he needed a new push mower but the boss wouldn't budge.....my dad told me he did everything possible to destroy this Briggs engine, running over rocks, metal grates,small trees, even draining out the oil and that thing would not quit....he finished it by pouring fine sand in with the oil.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I know a guy that was part of a go cart build. They used 4 10hp Briggs motors. All were chain drive to individual sprockets. Each motor was timed to the axle so it was always receiving power. They used to go up the street at over 100mph, turn into a garage and wait for the cops to go by then zoom back to where they started from. At one point the guy took it out on the state highway, it finally ran out of steam about 120, atleast that's what the cops told the judge!
These were the same guys that rode their motorcycles backwards around a traffic circle in traffic! Nuckin futs!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That was a fast go-kart.
Those Briggs & Stratton lawn mower motors are durable. Not the fastest or smoothest, but they just do not quit.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Lot to be said for low compression engines.

Stocking day! We are dumping another 2-250 lbs of trout this morning at the club. We have an air pump rigged to bubble into buckets of fish. The original setup was hard wired to use in a JD Gator. All well and good except for the fact the Gator would overheat with 8 buckets of fish. I volunteered to use my Ranger, reengineered the air pump to be interchangeable with any vehicle-Just a 2 prong plug. Now the Gator owner has traded in the old machine for a new one and I rigged it for the air pump. Now I don't have to use my machine. Only downside is I now have to carry buckets of fish from the gator.

Got adjusted yesterday, first time in 2 weeks. My chiropractor buddy was on vacation in VA turkey hunting. Of the 4 guys that went he was the only one to bag a bird.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

"Oh yeah. You'd fit right in. Everyone here on the thread would. Strangely, Old Savage is the one with experience"

Dad had a lawn mower shop. Sharpened thousands of blades there, one swipe, no burn, perfectly balanced. Overhauled a Gravely as a young teenager. Tough machines one we sold in 57' is still running.

One guy brought his Briggs in, wouldn't start. Funny, they won't run on apple cider.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Still busy with the grandeur of Yosemite.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's gotta be HARD cider! :lol:

Decided to take Claro with me to stock. The last bucket of fish to go in she realized the fish were alive. She chased one trout out into the river! Then started looking for more fish which left me caring her retrieving dummy. I guess here genetic disposition from her ancestors being cod dogs hasn't been bred out!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...your description of the fish, buckets, the Gator to a stupid person like me leaves me with a million questions. Ok, I understand the need for air bubbles but for how long?...like, is this a 50 mile commute with fish in buckets.

Fred...never been to Yosemite....been to Yellowstone......what I would like to see is a picture of Maxine Waters in a balsa wood barrel going over the waterfall.

BEAUTIFUL DAY.......me and mom are having a picnic outside today......my tree surgeon buddy got me out of bed at 11:00 to say he's doing a job nearby and will be over with a couple of cords of black locust.....

Oh! NEW TOY I bought yesterday....new Ego 56 volt battery powered trimmer with the NEW "powerhead".......just stick a 10' piece of cord through a hole with equal lengths sticking out of either side...push a button....and it automatically loads.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Six maybe a half mile but a bucket full of trout will use up available oxygen very fast, trout aren't the hardiest fish.

I was looking at the DR field mowers, they have a 56volt model that uses the same kind of string system. Boy are they proud of their stuff !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The tree trimming battery pole saws are a good idea for someone who uses it a few hours per year.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm up, I think.

Beautiful OS! Would love to see Yosemite someday.

They use tanker trucks to stock fish here. In remote places, they do it by air like fighting fires.

Ooooohhhhh!
Once it greens up, Six can come up and whack my weeds! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I've been through a few weed whackers and seldom had luck with 2 stroke motors......lots has changed since they figured out how to get past that ethanol garbage.

I just used up a full charge and it ran for close to an hour with the pedal to da metal.....I also have one of their chain saws and see no difference in power between 56 volt and a small gas engine.......battery powered chain saws are much easier to use and have zero maintenance and is THE equipment for the homeowner...all of them from chain saws, trimmers, blowers, weed eaters, even push mowers......I'm talking about people who have small to medium yards..........no noise..no gas to mix...no adjusting the carb...

Keep in mind that battery powered equipment was never designed for the commercial businessman.....

Except for big equipment like the mighty Kubota or chain saw for serious work, I'm buying electric from here on in.

I'm as knowledgeable about fish as Mike Tyson is about algebra.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For lots of homeowners, yes the battery powered yard equipment is the way to go. I never did understand gasohol. Even Ted Kennedy wouldn't drink it.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Geeze i feel like Six today- slept until 6am!! Well actually thats not 100% true, Claro woke me at 0300, she had to GO bad! So I took them out at 3, locked em in the kitchen & went back to bed!
Weatherman screwed up again! Was supposed to rain all day.

I have the Dewalt 20v polesaw, its a darned handy tool! Good for clearing treestands, getting deep into prickly brush piles and its quiet. Paired with the Mighty Husqvarna 550XP not much I can't handle. Now if I could borrow that buffalo coat to sneak away with a Mighty Kubota...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

6 a.m.???!!!!.........well young man, let me tell YOU what time I got up.....went to bed 2:30 and got up 11:30....strangest thing happened.....dog started barking, my daughter walks in the house.....(we don't lock doors) ....I sit up from bed.....hollar to her "hey, what's happening.".......she walks in from the back door ....walks through the house and goes out the front door without a word being said.........typical for a Taurus.....bullheaded, nasty, and me..me...me....

Well, AOC has be flushed...in fact, today I got the whole "squad" down to the dark abyss....----006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Was she sleep walking?! I only recognize one 2:30 in a day and it ain't that one!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Where'd everyone go?

I know, I know.....
Jay ain't around on the weekend so it isn't any fun.

Got a project going with my beater truck gun 94.
It's not really a beater, cause it was like new, but it's one of the early post 64 carbines. The "wood" was just super cheap and ugly, with finish so thin it was non-existent.
Anyway, it's almost done. I will give details and pics soon.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

To quote Judge Smales in Caddyshack
WELL, WE'RE WAITING :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Patients.....patience.
I ain't done yet. Another one or two coats of Tru-oil.
I ain't no professional, but it should look way better than it did.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No now! We want it now!! We are Americans and we demand everything right NOW :lol: :lol: :lol:

The nice thing about Tru-oil is it is very easy to work with, does a fine job too.

Fine we will wait patiently.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I really like Tru-oil, and I've used it before.
What is weird is what came before the Tru-oil. Maybe it was only new to me. You guys may have known about it. We will see........