Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......bored

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:22 pm Well now, the southwest desert, no bugs, no humidity and not much cold. After getting used to the desert had to stop coming east in the summer, too much humidity.

Hey! I won!
Yes! The no humidity thing sounds good buddy! I don't mind the cold. Not crazy about heat though.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Or if you come down from high elevation to sea level there is so much oxygen ya only gotta inhale once every 3 minutes! :lol:

Sorry about Bullet, thats a sad thing for sure. Friends lost a great little dog last year on the table.

Best part of living in the high mountain desert is ya can see your enemies a long way off! Not to mention ya can shoot a long way too!!

I've got a 6" 629, can't remember the last time I shot it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have a 6" 629 too. I love the Smiths from my youth.
Right now I have a chance for a 629-2 as new with box and papers. One owner. It's a 3" round butt with unfluted cylinder. Fairly few made.
Long money but the older Smiths are getting pricey.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

629PP....With a red dot, if you could see a grouse, you could pop it's head off.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm truly sorry about your dog.... Dogs are better than most people.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks guys.....poor little dog didn't get very much out of bite of life.....like a year and a half......

Here's a pic of Noah (Bullet) and Posey (Sparky)....I hate liberal names. :D ...when they were here for one of their many weekend visits.......

Gunny called the instant before mom was to get on a "virtual" phone call doctor's visit......the (other) Gunny......before I had to cut him off he told me he just bought a Ruger GP100 in 10 MM. gotta call him back
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Our middle son has an English bulldog. His name is Otis. Nothing liberal about that! :D

Well, supposed to meet the guy tomorrow on the 3" round butt 629.
We will see.......
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear about your daughter's little dog, a year and a half just ain't fair..
Shirley has just got a replacement for Rebel ( not a liberal name ) she has aquired a Cockerpoo with one eye.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Must be a pirate eh GK? My Dixie had an eye removed- melanoma.
Winnie ( Winchester Magnum) ain't libatard, Claro taint neither...Parker could be but seeing how her registered name is the highest grade Parker Brothers ever made it sure as heck ain't libatard!
I've always named my dogs after learning, observing their personality. Although I struggled to name Winnie, just couldn't figure her out. More than once she made me regret getting her, would NOT kennel, destroyed a couch, dvd collection, got into the junk mail- was like a ticker tape parade on a daily basis. As soon as she turned 18 months old was like a switch was flipped from bad to good.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Losing a dog is bad. Losing one on the operating table is worse.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think the worst ever was a 7 day old pup from my first litter. Poor little guy had a heart problem. The vet was crying more than I was. I decided that some little kid in heaven asked for a puppy...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My dogs have names which I think fit them. The grumpy old Grandma chihuahua who is velcroed herself to me is Mija. That is a hispanic word that means sort of my little girl.
Aoife is out Irish Terrier. Name is pronounced like Eefyuh and means Eve. She is our first Irish Terrier. She has a strong personality, as in thinking she can do anything she wants.
Masked Marvel is our male Rat Terrier. He doesn't growl or anything, but he just does not want anything to do with anyone other than family. Stand-offish is what we called people and dogs like him when I was a kid.
Flint Bear is a shelter rescue. Part Rhodesian Ridgeback. Really friendly, but he looks scary. 65 pounds of muscle and 300 pounds of energy.
Rainbow Sherbet was named before we got her. She is a ChiWeenie and all black.
The puppies are Trooper Thorn, Tamale, and Colter. Trooper is a big muscular boy who is way oversize for his breed. Tamale is the smallest and the fastest. She runs up and takes a flying leap at him to knock him over then runs away. He chases and she circles around something to get behind him. She grabs him by the tail and trips him, and as soon as he gets up the chase is on again. Colter is the middle sized one and she is always going somewhere.

We have lost some great dogs to old age.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just got back with Miss Apple......found a shed in da woods....Apple found it!.....when I walk the dog, I let her lead the way and I follow......this way she gets to walk where she wants to......dang if she didn't lead me in a different direction than we normally take..in all this thick stuff......while she is little and can walk underneath the brush/branches I was busy keeping the Wild Rose thorns out of my face and it made me look down and there it was...right at da feet....

3" round butt 629? Tell me more about it......it could be's da Backpacker.....very hard to find.........are you sure this is what you want as I have considerable experience with short barreled big bores and I have and have shot them all from the extremely mighty 2" no sight Tunnel Rat to 10" Flattops and 10" Smith Silhouette models. A 4" .....to me.....is the shortest practical length if you want to hit something...fast. My son has a Backpacker wit da 3" barrel and adjustable sights...we have both shot it enough to become comfortable wit it but that extra inch to 4 is a BIG inch.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't think its the backpacker. It is actually a version of the Hunter. Has a full lug, adjustable sights, and all the strength updates the Hunter series got. The Pachmyrs are factory. A few had the wood round butt combat grips.
They made 3200 of them.

Oh, I know it'll be a kicker! But I don't load my 44s hot, and it will carry better than my 6".

Speaking of recoil.....
My uncle has a 4" 329PD. It's the scanadium framed one. It weighs 25oz. Now THAT is a kicker, and I'm guessing maybe worse than this one. Matter of fact, my uncle got it for 500 bucks cause the guy that had it fired it. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That shed is probably from that buck you got pictures of. He found a quiet, comfortable &safe place to sleep at your place. Still too much snow here to shed hunt.

Well the snow has melted enough that we can get into the fields- bird hunting next 2 weekends, season ends on the 15th. I also have to get to the river and hang the stream markers i made. Fishing season less than a month away. Striped bass is right around the corner too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay....OK, somewhat reduced loads....200 grainer at a thou is what I use in my Tunnel Rat....about as powerful as a 45 acp. The lighter bullet makes all the difference in the world.

Yea...nice piece..I'd go for it.

Scanadium 44 Mag....the only thing they are good for is talking about it to your buds.....bullets jump their cases real easy...da dude
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I think I will. I like the Smiths "from my youth". The 70s and 80s.
I worked up a load for my uncles gun and tamed it down some. I shot it some. It shot ok but wouldn't shoot with my old 6" 629. Of course, that one is mine so I'm used to it.
Should have bought more when they were cheap. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh yeah!
That's cool your little dog found a shed. That's a big sport up here and guys train dogs specifically for hunting sheds. They sell them by the pound and some make good money. Mostly moose sheds. I have found some good ones just bumming around.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm gonna try to hunt sheds with sheds on my mind tomorrow ....this little patch of woods of about an acre is next to mine and it does not belong to me....I have never known anyone to go in there with any regularity in my 46 years here....it's so thick with small trees, wild roses, (you have them up there?...all thorns)....some kind of an everygreen scrub that was planted there 60 years ago...anyway, you get the idea, thick and nasty........you can't walk 3' without stepping on deer poop.

It's perfect right now for looking for them....snow is about gone and the leaves are flattened out from the heavy snow and are dark. That shed I found today stood out like me at a basketball game...

I shoot the same 44 caliber bullet that I use in the 44-40 rifles for the Magnum handgun....sized at full diameter...431....7.5 of 231 is beer can accurate at 100 meters.---jo jaffa bubba
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Probably loaded with sheds in there buddy. After a while, the mice chew em if nobody picks em up.
I don't know about the roses. I don't remember seeing wild ones. People plant some sort of em. I had some on side the house and they are hard to get rid of.
Lots of times the sheds will be around trees. They try and knock them off. Especially once one falls off.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Around trees?...it's so thick in there I can't see how any kind of a buck can get through it without catching on something.....
I hope Ronald don't see me back there.

Remember that hug buck I posted last summer? Believe he is still on the loose as about 95% of the deer harvested around here's wind up at my inlaws. If I find his shed will you give me your new soon-to-get 629 for it?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha boy now that's a deal! I feel kinda guilty. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Must be some good calcium in the soil around there. Takes a lot of calcium to grow big antlers.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Piller...the one pictured is little.......some huge racks come from around here....the one pictured below is from my buddy Richy, who died a month or two ago.....it made the cover of Rack Magazine.....taken about a half mile from here as the crow flies., dang near in my daughter's back yard.

Gunny..funny you mentioned that about the vet getting emotional...my daughter said the same thing today when she went to pick up Bullet (Noah).....I could not be in that profession even if I had the smarts....same thing as an EMT....guy I know had to quit when he saw some bad things with kids
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Given time, good nutrition almost any deer can grow a great set of antlers. Down there in Sixland I'm sure they have both. Around here the average age of a deer taken is/was 1&1/2 yrs old. Now that everyone wants big antlers, QDM has really taken hold and there are lots of big deer shot- where there is still a population of deer. 30 yrs ago it was nothing to see 100 deer by 9 am on opening day, 2020 opening day I sat dawn to dusk and saw 3 deer. Let's not forget these deer have evolved to live in neighborhoods.

Yeah that pup wasn't eating, took to local vet( I couldn't stand that woman EVER, glad the old crow retired)- couldn't find anything. Tried some meds. Back to the 24 hr emergency vet and they diagnosed the heart problem. Like I said, Win knew something wasn't right and never missed him. He is in a box on the shelf. Mother Nature knows more than we ever will.

So Jay did ya buy that 3" 629? Is that it in the pic or is that your uncles?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice bucks Six!

Gunny,
I'm going to meet him at 10. The pic is from the web. Its the same model. The one I'm looking at is with the box, papers, etc.
It's a 629-2 classic hunter 3". They were the first 629s to get the endurance package. They made 3200. Kind of an oddball.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I'll be hitting the wood's tomorrow morning looking for some sheds myself. Some of the snow has receded enough to possibly have some luck! Still pretty cold here in southern Maine! Tuesday suppose to warm up to the mid 40's! The older I get the more I look forward to spring.

I stopped by the Trading Post to put down a few bucks on the Smith & Wesson 64-5. I looked in the display case and saw a mint S&W 620 7 shot with the 4 inch barrel. I decided I must have the 620. I transferred the money I had down on the 64-5 to the pristine looking 620! I'll pick it up this weekend some time. The 64-5 was beaten up quite a bit. It seems that there's not much in stock, but there always some S&W in the display case.

The other day some of you gentleman were disusing the Ruger Old Army. Kittery Trading Post in southern Maine has a pretty nice one for sale! $550.00 with box and all the original paperwork. It's in 45 colt. I wish I had the money for the S&W and the Old Army!

I will update after my first shooting session with the Smith 620.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster....Smith made several variations of the "Classic Hunter". The very first 629 that was different from the standard 629 was the Classic Hunter...several variations like the one your getting came right after....since then, they made a lot of special 629's....the hardest one to get is ..I know...bragging....is the 2" fixed sight Tunnel Rat....

My Classic Hunter very well,could,be my most accurate revolver. Has very tight tolerances...yours will too....mine eats the 215 gr. Hensley & Gibbs bullet over 7.5 231...very pleasant and has won me a few local titles.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Careful with that cat. It looks as if it plans on having its own stash of guns. Maybe it was bribed by a man with a buffalo coat.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice stuff buddy!
I have those finger groove grips on my 629-1. It came with targets but I added them later. I like the look of them. Got em from my buddy for 10 bucks.
Priced those factory Smith combat grips lately? :shock:
Should get a set of round butt ones for this new one.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My 629 is a dash 2. Has the Hogue finger groove grips. Its the only revolver that shot to the sights when I got it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Cats and guns and dogs.......all four letter words in plural.....
I never cared much for cats until the last ten years or so...they do provide a service as we have never seen a mouse in da house in 46 years.

Jay....you better get ready for work...BIG WEEKEND ahead for you....3 Twelves...you lucky dog! Few more years buddy....it'll go fast..........I HAD the rarest and most collectible of all 629's....the pinned and recessed variation NIB.....made some crazy money on dat one....

Ahhhh...went to post office to mail the other gunny a mess of 200 grain cast bullets for his new 10 mm...new postmaster in a one person post office....a @#$%&+?....she got all nasty with me because I didn't have a mask so I told her Rupublicans don't get sick and I'm not wearing no mask..been coming through that door for 46 years without a mask and I don't plan on starting so go back where you come from and eat some dogs with your chop sticks and go spread some diseases.(no, I put that very last part in for laughs)
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like our post office, just wish ya could understand what they are saying. I went to mail something a few weeks ago and I had the zip wrong by 1 number. She says it wrong. Tells me to get out of line and find the correct zip code. Guess these smart phones are good for something- anyhow she could have at least given me the correct zip code.
Save the post office was a thing for a little while, how about privatize it, toss the union and they will start making a profit!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
People forget history...it's why unions started in the first place....the Rockefeller's, Carnegie's, Fords, Mellons, etc used people up like they were dirt..My grandfather was one of them being a coal miner from 1912 on. People died on the job, were thrown out of their homes, spit on, no job security, blah blah......

Without a union a company can get rid of you for about any reason.....its the only way I lasted for 44 years......a simple argument between conflicting character traits would have had me fired 50 times....and I did my job WELL along with missing less time in 44 years than most people racked up in a year. Seniority rights are thrown out the window.....we all start at the bottom of the ladder and work out way up so that means if a new 21 year old boss don't like someone for any reason, they can change their work hours to weekends, nights..to help one of their friends out......ANYTHING to screw up your life.

It's called GREED and when one party has too much power they use that power for their own interests....or just for spite....I saw it a billion times...not million, billion.....black bosses would give the best jobs to black guys and he TRY to oust a white guy who had 30 years on the job....BILLIONs of times......

Anytime the investors were not getting a big enough dividend check they would cut costs and guess who they cut....yep, with a union is was the junior people...without a union the senior people with 6 weeks vacation would go....

NOBODY comes to work everyday in a good mood or feels good....without a union management would use any kind of an excuse to get rid of senior people.

How much more time you have....can I get 1,000 pages to write on?---6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

In my job, I really wish we had a union.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Easy there Six, I wasn't trying to get you fired up. All I was saying is the post office should get rid of the union, they are slow, lazy & uncaring. Besides union its a government job! We have all seen & heard how poor the service has been lately and now that the latest covid stimulus has taken effect the post office is getting a pelosi load MORE taxpayer dollars! What's that to them ? Slower, lazier and even less caring to the public.
Now that said, when Dad was in his 27th year at Eastern Airlines and that jackoff Frank Lorenzo bought the company and gutted it to give all the equipment to his baby, Contential and the pilots, stewardess, food service, mechanics were tossed to the side the unions WALKED AWAY. Oh and dad lost more than a MILLION DOLLAR pension thanks to the union bosses not doing their jobs.
Were unions a good thing, yes. Are they a good thing now- I don't think so.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

How do I get a hold of Tom...he left chronograph instructions here and a black thing...don't even know what it is...says "Black Web" on it......just saw it a minute ago.....I'll see if I can find his number...I'm like EXTREMELY phone number challenged.
Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yo Six...did you say "Black web?" I think that's the dark web where people do bad things. That Tom guy lives down the road from me and I'll stop over there to let him know..if he ain't locked up. Talked to his wife yesterday and she told me he's at some clothing store getting fitted for some big winter coat with lots of pockets.

Birdman of Leverguns
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Grandfather on my mother's side was also a coal miner. Started at age 14 in Glen Lyon, Pa about 1890. Retired as the boss of the colliery.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds like we got a lot of Cousin Jacks on here.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My grandfather had black lung but that didn't bother management.....most of the miners were burned out by 45 and had to sell pencils for a living until they died......Those big names I posted above like the Rockefellers, etc were nasty people.....similar to dictators....everything for them and residue for the workers.......with unions came solid home ownership and if you were smart, maybe a cabin in the mountains.

A perfect analogy with these rich tycoons is Gene Hackman in "The Quick & The Dead" and "Open Range". He ran the town and protected himself with a half dozen goons......This is one of the very few times I agree with the Leftists....too much power to either side always has the same result.

Ive learned a few things in my 66 years. All through my life I've had people tell me their jobs were fleeting and were constantly worried about being booted and looking for another job. Even if you had a SOLID profession no one wants to start over new at another place and lose your gained seniority along with benefits, vacation time, etc. and a possible move to another city.

Unions protected all that from the greed of the owners....in MY time all we wanted was a fair wage with seniority rights as to job placement, hours worked, weekends, etc. we all bided our time and patiently waited until we had it good. I've never made big money and considered my time on a forklift as justifiable wages....I gave the company a fair days work for a fair wage.

The only downside of a union is that it parallels socialism where the bum is protected. Back in the day we knew this and we all pulled our weight, ostracizing others who took advantage. Towards the end of my "career", the workplace people changed to others who were mostly bums and outnumbered the decent folk and thus, the bad name for unions.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

On a brighter note, as usual I was up late (late for you guys) and decided to look for sheds. Got my heavy clothes on along with a flashlight.....I found the BIGGEST shed in history.........it was on my neighbors property.........this shed measured 12' X 14' and about 8-10' high and was FULL of chainsaws, weed whackers, tractor, chains, hand tools of every kind...............so, using reasonable deduction, I concluded that as these sheds fall off of the heads of deer every year, they are for the taking...........took me all night to get it all home........

Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Our sheds were broken into last night, chainsaws, weed whacker, hedge trimmer, leaf blower all taken. Non of my stuff, all belongs to the landlord. I hate thieves :evil:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:35 pm Our sheds were broken into last night, chainsaws, weed whacker, hedge trimmer, leaf blower all taken. Non of my stuff, all belongs to the landlord. I hate thieves :evil:
John.....I hope I didn't screw up the message above to your thinking......I was talking the other day about "deer sheds". I was being my usually goofy self about stealing others people's stuff.....I can honestly say I've never (that I can remember) taking another individual's hard earned sweat......ripped off the plant a few times with little stuff.......

One time I saw a guy wheel out an air compressor in plain view. No one suspected anything.....

I'm with ya brother.....my most hated character trait in a person, next to child abuse, is a thief.......I play with Old Win and the buffalo coat thingy, but I would comfortable leaving any regular on the "Gun Room" post the keys and combinations of my vaults while I was out of town. (I can also say that as I rarely leave town, or the house for that matter. :D )

John.....here's a deer shed I found the other day.

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Thieves are among the worst of those who claim to be human.

Deer sheds are not really anything I would complain about. They might fall off anywhere, and in most States, wild animals cannot and do not belong to the landowner. Something that you worked for or purchased is totally different.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I never find any deer sheds around where I live but they're mainly Roe Deer so not very impressive. The New Forest however, about 45 minutes away is a good hunting ground for Red Deer and Fallow Deer.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

When I Look for sheds I rarely find them. It seems to be dumb luck when I do. I enjoy walking thru the woods, if I find one it makes the day a little better!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JOG wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:15 pm When I Look for sheds I rarely find them. It seems to be dumb luck when I do. I enjoy walking thru the woods, if I find one it makes the day a little better!
Rodents will find and eat them PDQ.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pork chops in the 45 year old Wagner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well back at chasing birds, cover really took a beating from the snow, birds not wanting to hold. Parker had a real rodeo with 2 different birds today. Both were wingshot but legs worked fine. 1st bird ran more than 100 yards as I was running after it while Parker was scent tracking. Finally she saw the bird and then the chase was on, took another 100 yards before she got hold of it. The other bird was hunkered down until she got real close but she made quick work of it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!