Can't Ask For Much More On A Cold Night

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Can't Ask For Much More On A Cold Night

Post by JimT »

Sitting by the fire, reading the Leverguns Forum, listening to the Gospel of John and sipping some good whiskey.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Can't Ask For Much More On A Cold Night

Post by piller »

All together, it brings peace and joy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

John 6, 8 and some others.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Eating Chili and Cornbread, thankful for the roof over our heads! Let the cold wind blow.

Proverbs 22:3 _ A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Nahum 1: 7 _ The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That sounds pretty much like a perfect night! :D
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Its been far too long since I have had the opportunity to sit around a fire with good friends and good conversation. I think the last time was near Prescott Arizona with Rob Leahy and Ed Head.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

The wife and I crossed the border from Maine into New Hampshire to do a little tax free food shopping. Stock up for at least 3 weeks worth. Snow and freezing rain moving into southern Maine this late afternoon. I found some specials on some Maine seafood! I pick up some Haddock, fresh Maine Coho Salmon. Grey Sole. fresh Squid for my homemade calamary. I found some big Quahog chowder clams for a chowder. I guess I'll be stuck inside with the Mrs. while she's doing some cooking! Good food and good company! Nothing better on a cold snowy week!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That seafood sounds great. My wife HATES seafood. Makes her gag and turn about the color of a piece of rotten celery. I love seafood. Must be something genetic about tastebuds.
D. Brian Casady
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

piller wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:42 pm That seafood sounds great. My wife HATES seafood. Makes her gag and turn about the color of a piece of rotten celery. I love seafood. Must be something genetic about tastebuds.
I think it's instilled in you during your youth! By the age of 13 my favorite food was lobsters and crab's! My uncle's were clam diggers, so we always had fresh clams and assorted seafood. I was eating raw clams by the age of 12. We had a old baymen in the naeborhood that sold smoked eel. That stuff was tasty! My wife loves seafood as long as its cooked.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My wife grew up on the Pacific Coast. Her Older Brother has told me that she always hated seafood. The rest of the family loved it.
My Dad, brothers and sister all love seafood like I do. My Mom only eat fish if it is deep fried after dipping in an egg and milk mixture and coated with cornmeal. No other way, and nothing but fish. My daughter is like me. She loves everything seafood except raw oysters. The taste is too strong and the texture is a bit too slimy and chewy for us. Oyster stew is good. We like calamari.
D. Brian Casady
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Please no disrespect, but as a non whiskey drinker, what is a good whiskey nowadays, just asking? 40 + years ago' I bought the cheap stuff and tried to "drink her off my mind", and to this day the smell of whiskey makes my stomach nervous, although Seagams 7 and ginger ale is my go to drink . If I was to gift a whiskey what is a good one? Thanks
Rumble.com/ hickock45
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

4t5 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:21 pm Please no disrespect, but as a non whiskey drinker, what is a good whiskey nowadays, just asking? 40 + years ago' I bought the cheap stuff and tried to "drink her off my mind", and to this day the smell of whiskey makes my stomach nervous, although Seagams 7 and ginger ale is my go to drink . If I was to gift a whiskey what is a good one? Thanks
That's like asking what the best car is ... or who is better, blondes or redheads? Dangerous questions my friend! :D

Personally I like TX blended whiskey .. I like Glenlivet Scotch whiskey (the 14 year old stuff) ... Pike Creek Canadian whiskey .. Rowen's Creek Bourbon ... and my sister sent me a sampler for Christmas, Bob Dylan's line Heavens Door .. had 3 bottles in it ... Double Barrel Whiskey, Tennessee Bourbon and Straight Rye Whiskey. To me the Rye was THE BEST!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

One day at a time there Jim :wink:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Rye whisky is usually good. Irish Whisky such as Bushmill's or Tullamore Dew, or Jameson is good. Glenlivet is good. Johnny Walker is good.

Sipping on a small quantity of whisky (it is properly spelled either with or without the letter e) is enjoyable and a fine thing to me. It took me over a year to finish off the last fifth that I opened.
D. Brian Casady
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

JimT wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:55 pm Sitting by the fire, reading the Leverguns Forum, listening to the Gospel of John and sipping some good whiskey.
Do you have a dog or 2 by your side?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

3leggedturtle wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:40 pm
JimT wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:55 pm Sitting by the fire, reading the Leverguns Forum, listening to the Gospel of John and sipping some good whiskey.
Do you have a dog or 2 by your side?
TWO!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just me, and Odie....sometimes a couple swigs of something in a bottle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Odie has gotten big. I remember when you got him.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:37 pm Odie has gotten big. I remember when you got him.
That was about 5 1/2 years ago... Great dog...Knows how to act in the house. Never pees on rugs, unlike some people I can think of. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV