CCI Quiet segmented.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

CCI Quiet segmented.

Post by gamekeeper »

I have been trying these out and I'm impressed, my local dealer couldn't get CB longs and had bought these by mistake, I bought a 100 just to try out will pick up some more this week. I have only used them in my 9422 don't expect them to cycle a semi auto.
CCI-SegmentedHP-ammo-394x660.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Re: CCI Quiet segmented.

Post by 1894cfan »

That's all I've been using in my 39a for years, great for squirrels and rabbits out to about 30yds! Maybe a bit more if your riffle is accurate enough. :mrgreen: I'd suggest grabbing as many as you can, they just might dry up! :(

BTW, I've been shooting CCI CB shorts and longs even longer. Those are quieter than the 40gr Quiets, and still kill squirrels and rabbits out to about the same distances. Back when they were still available, I picked up the old Hanned Line SGB tools for short, long rifle and magnum rounds. Think CCI SGBs, but only flatter. I did a heart shot on a raccoon using a short with flat nose at 50 feet, just grunted and fell off the fence! I've also taken out a bunch of cats and crows with those, too! YMMV
Last edited by 1894cfan on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

John....they are great and like 1894 Fan says, "30 yards"....maybe 50 if your shooting cans.....and that depends on the type of "cans" your shooting........soup cans like it at about 10-15 yards....big fat "lard cans" only get dented.....the stability of the bullet wears off real fast and is akin to shooting a regular .22 L.R. at 200 yards......all over the place......

Shooting these "quiets" out of a long barreled closed action .22 rifle make for a pleasant day without peeing off the neighbors. I'm down to a brick or two of these and don't see many more on the horizon.------6
Model A Uzi’s
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

what does segmented mean?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Grizz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 am what does segmented mean?
The bullet breaks into three pieces on impact, I have used the sub sonic segmented with great effect on Squirrels, wasn't sure about the quiet CCI at only 710 FPS.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:28 pm
Grizz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 am what does segmented mean?
The bullet breaks into three pieces on impact, I have used the sub sonic segmented with great effect on Squirrels, wasn't sure about the quiet CCI at only 710 FPS.

I take it that the bullet is very fragile.

Mine are round noses and would most likely be terrible for hunting....I only hunt "cans".

Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It's difficult to see that they're segmented but certainly do a good job on Squirrels.
IMG_20210220_175215.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've used regular-velocity roundnose modified with Paco Kelly's "acu'rzr" or however you spell it for years, and they hit like little mini sledgehammers. I did some limited testing and they also were a bit more accurate (as he claims - thus the device's name) than unmodified bullets. They work in all my guns pretty well, but I shoot most from either my levergun (Ruger 96/22) or bolt-action (Savage).

https://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-re ... llet-tool/

What it makes for you (starting with regular roundnose):

The link to his site is not working, so if someone has a new link, please post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

news to me. thanks or the info.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I suspect that when they flatten out a hair, they grip the rifling much better....always a good thing. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No bullets found or kept, but I have the Accu'rzr tool. The dished noses are accurate and hit squirrels with a slap. Don't expect to eat the ribs when you use that and shoot them in the ribs. Don't expect them to run even 1 step after they get hit.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost